Chapter 9

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

A/N: Almost 200 subscribers! Amazing!
As a thank you, a long chapter is waiting for you! :)

 


***

 

 

”Troublemaker, how much are you investing?” Zico approached you and the others.

“Shut up Zico,” your eyes followed his cap full of money.

“Well, it wasn’t me who kicked the out of Gyuri,” he shrugged.

“Well, it wasn’t me who invited that to the party,” you mimicked him, “If you didn’t..” you stopped talking and tilted your head to the side. “You know what? Forget it. How much do I have to invest?” you asked instead.

You just didn’t want to waste time discussing about someone who isn’t worth your time.

“How much you want. As long as you do it.”

You saw the others throw some money into the cap and you did the same.

“Thank you, thank you,” Zico bowed twice and walked away.

“Tsk, idiot,” commented Amber after he left, “Did you know that everyone in here has to invest some money except Zico?”

“Well, it’s he who plans all of this so…” defended Luna. “..yeah. I don’t think he has to.”

“Are you defending him?!” Amber turned to Luna with a shocked expression.

“Girls, stop it,” JR, who just arrived, put his arm between the two of them, “Now, who of you is going to skate today?”

“I think I will. Need to get back on Bang,” informed JB determined.

“Bang?” it’s the first time you hear that name.

“Yeah, Bang Yongguk?” he looked down at you, “He is my main victim.”

Bang? Isn’t his mother’s family name Kwon?

“Oh, okay,” you were confused but didn’t bother to ask him to explain to you.

“How about you?” asked JB.

“I don’t know. There isn’t anyone who is good enough,” you gave JB an evil smile.

“Oh, I’m sorry miss I-am-the-best-skater-in-the-world,” he put his hands on his heart, pretending to be really sorry for insulting you in any way.

“That’s right ,” you just played along.

You and JB laughed and he hit you slightly on the shoulder. The skatepark was filled with people who were everywhere. The sun had just set down and the once clear, light blue sky turned to a dark blue sea filled with stars. The lights in the park went on which was a sign for the competition to begin. JR and Luna skated away to some others while you, JB and Amber were just standing there.

“Jin Ah,” you heard a female voice behind you. Both you and JB turned around and you saw Gyuri’s friend standing there, crossing her arms, “Gyuri wants to challenge you.”

You looked at JB and Amber and back at the strange eyed friend again, “Excuse me?”

“She said she wants to beat you tonight,” she informed.

“Gyuri wants to beat…me?” you pointed to yourself before letting out a whole hearted laugh.

“Why didn’t she come by herself, Hara?” JB asked Gyuri’s friend, who’s named was apparently Hara.

“She didn’t want to waste time arguing and send me to inform you instead,” she said and turned around to go.

What is this kind of attitude?
You were pissed of at Gyuri and her little actions. It really bothered you and you couldn’t stand how she thought that she was some kind of queen here. You smirked before dropping your skateboard onto the floor.

“Well, tell that little that I don’t do second hand dealings,” you said while giving Hara one of your best -looks, “If she wants a challenge, tell her to challenge me herself.”

You turned to face Amber and nodded once,“Let’s go”

Hara sighed dramatically and walked away. Amber glanced over your skateboard and spotted the crack in the middle of the plank. She made a face and bent down to pick the skateboard up, “What is this?”

“Nothing. It cracked the night I fell of the ramp but it’s okay. It’s not so dangerous,” you snatched your skateboard from Amber’s grip.

“Of course it's dangerous,” said JB and walked up to you to take a look, “I don’t think you can do tricks on that. Let me see.”

“No! I said it’s okay,” you refused and backed away, “Come on now,” you started walking towards the crowd. JB and Amber just shrugged and went after you.


 

***



“And you are out baby!” Zico shouted to the girl who just got owned by some random guy, “Maybe next time honey,” he winked to her.

The girl showed him her middle finger which made the crowd go crazy.
There were battles all over the place and skaters owned each other. The money flew in so the evening was pretty successful. Amber walked away to find Luna because she somehow ended up having her skateboard. JB skated against different people before going on to Yongguk. You were just standing there and trying to figure out how the others worked and who was good at skating.

“I bet you are cheering for me tonight, right redhead?” the very familiar husky voice said behind you.

You just rolled your eyes and tried to ignore him. Yongguk skated up to you and you could suddenly feel his arm on your lower back, “We shouldn’t be like that now, should we?”

You hit his arm off of you and took a step away from him, “Get lost.”

“Hyung! Noona!” Zelo ran up to the two of you and you saw Zelo give Yongguk a special, teasing look before turning to you. “Isn’t there anyone you want to challenge? Don’t you want to win the money?” he asked.

“Not really.”

“Oh come on noona! I heard that Zico raised a good amount of money,” Zelo rubbed his palms in excitement.

“Maybe next time.”

“Yeah, Zelo. Leave her alone. If she is a chicken and doesn’t dare, then you shouldn’t be pressing her,” said Yongguk in a sarcastic way.

Right now, you really couldn’t stand being near that guy. You jumped on your skateboard and put on your facemask before turning to Zelo, “See you…sometime,” and with that, you skated off.

As you were skating around, you spotted Gyuri at one of the ramps, following you with her eyes. She mentioned to you, with her fingers, to come over. You don’t like taking orders from others and stopped in your track, just to cross your arms and wait for her to come over instead. Pretty unnecessary, but that’s how you are.

She got the hint and rolled her eyes. Gyuri walked towards you and stood right in front of you with her hand on her hips.

“Really now?” she asked annoyed.

“Yes ,” you answered coldly.

“Liten now... I don’t have time for your little games s-“

“Neither do I,” you interrupted her.

She widened her eyes in shock and put her right hand up, “Did you just interrupt me?”

“Come to the point, Gyuri. Jeez.”

“I want to challenge you. I want to beat you in front of everyone!” she scanned 
with her eyes through the crowd.

“Challenge me? Sure. Beat me? Don’t think so,” you answered confidently.

She ignored your second answer and continued with her challenge, “If I win, leave Yongguk alone. He is mine.”

At that, you didn’t know if you wanted to cry or laugh, “It would be my pleasure to leave him alone. But if I win, let’s just say… get out of my way. Got it?”

You didn’t even wait for her answer and skated away to one of the ramps. Gyuri followed you and the two of you started skating up and down, doing small tricks at the cope. The tricks became more and more advanced for each turn you did. People started gathering around your ramp and Zico was there too.

Gyuri wasn’t even that good as you expected. You grew tired of her and wanted to get rid of her so you decided to do your favourite bert-slide. The one that needs good balance.

“Let’s see if you can do this princess!” you shouted from your side before slowing down your speed and slowly bending down. You placed your hand on the floor and quickly spoon yourself 180 degrees and after that you let yourself roll down.

Gyuri laughed and started doing the same, but did the same mistake that Yongguk did last time. She didn’t spoon properly and lost her balance. You could see on her face that she was pretty pissed.

“Oh Gyuri baby, you got owned!” shouted Zico, “Our little princess didn’t make it this time. What. A. Shame.” Zico overreacted.

You walked closer to Gyuri so you were now standing in front of her. You removed your facemask from your mouth before speaking.

“Hope you learned a lesson. Stay away from me,” this was the last thing you said to her before skating away, leaving everyone around Gyuri who was still on the ground. Being the drama queen she is.

“Jin Ah!” Zico shouted after you.

 

You turned around and waited for him to speak. He ran up to you and pointed to the other ramps, “Don’t forget that you are in now. After challenging or getting challenged once, you have to skate to the end,” he explained, “Make sure you beat some more asses and the money is yours,” he winked.

“What happens if I don’t want to?”

“Let’s say, a punishment is waiting for you. And that is nothing to look forward," he grinned.

“Bull.”

You turned around and skated away. Leaving Zico behind you.

 

 

***

 


It was pretty late and the competition wasn’t over yet. You have skated around the whole time, watching different challenges. One after another was out of the game and it seemed that there wasn’t so many left. You actually liked this whole thing. It was interesting and fun, except from the human beings you couldn’t stand, but hey... that is life.

“Jin Ah!” you turned around and saw Amber approaching you with her skateboard.

“What’s up?”

“Follow me. You have to see this!” she dragged you by your arm.

“What is it?” you said while skating behind Amber, coming closer to a huge crowd. It was ten times bigger than the ones you were in, when you watched the challenges.

Before Amber could answer your question, you got the answer just by seeing the situation in front of you. JB and Yongguk were standing in front of each other and the atmosphere was tense.  Everyone watched carefully.

Amber and you picked your skateboard up and walked into the crowd. A little closer to the front.

“Who do you think will win today?” you heard a girl ask someone beside her.

“Yongguk for sure. I mean, he is Yongguk after all,” the guy said.

You rolled your eyes at his comment and looked back at the boys standing in front of each other. Suddenly someone pushed you forward, out from the crowd. You widened your eyes and looked behind you before seeing Zico. He grinned at you and mentioned with his hand to go join JB and Yongguk.

“Come on sweetheart!”

“What? No!” you glanced over to Amber and saw a ‘you have to’.

“Just do it,” said Zico and took a few steps forward, “Is everyone ready?” he shouted to the crowd.

They started cheering, so you just gave up. You took a deep breath and turned around. Zelo and Daehyun run up to you to give you a good luck hug.

“I don’t need that,” you laughed and hit them in their shoulder.

“Oh well. At least we got a hug,” Daehyun winked.

You gave him a look before laughing. “I’m going to kill you one day.”

“Don’t hurt yourself again, noona!” Zelo warned with his index finger near your nose.

“Put that finger away before I bite you.”

“Okay okay,” he laughed, “See you later noona!” and with that, he and Daehyun run back to the crowd.


You approached JB and Yongguk, and both of them gave you a confused look.

“What are you doing?” asked JB and Yongguk at the same time.

“Don’t ask and let’s get over with it,” you walked past them and towards the skating are.

 

 

***

 

After half an hour later, the three of you were still competing. You were good and no one wanted to loose. As you were competing, the only thought that was on your mind was beating Yongguk. You skated around, from ramp to ramp and from one ledge to another. The tricks became more and more difficult so it didn’t really help you to beat Yongguk. Suddenly, an idea popped into your mind. Why not use his weapon on him? The mirror.

You didn’t want to wait any longer and decided to deal with him here and now.
“Ayo, jackass!” you shouted after him, “Do a double laser flip!”

“Sure baby,” he winked.

You rolled your eyes and began performing the trick which he mirrored right away. Just as he wanted to turn around with the skateboard you caught him of guard because you were too close to him. You landed on the cope which made him lose his balance and fall off the ramp the same way you did last time.

“Oh, daebak noona!” Zelo shouted.

“Oppa!” Gyuri screamed after Yongguk.


You smirked and looked at JB, who looked more impressed than shocked. He did a thumps up and gave you one of his breathtaking eye smiles.

“You have to be kidding with me!” you heard Yongguk shout at you from the ground. You looked down and this time, it was you who winked at him.

“One down, one to go,” you smiled at JB.

 

 

***

 



“You were still good,” JB put his arm on your lower back as everyone walked home.

You shook his arm off before speaking, “You have to stop doing that,” you said coldly.

“What?”

“That,” you pointed between his arm and your lower back.

“Okay, I’m sorry.”

You shook your head, “Well, I didn’t even want to beat you tonight. Yongguk was my main victim,” you used JB’s sentence from before.

JB won the whole competition and Yongguk wasn’t so glad. Unfortunately, you lost your balance when you were sliding through a ledge; you jumped to early which made your skateboard’s crack burst even more. Now it was really broken and you had to fix it.

“You should come by tomorrow so I can help you fix that crack,” offered JB as he looked at your skateboard in your hands.

“No it’s okay.”

“Why not?” asked Amber, “Did you know that JR’s dad owns a skateboard shop? He fixes skateboards too,” added Amber.

“Really?” you turned to JB.

“Yes. I’m there to help sometimes. JR works there when he has time,” explained JB.

While the three of you walked home, JB gave you the directions to the shop. You talked about today and later everyone said their goodbye before heading home.

 

 

***

 

 

The next morning, you headed to JR’s skateboard shop. You took both of your broken skateboards. As you left your house and was about to turn to the right, you saw Yongguk help his mother with the garbage in front of his house. He met eyes with yours and you gave him a dirty look. You could tell that he was curious about where you were going so early with two skateboards, but you didn’t care and walked away.

After a couple of minutes of walk, you were standing in front of the shop. You saw through the window that JB was standing by the cashier counter and JR beside some skateboards. You smiled and entered the shop.

“Jin Ah!” JR shouted when he saw you, “What are you doing here?” he smiled.

“Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that Jin Ah would come today,” said JB and smiled weekly at JR.

“Yeah, sorry to disturb you guys but I need some help with those,” you pointed to the skateboards under your right arm.

“It’s okay!” JR run up to you and took the skateboards, “We will see what we can do,” he smiled and walked towards the cashier counter.

“Thanks.”

You walked up to the cashier counter and leaned on it. The door behind you opened and what you heard next, made you shiver.

“Jinyoung-ah. Where are the keys?!” you turned around and saw Gyuri approaching the cashier counter. She froze in her spot and so did you.

“I think in mom’s bag,” said JR behind you. “Why?”

“What are you doing here?” Gyuri asked you, totally ignoring JR.

“Gyuri just go,” JB said to her with a serious face expression.

She rolled her eyes and gave you a y look before walking past the counter into the room behind JR. You looked between JB and JR, waiting for an explanation but none of them spoke.

“Do I really need to ask the question?” you asked coldly.

“No,” said JR quietly. He paused a few seconds before speaking again, “She is my sister.”