Chapter 17

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

 

***

 


After your mother took care of the injury and you got a very very long lecture, you were finally free. But that free wasn’t as free as you hoped. You got curfew. You were sitting in your room all day, texting Amber and JB. You informed them that you wouldn’t come to the skate park today.

A whole day in your room during summer is a pretty good punishment. This punishment literally drove you crazy. You were so bored that at one point, even the internet and your phone were boring and the counting of your hair strands were more amusing than that.

You argued with your parents all day but that didn’t help so you were stuck at home. As bored as it was, the day finally came to an end and it was time to sleep. You lay on your bed but couldn’t bring yourself to sleep. You had to get out. Thoughts about yesterday's events invaded your mind again and you remembered that pretty moment where you fell of the ramp. You felt so dumb that you literally face palmed yourself. You grew angry and came to the idea that you had to take care of this issue. An issue that couldn’t wait. You had to do it now. The pain on your leg wasn't as strong anymore so there wasn’t anything that prevented you from going to the skatepark.

You jumped off of your bed and walked to the shelf where your caps and your face mask were lying. You didn’t bother to change clothes because it was night so nobody would be at the park. You took your skateboard and headed to your window. Going through the door was a big no right now, so you had to sneak out. You turned the lights off and opened the window where you could feel the fresh night air.

Let’s do this.



Yongguk’s P.O.V

I slept away the whole day and was just lazing around. The guys called me out but I didn’t felt like leaving the house today so I stayed at home and watched some movies. Some girls texted me to come over to their place but if my friends gets a no then they are the last thing that I have strength to deal with. I went to the balcony where I watched the sunset. I stayed there for a while and my mind went back to that incredibly beautiful smile Jin Ah gave me yesterday. I knew that she was just playing with me and I knew what she wanted from that but I still couldn’t help to loose control after that.

I glanced over at her house and saw that someone turned off the lights in a room. Suddenly someone opened the window on the first floor and I couldn’t believe my eyes. It was Jin Ah with her mask and skateboard. She was sneaking out. The curiosity got the best out of me and I had to see what she was up to. I ran back to my room and took my cap and skateboard before leaving the house.

She skated slowly so I decided to walk after her. With my hands in my pocked and my skateboard under my arm, I walked slowly a couple of metres behind Jin Ah. She had her head down and the usually confident Jin Ah was now someone totally different. Somehow I felt pity for her and wanted to hug her right here and right now. After realizing where my thoughts were going, I stopped in my track and widened my eyes.

What the am I thinking?!

I shook my head once. Get yourself together Yongguk. But I still wanted to know what she was up to so I continued on walking. After a couple of minutes we reached the skate park. The park was pretty much empty beside from a couple who made out in a corner. They glanced towards me and widened their eyes from the sight of me following Jin Ah. I dragged my thumb over my neck to show them to shut up and don’t tell anybody about this otherwise I’ll make sure they have a nice time in hell. The guy just nodded and turned to the girl again.

I saw Jin Ah skate towards the ramps we were standing on twenty-four hours ago. She jumped off of the skateboard, placed it under her arm and climbed on one of the higher ramps. What the hell is she doing?



Your P.O.V

You had to overcome your fear. You just had to do that. You were alone now so even if you fail a couple of times and fall of the ramp, nobody will be there to witness that so you didn’t care. You skated up to one of the higher ramps and climbed on it. You placed your skateboard to the side because you needed to study the ramp a bit. You walked over to the edge and looked down. And once again you regret doing that because that spinning feeling you felt yesterday was back. You backed from the edge and took a deep breath. You turned around to take your skateboard but were instead welcomed by a figure standing beside it. You widened your eyes and took a step back.

“What are you doing here?” he asked out of nowhere.

“The question is, what are you doing here?” you asked back.

“Answer my question please,” he commanded coldly.

You arched your eyebrow at this because he was seriously thinking that he could command over you, “You have to be kidding with me?”

“Quite the opposite.”

“Well, go to hell then,” you said and took your skateboard and walked to the edge.

Suddenly you felt something drag your hood. You stumbled back and fell into Yongguk’s arms. You looked up and saw him looking down at you, with an expressionless look on his face. The same moment that happened yesterday after you fell of the ramp, was happening right now. You grew tired of his behavior and pulled away from him.

“Seriously now, what the hell do you want from me?! Leave me alone,” you spat out annoyed.

He looked at you and then down the ramp, “If you want to overcome your fear, which I assume you’re doing, then you are doing it wrong,” he said instead.

From this sudden statment, you chocked on your own spit before shaking your head slightly and putting your mask over your mouth, “That is none of your business,” you stated and with that you took your skateboard and walked to the edge again.

As afraid as you were, you still had to prove Yongguk that he couldn’t command over you and teach you what is wrong and what is right. Once again you felt him drag you by your hood and this time you were prepared and didn’t stumble, but instead turned around at took off your mask.

“What is wrong with you?!” you were so pissed at him that you said that sentence in English, which came automatically. “Leave. Me. Alone.,” you said through your teeth while pushing him back for each word.

His eyes turned from expressionless to eyes full of lust. At that, you widened yours.
“No mister,” was everything you said while still looking at his eyes.

“Let me help you,” he offered out of nowhere.

“What?”

“Let me help you,” he repeated the same sentence.

“I heard that, idiot. Why would you do that?”

“Because you obviously don’t know how to do that and I’m pretty sure you don’t want to end up in a wheelchair.”

“No. I don’t need your help,” you turned down his offer coldly.

“See this as a thank you for helping my mom the other day."

“I helped her because I wanted to.”

“Still. Let me help you just once. We can keep this a secret. I promise,” he stretched his arm and held his little finger out.

You looked at the finger in front of you and back at him. You arched an eyebrow and couldn’t believe what was happening now.

“Come on,” he sighed and you could tell that even he grew tired of this.

You looked away from him for a second and closed your eyes. Maybe you will regret this later but you still had to solve this problem of yours. And if Yongguk was the only way out, then you had to take the chance. You put your little finger up and linked with his.

“You are dead if someone finds out about this,” you were still looking away.

“Okay,” he said and smiled.

You looked at him and couldn’t stop but wonder why such a flawless human being existed. And you’re speaking about the look. The personality made you throw up by just thinking of it.

“Come on,” he took your skateboard and walked over to the edge.

You followed him and stood behind him.
“Why are you standing there, come here,” he dragged you so you were standing in front of him with your back facing him.

“First rule, never bend over the cope,” he said and held his arm out in front of you to show you where the limit is of how near you should stand.

His arm was right in front of your face and your back touched his body. You could feel his body heat and it was somehow comforting in this fresh night breeze.

“Second rule, relax,” he gripped your shoulders and shook you slightly.

You just nodded and didn’t say a thing. Instead you enjoyed his calm voice because that isn’t something you usually hear.

“Third rule, bend down in the right way to get control of your balance,” he pushed you down slightly but your body was still stiff, especially from the sight in front of you.

You closed your eyes while still being in the position Yongguk explained. You waited a second for him to continue but he didn’t. You opened your eyes and saw him standing right in front of you while bending down to your eyes level. You were startled from the sight and widened your eyes.

“You’re doing it wrong,” he laughed through his nose and informed, “You need to listen to me,” his voice turned serious.

“Okay, chill.”

“Relax,” he said and walked back to his original position.

This time he pushed your body down and held his arm over your shoulder. “Like this,” he explained.

You just nodded and you could feel your heart beating faster and faster. One, because of the height and two, because of Yongguk’s nearness.

“Now, listen carefully,” he said and let go of you, “The ride down will be very difficult because of the change in speed and your body weight being a bit to much for your legs,” he continued on explaining in a serious tone “I need you to hold your legs steady and bow them after the ramp. If you don’t do that, you’ll fail.”

“I can’t,” after hearing his explanation you hesitated about this whole thing.

“Really? I’m fine with winning over you all the time,” he shrugged and took a step back, “You seem to like losing against me,” he smirked and the cocky Yongguk came out again.

You rolled your eyes and took a deep breath, “Okay. Fine.”


He smiled in victory and nodded towards you, mentioning for you to go ahead.

You looked up towards the sky, praying to God for his help, and turned your attention to the ramp again. You followed Yongguk’s instructions and slowly let your body roll down the ramp. Unfortunately, your legs couldn’t bare the pressure and your head spun from the highness so you lost balance once again and fell off of the ramp. You shouted out in anger and pulled your cap all the way over your face.

“Stop crying and try again,” Yongguk said coldly after seeing that your fall wasn’t so serious.

He was right; you had to try it out more than once. You couldn’t give up so easily.

You took your skateboard, pulled your cap back and climbed onto the ramp again.
“Go ahead,” he said in English and nodded towards the edge.

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

After a couple of hours of trying, struggling, failing and even laughter, your body grew tired. You had to rest and you needed sleep. The sun was going up, reminding you that it was really early in the morning. You didn’t really have gotten over your phobia because that isn’t easy but you definitely tried, which is a huge step in the process of coming over your fear.

The walk home was silent because both you and Yongguk knew that tomorrow was a normal day where the two of you will be cocky towards each other and tonight’s event will never been spoken about. You came closer to your house, which meant that Yongguk needed to cross the street.

“Thanks-,” you mumbled and he just put his hand up to prevent you from thanking him further.

A nod towards you was everything before he crossed the empty street and walked into his house. You looked up to the beautiful red sky before going back to your room through your window. When you closed the window you tried to be as quite as possible because it was Monday morning and your parents were about to wake up soon and you didn’t want to get busted.

You took off your mask and your cap and left it on the shelf. Suddenly, a knock was heard in your room. You froze in your spot out of fear that maybe that could be your parents. You were silent for a minute, trying to hear anything from the hallway but there wasn’t anything. You arched an eyebrow and looked around the room when something yellow, in the corner of the window, caught your attention.

You walked over and moved the curtains to the side to take a better look at that yellow thing. It was then that you recognized that it was a note. You opened the window and took the note out of the frame. You looked at the note and saw that there was a number on it. With furrowed eyebrows, you watched the piece of paper in your hands and couldn't help but wonder what it was. Under the number, someone drew an arrow that pointed to the backside. You turned the note around and read what it said.

For more secret moments.

You looked immediately towards Yongguk’s house and saw someone closing the door right in time. You shook your head and closed the window yourself.