Chapter 17

The Boy Next Door

 

“Hey!” Soyu said as she leaned against the wall next to your locker. “Why didn’t you respond back to my texts?”

*Why do you think….* You shut your locker and looked at her and shook your head, “I fell asleep.”

She nodded and started walking with you, “So I guess you’re still tutoring Sehun huh?”

You stopped walking and said, “Yeah…how come everything that comes out of your mouth is about Sehun?”

She furrowed her eyebrows and replied, “What’s with the attitude?”

You ignored her and walked away to your class, *Why am I being mean to her? Its Sehun’s fault anyone…poor Soyu…I got mad at her for no reason. I’ll apologize to her at lunch.*

 

“Yo.” Kai said as he sat down next to Sehun in Chemistry class.

Sehun who was looking blankly at his phone replied, “What’s up?”

Kai frowned and said, “Waiting for a text?”

“Yeah I texted Dasom billions of time but she’s not respon-“ He grew red and shook it off, “Nevermind.”

 “Why are you into her?” Kai asked.

Sehun’s ears reddened and his tongue grew dry. *What’s wrong with me?* His heart started beating fast and he hastily replied, “NO!”

Kai chuckled and said, “Good cause I am.”

Sehun turned to look at Kai who was smiling, *Did he just say he likes my Dasom?*

Kai smiled and continued, “I’ve always watched her from a far but now I want to ask her out. I mean she won’t reject me right? I’m a good catch…” He laughed and said, “Yesterday when I was supposed to eat with you but you ditched me, I ran into Dasom. We ate together and had some small talk…” He smiled thinking about yesterday, “Yeah…I think I’ve fallen for her.”

Before Sehun could reply the teacher came and started with today’s LAB procedure.

Sehun didn’t pay a bit of attention to the teacher, rather his mind was too occupied with what Kai had said earlier. *So Kai wants Dasom…my Dasom…I shouldn’t have ditched him yesterday! Damn it Soyu…* He sighed frustrated and banged his head on the table.

“Is there a problem Sehun?” The teacher asked.

The class snickered and Sehun, embarrassed, responded “Sorry.”

 

“Dasom!” Someone yelled your name in the hallway, but you were too caught up in your thoughts you didn’t even hear them. “Dasom!”

This time the person pulled you by your arm and turned you around.

“Sehun….” You said shocked but then suddenly it hit you *Kiss me and sleep with my innocent best friend*, “What do you want?” You asked not interested.

Sehun awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, “That’s not what I was hoping you’ll say….” He let out a fake awkward laugh/cough and continued, “Uhm…sooo…” He tried to buy some time but you interrupted him.

“If you don’t have anything to say can I go?” You tilted your head, “I’m going to be late for class.”

“But you have lunch next?” He responded confused.

You rolled your eyes and said, “Your point?”

“Uhm…want to sit with me in lunch?” Sehun asked.*Please say yes-*

You thought for a minute and nodded, “Why not?”

Sehun smiled and walked happily with you to lunch. *Two can play this game Sehun.* You thought as you ‘faked’ a smile to Sehun, who thought it was genuine.

While Sehun and you were having this conversation Soyu was watching. Once you both were gone, Soyu whispered to herself, “It can’t be.” She crossed her arms and thought, *It can’t be can it? Does Sehun like…Dasom? Is that even possible?* She clenched her fists and took a deep breath, “Friend or not…Sehun is mine…” She smiled viciously and continued, “If it means hurting a friend to get to Sehun I will.”

 

In lunch you sat with Sehun and Kai, and later Soyu joined. Sehun was uncomfortable with Soyu sitting next to him but he didn’t show it, because he was way too happy that you were there.

“Here…” You said as you handed Kai a Banana-bread.

Kai looked at it and smiled, “For me? Thanks Dasom.” *She had this with her yesterday when I ran into her…* Kai nodded and took a bite out of it, “Delicious!” You smiled and nodded.

Sehun grew jealous when you gave that to Kai. *She said she was going to get me Banana-Bread-No Sehun don’t be jealous….she probably will give it to you at tutoring lessons.* With that Sehun grew a smile on his face.

“Ohh…Sehun…” You said looking up at Sehun.

“Yes?” Sehun asked. * Or maybe she’s going to give it to me now-*

“I can’t tutor you today,” You glanced at Kai and back at Sehun, “I have somewhere I have to go.”

Before Sehun could respond Soyu said, “I can tutor you Oppa.”

“Where do you have to go?” Sehun asked, ignoring Soyu.

Kai cleared his throat and said, “Dasom and I are going to work on our project.” Sehun looked at you and you nodded. Kai smiled and continued, “Luckily we got paired up to be partners.”

~o~o~o~

OMG!! Did you see Top-Media's NEW IDOL GROUP 100%? THEY ARE AMAZING!! Support them!!!

This one, Jonghwan is like I think my fave.-I mean I liked him since I watched Teen Top 100% show.