Chapter 21

The Boy Next Door

 

“Kai…would it be okay if we go anywhere but my home….” You said as you looked out the window of the car.

He smiled and replied, “Sure Dasom, anywhere particular you want to go?”

You shook your head, “Anywhere is okay with me.”

He nodded and said, “Alright then.”

 

“Dasom wake up. Dasom,” Kai said as he shook your body, “Wake up Dasom.”

“Mhmm…5 more minutes mom…” You mumbled in your sleep.

“Mom?” Kai laughed, “I rather have you call me Young Master Kai than that.”

Instantly you woke up and yawned. “Sorry!” You said, “Where are we?” You said as you looked out the window.

Kai stood up and held his hand out, “Coming?” He asked. You took his hand and got out the car. “This is my favorite place to eat.” He said pointing to the place on top of a hill overlooking a bay.

You looked at the small cottage like place and then said, “It doesn’t suit your Young Master image.”

He frowned and suddenly he kissed your cheek. You stopped walking and looked at him shocked.

He rubbed the back of his neck and said, “Every time you call me Young Master I’m going to kiss you.”

You touched your cheek and started running for him, “KAI!”

He laughed and ran faster. “You’re going to have to run faster than that to catch me Dasom!”

 

“What do you want to eat?” Kai asked. You looked at the small menu and pointed at the cheesecake.

He smiled and said, “Kay wait a minute.” You sat down on the cute antique chair and placed your hands on the vintage table. You got warm and took off your coat, as you did that you saw scratches on your arm.

*Soyu…* You looked out the window and took a deep breath, *Is this it for us? She was my best friend since childhood, she was like my sister and…* You shook away the tears, *Sehun…I guess that was all a lie?*

“Here you go princess.” Kai said as he placed down the cheesecake.

You looked at him and smiled, “Thank you Kai, it means a lot.”

“I mean it’s just a cheesecake Dasom-“He replied.

You shook your head and said, “Not that…I mean thanks for being there for me when I needed someone.”

He smiled and got of his seat and sat down next to you, “I told you Dasom I’ll always be there for you even if you don’t want me there.”

You smiled and took a bite of your cheesecake, “Mhmm its good.” You took another piece and placed it in front of Kai’s lips, “Try it…its sweet…” You watched him hesitate but then he gave in and ate the piece you were offering him, *It is sweet Kai…just like you…*

He smiled and said, “It is sweet.”

“So this is your favorite place to eat?” You said looking out the window.

He nodded, “Mhm…I get to clear my head here and spend my nights here if I feel overwhelmed.”

You looked at him and said, “You sleep here?”

He chuckled and replied, “Sometimes I sleep in my car in the parking lot or in here…this place is also like an inn.”

“So do all Young Masters come here?” You joked.

He frowned and just as he puckered his lips you shoved cheesecake at them, “It’s sweeter.” You laughed.

 

Sehun was sitting outside on his porch and looking at his cellphone. *Dasom where are you-*

 Suddenly headlights were seen. *Who is that at this time…* Sehun stood up and saw Kai opening the door for you.

 “Dasom?” He said a bit shocked, he was about to walk up to you but stopped when he saw Kai kiss your cheek.

“Thanks for today Kai.” You said as he opened the door for you.

“You’re welcome princess.” He replied and smiled.

You laughed and said, “I had a good time with Young Master-Oh no! That was by mistake-“You yelped when Kai ran for you.

“That doesn’t matter Dasom!” He said and grabbed you.

“I swear Kai!” You yelled as Kai kissed you on the cheek and both of you laughed. “How long are you going to keep this up Kai?” You asked.

He laughed and said, “Then stop calling me Young Master and you’ll get your wish.”

You shook your head and said, “Never. Young Master Kai!”

He ran for you and grabbed your waist tightly, and just as he was about to kiss your cheek again a fist came plunging into his face. 

~o~o~o~

So Team Kai or Team Sehun?