Chapter 39

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

***

 

The annoying sunrays that woke you up, the loud noises that could be heard from the street below, the fact that your trip is ending today. None of those things mattered anymore after last night’s events. The way you and Yongguk made love to each other wasn’t just out of need and satisfaction but out of love too. You have always wondered how your first time would be and even with whom but the morning after, you couldn’t feel better.

Just the fact that you managed to turn Yongguk into a guy in love brought your excited butterflies in your stomach back to life again. You couldn’t remember last time you felt so good like this morning. Well, apart from your bruises that ached between your thighs. The irritating sunrays that slowly brought you back to reality made you pull your blanket all over your head to block them away and try go back to dreamland again. Just minutes later that same blanket was pulled away from your head so you could see the face that made your heart skip a thousand of beats.

“Morning,” his husky morning voice whispered to you, “Slept well?”

You smiled weakly and nodded once before pulling the blanket back on. Yongguk dragged it away again and chuckled at your behavior.

“Nah-ah,” he shook his head while smiling widely, flashing his adorable gummy smile to you, “It’s time for breakfast. Himchan already knocked twice on my door to call me down to the restaurant.”

At Himchan’s name your eyes flew open in realization that he might have seen you half in Yongguk’s bed. You jumped up from the bed and looked at Yongguk horrified which made him laugh even more.

“No, he didn’t see you,” he said after he calmed down and got out of the bed to walk over to your side, “He knows that you are here but he didn’t see you. I promise,” he bend down and took a grip of your shoulders before pecking your lips once.

“He knows?” you gulped down some saliva that gathered in your mouth.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head, “What did you expect Jin Ah? We are a couple and it’s normal for couples like us to make love to each other. Even our friends knows that.”

You inhaled deeply once from the fact that he was right. The only problem was that you didn’t know how to tell Amber and Luna about it but you knew that you couldn’t wait too long. The earlier you tell them, the better it is for everyone’s sake.  

“He even left behind some fresh strawberries,” your eyes went back to your boyfriend who was standing right in front of you. Only now did you realize that he was in his boxers only and it felt really awkward to see him like that during daytime. You could feel your cheeks starting burning from embarrassment but couldn’t do anything about it because your attention was brought back to Yongguk again.

He captured your head with his hands and brought his face closer to you. He had a strawberry in his mouth and waited for you to take a bite. You chuckled and shook your head before doing as he wanted. Once the fresh and sweet ingredient entered your mouth, you moaned in pleasure. The strawberry tasted so good that you wanted more. It was sweet and refreshing at the same time.

“You are so hungry,” Yongguk said after hearing your moan, “Here take this package and get ready for the real breakfast,” he handed over a small box full of the sweet-smelling fruit and walked over to his bag to put some clothes on, “I need to go and meet my dad, but I will be waiting for you in the restaurant.”

You nodded your head while having your full attention on the box in front of you.

“By the way, you might want to cover those love bites on your neck before you leave the room,” he mocked and left his room, leaving a very shocked you behind.

Your eyes grew bigger and you froze in your spot with a strawberry in your hand halfway up towards your mouth.
Love bites?!

In just matter of seconds, you pushed everything away from you and jumped out of the bed and towards the room’s bathroom. Once your eyes landed on a mirror you furrowed your eyebrows and opened your mouth at the sight in front of you. Not one, not two but three huge love bites could be seen all over your neck.

“Holy .”

 

***

 


After a quick and painful shower you did the first best thing that popped into your head. You needed make up to cover the bites so you put a towel around your neck and then released your hair over the towel just in case. After that, you ran over to your original hotel room that you shared with Amber and Luna and started searching for anything useful. The room was clean and empty with only their bags on the beds. They must have left for breakfast…

You weren’t that type of girl who owned three different sorts of foundations. Heck you didn’t even own one sort. You knew that the same went for Amber too so Luna was your only way out of this mess. You walked over to her bag and started searching only to find nothing. Her make up purse wasn’t there.

“Who the hell takes their make-up out with them?!” you shouted and asked yourself.

You ran your hands through your wet and messy hair before turning around and going over to your bed. You took your wallet and walked out of the room. A foundation is needed and you are ready to buy one.

Going out and searching for Luna was too risky so you just put your towel back around your neck and ran out of the room and hotel. You tried your hardest to walk as normally as possible and ignore your aching thighs which could give you out right away.

After only minutes of searching you finally found a store that strangely sold make up. You quickly chose the first best shade that matched your skin tone, paid for it and walked out of the store again.

You could only imagine how everyone already were in the restaurant, eating their breakfast and waiting for you.

“Gin?!”

Your head turned towards the direction where an awfully familiar voice was heard from. You looked around and searched for a recognizable face and it didn’t took you long before you spotted Hoya’s face further away with some guys.

“Gin, it’s really you!” he smiled widely and ran towards you.

Panic-strucked, you clenched your towel in your hand and smiled nervously towards your cousin.

“What are you doing here, little girl?” he asked after hugging you.

You looked around before turning towards him, still holding onto your towel and praying to God that he won’t ask about it. “I attended the skating festival,” you smiled.

“Really?” he looked surprised, “How come I didn’t see you? Wait… I actually arrived two days ago so yeah, never mind,” he started laughing, “And that’s right, Yongguk won this whole thing. I knew lover boy was a good skater,” he winked.

You smiled nervously, not sure if you should tell him about your relationship or not.
You laughed with him when suddenly you heard his friends call after him, “How long are you staying?” you asked him after understanding that he had to go soon.

Hoya laughed at your question before tapping your head, “You know me Gin. My life is based on hasty decisions and plans. I’m actually heading towards the airport right now,” he pointed at his bag behind him.

“Are you kidding with me?” you eyed him.

“Not right now, no,” he smiled, “Who are you with here anyway? Don’t tell me everyone came.”

“That’s exactly what happened,” you nodded with a mocking smile.

“Woah. Well that is awesome, really,” he told you with an impressed expression, “When are you flying back?”

“Tonight,” you answered when Hoya’s friends called once again after him.

He turned around and showed them his middle finger before looking at you again, “I really need to go now. It was such a surprise seeing you here!”

“I can only say the same,” you hit his shoulder slightly, thanking God that this conversation was coming to an end so you could ran back to the hotel.

“Say hi to everyone, especially uncle and auntie okay?”

“I will,” you nodded and hugged him before he ran away to take the next cab with his friends.

You let out a breath you didn’t know you were holding in and quickly headed back towards your hotel to finally fix the problem on your neck.

 

***

 

“Finally she is coming!” Zelo lifted up his tea cup at you when he saw you entering the restaurant.

You rolled your eyes and automatically walked over to Amber to take a seat beside her. You could feel Yongguk’s stare on you but you ignored it on purpose. You were a bit mad at him, especially after he left you alone to handle a problem both of you caused. You blushed from the thought again and tried to forget it by distracting yourself with the food.

“What took you so long?” Daehyun put his last bite of bread in his mouth and chewed on it while waiting for your answer.

His question took you off guard so you slightly widened your eyes before smiling towards him.

“I showered,” you answered simply.

“How long do you shower?” Youngjae arched one eyebrow at you.

“Long,” you gave him a death glare and you could see from the corner of your eye that Yongguk was holding in his laughter.

Everyone returned to their own plates when suddenly Amber came closer to you and whispered, “I don’t know where you were last night but I’m sure it’s a very interesting story.”

You eyed and kicked her under the table. Even though you knew that some of your friends already knew what happened last night and some of them will know at the end of the day, you still found it really awkward talking about it right at the moment and in such a situation as breakfast.

You pushed Amber away at the same moment as Mr. Bang walked in and greeted everyone.

“So my friends, it’s the last day here today, how does it feel?” he clasped his hands while smiling at everyone.

“If you ask me, I wouldn’t mind staying here for at least another week,” Himchan made a sad face.

“Mr. Bang, it was an awesome trip. Thank you so much for everything,” Luna thanked him wholeheartedly which everyone agreed to.

There were mixed feelings among your friends. Some were happy to fly back home and other were sad because they wanted to stay more. But one particular person’s mood stood out. It was Yongguk’s. He was rather upset and angry than down or glad.

“As you all know, Yongguk won yesterday’s competition,” Mr. Bang took a seat at the huge table, “And everyone knows what prizes there are right?”

That’s when it hit everyone. The prizes, where one of them was a contract with their skating team. And that meant that Yongguk had to stay here longer than the rest. All of the sudden you understood everything, why he had to meet up with his father this morning and why he was in such a mood right now.

“I knew this would happen!” Jongup jumped up from the table, “Hyung, are you really going to stay here?”

“Jongup, he has t-“

“No,” Yongguk interrupted his father and looked at everyone with a serious expression on his face.

“Yongguk my son, this is one of the rul-“

“I don’t care about the rules or the prize,” he said coldly, “I came here for the sake of my friends and not to win some stupid competition.”

“Then why did you compete in the first place?” Mr. Bang crossed his arms.

“Because I will skate no matter what. That is something I’m burning for, dad. I do it because I love it and not because of some sort of fame,” the way he talked to his father was very mature and serious.

Everyone at the table was quiet and just listened to the conversation between the father and the son.

“Yongguk, I don’t want to end up in some problems just because of your immature actions. You are staying here with us for at least a few more days till we figure out what we are going to do,” this time it was his father that had a severe tone in his voice, “I understand that you don’t like this situation but we can’t do anything about it.”

And just when everyone thought that Mr. Bang won in this discussion, Yongguk stood up from his seat and looked at his father, “Then make me stay.”

Before anyone could say anything else, he just walked out of the restaurant and left the rest behind.

Mr. Bang rubbed his temples and took a deep breath before turning to the rest of you.
“I’m sorry, my friends. I really can’t do anything about it right now but I will try to speed up the process so he can come home quickly.”

“It’s alright Mr. Bang,” Himchan spoke, “We understand the situation so don’t worry.”

He smiled and stood up from his seat too, “Yongguk really has great friends,” he smiled towards everyone, “I will go find him and talk to him and you go pack your stuff before our dinner tonight. I actually contacted Jinyoung’s father and invited them over too so it will be fun.”

Everyone nodded and watched him leave after Yongguk.

 

***

 

The day went by faster than you expected. You didn’t have a lot of stuff to pack so you finished quite early. All your friends just hung out for the rest of the day at the skatepark before it was time for dinner. You even managed to take Amber and Luna to the side and shortly tell them about yesterday night which both of them were extremely surprised about.

“Last dinner here before our flight in three hours,” Zelo commented depressed while everyone headed to the location Mr. Bang told you before you left the hotel.

“I wonder where Yongguk is…” you heard Jongup say to Himchan which made you wonder the same thing.

To be honest, you didn’t even look for him and you knew that he wouldn’t like it either so you just let him and his father handle this situation.

“And I wonder what Mr. Bang did to the whole situation. If he managed to convince Yongguk?” Amber rubbed the back of her neck. “This is indeed a tough situation.”

You nodded and suddenly felt guilty for not being there for him. For not talking to him or even convince him yourself if that was needed. As your group of friends approached the place where Mr. Bang reserved dinner, you saw JB and JR walk towards it too.

You couldn’t help but smile at the sight in front of you. JB looked so good and happy today that you just had to suspect stuff. When you walked up to the two of them you winked at JB who immediately hit your shoulder without hesitation.

“Wow, I’m sorry if my look did something to your pride,” you said ironically.

“You know very well why I hit you,” JB nodded upwards.

“Love is in the air~ Love is in the air~,” JR started singing out of nowhere which you found really hilarious. You joined him and pissed JB off more.

“Seriously stop it… You are embarrassing me,” JB rolled his eyes and walked past the two of you and after the others.

“Sulli is flying back tomorrow with us,” JR said when JB was out of sight which surprised you.

“Are you kidding with me?” you looked at him.

“No, she is actually from Seoul but lives at the other side of the city,” JR explained, “So the lovers will have a nice flight home.”

“Awww, you should come with us tonight then,” you joked.

“I would if I could,” he laughed and started pushing you towards the entrance, “Gyuri is going to stay here for at least two more weeks. You can’t even imagine how happy I’m right now,” JR commented and entered the food place.

Hearing a guy talk about his sister in this way only made you laugh. But this was indeed good news for everyone.

 

***

 

As the waiters handed out the food everyone ordered, a middle aged woman walked up to your table and Mr. Bang immediately pulled out a chair for her. Even JR’s father smiled towards her which was confusing to both you and your friends. JR, JB and even Yongguk didn’t react to the female’s entrance and you could already feel that something was fishy.

“Hello everyone, I’m Park Subin. Mr. Bang’s wife and Mr. Park’s younger sister. It’s nice to finally meet all of Yongguk’s and Jinyoung’s friends,” the female spoke and smiled towards everyone.

Looks of disbelief were exchanged and no one could say a word. Nothing made sense anymore because everything was so damn ridiculous that it wasn’t worth questioning, but it was needed. You looked at Yongguk, who immediately met eyes with yours, and you couldn’t read his expression. You turned your attention back to your plate that a waiter served a minute ago.

As if this wasn’t strange enough, you could hear that one voice you hated hearing wherever you are.

“Sorry I’m late!” Gyuri walked up to the table and took a seat between her father and Subin.

The situation only became more awkward which the elders were totally oblivious about. You and your friends decided to just eat in silence till the elders left the room so you could attack Yongguk and JR with question.

And that was exactly what happened.

After half an hour of them talking and enjoying their meal, they decided to go out for some fresh air before they send you and your friends off to the airport. The minute they left your table, everyone’s eyes landed on Yongguk.

“This...” Youngjae pointed at the empty chairs, “…is begging for an explanation. Right now.”

Yongguk rolled his eyes and looked down at the table, totally avoiding any eye contact.

“Apparently, the woman my dad left us for is JR’s and Gyuri’s aunt Subin,” he began in a low voice.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Himchan looked concerned.

“Wow, you are making such a big deal out of it.”

Every single person that was sitting at the table, turned their attention to Gyuri who just talked without any permission. Everyone, including JR, watched her with a look of disbelief before Yongguk broke the silence.

“No one asked you to talk, Gyuri,” Yongguk glared at her with a cold stare, “ing no one.”

He then turned his attention back to the others and looked straight at you, “When I told you that the story was very long about the meeting with my dad’s new wife, this is what I meant.”

No one knew what to say to this so everyone remained silent. You rubbed the back of your neck and suddenly had the urge to go up and hug him and comfort him.

“Hyung… are you staying here after all?” Zelo asked gently.

Yongguk shook his head and laughed through his nose.

“Of course he is,” Gyuri rolled her eyes and took a sip from her cold drink.

Just then the elders came back in and told everyone to slowly but surely start heading out.

“Jinyoung, don’t be late okay?” JR’s father was the first one to leave together with Subin.

“I will go and get the cabs. Yongguk, Subin took your bag with her. You are staying in our guest room for now,” Mr. Bang explained.

“What are you talking about?” Yongguk stood up and looked at his father in doubt.

“Didn’t Gyuri talk to you?” Mr. Bang titled his head to the side and looked at both Yongguk and Gyuri.

“What the hell? No!”

At that, he just shook his head and sighed once, “I seriously don’t know what to do with you anymore. You kids fix this among yourselves. I need to call some taxi drivers now,” and with that he left the room.

Yongguk turned around and took a step closer to Gyuri.
“What the did you tell him?!”

“Calm down, I just did you a favor!”

“A favor? What favor?! I don’t want to be here!”

“Don’t be silly,” she rolled her eyes, “Oppa everything went as planned.”

This whole time you just watched the scene in front of you and didn’t know if you should also say something but at her last sentence, nothing made sense once again. What did they plan?

“Gyuri, what the hell are you doing right now?” Yongguk whispered loud enough for everyone to hear.

“You got what you wanted from her,” she nodded towards you, “And you won the competition. Now we can finally have some nice time together,” she smiled.

“Gyuri are you out of your mind?” Himchan walked up to her and slightly pushed her back.

“Hey, hey!” JR stood in-between them to prevent any physical actions.

“Can someone explain what the hell is going on here?” you bursted out in the end.

Yongguk looked at you and you didn’t like the eyes you saw. His eyes screamed sorry and in just matter of seconds your world was falling apart.

“Oh, so she still doesn’t know?” Gyuri asked sarcastically with the hugest yet fakest smile ever, “I guess I will get the honor to explain everything to you then.”

“Gyuri what the do you want from me?!” Yongguk shouted so loudly that the people around you started giving you odd looks.

At this point, you didn’t know what was happening anymore. Where you dreaming or have you been really blind to see the difference between reality and dreams?

“My little Jin Ah, your so called boyfriend only used you, you know?” she started off and you could hear Luna sigh dramatically.

You watched her with an expressionless face, although you have never been this emotionally instable as you were now. You could feel Amber’s hand hold your arm from the side and slightly pinching it to show you to be strong.

“He only wanted to get you laid,” she shrugged and turned towards Yongguk, “Please correct me if I’m wrong.”

You have never trusted Gyuri before and normally you would just ignore her nonsense and carry on with your life but this situation was special. You did knew that Yongguk only wanted one thing from the beginning but you honestly thought that he changed. You didn’t want to believe that this was true but his silence only made things worse.

Your eyes didn’t leave Gyuri’s as she talked on and on. Yongguk who was standing behind Himchan, was as speechless and you and it killed you deep inside. You hated it. You even hated yourself all of the sudden.

You looked up and saw his sad eyes looking straight into yours.

“Is… is this true Yongguk?” your voice cracked.

He broke the eye contact and rubbed his temples instead. Even though it only passed a few seconds since you asked the question, it still felt like hours and even then he was silent. He didn’t say a word nor did he defend himself.

“Yongguk, I asked you a question…” you raised your voice, “Is this true?”

“Oh,” Gyuri chuckled, “You can always ask his best friend. He knew about this too,” Gyuri pointed towards Himchan.

“Hyung, you too?!” Zelo who didn’t say a word during this whole time, jumped up in shock.

“Why are you doing this?” Himchan looked only at Gyuri and asked her in a very low voice.

“Jin Ah deserves to know the truth,” she smiled and looked at you again, “And the truth is that her boyfriend used her and his best friend helped him.”

“Chanie?!” Luna cried out.

“Yongguk,” you ignored everyone in this room for the next minute and just wanted a simple answer from your boyfriend. At the mention of his name, he slowly looked up and held your gaze, “I will give you a last chance to answer my question. Is Gyuri lying about this?”

“Jin Ah I-“

“Just answer me goddammit!”

He gulped down once and shook his head slightly.

You felt worthless. You felt like the biggest idiot on planet Earth. You trusted a player and you hated yourself for that. You even gave your ity to him and that’s something you can never take back.  

The feeling you felt at the moment was horrible. Your heart was breaking into pieces. Even your headache that you haven’t had for weeks was back. You felt dizzy and you just wanted to run away. Away from this place and away from him. Bang Yongguk.

A waiter walked up to your table and asked you to leave his restaurant because you were being too noisy.

“I was on my way out,” you said harshly and walked past him.

“Jin Ah, please. It’s not like that!”

“I’m done!” you shouted and ran out of the restaurant and straight towards one of the cabs that Mr. Bang called, “ing done…” you whispered to yourself as tears started forming in your eyes.