Chapter 29

The Boy Next Door

 

-3 months later-

You woke up to your alarm clocking singing in your ears, “Aiyo~” You yawned and stretched your arms as you climbed out of bed. You slipped into your slippers and opened your curtains, “Good morning.” You sarcastically said.

You slipped into the shower and let the hot water beat your skin. *So refreshing…* You pumped some shampoo into your hands and lathered it into your hair. You let it rinse out and applied body wash all over your body.  After you were done, you stayed in the shower for about five more minutes before closing the water, and wrapping the towel around yourself.

You stepped out of the shower, invited by the fog from the hot water. You ran your hand on the mirror to look to at your face. You brushed your teeth and washed your face.

-As Dasom gets ready for school let me take you readers to a little run through on what happened in the past 3 months…When Kai left Dasom searched for him a lot. First she thought he didn’t come to school cause he was sick but soon she found out he had moved, to where? She didn’t know…Why? She didn’t know. Anyway she searched desperately for him and even went to his home several times asking for him but he was never there nor did she get a clear response where he was. His phone number? Changed.  Anyway, you’re probably wondering about Sehun right? Well Sehun and Dasom no longer speak to each other. After Kai left they just grew a part. Don’t get me wrong, Sehun still wants to be with Dasom, but he doesn’t have the courage and Dasom…she’s just confused and lost.-

“Literature…” Dasom said as she took out her textbook from her locker. As she closed her locker, she saw Sehun walking. She clutched her book and sighed, *Kai…*. She was lost in her thoughts when she heard her name being called.

“Dasom…” The voice said, “Dasom.”

“Ohh?” You said snapping out and looking up.

“Let’s go?” Miyu spoke. Miyu, the Japanese exchange student or your new best friend. Soyu hasn’t spoken to you in Gods knows how long.  Miyu was everything Soyu wasn’t. She was understanding, smart, nice and overall never got jealous of you. But you still missed Soyu, why? You don’t know. You missed Soyu’s careless attitude, her bubbliness and most importantly, you missed your childhood friend. Everything in your life has taken a turn, leaving you agonized.

“Oh…let’s go.” You replied but didn’t break your gaze from Sehun. He was at his locker getting his belongings.

“Sehun?” Miyu spoke, “Why don’t you go up and talk to him instead of watching him from a far.”

“No.” You replied, “I’m not watching him.”

Miyu shook her head and said, “You said you guys were close then why on Earth won’t you talk to him.”

*Because he doesn’t want me to talk to him…and I’m scared to speak to him…* You shook off the feeling and said, “Let’s just go to class.”

Miyu nodded and followed you.

 

“So everyone please pick class partners because this up-coming project requires it.” The teacher said as he handed out papers. “Go on sit next to your partners.”

You looked at Miyu who shook her head, “Sorry I already said Yes to Kyungsoo.” You turned around and saw Kyungsoo getting up to sit next to Miyu.

You looked around but everyone already had partners, “Then who will be my part-“

Suddenly, the door open and in came running Sehun, “Sorry I’m late I was with coach.” Sehun said handing the teacher a pass.

“Oh…Sehun glad you can make it.” The teacher said taking the pass and handing Sehun the project paper, “Go choose a partner who you will work with for this assignment and be seated.”

“Ohh…sure.” Sehun said and headed towards Kyungsoo.

“Sorry, I’m with Miyu on this one.” Kyungsoo said as he looked at Sehun.

“Aish…” Sehun said ruffling his head, “Then who’s my partner?”

“Is there a problem Mr. Oh?” The teacher said.

“Yeah, I don’t have a partner.” Sehun spoke a bit sad Kyungsoo picked Miyu over him.

The teacher looked at you and said, “And Miss Dasom why aren’t you paired up with someone.”

“Well…” You spoke.

“Seems like you and Mr. Oh will have to collaborate on this assignment.” The teacher said.

“But-“You said but got cut off.

“Is there a problem with that?” The teacher asked.

You shook your head and turned around to look at Sehun, “There’s no problem with that.” You said.

As the teacher explained the project, you and Sehun sat awkwardly next to each other.

*What Sehun, why can’t you say something to her…Damn why is this so difficult now? You guys kissed…* Sehun thought as he turned his head and saw you biting your pen. He gulped.

You turned your face to see Sehun starring at you and turned it away quickly, *What luck is this?*

Meanwhile Kyungsoo and Miyu were giggling by themselves watching you two.

“Good idea Miyu, I thought those two would never talk to each other.” Kyungsoo said.

“I know.” Miyu said and gave Kyungsoo a small high-5.

 

Class had ended and it was time to leave. As you were packing your things at your locker, when you heard your name being called.

“Dasom?” You turned around and saw Sehun approaching you. You closed your locker and looked at him.

“Ohh?” You replied.

He scratched the back of his neck and coughed, “So uhmm….when do you…I mean when should we work on the project?” He managed to say.

You looked at him and sighed, “Oh I almost forgot about that. Ahh…” You whined.

You heard Sehun laugh and looked up at him, “Sorry.” He said clearing his throat.

“Well…” You said, “I’m starting my volunteer hours so I’m only free on Saturday and Sundays.”

Sehun smiled and said, “Then this Saturday?”

You nodded and walked. Sehun smiled and followed you, “Dasom…the exit is that way…”

You stopped walking once you reached the paper hanging from the main office of the class ranks. You halfheartedly smiled and sighed.

“Ohh…your number 1, I noticed you’ve been number 1 for quite some time.” Sehun said looking at the class ranking.

You furrowed your eyebrows and turned to face him, “You noticed?”

Sehun’s ears grew red and he coughed, “I mean…I walk by here sometimes and occasionally I’ve glanced up and your names always there.”

“Ohh….” You said and turned around and starred out the window, “I noticed you won a lot of championships for the basketball team too.”

Sehun smiled shyly when he heard you say that and replied, “Dasom.”

You turned to face him and said, “Yeah?”

He looked into your eyes and said, “I missed you.” 

~o~o~o~

Sorry for the long wait! I have midterms D":

PS: Prince Jaejoong is back! I love his album <3