Chapter 20

The Boy Next Door

 

That morning you woke up with puffy red eyes. You slipped into your uniform and went downstairs.

“Sweetie don’t you want to have breakfast?” Your mom asked as you came down.

“No.” You said, as you wore your shoes.

“You sure?” Your mom said bringing out the fresh made waffles, “I made your favorite chocolate-walnut waffles….” The door was shut and you were out already. “What’s wrong with her today? She looks all worn out….” Your mom sighed as you took a bite of the waffles.

 

“Dasom.” Soyu said as she smiled at you.

You just resumed getting your books out of your locker and did not even bother to say something. As you slipped your Chemistry book into your satchel Soyu spoke again.

“What’s wrong with your hair it’s a mess and you look pretty tired today.” Soyu said. *I bet you are dying since I sent that picture.* Soyu gave you a fake smile and blinked innocently.

You had enough now, “Can you move please? I have to get going.” You firmly said to her.

She smirked and pushed you back a little, “Why? Why is our little Dasom so sad today?” She laughed and continued, “You look like a hot mess.”

You rolled your eyes and pushed her back, “At least I’m hot…you’re just a mess.”

Soyu grabbed your hair and pulled on it, “Say it to my face Dasom!” She yelled.

By now, there was a decent crowd around you both screaming “Fight.”

“You’re a backstabbing Dasom!” Soyu screamed as you also pulled on her hair.

“At least I’m not a !” You yelled back, “Some friend you are!”

Soyu got mad at you defending yourself, so she slapped you hard a couple of times and pushed you against the wall.

Before you could get up and do something. Someone grabbed you back and said, “Dasom!”  You turned around to see who it was but it was not who you thought it was.

It was Kai.

“Come on let’s go.” He firmly stood you up and led you away from this mess.

As you walked away with Kai, you saw Sehun standing there next to Soyu. *I guess he likes her as much as she likes him.*

Sehun looked at you leave with Kai, and his heart sank a bit. *Aish…why am I not good enough for you Dasom? I guess a princess deserves a prince anyway.* He sighed and watched you exit the scene.

 

Kai had taken you out in the courtyard. You were sitting on a bench and quietly sobbing. Kai came back with a water bottle and icepack. 

“Here Dasom…” He said opening the bottle and handing it to you. You took a sip and placed it next to you. Kai sighed and sat down next to you.

“Look here.” He said and gently cupped your face to face his. He looked at you with a worried expression and placed the icepack on your cheek. He then brought your hand to it and said, “Hold it still.” He stood up, combed your hair with his fingers, and patted it down. “There you look like a princess now.” He said trying to make you smile but it didn’t work.

He sat back down and looked at you. “Don’t cry Dasom.” As he said that, you bawled out even more. You suddenly fell into his chest and held on to him, and cried. He was shocked by the contact but placed his arms around you and drew you near his body.

He patted your back and said, “I know your hurt but I’m here for you Dasom. You can tell me anything and I will always be on your side.” He held you back so he could see your face.

He stared into your eyes and wiped your tears away. “I’m always going to be here for you Dasom…” He said as he looked at you, “Always.” He brought his lips close to you.

You thought he was going to kiss your lips but you were wrong. He gently kissed your forehead and smiled. “Come on I’ll take you home.” He said and stood up.

You also stood up and replied, “But school isn’t over yet…”

He chuckled and said, “I’m Young Master Kai though remember?”

You laughed and replied, “I thought you didn’t like being called that?”

He took off his jacket and placed it on your shoulders, “If it makes you smile I’ll say anything…and why didn’t you wear a jacket today, it’s freezing.”

You scrunched your cold nose and replied, “I was in a rush this morning.”

He lightly knocked on your forehead and said, “Idiot.”

~o~o~o~

YAY! Updated! Thanks for all the good luck and get well/be safe wishes <3 love you!!