Chapter 26

The Boy Next Door

 

“Thank you.” You said stepping out the cab.  You sighed and walked up to railings at the side of the road.

You clutched onto the railings, took a deep breath, and closed your eyes.

You smelled the fresh ocean, felt the chilly breeze hit your face, and comb its way through your hair. You swayed your body back and forth like the waves and just tried to empty your mind.

“Feels nice doesn’t it?” Someone spoke.

You furrowed your eyebrows hearing an unfamiliar voice. You ignored it and kept doing what you were, you thought that person was not talking to you but someone else.

“The ocean air always seems to cleanse one’s thoughts…” The voice said again.

You opened your eyes and saw someone standing right next to you. Shocked you almost fell off the little sidewalk but the stranger caught your arm just in time and helped you up.

“Thank you.” You said a bit embarrassed.

“Ahh..it’s fine.” He replied, “You don’t seem from around here…” He said looking at your attire.

You waved your hands and replied, “Oh no! This is just because I was supposed to go to a funeral I don’t normally dress up like-“ You stopped talking once you realized you were telling a complete stranger about your personal life.

“Supposed?” He asked.

“Nevermind.” You said and turned around to walk away.

He yelled after you and ran up to you, “Hey! Wait up!”

You turned around and asked, “Why? Do you know me?”

He shook his head and scratched the back of his neck, “No…I was just-“

Just then, your phone rang and you took it out of your pocket to see the Caller-ID. ‘Kai’ You sighed and turned off your phone.

“Got into a fight with your boyfriend?” The stranger asked.

“Look what do you-“You yelled at him but stopped as you got a nice view of his face. He was so handsome and that astounded you. You should not be thinking like that since you just came back from a funeral home and because of Sehun, but this stranger took your breath away.

“Sorry I seem to be bothering you a lot…but I need help and couldn’t find anyone else your size-“ He said but you cut him off.

You raised an eyebrow and said, “My size?”

 

“Here you are Miss-“ He furrowed his eyebrows and tapped his shoe.

“I’m Dasom, Kim Dasom.” You replied taking the outfit from him.

He smiled and held his hand out, “Nice to meet you Miss Kim, I’m Daehyun.”

You nodded and shook his hand smiling, “Nice too meet your Daehyun-sshi.”

He frowned and replied, “Just call me Daehyun.”

“Okay, Daehyun.” You responded.

He smiled and gave you 2 thumbs up.

 

You came out the bathroom and dusted off your apron. You were wearing a plaid skirt with a white-collar shirt. You also had on a headband with bear ears. You walked up to Daehyun and smiled, “This is what you needed someone my size for?” You said raising an eyebrow and eyeing him suspiciously.

He chuckled looking at you and replied, “Actually we just opened up this café and needed a pretty girl to attract customers.”

You laughed at what he said and said, “I’ll let this slide cause you said I was pretty but you have been warned Daehyun.”

He smiled and held the broom still and saluted you, “Yes sir!”

Just then the bell from the door rang and Daehyun sprinted to the cash register while singing, “Customers!”

You smiled and got to work, “Hello would you like to try the new peach-honey tree; it’s made with 100% organic ingredients.” You said to the customer.

 

“That’s the last one! We can close up now!” Daehyun said and hung the closed sign up on the window.

You yawned and sank down into a chair, “I’ve never been so exhausted…” You said while looking at your sore feet.

Daehyun chuckled and said, “Change I’ll take you out for a treat.”

You looked up at him and nodded, “Okay, give me a minute.”

You came out from changing and so did Daehyun at the same time.

You could not help but laugh looking at his black leather jacket.

“Why? Do I have frosting on my face?” He said embarrassed.

“No…” It’s just that, “Nevermind.” You said.

“Ah! Really! Tell me?” He whined.

You chuckled and replied, “It’s funny how you work in a Bear themed café and then wear a leather jacket.”

He smiled and said, “I know, it’s my mom’s brilliant idea to have this theme so what can I do?”

 

“Thank you.” You said to the waiter who brought your noodles. Daehyun and you were having lunch in a noddle shop. The noodles were hot and felt warm in your stomach.

“It’s really delicious!” You exclaimed as you ate them.

Daehyun smiled looking at you, “You look like a complete different person now.” He said.

“What do you mean?” You asked a bit confused.

“I mean…” He thought for a minute, “I might be wrong but you seemed upset when I first approached you but now you seem livelier.”

“Thank you.” You suddenly said to Daehyun who looked at you confused.

“For the food?” He asked confused.

“No,” You looked at him, “Cause of you I got my mind off of things.”

Daehyun laughed and said, “Well that’s what working does you know, you get so consumed into it you can’t think of anything else but getting the job done.”

You nodded in agreement and replied, “I know I felt that today.”

Daehyun looked up at you and said, “Well I’m happy I helped you too. I have returned the favor.”

 

“Thank you for today Daehyun.” You said while bowing.

“Whoa! Whoa!” Daehyun said lifting you up, “No need for the bows and thank you too cause of you I was able to have a successful first day at the café.”

You smiled and nodded, “Call me anytime you need help.”

“Will do.” Daehyun said thinking it was a good idea for him to exchange numbers with you.

“The cab should be here any minute now.” You said.

He nodded and replied, “Can I ask you a question Dasom?”

You looked at him and nodded, “Yes, you can.”

“Why were you upset? Was it because someone close to you passed away?” He asked thinking that is why you were at a funeral.

“Not quite…I mean it’s cause-“You said but got cut off.

“Boyfriend problems?” Daehyun said.

“Boyfriend?” You thought, “No…more like a guy friend…I suppose.”

He nodded and just then, the cab came, “Well I have to go now I’ll see you soon Daehyun.” You said and got into the cab.

Daehyun waved until the cab disappeared into the night. “Guy friend huh?” He chuckled and said, “Kim Dasom you are one strange girl.”

~o~o~o~

I Know what your thinking 'WTF is this chapter?' BUT stay with me lovely readers, I know what I'm doing :)

PS: I need someone to make a poster for my story before I post the foreward so if anyone is interested for doing that for me, message me, I'm desperate!