Chapter 8

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

 

”What?” he looked at you and was clearly as pissed as you.

“What are you doing here?” you asked him instead.

Yongguk arched an eyebrow before taking a step closer, “I live here .”

This information totally caught you off guard and you widened your eyes at the guy in front of you. Is Yongguk, the guy that you can’t stand being near to but at the same time are attracted to as hell, your neighbour? This can’t really be true. You were silent for a second, taking in the information slowly before looking up at him again.

“Is my mom there?” you looked behind him but could only see the hallway.

“No, she is on vacation.”

“Really funny,” you gave him a bored look. “Mom, I’m here! Bring me the keys now!” you shouted, hoping she would hear you.

“Come in Jin!” you could hear her from the room to the right which you assumed was the living room.

“No, just bring them out!”

“Lee Jin Ah, if you don’t come in, you won’t get the keys,” she said with a serious tone in her voice.

What is wrong with this woman?

“Are you coming in or not? I want to close the door,” said Yongguk while checking the time on his watch.

You just rolled your eyes and walked past him before taking off your shoes. Yongguk closed the door and walked to the living room. You took a deep breath before entering the room and seeing your mother talking to Yongguk’s mother while drinking some coffee.

“Good girl,” your mother smiled satisfied, “Now greet mrs. Kwon," he ordered.

“Annyeonghaseyo mrs. Kwon,” you bowed before turning to your mother and reaching out your hand, waiting for the keys.

“Annyeonghaseyo Jin Ah. Why don’t you sit down?” mrs. Kwon offered. You could hear Yongguk laugh through his nose and leave the room, going up the stairs.

You gave your mother a look before sitting beside her on the couch.

“So how was the party yesterday?” asked your mother.

“Okay.”

“Did you meet my son there?” asked mrs. Kwon before slightly hitting her own forehead, “Oh, silly me. Do you even know Yongguk?” she asked instead.

You were unsure of how to answer to the question but in the end shook your head as a no, just to avoid more questions from her.

“Really? Then I suggest that the two of you get to know each other!” she said and before you even could say anything more she shouted after Yongguk, “Gukkie come to the living room!”

“No, it’s okay mrs. Kwon!” you slightly waved with your hands while shaking your head, “There is no need for that. Besides, he is maybe busy or something.”

You quickly gave your mother an angry look as a sign for her to help you out. You didn’t want to be here in the first place but unfortunately she pretended not to understand what you meant and drank her coffee instead.

“Aish nonsense!” she went up from the couch and headed to the hall, “Yongguk, come down now!” she yelled after him.

“Waaah!” you heard him groan from the second floor, “What do you want mom?!”

“Why don’t you invite Jin Ah to your room?” she was standing in the hallway, looking up with her hand on her hips.

“What? Mom are you crazy?” although he whispered you could still hear him and after that you really couldn’t stay here.

You turned to you mother before whispering, “Can I get that stupid key now or what?”

“Why are you in such a hurry Jin Ah?”

You just hated being here but you didn’t want to say that in front of mrs. Kwon.

“Because.”

“You can go upstairs Jin Ah. Yongguk is in his room,” Mrs. Kwon entered the living room with a bright smile on her face.

“But I-“

“Just go now,” your mother interrupted you.

Right now, you just gave up on your life. You rolled your eyes once again and walked out of the living room. You looked at the door upstairs which was Yongguk’s room and sighed. I will go up, but if he just says something he shouldn’t say, I will kill him.

You walked up the stairs and knocked on the door once, but he didn’t answer. You made a grimace and just opened the door without knocking a second time. You stuck your head into the room, scanning everything before entering it. Yongguk was lying on his bed, holding his phone. He didn’t look up but just kept texting with someone while having a smirk on his face.

You walked past some mattress, which you kicked because it was in your way, and took a seat on the chair near the window.

“And who told you that you can kick my stuff just like that?” asked Yongguk arrogantly, still looking at his phone.

“I don’t need anyone’s permission to do what I want," you gave him a death glare.

“Really?” he changed his position and was now sitting on his bed.

Right then, his phone rang. Yongguk arched both of his eyebrows before answering.

“Hello?” he asked coldly and went up, “Oh it’s you... What’s up hottie?” his mood changed 360 degrees.

You shook your head at his fake behaviour and crossed your arms.

“Why I didn’t call you back? I was actually thinking about that right before you called,” his face screamed 'liar'. You knew he lied and gave him a wtf-look judging look.
He dragged his thumb over his throat, informing you that he would kill you if you said something. Actually you didn’t even think of it but after that, he gave you a brilliant idea. Slowly you walked up to him and stood right in front of him before looking up and smirking. The thing you did next caught him totally off guard.

You came closer to the phone before saying, “Yongguk-ah, hurry up!” you moaned that part as you made the most girly voice you could.

Yongguk was shocked as hell. He widened his eyes and pushed you away, “What? What was what?” he asked the girl on the phone.

You smiled in victory and walked back to the chair.

“I don’t know what you are talking about. You know, I’ll call you later. Bye!” he panicked and hung up on her before looking at you, “What was that for?!” he shouted.

“What?” you said in an innocent tone.

His phone rang again and you could see he was really pissed, “Gaah! I’ll be right back. Don’t touch anything!” and with that, he answered the phone and left the room.

“I’ll be right back. Don’t touch anything,” you mimicked him.

You were bored and wanted to go home but couldn’t because of your dear mother. You looked around in the room and spotted a picture in the corner of Yongguk’s desk. You took the picture and looked at it. It was a picture of Yongguk while playing some board game with a stuffed tiger. You thought that was really cute but at the same time funny. Doesn’t he have friends?

You placed the picture in its original place and re being bored. Suddenly your eyes caught sight of the same stuffed tiger beside Yongguk’s pillow.

“No way,” you said to yourself and started laughing, “What the !” you walked over to his bed and picked up the stuffed toy. You really couldn’t hold yourself anymore and started laughing your off. You laughed so hard that your head started aching again.

Yongguk entered the room again, “Hey! What are you doing with Shishi?!” he snatched the toy away from you, “I said don’t touch anything!”

“Shishi?!” That’s it. You officially have lost it.

You laughed so hard that you fell onto the floor. On the mattress to be more specific. You held onto your stomach and made seal noises. Yongguk looked at you like you were retarded or something.

“What’s so funny?!” he kicked you slightly.

At that, you stopped laughing and glared at him, “Do that again, and I’ll chop that leg of.”

“Stop laughing then,” he said and laid the toy down beside the pillow.

“I couldn’t. That was hilarious,” you said while whipping your tears. You jumped up and brushed some invisible dirt off, “Aren’t you a bit too old for that?” 

“No. And this means more to me than you think,” he said coldly.

“Really? Your girlfriend during the night?” you mocked with him.

“What the..? No.”

“Okay, tell me then,” you crossed your arms and waited for his answer. You were sure that he didn’t have one so you just waited for something funny to come out of his mouth so you could continue on laughing at him.

He just smirked and walked over to the window to plug his phone to the charger,“Why would I?”

You raised your eyebrows at that as an I-knew-it sign. Yongguk looked out of the window and took a deep breath, “It’s something special to me.”

When he said that, you dropped your arms down and just watched him. Could Yongguk have something special? Does he know what that word means? Does that guy even have feelings?

“Keep talking.”

“No,” he said and turned around.

“Whatever,” you sat down on his bed.

You glanced over at the clock on the night table. It read 3 pm. After a crazy night yesterday, you ended up in Yongguk’s room for no particular reason. You then glanced over at him and saw him still standing at the window, watching you. He had a black tank top and jeans shorts. Even if the clothing was so simple, he still was really hot. You couldn’t help but notice his collarbone and biceps that stood out so much. You were indeed attracted to him and you hated that fact. Suddenly, you saw him approaching you and you looked up, following him with your eyes.

“You know, my mom said that we should get to know each other,”  ae said in a low voice.

“So what?” you said. Yongguk was now standing in front of you, “Wait. You heard that?”

“Yes. These walls aren’t so isolated. So you can hear everything. That’s why I never bring girls home,” he bent down until he was in the same eye level as yours.

You showed him a disgusted look but he just bit his lower lip, “We should listen to mommy, don’t you think so?” he slammed his arms around you, but you still didn’t move an inch.

You didn’t want to show him that you were nervous but in fact you actually were. Nervous as . What is he trying to do?
As Yongguk came closer, you backed down. Yongguk was so close that you could feel his breath on your lips.

Suddenly you heard the door open.

“Omo! I’m so sorry!” both of you turned your head to the side where the voice was coming from. It was mrs. Kwon.

You immediately pushed Yongguk off of you and jumped up.

“I told you, we can’t do it here,” said Yongguk casually.

You widened your eyes because you couldn’t believe your ears. Did he really want to blame this on you? Is he playing a good boy in front of his mother? That ing snake.  

“What?!” you shouted at him, “What the hell are you talking about?!”

“It’s not my fault you wa-“

“Guys, guys, it’s okay! Stop it now,” Mrs Kwon interrupted your little fight, “I came here to tell you Jin Ah that your mother is going home,” she informed you.

“Thank God,” you said coldly and rushed out of the room, not caring to say anything else to that bastard.

“Teenagers these days...” you heard Yongguk’s mom behind you.

You walked down the stairs and put your shoes on in no time.

“Let’s go,” you said to your mother and rushed out. She didn’t know what was happening so she was quite shocked at your behaviour.

“What happened?”

 

***

 


“Sprite for you and cola for Luna,” JB handed you the drinks you wanted.

“Thanks!” said Luna and opened her can right away.

You were still lost in your thoughts. Anger isn’t the right word to describe the feeling you had when you thought about Yongguk. That little .
After you went home, the reality hit you and you started thinking of what his mother thought of you. On the other side, you didn’t really care. The only thing that bothered you was that he blamed this on you. And you hate it. You hate everything that has with unfairness to do.

Your mother asked you what happened but you just ignored her question and went to your room. You received a message from a hidden number, telling you that there will be some competitions tonight, and you were more than glad to skate over and stop thinking about that idiot.

“The party last night was crazyyy,” Lune smiled and sipped from her can.

“Sure it was,” said JB and glanced over at you. You just face palmed yourself at that.

“Who is going to compete tonight?” you asked JB, because he knows stuff like that.

“There are many, it’s just that no one has challenged anyone yet," he answered while looking at the park full of skating people. Amber and JR were somewhere by the ramps, skating with others.

“Oh, Hi Suzy!” shouted Luna to a random girl further away, “I’ll be right back,” she said to you and walked over to talk to the girl.

“Is there anyone who she doesn’t know?” you asked JB while opening your can.

“Actually, everyone knows everyone,” he laughed.

“Oh.”

“So.. How are you today?” he asked with a worried expression, “You know, after yesterday.”

“Fine, I think. Just a headache and pain in my whole body," you answered casually.

JB chuckled at your comment so you turned to the side to face him, “Thank you by the way.”

“Aish, it was nothing,” he smiled and you nodded, “You know.. Yongguk is a very, how to say it, good player,” JB rubbed his neck, “If he sees something he likes, he wants it. And if he wants something, he will make sure to get it.”

“What are you trying to say?” you didn’t get his point.

“Ehm.. You know what? Never mind,” he laughed and stood on his feet, “Let’s go join the others,” he put his skateboard down and jumped on it, “Come on!” he waved and skated away.

You put your skateboard down with your left foot on it. Yongguk a good player?
A good player or not, you were sure he wouldn’t succeed with anything on you. But one thing was sure, you will definitely get back on him for what happened earlier today.

Just wait and see, Yongguk. And with that, you skated after JB and the others.