Chapter 25

The Boy Next Door

 

“Ahh…” You sighed as you shifted in your sleep a bit before getting up and answering your cell phone. It was 6:00 AM.

“Hello?” You answered groggily answering the phone not even bothering to check who the caller ID was.

“Dasom-ah…” The voice trailed.

“Kai?” You looked at the time and replied, “What is it? Is something wrong with Sehun?”

-Note: It has been a week since Sehun was discharged from the hospital. He has not been in school cause of his injuries so he is getting home-schooled for the time being and resting up. You have not visited him since and are planning not to interfere with him and his life anymore. To you that is the best thing to do. PS: You have been purposely ignoring his calls and text messages.-

You heard a pause in his sentence and then he replied, “I’ll explain when I get there, right not you should get ready and be down in an hour or so, okay?”

“Wh-what?” You exclaimed, “Get ready? It’s Saturday Romeo I’m not up for a date at 6 AM!”

“Dasom.” He sounded rather serious.

“Okay I’m getting up, where are you taking me anyway?” You asked.

“Just dress formal Dasom, it’s kind of a black tie event you can say.” He replied and hung up.

“Jesus! Can’t even say goodbye!” You rolled your eyes at your phone and got out of bed, “Thinks he’s a hot shot since he’s a Young Master psh…my !”

 

You wore a black dress just above your knees and French braided your hair to the side and pinned a bow at the end. You wore your blue military jacket that was up to your knees with black pumps and black leggings. You slipped your phone and wallet into your pocket and headed outside.

“Formal event kind of?” You said to yourself what Kai had said to you earlier, “What’s that supposed to mean…kind a?” Your thoughts were interrupted when Sehun’s homes door was also open and out came Sehun in a black dress shirt and dress pants.

“What the?” Before a word could be exchanged between you two, a limo arrived.

“Show off.” You said and headed towards the white limo.

You were shocked to see Sehun also come in. Both of you exchanged glances but strangely, Sehun did not say anything. *What is this…he calls me and texts me but can’t say a word to my face…* You thought looking at him, *Well that’s good since we shouldn’t tangle our lives anymore.* You took a deep breath thinking about it.

Both Kai’s and Sehun’s face seemed sad. Especially Sehun, his face seemed so pale, drained of every color known to man; he had dark circles and seemed stressed and tired. You switched your attention to Kai; but Kai caught your gaze and smiled.

You returned it and sighed, “If I didn’t know any better it looks like we are headed towards a funeral.” You said to yourself softly drawing on the foggy window.

 

“Kai…” You said shocked, “Where..why..who-“

Kai cut you off as Sehun opened the door and he said, “Hurry let’s go in.”

You nodded and while trembling followed them inside. As you entered the funeral home, you could hear sobs and prayers going on. A strong smell of roses filled the air and when you entered the main room and there is where you saw a huge photo of Luhan hanging.

“Luhan…” You said flabbergasted. Kai grabbed your shoulder and smiled, “Come you should pay your respects.”

You nodded but could not move. “Luhan…why….” You remembered his smiling face laughing and telling jokes. You remembered how close he was to Sehun and there it hit you. *Sehun must be divested…* You searched the room trying to find him but you couldn’t. *All those times I purposely ignored you…I am sorry…You probably needed someone to talk to…someone to lean on…A friend…* You ran out the room frantically trying to look for him.

You ran up and down the staircases and eventually you halted after reaching the upstairs balcony. You saw Sehun standing there aimlessly.

You wanted to run to him and hug him and tell him it’s okay and you’ll be there for him but your body didn’t budge. You just stood there and watched him. *I’m sorry Sehun…I’m sorry but I can’t…* You wiped your teary eyes and walked back down the stairs wanting to go home. It was all too much for you to take in.

 

You were sitting spaced out in the taxicab, looking out the window.

You left the funeral home without telling anyone you were leaving. All you could think of was Sehun, Sehun and Sehun. It bothered you so much. *Luhan….* You sighed looking out the window, *I’m sorry I left you before paying my respects but I don’t know what to do…I’m confused…I’m-*

The taxi driver interrupted your thoughts and said, “Miss where do you want to go?”

You snapped out of your daze and looked at the meter, *Damn I was spaced out…*, “Just take me someplace where I can get my mind off things, somewhere far from here.” You sighed looking out the window again. 

~o~o~o~

YES SIR I HAVE UPDATED!

Please show this cutie a lot of love, because I will be posting a story with him soon! Kangjun from C-Clown <3

Do you guys watch 'School 2013'? I just wanted to know cuz this kid looked so hot when he got beat up, I mean am I the only one or what?