Chapter 37

The Boy Next Door

 

Kai and you were seated across each other and you were gazing down at all this food in front of you. You looked at Kai who was cutting a steak elegantly. You gulped, “Kai…”

He responded, “Mhm?”

You lightly laughed and said, “Isn’t this too much food?”

He placed the steak in front of you and shook his head, “No…I’m really hungry didn’t I tell you?”

You smiled and nodded. He opened up a table cloth and walked over to you and placed it on your lap softly, “Just in case.” He said before sitting back down and starting to cut his own steak.

You looked at him and smiled, *He’s such a prince…I mean he’s so gentle and caring, perfect.* Kai caught you staring at him and he cleared his throat, “Star-struck?” He joked.

“No!” You said looking away embarrassed, “You just had something on your face.”

He furrowed his eyebrows and said, “Really?” He chuckled and said, “Where?”

You stabbed a piece of steak with your fork and replied, “Everywhere.” Then took a bite of the delicious saucy mouth-watering, tender piece of steak.

 

Soon enough you guys were done eating and were making you way back to the car.

“I told you it was a lot of food.” You said to Kai as you guys walked through the parking lot.

He looked back at you and replied, “But you ate most of it. Don’t they feed you at your house?” He joked.

“Kai!” You said running after him. He laughed and ran faster.

Kai was almost to his car when he stopped midway and froze.

“Kai.” Sehun said as he was about to get into his car. Sehun closed his car door and walked over to Kai.

“Uh-“ Before Kai could speak you came running behind him and crashed into his back.

“Oh Kai why’d you suddenly stop-“ You stopped talking as you brought your eyes to Sehun.

Your eyes grew large as you looked at Sehun who was intensely staring back at you.

“Sehun I can-“ You said but stopped when Sehun spoke.

“When did you come back?” He said looking at Kai and then back at you, “And how long did you know?”

You just stood there awkwardly and tried to speak but nothing came out.

Kai cleared his throat and said, “I came back couple of months ago, and I just met Dasom not to long ago.”

Sehun took a side breath and nodded, “Alright then. Nice seeing you.” He said sarcastically and made his way to his car.

You walked in front of Kai and were about to make your way to Sehun, when Kai grabbed your hand, “Dasom-“

You looked down at his hand on your arm and softly said, “Sorry.” And just liked that Kai released you and you went to Sehun’s car.

You opened the passenger side of the door and sat in the car. Sehun didn’t even bother to acknowledge your existence and ignored you.  You were thinking on what to say and as Sehun pulled onto the highway you glanced at how furious he looked.

“Sehun…” You said softly, “Sehun I-“

Before you could finish your sentence Sehun spoke, “Not now Dasom.” He said sternly.

You looked at him and said, “Sehun please don’t-“

“I SAID NOT NOW DASOM!” He yelled at you causing you to fall back into your seat. Sehun sped on the speed of the car and his hands wrapped tightly around of the steering wheel.

Sehun had never raised his voice in front of you and this was the first time you had seen him like this. You up some courage and gently placed your hand on his, which was holding the wheel. You wrapped your hand around his and spoke shuttering, “Y-your g-going t-too fast.” He eased on the wheel as he heard you say that and glanced your way. He slowed down a little and sighed.

“Dasom I...” He said and glanced at you, “I was just…just-“

“Sorry.” You said, “I should have told you sooner but I didn’t know how and-“

Sehun interrupted you by saying, “Don’t apologize. You didn’t do anything wrong.”  He took your hand in his and kissed it and placed it next to him, while stilling holding it. “Kai probably didn’t even want you to know huh?”

You nodded, “I accidently found out.”

He glanced at you and said, “So? Where was he?”

“I can’t tell you that…” You said looking back at him, “You have to speak to Kai yourself; he’s your best friend Sehun he would tell you.”

He nodded and glanced at you again, “Your right.”

Sehun pulled up into your driveway and you got out. You thanked him and made your way through the pathway to your front door. Before you could open your front door Sehun called out your name. You turned around and saw Sehun walking up to you. You made your way down to him and met halfway through the path.

“Sehun?” You said looking at him.

“I’m sorry for yelling at you earlier.” He said and brought you close to him. You shook your head and before you could say anything he kissed you. His kiss was so soft and gentle like he was scarred of something.

You parted your lips from his to early and shook your head, “It’s okay I know you didn’t mean too.” Before he could reply you said, “It’s getting late you should go home too.” You turned around and walked into your house.

When you heard his engine go on and the car drive away, you fell down back laying against the door. *Every time I kiss you…I feel guilty…* You cried into your knees and hoped for everything to turn out okay.