Chapter 7

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

 

”Whatever,” you rolled your eyes and turned to JB, “We can go to the living room now, the monster is out,” you said and without waiting for an answer, you walked past Yongguk and Himchan and dragged JB behind you.

You looked around in the living room and spotted an empty armchair. While still holding onto JB, you walked through the crowd and took a seat on the armchair. JB looked at you and you tapped on the armrest, mentioning for him to sit down. He sat down and the two of you just looked around, watching people dance, drink or make out.

Suddenly, JB jumped out of nowhere and took out his cell phone.


“, the vibration scared the out of me!” he shouted while reading the text message. “JR and the others are outside; I will go and open the door. Apparently, Zico can't hear them!"

You just nodded, it was useless to answer because of the music he wouldn’t be able to hear you anyway. As JB left the room, you saw Yongguk and Himchan enter it with the rest of their gang. Zelo saw you and waved excitedly. You just smiled and looked to the other side. Avoiding eye contact with any of them.

This party was crazy. There wasn’t anyone who didn’t drink, and it really felt like everyone was making out with everyone. There were some girls dancing, or more like grinding their asses on some guys. People having a contest in who can drink more alcohol. And what confused you the most was the time. It wasn’t even midnight and half of the people where already drunk. Idiots.

You were just sitting on the armchair, waiting for JB to come back with the others, when you saw a familiar figure entering the living room. It was Gyuri and right behind her, her strange eyed friend. She was wearing the world’s shortest dress and had like tons of make up on her face. There was just one word that could describe her. Cheap.

She met eyes with yours and gave you the famous look but you just rolled your eyes and looked away. Although you looked away, you could still see from the corner of your eyes that she approached Yongguk’s gang and you could feel him totally checking her out.

Just as you were about to puke, you saw Amber enter the room with the most horrified look on her face. You guessed that she saw Gyuri too and laughed through your nose. She spotted you and squeezed through the crowd before walking up to you with JB, JR and Luna behind her.

“Guess who’s getting laid tonight?” was the first thing she said.

“The and the monster I guess,” you laughed. Amber looked at you and started laughing too while high fiving you.

 “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m actually hungry,” said JR while looking around after the food, “I guess the food is in the kitchen?”

“Let’s go take something to eat then!” shouted Luna, in the same second as the music stopped and was about to change to another song. Everyone looked at her and you literally face palmed yourself. Amber did the same, and JB just laughed.

“Come on now,” said Amber as she walked past you right behind Luna. The music started again.

You just shrugged and went up from the armchair. JB walked behind you and you could feel his arm on your lower back again. Unlike before, this time you jerked off his arm without looking at him and headed towards the kitchen where the others already attacked the food. Right at that moment, you felt your stomach rumble, informing you that you were really hungry so you didn’t wait a second more, went over to Amber and dig in all the different stuff. From hamburgers to pizza, from chips to sandwiches.

After a half an hour, you were stuffed. You just leaned in your chair and closed your eyes. Some rest is what you needed.

“Bwooah, can someone take away this from me. I think I’m gonna explode,” JR pushed away his plate.

“Jin Ah, don’t you dare fall asleep,” said Amber as she stood from her chair and approached you. She shook you once, earning a death glare from you, “Let’s go back to the living room.”

“Stop being so boring, Jin Ah!” whined Luna, who also earned a death glare from you.

“Alright, alright. Jeez,” you went up and walked into the living room with the others, “I’m thirsty…” you said and JB was the only one who heard you.

“Want something to drink?!” he shouted near your ear. You just nodded as an answer. 

JB mouthed a ‘come-on’ and took you by your wrist, pulling you through the crowd to the bar where the drinks were.

“Want something strong now?” he pointed at all the mixed drinks.


You were full and didn’t feel the crave for strong drinks right now so you shook your head and stretched your arm out to take a regular coke when you heard a familiar husky voice behind you.

“Of course she doesn’t want something strong. She is a little girl,” smirked Yongguk.

You furrowed your brows before eyeing him, “Oh please, as long as you are a big boy, nothing else matters,” you said sarcastically.




Yongguk’s P.O.V

The party wasn’t that special. Zico can do better but I think just because he was already drunk at the beginning, no one actually cared about their actions. And I’m one of them to be honest. The girls just stormed over to me and well, like I said; never turn down offers like this.

But there was just one little thing that I wanted tonight. Jin Ah. She was really hot tonight with her causal clothes. Although she wasn’t girly, she was still hot as hell and her y, stubborn and arrogant personality made me want her more. I just know that whatever I want, I make sure to get it.

She was with JB the whole night and then her clique came too. When I saw her coming in to the living room and head to the bar, an idea popped in my mind. Let’s get that chick drunk.

I walked over to the bar, and stopped right behind her as I heard JB asking her if she wanted anything stronger, but she just shook her head. Showtime.

“Of course she doesn’t want something strong. She is a little girl,” I smirked.

“Oh please, as long as you are a big boy, nothing else matters,” she said while turning around and leaning on the bar.

“At least the big boy can manage to gulp down a couple of drinks, unlike the little girl who thinks she is badass  but doesn’t dare to take a drink or two,” I raised my eyebrows.

“Who said I don’t dare?” she crossed her arms.

“I did. Right now.”

“Well, you’re wrong. Now, if you would excuse me,” she took a few steps forward and past me.

“Prove it,” I said with me back still facing her.

“What?”

I took a glass of some mixed drink that was on the bar and turned around, “Prove it, and take a drink.”

She made a grimace before speaking, “This is ridiculous. It’s just a drink, why are you making such a big deal out -..”

“Right, no big deal. It should be easy for you to gulp this down then,” I interrupted her and offered the drink in my hand.

She looked between my face and the drink that I was holding. I could see her face becoming redder, before she snatched the drink out of my head. I smirked in satisfaction.


Your P.O.V

You took the drink from Yongguk and gulped it down in a second. You hated when people didn’t believe you and what was even worse is that they wanted proof. When that happens y
ou automatically feel challenged and in this case was it Yongguk who challenged you. Just the thought of him smiling in victory made you grimace like an idiot.

“Happy?” you gave him the empty glass back before Yongguk even could answer.

The music was still loud and you turned to JB who was standing beside Yongguk, “Should we go and find the others now?!” you asked JB.

“Sure!” JB gave Yongguk a dirty look and walked past the two of you before stopping in his track by Yongguk’s voice.

“One-one,” said Yongguk as he finished of another drink he took from the bar, “I drank one. Let’s see who can handle more alcohol.”

You stared at him in disbelief. Is he being serious? The whole situation was as ridiculous as it can get, but there was still a part of you that just wanted to show the jerk that he isn’t the king here and hasn’t the right to judge anyone.

“Don’t do it Jin Ah,” you heard JB behind you.

You didn’t broke the stare contest with Yongguk and just said, “Challenged accepted.”

 

 

***

 


Just as the stubborn cow that you were, you were now sitting on the couch with Yongguk facing you from across the table. Both of you have managed to gulp down four drinks each, but you didn’t feel anything yet. Amber and JB were sitting beside you, while JR and Luna were busy dancing. Zelo was sitting on the armchair and Himchan on the floor beside Yongguk.

“Why is it taking him so long?” asked Himchan while waiting for Youngjae to bring more drinks.

“You are ridiculous,” JB looked at Yongguk, “She is a girl after all. What the is wrong with you?”

JB couldn’t stop you from drinking because you insisted on doing that so he was really angry at Yongguk. You hit him with your elbow to shut him up and returned to stare at Yongguk. Neither of you had to stare at each other, but that was something that happened automatically.

You didn’t know if it was just you or if it really was hot in here. After four drinks, you didn’t feel anything yet, beside the heat. But then you remembered that you ate a moment ago so it takes the alcohol a bit longer to get into your blood. Haha er.

Yongguk's eyes became redder than usual and yet there was one thing you were absolutely sure about... he was hot as always. Just the glare he gave you made you go crazy but as usual you kept calm. Yongguk noticed you checking him out and smirked which made you break the staring contest.

Finally, Youngjae came with eight more drinks which he placed in front of you.
“I’m not going to bring them again,” he said while rolling his eyes.

“I don’t think it will be needed,” Yongguk gave you an evil smile and took a glass.

You took one too and drank it in a second. This went on until all glasses where empty again. The room became hotter and hotter and your eyes started dancing, but you could still control yourself to sit properly. Yongguk on the other hand wasn’t in his best condition. One more drink and he is gone.

“Y-Yoou, are r-reaaally good,” he said while pointing at you. “B-better than I thought.”

“Yeah, yeah,” you just nodded because you didn’t had the strength to be cocky.

Youngjae and Zelo left the room a while ago, so Himchan and Yongguk were on their own. Amber was talking to a girl you haven’t seen before and JB looked at you concerned. The whole time you and Yongguk drank, he was there and tried on different ways to stop you, but failed.

“Oppa!” you rolled your eyes when you recognized the voice, “Let’s dance!”

Gyuri approached the table while Yongguk stood. “I w-will go get more d-drinks,” he talked to you.

Gyuri looked at your direction and gave you a look, “Oh my God so embarrassing you are,” she said while putting her hand up and looking away.

“,” you leaned at the backrest, waiting for Yongguk to go and get the drinks.

“Come on oppa!” Gyuri tugged on Yongguk’s arm but he broke away from her grip and tried to balance himself.

“F- off, Gyu-“ he didn’t even finish his sentence before falling onto the floor. You weren’t sure if Yongguk lost his balance, fainted or maybe just fell asleep but you still smirked in victory.

“Oh my God! Oppa!” Gyuri screamed and knelt down to help him up.

You really didn’t care about the situation and just laid your head on JB’s shoulder because you got a headache all of sudden. The alcohol started getting into your blood.

“You !”

On this, not just you and JB, but Amber and the rest of the room, turned their attention to the screaming in the centre.

“How could you do this to my oppa?!” she approached you, “I hate you!”

You just looked oddly at her and showed her your middle finger, while still lying on JB’s shoulder. She walked closer to you until she was right in front of you and before you knew it, you received a slap on your right cheek.

You looked at her in disbelief, “What the ?!” you shouted at her.

“That’s for messing with Yongguk!” she shouted back and turned around to go but couldn’t go so far because you stopped her by dragging in her dress.

While you stood up, the headache you had just got worse but you still managed to hold yourself on your feet. Amber jumped up to stop you but you dragged Gyuri down on the floor and kicked her in her back before everything went black for you too.

 

“Jin Ah!” JB’s and Amber’s voice was the last thing you heard.


 

***

 



You opened your eyes, waking up from the amount of light that was in the room. When it comes to sleeping, you like it when it is dark, that’s why your room is really dark with the curtains over the windows all the time. You looked around and didn’t recognize the room you were in. You lifted your head up to take a better look but that’s when the pain hit your head and your whole body. What happened?

You sighed and gave it another try. This time getting up a little slower. You were in a not so big room with green walls. There was a desk with a green chair, a shelf with many caps on, and on of the walls there were four skateboards. Where am I?

The door to your right opened and in came Amber, “Oh, good morning trouble maker,” she said while leaving a cup of tea on the nightstand, “I bet you have slept very well,” she grinned.

“What happened last night?” you grew curious. The only thing you remember was drinking with Yongguk and nothing more.

“Well, let’s say you had fun with your best friend,” she joked.

“Amber!”

“Okay okay. Well..” Amber told you everything in detail. About the drinking, about Gyuri being Gyuri, about Yongguk fainting, about you getting slapped by Gyuri and about you beating her and fainting as well. “So, JB helped me take you to my room. He said that it would be better if you slept here for the night,” she explained, “And oh, I called your mother to tell you that you will be staying here.”

“,” You cursed under your breath.

“What?” she took a seat on the edge of the bed.

“I must have been a total idiot. Embarrassing and stuff,” you said while holding your aching head, “Can I get a pain killer?”  

“Sure.”

***

 


“Thank you for yesterday, Amber,” you said while putting on your shoes. You ate breakfast at Amber’s and finally decided to go home.

“It’s okay. Go home and rest a bit now, and I’ll see you tonight at the skatepark,” she said while giving you your phone back.
 
“Alright. See you."

After a long and peaceful walk home, you rang on the door but no one answered. It was Sunday so your parents should be home. You rang again but still no answer. You took your phone and called your mother.

Oh, Jin Ah. Where are you?” she asked.

“In front of our house mom. Where are you?” you asked the same question.

I’m at our neighbor’s across the street. Come over,” she offered.

“No thanks. Just bring me the keys,” you declined the offer.

I can’t. Come over and get them yourself,” she said with a tired voice.

“Mom!”

Or you can just wait there,” she teased.

“Alright alright. Which house is it?” you asked while looking around, hoping to maybe spot her somewhere.

Just look in front of you. The house opposite ours.”

“Okay. I’m coming,” and with that you hang up.

You walked across the street, and in no time you were in front of the neighbor’s door. You knocked on the door and waited but no one opened it. You decided to ring on the door bell. After pushing the button twice you heard a voice approaching.

“I’m coming. , take it easy!”

When the door opened you froze in your spot. You looked around and back at your house. Yes, it was the right house you were in front. But the person in front of you was everything but right.

It was Yongguk.