Chapter 41

The Boy Next Door

That morning Sehun woke up with a huge headache. “Aish…” He said as he heard a strange knocking sound in the distance. It stopped but then started again, Sehun grew aggravated and decided to get up so he could check what that sound was. He opened his eyes and was about to get up but couldn’t.

 There was weight on his chest. He saw a girl laying on his bare chest. Sehun sat up at once only to grab a hold of his head, he had a massive hangover.

Suddenly, the girl started to move. “That was a refreshing sleep!” She beamed and sat up and then looked at Sehun, “Oh…Oppa you’re also awake!” Soyu said smiling brightly.

 

Dasom had come home that night. The doctor had said she just needed some rest and was prescribed some pills but overall she was good as new. The first thing she did that morning was get dressed to go to Sehun’s house.

“I should probably talk to him…” Dasom said as she walked onto Sehun’s lawn leading to his front door. “I have been such a bad person to him…I hope he can forgive me.” You take a deep breath and knock on the door. No one answers.

You look at the driveway and notice his parents’ cars are not present, only his is. *His parents must have gone somewhere…* You knock again but no one responds. *He’s probably sleeping…* You say and just as you are about to walk away you stop. “I can just go in right?” You say to yourself. The front door is open, no surprise there.

You step inside and close the door. As you take of your shoes and place them on the side, you see a pair of red pumps there. You chuckle and say, “Mrs. Oh seems to be really going for a younger style.”

You smile taking another glance at the shoes and then make your way up to Sehun’s room.

 

“Soyu!” Sehun screams and jumps out of bed shocked. He finds himself only in his boxers and his mouth opens even wider.

“Oh Oppa.” Soyu smiles and looks at him still seated in the bed with the duvet over her, “Oppa did you sleep well?” She asks looking at him in a strange way.

“Oh Oppa did you sleep well?” A voice mimics Soyu’s.

Sehun freezes. *That voice…No…* He says and turns around to see Dasom standing in his doorway.

“Good morning Dasom.” Soyu says shamelessly and to piss her off even more she gets out of bed. Your eyes bulge out when you notice Soyu is only in her undergarments and so is Sehun.

As you take a step back Sehun says, “Wait Dasom this isn’t-“

You interrupt him and say, “No…” You try to smile but it looks pathetic and miserable, “I’m sorry for disturbing you.” Just as you were about to walk away, Soyu stops you with her piercing words.

Sehun is about to say something but Soyu doesn’t give him a chance, “You should have knocked first, I feel red all of a sudden.”  She says bluntly.

You look at Soyu and say, “Sorry.”

Soyu chuckles which makes you stop walking and turn around, “No.” She smirks, “I’m sorry Dasom…” She looks at Sehun and then back at you, “I’m sorry you had to catch us like this.”

You can’t take it anymore so you run away. Sehun breaks out of his shock and is about to run after you when Soyu grabs his arm and says, “Oppa…don’t go.”

Sehun furiously pushes her aside and runs after you, he runs down the stairs and see’s you putting on your shoes. “Dasom!” He says and runs over to you. “Dasom-I-“ He says but stops talking when he sees a tear escape your eye.

You smile a teary eyed smile and laugh, “And I thought these were your umma’s shoes.” You say picking up the red pump shoe. You look at it and say, “But it’s Soyu’s.” You clench your teeth and look at the shoe with disgust.

“Dasom…” Sehun says and tries to move forward to you, “Listen-“ He says but gets interrupted.

“Don’t get any closer to me I might do something rash.” You warn him.

As he takes another step to you, you throw that shoe at him and it hits him right above his left eyebrow causing it to bruise. “Ah!” He yells for a second but stops when he sees you run out the door.

*This is a dream right?* He thinks to himself, *This didn’t just happen.*

“Oppa!” He hears Soyu yell and that tells him this isn’t a dream but a nightmare.

 

“Dasom?” Kai says as he opens the door to your room. “You’re mom let me in, here I got you flowers.” He says and places them on the dresser. “Dasom?” He says again a bit worried.

Your sitting on your bed, knees pulled up to your chest and head down. He notices you are shaking and then he hears a sob.

“Look at me Dasom.” He says and brings your face up. His eyes bulge out when he sees your bloodshot eyes. “Why are you crying?” He asks.

 

Before he can say another word you jump into his arms and cry even louder, “Kai…” You sob into his jacket.

~o~o~o~