Chapter 16

The Boy Next Door

 

“Do you get it yet?” You said as you explained the algebraic equation to Sehun for the 5th time. *How can he not get it? I mean it’s so simple! He’s probably daydreaming…argh!* You looked at Sehun who was blankly looking at you. His stare was intense and you couldn’t tell why he was looking at you like that.

*Legs…fine….hair…smooth….eyes…brown….lips…*Sehun suddenly leaned in and you stopped breathing.

*What’s going o-* Your mind went blank when Sehun kissed your peachy lips.     

BOOM, fireworks exploded in your head. Every other nerve in your body went numb, you couldn’t think of anything but Sehun; the way he looked, the way he smelled, how his hair flipped in the wind, his eyes, and….his lips how soft and warm they felt.

Your first kiss…was now happening. All your life you dreamed about kissing Sehun and now this was it.

Sehun gently pushed away and looked into your eyes. “Dasom.” He spoke, way too kindly.

You couldn’t look him in the eyes or say anything. “Mhm…” You shuttered out.

You heard Sehun sigh and he reached for your face. He placed both of his hands around your face and lifted your face up so you could see his.

“Dasom answer me…” He said firmly as he looked into your eyes.

You pushed his hands off your face and softly said, “You didn’t ask a question for me to answer.”

He chuckled and placed his hands on your shoulders, “You always know what to say don’t you.”

You smiled and looked up at him, “Most of the times.”

He ruffled your hair and said, “Okay now how do I do this problem again?”

 

You were walking home from the supermarket happily and thinking about earlier today.

 *Sehun kissed me….Sehun kissed me? SEHUN KISSED ME!* You were smiling brightly and swinging the bag of banana milk and fresh custard bread back and forth. You had bought those for Sehun and you to eat tomorrow.

Suddenly, you bumped into someone and you fell on your knees. “Oww……” You winced in pain as your knees got scraped from the concrete road.

“Are you okay…” The voice you knew way to familiarly said, “Dasom?” He said as he stretched his hand out for you.

 You placed your hand in his and allowed him to pull you back up. You dusted the dirt off your cloths and looked up, “Thanks Kai.” You picked up the bag of yummies you had bought and checked to see if it was in good condition. To your luck the food wasn’t damaged at all. You sighed in relief and smiled. *Thank god.*

“Are you in a rush?” Kai asked, breaking you from your thoughts.

You looked at him and back at your phone for the time, “No…I’m not. Why?” You asked.

He smiled and grabbed your hand, “Great then you can come with me.” He said as he dragged you with him, “And I thought I had to eat alone.”

 

“Hold on let me get something.” Kai said as he got out of his seat and went somewhere.

You nodded and looked around. Kai brought you to a little café. The smell of coffee, lattes, baked goods, fresh bread and ice-cream filled the air. The place was cozy and smelled great.

“Here,” Kai said as he came back. You looked at him and he held a bandage in his hand, “Thought you would need one.”

You looked at him confused. He laughed and bent down to your knee. “Your knee is bleeding…” He said as he placed the bandage on your knee. “I’m sorry for that.” He finished as he sat back down in his seat.

“Ohh! It’s okay!” You said as you shook your head, “It really wasn’t your fault! I mean I should have looked where I was walking and-“

You stopped talking once you heard Kai laughing. You made a face and looked down. “Sorry…I talk too much.”

“No…” Kai said as he caught his breath, “It’s okay. You’re cute Dasom.”

 

“Stop.”

“Let me…”

“Soyu stop!” Sehun snarled as Soyu tried to take of his shirt.

Soyu pushed him back and yelled, “Why won’t you let me? Huh?”

He looked at her and said, “I don’t want to with you okay.”

She pushed him into the wall and replied, “Last time I thought you said you will with me next time huh?”

“And you went rushing around school telling everyone you slept with me didn’t you?” Sehun said as he looked at her, “Why would you say that. I did nothing with you. Nothing. Nothing at all.”

“Yeah you did!” Soyu yelled as she hit his chest. “We kissed, and left marks.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and replied, “No, you kissed me when I was passed out and left marks on me. That I had to cover-up.” When Sehun said that he immediately thought of you, *Damn it! What must have Dasom thought when-*

Soyu suddenly smacked her lips onto Sehun. “So-“ Sehun said as he tried to push her gently but it didn’t work, so he pushed her really hard and she fell onto the ground. He wiped the kiss off his lips and yelled, “Soyu! When I said we can be close I didn’t mean like this.”

“Sehun!” Soyu cried out. “Sehun!”

Sehun ignored her and walked over to the door, just as he touched the door-knob, Soyu yelled, “Ina’s doesn’t even exist!”

Sehun stopped but then twisted the door-knob open and before he left he said, “Ina isn’t the girl on my mind.” *What does she mean when she said she doesn’t even-never mind she’s crazy.* He shook it out of his head and left the room, leaving poor Soyu by herself.

 

“Thanks for eating with me today.” Kai said as he walked you to the front steps of your house.

You nodded and replied, “No problem Kai-“

Kai interrupted you and said, “Oppa. You know I am older than you right?”

You nodded lightly and said, “Kai oppa thanks for today.”

He smiled and said, “Welcome. Luckily I ran into you or else I would have to eat alone.”

You looked at him when he said, “Sehun was supposed to eat with me but ditched me for Soyu.”

“Soyu?” You said shocked, “Sehun was with Soyu today?”

Kai looked at you and nodded, “Yeah that’s what he told me.” He laughed and scratched the back of his neck, “That girl Soyu is crazy about him.”

 

As soon as Kai left you ran up to your bedroom. You placed the bag of custard bread and banana milk on your dresser and looked at it. *I bought that for us…and you were with Soyu…when…when I was thinking about you all day…* You wiped the tears from your eyes and whispered to yourself, “So it was just a kiss with no meaning I guess…”

~o~o~o~

OMFG! No this isn't the soon to come ...that will appear in the near future~~

Meanwhile ENJOY THESE.....