Chapter 44

The Boy Next Door

“I really really like you!” Soyu screamed. She waited a moment and another. No reply. She finally opened her eyes a bit to see Sehun. He was standing in front of her with a blank stare. She gulped, *Why did I say that…*

Sehun looked at her with a smirk. His eyes were blazing and he was growing dark. “Guess what?” Sehun said rudely, he leaned closer to her face and blew air on it.

As his face was inches away from hers, she pulled it closer to hers. Her lips met his lips, and Sehun’s eye enlarged. He had never hit a girl but he had mentally killed Soyu already.

 

“Sehun…” A mummer was heard in the background.

Suddenly, Sehun pushed Soyu away and turned around. Time seemed to freeze as his eyes met with yours. A tear escaped your eye but you quickly wiped it away.

“Dasom…” He responded and took a step forward.

“Sorry…I interrupted…” You said looking at Soyu and Sehun, with those tears docked around the rims of your eyes.

Sehun could not even think straight at this time, *No! It’s not what you think!* He wanted to scream that but those words did not come out, “Why-how…you were in the hospital?”

You nodded and said, “Ohh…but I wanted to come home…I just came to tell you that,” You looked at Soyu again and continued, “I feel stupid now though…I shouldn’t have come, sorry for taking your time.”

Before you could turn around Sehun yelled, “Wait!”

He came running to you and grabbed your hand, “Come.”

You looked at him and back at Soyu, “But I-“

“Dasom.” He said firmly taking in a breath, “Just give me five minutes please.”

You shook your head vigorously and took his hand off of yours, “No…I’m …I don’t have five minutes…” You looked at him in the eyes and continued, “For you.”

With that you walked away.

 

You sunk down onto your bedroom floor and leaned against the wall, and bawled. You tried to hold it in but you couldn’t, you wanted to be content with the results but it was not turning out that way. You didn’t care anymore and let yourself go.

 

It seemed like hours and you were still seated on the floor lifeless. No tears escaped, they were all dried up now. With much difficulty you got your body up and moved to the bed. You engulfed yourself with blankets and tried to fall into a deep slumber, but it was impossible. You could not sleep, every time you closed your eyes you saw his face. Moments of both of you smiling and laughing…swamped your mind.

 

Sehun was looking out his window and when he saw the light in your room turn off, he too turned his off. He felt numb, no emotion overcame him. Not a single tear fell, not a single laugh escaped. Nothing. He felt as if he just lost the biggest war of his life, no…he did lose the biggest war of his life.

 

-1 week later-

You were opening your locker, as things couldn’t get any better all your books fell out of your hand, all the makeup work flying out. You sighed as you bent down to pick up the papers, missing school was your worst regret but at least this work will keep you occupied you thought.

A familiar hand appeared and started to help you pick up the papers. You stood up and so did he.

“Here.” Sehun said as he gave you the papers.

You took the papers and placed them into your locker.

“Dasom…welcome back.” He said as you closed your locker.

You looked at him and gave a sarcastic laugh, “What’s wrong with you?” You spoke sharply.

Not giving him a chance to speak you gently pushed his chest, “You can’t just walk into me again acting like nothing happened, I’m not going to lie to you but you’re making moving on really difficult when you keep appearing in front of me, it’s suffocating.”

He grabbed your hand and replied, with much thought, “Then don’t…don’t move on, huh?”

You rolled your eyes and pulled your hand out of his grasp, it felt like a familiar action to you now, “I’m not trying anymore…and I’m not going back to us.” You looked at him and smiled, “It’s just how it has to be.”

He reached out for you but you shook your head and walked ahead, “Goodbye Sehun.”

 

“DASOM!” Miyu screamed and pulled you into a tight embrace as you walked into the lunchroom.

“Ah!” Not too loud, you pointed to your head Band-Aid, “Headaches.” Miyu smiled and nodded.    

“Sorry!” She said but loud again, “Sorry.” She said quieter this time, “I’m just glad to see you again.”

You smiled and opened your lunch, “Let’s eat.” You said, “I’m starving.”

“I’m going to go buy my lunch then.” She said, and you nodded.

“Hurry.” You said and she smiled before going into line.

You picked up your sandwich and just as you were about to take a bite someone took it out of your hand.

“Yah!” You said but looked up to see Kai winking at you. “What Young Master can’t buy his own lunch?” You asked mockingly.

Just as you finished Kai kissed your cheek, “You called me Young Master remember?”

You flushed and looked around, “Stop! At least not in front of everyone…” You hid your head in embarrassment.

While you and Kai conversed, Sehun noticed it all; it killed him to see Kai doing that to you. He knew you had no interest in Kai like that but he also knew Kai had interest in you.

~o~o~o~

So much has happened, sorry for not updating in forever but I'm back now and here to stay :D

As this story is coming to a closing, soon, I am starting my new one! Please check it out and subscribe!

Joan Of Arc <-- CLICK!!!!