Chapter 32

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

 

***

 

”Why is your face red?”

“I don’t know…” you looked away from Amber’s face that was buried into your shoulder while whispering.

“Did something happen in the elevator?” she continued.

You didn’t want to lie to her so you just kept on being silent because you weren’t ready to tell her about the event from before. You weren’t even sure if the kiss really happened or your fantasy got damn upgraded. The butterflies in your stomach were slowly calming down after Mr. Bang got the two of you out of the elevator with some help from a staff. Everyone gathered in his room where you waited for him to sit down on the armchair next to the balcony and tell everyone the plan for today.

You were sitting on the huge bed with Amber and the rest while Yongguk, Youngjae and Zelo stood by the balcony’s entrance. The weather was nice and hot and somehow your throat was craving for cold water. Your lips felt dry so you tried to them now and then but it didn’t help any further.

“Noona is everything alright?!” you snapped your head towards Zelo’s voice and smiled nervously.

“Yeah, I’m just thirsty…”

Just then Mr. Bang walked into the room with a couple of papers. He looked around and counted everyone before counting the papers he had. After he was done, with a satisfied look, he looked up at all of you and smiled.

“Yongguk bring Jin Ah a glass of water,” he said and shook his index finger at you, “You have to be careful in this heat. Liquid is very important for your body these days.”

You just nodded your head before following Yongguk with your eyes. He left the room and just seconds later he was back with a glass full of cold water. He handed it over to you with a knowing smirk on his face.

“Drink well,” he said just as his hand brushed against yours, sending electrical waves through your arm and down your whole body.

He walked to his original place beside Zelo and Youngjae and waited for his father to begin. You drank the water in one go and handed the glass over to Amber so she could put it on the night table. While she accepted the subject, she eyed you with suspicious eyes before she whispered again.

“Something huge happened right?”

Your heart skipped a beat at the reminder of the kiss you and Yongguk shared and when you threw a look towards his direction, you saw him look at you before brushing his thumb against his lower lip. You immediately looked away because you were afraid. Afraid of not being able to control your feelings and hormones and jump on that handsome fella who was standing there and totally giving you the looks that your poor mind couldn’t handle.

You turned back towards Amber before rolling your eyes in hope to cover your very unstable state at the moment, “I’ll tell you later.”

“Okay my friends,” Mr. Bang began, interrupting your and Amber’s conversation, “Here I have some papers that you have to fill in before you go out and register them. You will have to take individual picture of yourselves that is going to be printed on card-like stickers. See that as your special IDs during this period,” he explained earning nods from everyone.

“What happens if we lose that card,” Jongup asked with a serious voice.

“You pay for it,” Mr. Bang smiled towards him but it was more than obvious that he was being serious as well.

“Yah, you idiot!” Himchan pushed his head slightly, “Just take care of your stuff.”

“I will!”

“Okay, okay. We should start fill in these sheets,” Mr. Bang spoke again, interrupting Himchan’s and Jongup’s bickering, before handing the papers out.

“It’s freaking happening!” Daehyun shouted and clapped his hands like a little child.

 

***

 

The registration took a couple of hours where you had to wait in a line that was pretty long and then register your information and pictures. The whole group had to wait for the cards to be made so you sat in front of the service for another hour. After everyone received their cards you could finally run away and explore the whole skatepark.

“I have a plan; everyone goes where ever we want then when the sun settles down, we gather in front of the hotel. What do you say?” Zelo nodded excitedly towards everyone, while the whole group entered the park.

“Actually, that sounds good,” Youngjae agreed, “We can go and see stuff on our own, or in smaller groups.”

You liked the plan so you nodded too, “Yeah that is definitely a practical way of quickly checking the skatepark out,” you said and looked at Amber who did a thumbs up.

“Let’s go then!” Daehyun yelled while raising his hand up in the air and walking towards one direction.

The rest of the group looked awkwardly around and you saw that Yongguk searched for eye contact but you couldn’t give in this time. You didn’t want to end up with him alone because you weren’t ready to face him after everything. You smiled towards everyone and grabbed Amber and Luna before running and dragging the two of them away.

“Don’t forget, be back right after the sun settles down!” Himchan shouted after the three of you.

“Yeah, yeah,” you said but not that loud so he couldn’t hear your answer.

“Woah, why in such a hurry?” Ambers started barking with her feet which made you slow down too and look at her.

“I’m going insane!” you released both of them after checking that you were far enough from the others.

“Why?” Luna furrowed her brows.

You inhaled deeply with closed eyes before opening them and slowly started to walk forward while waving them after you. You saw them exchange looks before following after you.

“We kissed,” you half whispered.

The two of them were silent for a moment before their brains registered the newest information they just received.

Amber was the first one to react with stopping in her track, “Are you saying that the ‘we’ in ‘we kissed’ is you and…” it took her a few seconds before she could continue, “Yongguk?”

You just nodded your head with a very serious face.

“I ing knew it! I told you something happened in the elevator!”

“Shhh, you don’t need to scream,” you rolled your eyes.

“What happened? How? Why?” Luna bombarded you with questions, “Seriously, you have to tell us everything!”

As the three of you walked around, you told them everything from the flight to the kiss and Mr. Bang’s interruption. The whole time, they were silent with really big eyes that registered every imitation you did of Yongguk.

“Wow…” Luna let out in the end, “So what now? Are you dating?” she asked a very stupid yet very smart question.

You tilted your head to the side while thinking over her question. It was only one kiss which can’t make up to all the fights you and Yongguk had but on the other side the two of you did click now and then. All the secret moments you had and he showing interest in you from the whole beginning was still something. You would lie if you weren’t interested in him either, but that is something you had a hard time confessing.

In the end you shook your head, “One kiss is not enough.”

“What is enough then?”

The three of you turned your heads around towards the husky voice. Yongguk was walking towards you with one hand in his pocket and the other hanging loosely on the other side.

“Oh snap…” Amber whispered.

“Correct me if I’m wrong but when we kissed, your reaction told me everything but ‘one kiss is not enough’,” he smirked as he approached you before standing right in front of you.

Luna turned to Amber and grabbed her arm before smiling towards you and Yongguk, “See you later!”

“Hey!” you yelled after them but they ignored your call. You cursed them under your breath and turned towards Yongguk again who was watching you with curious eyes. “Did you follow us?” you asked, in hope to change the topic.

“Definitely not. I happened to cross the path with you and with that, I overheard your little conversation about me,” he made a grimace, “What do I need to do so it can be enough?” he bend down until he was in the same eye level and brought the question up again.

You looked away because your heart started beating like crazy again. A small layer of sweat was slowly building in your palms.

“I see,” he straightened up again, “I’ll just tell the others later about us.”

At that you looked at him with an arched eyebrow, “What is there about us?” you tried to be cool but your red face gave you away. He read you like an open book.

“I like it when you blush,” he gave you a small smile, “Why don’t you tell your oppa what he needs to do to make you confess your feelings?”

Yes, you were totally head over heels for him and yes you enjoyed the shared kiss to the fullest but there was still something that bothered you. You put your nervousness to the side a bit and straightened up too.

“Why don’t you do it yourself first?” you asked half harshly.

“Do what?”

“Freaking confess!” you snapped out. Even after everything the two of you went through, he never actually said the words and that bothered you because you had a hard time trusting him.

“Confess?” he raised his eyebrow in disbelief.

“Yes, Bang Yongguk, why don’t you just confess first?!”

He looked around, checking if there were a lot of people around, before pushing you back to a less crowded corned before holding your head in his hands. “I’m trying to show you what I feel for you instead of just saying it. Showing it should normally be more impressive but you want to hear the words?” he spoke really lowly with his face just inches away from yours.

You looked at him, not saying a word, and just blinking now and then.

“Lee Jin Ah, you are making me crazy in both a bad and a good way. In the beginning I couldn’t even look at you from how annoyed I was but now, I can’t take my eyes and hands off you.”

You felt the electric flash through your body again and the butterflies invaded your stomach again. Yet there were no words coming out of your mouth.

“I like you okay? I want you to be my girlfriend,” his eyes searched for yours before turning their focus on your lips. He slowly started leaning in but in just seconds, your mind started working again and you decided to mock with him.

You closed the gap between the two of you and kissed him quickly on his lips with a fast and short peak before pushing his hands off your face and running ahead through the crowd.

“Yah!” you heard him shout after you but you just smiled to yourself in victory. Or was it victory?

Thinking back to just minutes earlier and the words that came out of Yongguk’s mouth, made you smile like an idiot.

“Hey, Jin Ah!” suddenly your heard JB’s voice call after you from across the way.

You smiled brightly at him and waved while running towards him, “JB!” you called out as a greeting.

Just then you felt a strong grip on your right hand before it dragged you back. JB face fell and you looked to you right.

“No,” was everything Yongguk said before walking towards the direction of the hotel.

 

 

***

 

 

The evening came faster than you expected and everyone gathered in front the hotel just to change the plan of hanging out and go straight to the bedrooms and sleep. The day was long and the sleep you got in the plane was useless so everyone was pretty exhausted and needed some sleep.

In the morning, after the breakfast, the festival officially began with some of the world’s most famous skateboarders. They introduced the festival and its rules before the real competition began. The park was filled with skateboarders and audience so going from one corner of the skatepark to the other would take at least an hour.

All the participants gathered in one place and that’s where you saw JB and JR. They greeted you and the others and just before one of the hosts blew the whistle, JB tugged onto your shirt and whispered in your ear to meet him after today’s competition. You shrugged before nodding to him as a yes. And just like that, the competition began.

It was more complicated than the one at home because it was clearly bigger so even though it was the beginning, the participants had to go through different trails and tracks. All this took a whole day and when the sun was gone long time ago, the first participants were out. Luckily no one from your group was out so you could take it easy for the rest of the day.

“Great job guys!” Zelo shouted in satisfaction and high-fived Jongup and Youngjae who were closest to him.

“I’m so hungry…” Daehyun complained with a pout.

“Time for some festival food then!” Luna suggested excitedly.

“Haven’t eaten that in ages,” Yongguk said to himself loudly.

“I know right! Jin Ah let’s go,” Luna smiled towards you with a wink.

You shook your head at her silly actions and spoke to everyone, “You guys go ahead, I’ll come later.”

Yongguk raised his eyebrow at you before walking up you, “Where are you going?”

“None of your bus-“ you stopped midsentence because of the look he gave you when you were about to say the one sentence that he hated and made sure to change, “I’ll be right back okay?”

“Fifteen minutes is everything I can take without seeing you in front of me,” he said seriously which made the group widen their eyes from what they just heard.

“What have we missed?” Himchan asked while scratching his head.

“You take care of that,” you said to Yongguk and walked away.

“Fifteen minutes!” he shouted after you which you just waved off.

 

***

 

“The others will kill me,” you laughed after wiping the tears off your face.

You met up with JB and the two of you bought some food before walking around the skatepark and ending up on an empty ramp far away from your hotel. You talked for a long time and joked around which made you laugh so much that even a couple of tears rolled down your face.

“Why?” he smiled.

“I ditched them to be with you,” you shook your head while smiling back.

JB’s smile faded away and a serious look crept onto his beautiful face. He looked straight into your eyes before slowly speaking again, “You really did that?”

You nodded right away as it was the most normal thing to do. He broke the eye contact the two of you had and looked forward. “Jin Ah… there is a thing that I have been wanting to tell you for a long time now…” he began and looked at you again.

“Yeah..?”

“Yes, it’s something I have been holding inside of myself and I can’t do it anymore. I need to let it out.”

“Okay, spit it out then,” you raised your eyebrows in curiosity.

He played with his fingers as he slowly began, “Ever since you moved to Seoul and started hanging out with us I thought that you were a really cool girl.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re also very beautiful and that is a huge plus,” he smiled nervously, “For each day that I hung out with you, you made me smile more and more and made me just happy.”

Your eyes grew bigger at the realization of where this was going.

“Jin Ah, I have been liking you ever since you entered my life,” he looked directly and determined into your eyes. “And I can’t stop thinking about you.”

You avoided to look into his eyes because this felt really awkward. He was quiet and waited for your reply but you didn’t know what to say. You felt more than uncomfortable and struggled mentally to find a proper answer.

JB and you have been friends ever since the beginning and that is how you have seen him. Just a friend and nothing more. You did felt a vibe from him now and then but just ignored it because you didn’t want to believe it. You didn’t want to ruin the friendship the two of you had, and now that he confessed to you, there was a risk it could actually happen. And you didn’t want it. At all.

“Oh..” was everything that came out of your mouth.

He rubbed his temples at your answer after realizing what it meant. You felt really bad but couldn’t find a way to comfort him. To hug him or any kind of skin ship was a big no at the moment.

“I’m sorry…” you lowered your head, “I don’t know what to say. This came as a shock to me.”

He closed his eyes for a moment, “Which means that you don’t feel the same,” he opened them again.

You slowly nodded your head and he looked away from you. After playing his words over again in your head there was one face that popped into your mind. Yongguk. You saw JB only as a friend because another guy was taking, and with that, getting your attention. After the kiss and the confession Yongguk made, you couldn’t stop thinking about him, just like JB couldn’t stop thinking about you and you hated yourself for that. He is a great guy who deserves someone better than you.

“Oh god, now I even destroyed everything we had,” he buried his face in his hands.

“No, you haven’t! But JB, I’m sorry… It’s just that..”

“It is Yongguk right?” he interrupted you.

You nodded again and you heard him laugh ironically through his nose, “I knew it. He always gets the girls he wants. So the two of you are dating now?”

“No! But you know, they might be something..”

“Since when?” he asked immediately.

“Recently.”

“Dammit!”

You didn’t answer this time either and just stayed quiet in this awkward aura. In the end he was the one who wanted to go back to his hotel so the two of you ended up walking back. You told him that if he didn’t mind you could just forget what happened and continue on being friends but he wanted some time alone because it would be hard for him to be around you. You had just to go with everything he wanted because you have already done enough. You broke his heart.

The two of you said your goodbyes and headed in each direction. Just as you entered the hotel you saw Yongguk jump up from the couch in the lobby and run up to you. It was pretty late so there was almost no one in the lobby except the receptionist who was doing something on the computer.

“Where have you been?” his worried look greeted you.

“Outside,” you said and walked to the elevator to call it down.

“With whom?”

“With JB,” you answered bitterly after remembering that you broke his heart because of Yongguk.

“Oh really now? Everyone is sleeping and I’m here worried where you are just to find out that you were with JB,” he said harshly.

The two of you entered the elevator and you pushed the right button before looking at him again. “No one asked you to stay up. And what if I was with JB?”

“You can’t be with him,” he answered coldly.

“Oh, and why is that?” you crossed your arms.

“Because he likes you and I can’t take it.”

You rolled your eyes at him in annoyance before blurring out, “Well lucky you he confessed to me just a moment ago!”

The elevator stopped at your floor and the two of you walked out. “What?! And how am I the lucky one here?”

You ignored him and walked up to the door of your room. “Jin Ah, I asked a question!”

You turned around to face him with a serious expression, “I turned him down… Because of you.”

He widened his eyes at that and stayed like that for a few seconds. You rolled your eyes before telling him a ‘Goodnight Yongguk’ and entering your room where Amber and Luna were sleeping like little children.




 

 


 

A/N: Sorry for the late update but very busy week and guess what? busy weekend ahead too, IT'S MY PROM TOMORROW!

Other than that, I made another poster for this story (and I replaced all the old ones) just to celebrate all the subs and upvotes this story has! THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!