Chapter 5

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark
A/N: I don't know if my lovely readers are just joking or if they are serious about this, but JB is JJ Project's Im Jaebum and not Justin Bieber. Please guys, it's called asianfanfics haha. But yeah, enjoy chapter 5! :)

tumblr_m6128kYzKu1rwj2c5o1_500.gif



”JB?” you hit Amber with your elbow.

”You... stay out of this,” Yongguk pointed with his finger, between you and him, which got your and Amber’s attention.

“Why would I?” the guy named JB took a step closer and raised his chin. He was really good looking. He had blond hair and a cap with a hoodie over.  “There are no rules?”

“Just... Get... Lost,” said Yongguk harshly through clenched teeth.

You looked back and forth between the guys and were really confused. Everyone in the park was nervous and some of them seemed afraid. Who is this JB guy and why is he coming out of nowhere? You didn’t understand why he said that he would do it, but you didn’t want his help anyway.

“Stop it!” you were pissed off and just wanted to get over with this stupid rematch. “You,” you pointed at JB, “I don’t want your help. And you,” you pointed at Yongguk, “Get your on the ramp, and do this freaking mirror or whatever.”

With that you took your skateboard and took a last glance at Amber.

“Don’t do that girl. You don’t know him,” she said but you didn’t like to take orders from anyone, not even your own parents.

Your mask was back on your mouth and you walked past both guys, bumping purposely into their shoulders. Yongguk shoot one last look at JB, nodding aggressively, before walking after you. You were really confident in yourself. Teach Yongguk a lesson was your plan.

While walking to the ramp, you heard Gyuri shoot after you with the fakest voice you have ever heard.

“Fighting oppa~!” you rolled your eyes at this ridiculously embarrassing human being.

“Yeah, yeah,” you heard Yongguk’s deep, husky voice.

When the two of you were on the ramp, people started to gather around it. You spotted Amber standing beside JB and some other guy. She was talking to JB, and he looked at you with a surprised gaze. You broke the eye contact the two of you had and turned your head to the other side where you spotted Yongguk’s friends. You didn’t know why, but some of them smiled at you and did thumbs up. Especially the tallest one. Shouldn’t they be on Yongguk’s side?

“Listen..” said Yongguk, which made you look at him, “If you are smart enough, then you should’ve already figured out by the name how this works. The rules are simple. Just do the same thing as me…”

“Wow, so hard," you commented sarcastically.

“…at the same time.” He finished.

You nodded and put the skateboard on the edge. The two you got ready and Zico screamed a ‘let the challenge begin’ before everyone began to scream.

“We can start by just skating up and down a few times” said Yongguk, “On three. One.. Two…Three!”

And with that you rolled down at the same time. After a few rounds with just skating up and down Yongguk screamed out a ‘do a kick flip’. This is pretty much, just jumping and making your skateboard twirl once. Both of you succeeded with that one and went back to skating up and down.

“Do a laser flip!” shouted Yongguk, and for one second you almost forgot what that was but once you saw how he bent down and prepared to jump, you remembered.

This flip is similar to the previous one, just that the skateboard has to twirl to the side and rotate forward at the same time.  Once again, it went pretty good. You took a quick glance at Yongguk and saw him smirk to himself. Something is up…

The two of you went back to skating up and down a third time. You started to get how this ‘mirror’ thing worked and was more than ready to show Yongguk what a real skater looks like.

“Do a double laser flip!” he shouted as you began approaching the cope.

“Double?!” you yelled in confusion.

In the meantime you did one and when you were on your way down, you felt Yongguk coming closer to you with his skateboard.

“In a row,” he said and did the flip on the other side.

You were a second behind him but still did the flip with some difficultness. The first reason to it was of course, that Yongguk said it too late. But the other reason was that he came closer to you, taking your space.

“Do it again!” he screamed and sounded a little bit angry.

What is going on? As you were on your way up on the ramp, Yongguk skated closer and closer. You looked at him and tried to avoid him and you bumping into each other by skating a little closer to the edge. Both of you managed to do the first laser flip but when you began skating down the ramp, Yongguk was way to close to you, and in no time you lost control of your skateboard and your balance.

Next thing you knew was lying on the ground in pain with your skateboard underneath you. You heard that some of the people there screamed and others laughed. You had your eyes closed because it really did hurt to land in a way like you did, but you heard footsteps coming closer to you.

“Jin Ah!” it was Amber’s voice.

You slowly opened your eyes and saw a frightened Amber in front of you. Two seconds later, a few people ran up to you. You could see JB and his friend on one side, and… Yongguk’s friends?

“Gina!” screamed the tallest one.

“If you don’t get up in five seconds, I’ll call the ambulance!” Amber shouted nervously.

The last thing on earth you wanted is to be taken to the hospital. You couldn’t even imagine what your parents would say, especially about skateboarding in general. You raised an arm to show them that you’re alive.

“Do you need help?” you heard JB ask Amber and immediately you opened your eyes.

“I’m fine!” you got up and rested on your elbows. “Just... don’t touch me.”

Amber was looking at you in an odd way. JB turned his attention to you and shrugged. After realizing that you had to get your up, you slowly made your way up and tried to stand, but got a horrible headache so stayed where you were for a second while holding your head with both of your hands.

“Yeah right, fine...” said Amber before nodding towards you as a signal for JB to help you.

He came closer to you and took one of your hands before locking your arms. Your head was aching so much that you didn’t had the strength to say against. JB led you to the first bench he saw. Amber, JB’s friend and two of Yongguk’s friend followed behind you. You sat down on the bench, and so did the others. Everyone’s eyes were on you.

“What?!” you asked them in an irritated voice.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you,” Amber shook his head. 

“From what? Yongguk? Who the hell does he thi-“

“From his ‘mirror’,” you were interrupted by JB, “It’s his weapon. He likes to cheat,” he continued.

“What a loser,” you rolled your eyes.

You looked around and searched for him to see where he was and why he ran away. You saw him in a corner, laughing with some guys and girls. Suddenly you remembered that two of his friends were right in front of you.

“Who are you?..” you held your head with one hand and pointed at the two of them with your other hand, “And why are you here?”

“These are Zelo and Daehyun. They are Yongguk’s friends, but you know.. normal people who you can actually hang out with,” Amber informed.

“Hi Gina noona!” smiled the tall one, Zelo.

You looked at them with a poker face because you couldn’t really trust them. You just nodded and turned your attention to Amber before asking her who the other two guys were.

“Meet my friends Im Jaebum and Park Jinyong. Also known as Yongguk’s rivals.”

“But you can call us JB and JR,” said the dark haired guy while smiling at you.

“Why didn’t you tell me that before? You know, being friends with them?” you couldn’t believe you ears. She hadn’t told you such a thing.

“You never asked,” she smirked.

You rolled your eyes and looked back at Yongguk. He wasn’t at the corner anymore but on his way out of the park. He glanced back at you a last time and winked. You showed your middle finger to him which made everyone around the bench look in the same direction. Yongguk made a gesture as catching your little message and bringing it to his heart before skateboarding out of the park and out of your sight.

“Let’s go grab something to eat!” said Daehyun, “They all are on their way to McDonald’s.”

Without waiting for an answer, Zelo grabbed your free arm and dragged you up, “Are you okay noona?” 

You managed to nod once but didn’t want him to drag you like that so you pulled away from his grasp and brushed of some invisible dust from your arm.

“I can walk,” you turned around while looking after your skateboard but saw JB holding it while walking towards you. He stopped right next to you and handed the skateboard over.

Everyone was on their way out, even Amber skated in front of you with Zelo, Daehyun and JR. You and JB were walking behind them.

“Why aren’t you skating?” you asked him after realizing that he was the only one, except you, who was walking.


“I don’t know. I like walking,” He said while looking forward.

You just nodded and walked beside him. It was really dark outside, you didn’t even know what time it was, but you didn’t care anymore. You were too busy thinking and wondering about everything that was going on right now. Why is Amber hanging out with Yongguk’s friends? Shouldn’t they be on his side right now?

“It’s Yongguk who is the problem,” JB looked down at you as if he could read your mind, “Actually, we are all friends here. It’s he who makes these different cliques and stuff. Zelo and Daeyun are his friends but they are really nice, the rest of his friends are just idiots.”

“I see,” you nodded. The night was a bit chilly so you put your hoodie over your cap. All of sudden you could hear your stomach growl. The sound was so loud that even JB heard it and smiled.

“Well, time to grab something to eat!”

 


***

 


Everyone was loud and played around with the food. There were at least ten tables full of people from the skating park. The McDonald’s staff was probably going crazy because of everyone but couldn’t do anything than just do their jobs. After all, you were the only ones there.

You had actually a good time and started to know JB and JR. When you arrived at the restaurant, Zelo and Daehyun went to sit with Yongguk. Amber, JB, JR and you were sitting at a table near the window. Although you were a bit cold towards the guys in the beginning, especially JB, after this meal you changed your mind about them.


“Heard about the party Zico is going to have this Saturday?” asked JR.

“Yeah, everyone is invited. The two of you should come too,” continued JB.

You and Amber looked at each other then at them. Why not? You nodded and so did Amber. As the four of you just chatted about everything and nothing, you could suddenly feel JB freeze in his spot while drinking out of his glass. You turned your head and saw Yongguk approaching your table. What does he want now?!


“Little miss I-can-do-everything. How are you Gina baby?” Yongguk asked and took a seat next to you. You could see JB and JR react to Yongguk’s wrong name, but you gave them a look to shut up.

“I’m fine actually,” you fake smiled at him.



Yongguk’s P.O.V

“Oh look at you, trying to be strong and everything,” I pinched her cheek just to mock around with her. She seemed pretty pissed off but that made it even more interesting.

“Yongguk, you’re a loser,” she said, hitting my hand away.

“Says the girl who lost the rematch,” I smirked and stood up.

I was too tired to sit and just wanted to go home. It was a long but interesting day. I got what I wanted and was ready to go home. Gina was pretty angry at me but it’s not my problem that she was that naïve. I looked at her a last time, her face was red like a tomato, and flashed a smile.

“See you later, red head,” I winked and walked off. I could hear her whisper Jackass so I just waved my hand without turning around.

Everyone gathered by the entrance and was ready to go home.

“Oppa~ can you walk me home?” said Gyuri as I approached them.

“I don’t think so. You have your brother,” I grabbed my skateboard from Jongup and turned to Himchan, “Make sure Zelo gets home safely.”

“But hyung I’m not a kid any-“

“Shut up and do as I sai,” I interrupted Zelo and with that skated away, leaving a whiny Zelo and a heartbroken Gyuri behind with the others.

 

***


When I was near my house, I saw a figure running over the road, going straight to my house. Who is that?
I skated faster to reach the person and when I was in front of the door I saw my mother trying to unlock the door.


“Mom?! What are you doing out so late?” I asked in shock because the last thing I wanted was her in some trouble.

“Oh, Gukkie! You scared me!” she put her hand on her left , “I was over by our new neighbours. Why?”

“Mom, do you know what time it is..?!” I didn’t know either, but it was probably really late.

“I know, I know. But I really had a good time. They are really nice people,” she began talking about them again. Who cares? 
I rubbed my temples and picked up my skateboard to walk past her.

“It’s just a shame that they are so busy and everything. They have one daughter and she is all by herself. Oh their daughter. She is such a sweetheart. I haven’t met her yet but I saw a couple of pictures of her,” she continued.


She isn’t going to stop talking about them right? I was on my way to the stairs but stopped walking and turned around.
“Mom. I got it. I’m glad you have met them. Now, good night,” and with that, I walked to my bedroom.