Chapter 38

The Boy Next Door

 

“You don’t have to.” You said as Sehun buckled his seatbelt. You looked at him and said, “I could take the bus.”

Sehun shook his head and the ignition, “No, I don’t mind and besides I like to drive you places.”

“What?” You asked a bit confused, “You like to drive me places?” You finished with a laugh.

You saw Sehun smirk and he fixed the mirror so he could see you and not crash the car. “What’s so funny?”

-

“Dasom wait.” Sehun said as you got out the car holding your books and bag.

“Ohh?” You said turning around.

“Kai…he got a new number?” He asked.

You smiled brightly and said, “You want to talk to him?”

He nodded and you smiled even more, “I’ll text you his number then.” You replied.

Sehun nodded and said, “Thanks.”

You smiled and walked up to him, before he could leave. “You’re the best.” You said pecking him on the cheek.

He smiled and placed a loose strand of your hair behind your ear, “No, you are.”

 

“Dasom?” Kai said as he waved his hand in front of his dazed friend. Dasom was at the hospital visiting Kai. She was sitting on his bed with him and he was helping her with homework and school studies.

“Ohh…” She replied shaking out of her trance, “Wh-What?” She asked a bit confused.

Her confusion caused him to chuckle a bit before he asked, “What’s wrong?” He leaned closer to her and pushed her head a bit with his finger, “You seem so caught up in your thoughts.”

Dasom took a deep breath before she dug through her bag and took out an envelope, “Here.” She said handing Kai a card, “This is what’s on my mind.”

Kai furrowed his eyebrows and took the card while saying, “What? An invitation?” He opened the card and nodded with his mouth slightly open, “Ohh-I see.” He closed it and handed it back to her, “Go.”

“What?!?” Dasom replied shocked at his response, “How can I go?” You gawked.

Kai shook his head and said, “You still want to be friends with her.” Dasom looked at him and before she could respond he said, “I know you got into a fight but I can see you still want things to be like how they used to.” He patted her head and continued, “You should go it’ll be a good way for you to rekindle your friendship.”

Dasom smirked and sat on her knees and said, “Kai-sshi why don’t you take your advice sometimes?” She smiled when he looked at her confused and she said, “Don’t just say it but preach it.”

Kai looked at her and said, “What do you mean?”

“Sehun will be there too…” She patted Kai’s head like he did to her and said, “It’ll be a good way for you to rekindle your friendship. I know you guys have a lot to talk about.”

Kai chuckled and said, “But I wasn’t invited.”

Dasom shook her head and said, “Soyu would never mind if you come you know that.” This time Kai agreed with her, she could tell by looking into his eyes, “And besides I’m bringing you along~” You said in a sing-song voice.

Kai awkwardly coughed and said, “Ahh! I feel so sick!” He touched his stomach and faked pain, “Hurts!”

You rolled your eyes and leaned closer to him and said, “Aigo~” You pinched his cheeks and said, “What a bad actor!”

Kai smirked when you pinched his cheeks more and suddenly he started tickling you. You started laughing hysterically and tried to kick him off of you. “Aigo~ Our Dasom is really ticklish isn’t she?’ He joked while tickling you.                                                                                                                                                                                 

Sehun was going back home, after dropping you to the hospital for your ‘volunteer’ hours when he noticed one of your books in the crook of the seat and emergency break. He smiled to himself and said, “How can you forget your Trig book?” He turned the car around and went back to the hospital.

Sehun parked the car into an empty parking space and locked it as soon as he got out. The car beeped as it locked and Sehun ruffled his hair, “Aish…I hate hospitals but you are needed so I have to go.” He said looking at the Trig book. He held the book with one hand and went into the hospital.

 

As soon as he got in, he went over to the information desk and said, “Excuse me?”

The perky chubby nurse smiled and said, “May I help you sweetheart?”

Sehun nodded awkwardly and said, “I’m looking for my friend, she volunteers here, can I know where she is?”

The nurse frowned and said, “That’s funny the volunteer-ships were over last week.”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and the lady asked, “Can I have your friend’s name?’

He nodded and replied, “Her names Dasom…Kim Dasom.”

Just then a nurse was making her way out the information desk said, “Your Dasom’s friend?”

Sehun turned his attention to her and walked over to her, “Uhh-yeah, do you know her?”

“Yes I do.” She smiled and said, “I can take you up to her if you’d like?”

Sehun nodded and said, “Thanks.”

As they made their way into the elevator the nurse said, “She’s always visiting the hospital every day.”

Sehun furrowed and said, “The nurse at the information desk said that volunteer hours were done though?” He looked at her and asked “Is she doing extra?”

As they door opened of the elevator the nurse shook her head and said, “No, she’s not.”

Sehun followed close behind her and said, “Then who’s she visiting?”

The nurse stopped in front of the hallway leading down and shyly said, “I’m not sure of their relationship but something tells me it’s her lover.” She laughed and continued, “Their really cute.” She looked at Sehun who just stood there frozen, she coughed awkwardly causing him to look at her and she continued, “It’s the room on the left, 2nd to last.” She finished and walked away.

Sehun stood their frozen but shook it out, “That nurse is strange.” He walked into the hallway and thought, *Her boyfriend?*

 

Kai was tickling Dasom so much that she couldn’t breathe at that moment.  While laughing she accidently smacked his head so he landed on top of her and she fell down onto the bed.

He was hovering over her now and she was awkwardly laying down underneath him.  Her left leg was propped up and his left arm was laying right next to her head.

“Kai-“ Just as Dasom spoke, Kai’s room door opened and Sehun stood there in front of them.

“Sehun.” Dasom said as she pushed Kai off of her, who himself sat up and Dasom followed.

Sehun took a step back and looked at her shocked and confused. Dasom stepped off the bed and walked over to Sehun but stopped once he spoke.

“So this is your volunteering?” He said painfully.

“Sehun I-“ Dasom said but she got interrupted.

“You what?” Sehun said cruelly. Then his eyes drifted to Kai and he smirked, “You always win in the end don’t you?”

Before Dasom could say something Kai stood up and said, “Sehun idiot this isn’t what-“

Sehun cut him off and said, “I am an idiot.” He looked at Dasom straight in the eye and finished, “An idiot to date her.”

Dasom felt like a thousand pins stabbed her at that time. She went to Sehun and grabbed his arm only to be thrown away.

Sehun pushed her hardly and said, “Don’t touch me.”

“Sehun listen!” Kai said going after him but Sehun didn’t stop. Kai kept walking until he heard something fall down. He turned around and saw Dasom on her knees with a million tears in her eyes. 

~o~o~o~

MWHAHAHA!!!! Who do you ship her with? Oppa Kai or Baby Sehun?