Chapter 10

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

 

”She is your what?!”

JR avoided your eyes and concentrated instead on the skateboard’s crack. You looked at him in disbelief and turned to JB.

“She is his what?” you lowered your voice.

“The one and only Park siblings,” JB said instead.

“Unbelievable,” you whispered, “But… how? I mean, he..” you pointed to JR “..and that…?” you pointed to room that Gyuri was inside, “Why didn’t you tell me before?” you asked.

“I never got the chance. Besides, you hate her so much, I was actually afraid of telling you… I’m sorry.”

You rubbed your temples and shook your head. That girl is really something. You heard footsteps coming from the room behind JR, approaching you. Gyuri walked out with some keys in her hand and a bag on her shoulder.

“Expect the unexpected,” said Gyuri as she walked past you.

“Go to hell Gyuri,” you said without looking at her.

 

 

***

 


The whole morning and noon was spend fixing the skateboards, hanging out in the shop, looking at different skateboard designs and them telling you the whole story about JR and Gyuri being siblings who can’t stand each other.

“So you two ignore each others' existence when you are in the park?” you summarized everything.

“Pretty much,” JR nodded and lifted one of your skateboards up from the counter, “Here you go.”

He managed to fix the one that broke during your move but the one that broke yesterday needed some more time.

“We will try to fix this one soon,” JB put aside the skateboard.

“Okay. Thanks guys,” you took the one that JR fixed and placed it under you arm, “Ehm, I guess I’ll go now.”

“No!” JB shouted out of nowhere, “I mean... you can stay if you want... It’s okay.”

“Yeah. You can hang out with us here,” added JR. Right then, the entrance door opened and a couple came in.

“What's up?” said the guy and headed with his girlfriend to some of the skateboards in the corner.

“I’ll be right back,” JR walked immediately over to them, “Can I help you?” you heard him ask the couple.

You turned to JB and shook your head, “Maybe next time. You are still busy.”

JB’s face fell but he just shrugged, “Alright.”

“See you,” you smiled.

“Bye.”

You walked towards the door and shouted a ‘bye JR’. He waved once while still talking to the couple. And with that, you left the shop.


 

 

Yongguk’s P.O.V

“Sooo hot. I need an air conditioner right now,” Zelo whined as usually, “Hyung, why are we the only ones outside? Where are the others?” he and Daehyun exchanged looks.

Sure, the weather was really nice and the sun was burning our souls, but I still had to talk to them. And I couldn’t do that when Himchan, Younjae and Jongup are with me.

“Can we just go home?” asked Daehyun.

“No.”

“Why not? Hyung, are you trying to kill us or something!” Zelo kept on with his whining.

“No.”

“Then what is this walk all about?” Daehyun asked irritated which made me think about yesterday night after the competition.


---
“Zelo, after this go straight home, arraso?”

He shook his head and together with Daehyun, run after Jin Ah. I turned around and met eyes with three curious yet teasing pairs of eyes.

“What?”

“You’re not going to say something about what happened earlier?” Himchan nodded upwards.

“Don’t remind me. She… she was lucky,” I tried to keep calm but in the inside I was burning. How could she use my own weapon to beat me?

“Hyung, it was obvious that she used your weapon. I think everyone noticed that,” Youngjae said as matter-of-fact.

“Just shut u-“

“No rematch or what?” Jongup interrupted me.

“I don’t know!”

Actually there was something else I wanted more than the rematch. And I’m going to get it. Especially after today, I’ll do whatever it takes to get her in my bed. The moment I fell off of the ramp and met her eyes, her smirk wasn’t just an evil smirk. I could swear I saw lust after something in her eyes.

“You’re not going to let her go, right? You’re Bang Yongguk after all,” said Himchan as the four of us headed home.

“Of course not,” I looked at the three of them and smirked.

“. Did you see that smirk guys?!” Youngjae pointed at my face, “Did you see it?! He is planning something!”

I laughed through my nose and walked past them.

“Yah, Bang Yongguk!” Himchan shouted after me, “You’re not going to seduce her, are you?!”

I turned around and smiled my most angelic smile I had.

“Hyung, I don’t think you’ll succeed. She isn’t like the others,” Jongup approached me.

“Let’s just say. She will regret messing with me.”

“Take it as a yes, Himchan,” Youngjae turned to Himchan and patted his shoulder once.

---


I called Zelo and Daehyun and told them to meet me up so we can hang out and take a walk. But the main purpose of this walk is to push out whatever information the two of them had. They are friends with Jin Ah after all and with their help it would be easier for me to accomplish my plan.

“Can’t we just take a seat?” Daehyun pointed to a bench a little further away.

“Sure.”

“Well, you guys can walk, but I’m going to run to that beautiful bench,” and with that, Zelo sprinted towards the bench.

We were walking down a street with many shops. It was a little bit past noon so it was really hot outside. Suddenly I heard Zelo scream and apologize to someone. When I looked up I couldn’t believe my eyes.

 

“Noona?!” Zelo held Jin Ah by her shoulder.

Perfect timing…


Your P.O.V

One second you’re out of the shop and the next, you’re being almost knocked down by some giant.
You looked up while holding your skateboard with one hand and your head with the other. You widened your eyes when you realized who was standing in front of you.

“Noona, are you okay?!” Zelo was holding you by your shoulders. “I’m so sorry! I really didn’t mean to. I actually didn’t even s-“

You held up your right hand to interrupt him, “It’s okay.”

You looked past Zelo and saw Yongguk and Daehyun behind him. You took a deep breath and cursed under it. The last person you wanted to see right now, on this beautiful calm day, was Yongguk. As he and Daehyun were approaching you, you could see that Yongguk wasn’t pleased to see you either.

“Really? Good,” Zelo laughed nervously, “So.. what are you doing here noona?”

You looked back at Zelo and down at your skateboard, “Just fixed something. I’m on my way home now,” you slowly started walking to the right.

“Home?” Zelo walked beside you, “So you don’t have anything to do right?”

“Yeah,” you said before realizing why he asked, “I mean, I do have som-“

“Good! Then you can hang out with us,” he smiled widely.

“Ehm, maybe next time Zelo. I reall-“

“ Nope,” He interrupted you once again. “Too late. Now you’re going to hang out with us a little bit. It’s only me, Yongguk hyung and Daehyun.”

Damn it.

You looked behind you and saw that Yongguk and Daehyun where walking after you two. You rolled your eyes and looked at Zelo again. The truth is, you actually didn’t have anything to do so you were free all day long but you just couldn’t be with Yongguk right now. Zelo made the most adorable puppy eyes and faked a sob.

“That doesn’t work on me Zelo,” you gave him a death glare.

“Yah Zelo. Don’t waste your time on.. this,” Yongguk gestured with his hands around your area.

Just because of that comment and that human being, you decided to stay a bit with them. Just because you wanted to mock with this ridiculously hot jackass you decided to go with Zelo’s suggestion.

“Actually, I’ll just stay a bit and hang out with you guys,” you smiled towards Zelo and Daehyun.

The three of them were surprised in different ways.

“Nice~” Daehyun smiled and nodded with his head several times but his smile faded away when he turned around and looked at Yongguk’s face.

“Good!” shouted Zelo and took hold of your hand, “First of all, I need to take a rest on that beautiful bench over there. Come on!”

Zelo dragged you over to the bench and placed you beside him. Daehyun walked behind the two of you and took a seat too. Yongguk didn’t have any chance but to follow his dongsaengs, but he sat down on the sidewalk instead, right in front of you with his back facing you.

You, Zelo and Daehyun talked about yesterday’s events and ignored Yongguk. When Zelo sometimes tried to talk to him, he would just answer with one word or just nod or shake his head. You really enjoyed being with the two dorks and you realized once again that they are totally different from Yongguk. It was really hot outside to the point you wanted to throw yourself into the nearest fountain.

“I need something cold to drink,” said Daehyun after a while, “And I need it right now.”

“Yeah, me too. Hyung can’t you go and buy us something to drink?” Zelo asked the person who was sitting in front of you.

Yongguk just shook his head and pointed to the left, “The store is right over there. Help yourself,” he said coldly.

“It’s okay Zelo. Let’s go together,” Daehyun went up and started taking out some money from his pocket, “Do you want something to drink too, Jin Ah?”

To be honest you were actually thirsty and that is something you are all the time. Day or night, at home or outside, you are thirsty twenty-four-seven.

“Sure,” you smiled.

“Alright.”

Zelo and Daehyun walked away to the store nearby, leaving you and Yongguk alone. You just ignored his presence and looked around. It was a really quiet neighbourhood, which was nice. You looked down at your skateboard and smiled to yourself. It was a long time ago you skated on it; the last time you skated on this skateboard was two days before moving to Korea. You were with Hoya and his friends. Man, I really miss these idiots.. I miss home.

“Do you really like me so much?” your train of thoughts was interrupted by Yongguk.

“What?”
 
This time, he turned around while still sitting on the sidewalk. “Do you... really like me... so much?” he repeated his question with small breaks inbetween the words.

“What the ?” you eyed him, “What are you talking about?”

Yongguk went up and walked towards you. He sat down beside you, resting his arms on the backrest. He turned his gaze to you and the two of you looked at each other for a couple of seconds.

“You like me so much that you are willing to stay and hang out with us," he said that casually.

“Excuse me?”

“Yeah, just admit it.”

You couldn’t believe your ears. The whole idea of being with them was to mock with Yongguk but he totally got the wrong idea. What was even worst is that he had so much confidence while saying such a thing.

“Well, Mr. Everyone-likes-me, you are totally wrong,” you said coldly and moved away from him, closer to the edge. You looked away because you were really angry at him.

“I don’t think so. I can read your mind and it’s telling me that you want me so bad right now.”

You ignored him and just looked to the other side. You heard him chuckle and move closer to you. You froze when you felt his breath on your neck. Suddenly, you could feel a hand on your thigh and as a reflex you snatched it away and turned your head towards him, only to be welcomed by his face just inches away from yours. You were shocked but you would lie if you said that you didn’t like the nearness.

“Just…” he looked down at your mouth and back at your eyes. “..tell me if you want me. Everything would be much easier.”

You widened your eyes the same time as you made a grimace. “What?” you pushed him away and went up. “Yongguk, you are an idiot.”

Right then you saw Daehyun and Zelo walking towards you with cokes in their hands.

“A simple yes is all I need,” he said while going back to a normal sitting position.

“ off.”

You didn’t want to be there anymore and just wanted to go home. You felt one hundred different feels right at the moment and you were near to losing control over them. You walked away, meeting Zelo and Daehyun on the way.

“Noona where are you going?” Zelo widened his eyes, “Wait!” he tried to catch you but failed.

“Jin Ah!” Daehyun shouted after you.

“See you,” you said to the two guys and walked away.

Stupid idiot. You hated the fact that Yongguk had so much confidence. You hated the fact that he thought that you were just like the other girls he is used to have. At the same time, you couldn’t stop thinking of his ridiculously handsome face that was just inches away from yours. All you wanted right now was to go home and take a cold shower.

I’ll get back at you Yongguk. I haven’t forgotten about that.

 

 

***



Yongguk’s P.O.V

This will be harder than expected. Jin Ah is a really confident girl who has a lot of pride, so it’s hard to break that. Involving Zelo and Daehyun into my plan is too early.

I should think about something else right now. The two of them can be my last chance, as for now I need to think of another way.

After she left, Zelo and Daehyun were really shocked but I just ignored their question and pretended that I didn’t knew what happened. We went home not so long after Jin Ah left. I was sitting on my balcony, sunbathing and trying to find a solution. Think Yongguk think…

Suddenly I remembered that Himchan got the information about Jin Ah’s real name being Jin Ah and not Gina. The person who told him that must be someone close to Jin Ah and that someone could help me. I took my phone and dialled his number.

Hello?” answered a tired Himchan.

“Yah, Kim Himchan!” I half shouted.

What?

“I need some information from you.”

What information? Can’t we just take this later, I want to slee-“

“No! I need the information now,” I interrupted him.

Alright alright. What do you want to know?” he asked.

“Were did you get the information about Jin Ah’s real name from?”

Jin Ah’s real name?” he started laughing. “Yongguk, just give u-“

“Just give me the ing name of the person who told you!” I shouted, “Then you can go back to your sleep or whatever.”

Calm down man. Alright, Alright,” he took a deep breath, “She will kill me for this... but the person who gave me the information was…

It was silent for a couple of seconds, “Himchan?”

It was Luna.”