Chapter 21

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark



 

Your P.O.V


”I’ll just go and get my skateboard then,” you said to JB and JR and walked out of their shop. Before you closed the door you shouted a last, “I’ll be right bac-… Oh !”

The sight in front of you stopped you in whatever you were doing or saying. You released your grip on the door and watched the scene in front of you. The two people you absolutely hated made out right there. The way Gyuri desperately held Yongguk and literally ate him up, disgusted you to the highest level. She was standing on her tiptoes and her back slightly touched the wall to the shop while Yongguk hovered over her and kissed her deeply. Your eyes focused on Yongguk’s jaw, making Gyuri blurring out. The way his jaw moved in sync with the kiss was really hot and you started picturing yourself making out with him instead of Gyuri.

All of these thoughts flashed through your mind in a second and when you stopped in track and the two of them heard you, both of their heads turned towards your direction making Yongguk widen his eyes.

You made a disgusted face mixed with shock and were slowly walking past them.
“My beautiful eyes,” you whispered but felt a tight grip on your shoulder turning you around to face Yongguk.

“Hey,” he coughed and you saw Gyuri leave, “Listen…”

You didn’t even wait for him to continue but turned around and started walking towards home. This morning you went over to JR’s and the three of you looked around in the computer for some skateboard designs. JB got an idea of pimping your old skateboard which you left at home so you were on your way to go and get it. On the way out you were welcomed by your lovely best friend Yongguk.

You were still really mad at him and didn’t plan on talking to him any time soon. You heard footsteps behind you which meant that he was following you but as usually you ignored his existence or at least tried to. You couldn’t delete the scene from earlier out of your mind. Although he doesn’t like Gyuri that way, he still can get some from her. He was a really good player, just not good enough for you.

“Seriously now, you can’t ignore me for the rest of your life,” he said as he walked beside you.

You just smirked and looked in front of you.

“So you want to solve this in the hard way?” he laughed through his nose when suddenly you felt him push you to the side between two shops. He pushed you to one of the walls and held his arms stretched out beside your head. He lowered his head ‘til he was in the same eyelevel as you and looked deep into your eyes.

“The hard way,” he whispered.

You couldn’t believe your eyes what was happening. You knew that he was as stubborn and determined as you, but this was going out of control.

“Get out of my face, Yongguk,” you said coldly and tried to push him to the side but he was way stronger than you.

“Wow first sentence, progress,” his eyes didn’t leave yours. “Now be a good girl and listen to me.”

“No, go away,” you tried to push him away again but you failed once more.

“The…hard…way,” for each word he came closer inch by inch which made you nervous. Every time you were really close to Yongguk physically, you automatically became nervous.

“Okay okay, just stop coming closer! Say what you want to say, I don’t have time for this,” you shouted and held out your arms to prevent him to come any closer.

He smiled to himself and tilted his head to the side. “You’re such a beauty.”

You arched an eyebrow and looked horrified at him. “Excuse me?”

“What I did yesterday…” he started off, “I just couldn’t control myself.”

“Ehm, your argument .”

“I’m not done,” he took away one arm from beside your head and instead started playing with your hair, “You were just lying there, lonely and helpless, and I was already there so I thought why not help her then,” he played with your hair tips while looking at them. “I didn’t know it would upset you even though you actually liked it.”

“I don’t want to have this conversation,” you said harshly and pushed him to the side while walking past him but that luck didn’t last so long when he dragged you back again to the same position.

“I said I’m not done,” he went back to standing close to you, “You know, the moment Zelo busted me wasn’t just embarrassing for you but me too. I didn’t even know they were coming so soon. So we can say that it wasn’t easy for me too, especially when you slapped my face. I was kind of hurt.”

The Yongguk you knew wasn’t the one standing in front of you. He wasn’t acting strange but he talked nonsense. He said things that the Yongguk you knew wouldn’t say in a billion of years. “What is wrong with you?!” you held out your hand again.

“You should have seen the random guys that were sitting beside us,” he ignored your question, “They were looking at you with eyes full of lust so it was good that I was there to scare them away,” he smirked, “Anyway, I won’t do it again. Well at least not without your permission.”

“You have to be kidding with me.”

“Does this mean that we are good again?”

“Is this your way of saying ‘I’m sorry’?” your wtf-expression didn’t leave your face.

“Sorry?” he laughed, “Who said I’m sorry, Jin Ah baby?”

“So you’re not?!”

“Well, I didn’t say tha-“

You cut him off midsentence by pushing him to the side for the last time before walking away. You left the place between the shops and headed towards home. To be honest, this didn’t even surprise you. Stupid things should be expected from stupid people.

“Hey!” you heard Yongguk shout behind you so you quickened your pace. You were really tired of him and arguing was the last thing you wanted to do on such a beautiful day as today. You started running and after a couple of minutes you noticed that he was gone.

You sighed deeply and walked home in peace. When you arrived you opened the front door, ran to your room to get your skateboard before your parents arrived because you were still grounded and them busting you wouldn’t have a happy ending, and ran out of the house again.

 


 

***




“I know! Pink with lollipops and polka dotted bows!” JR laughed hard while designing the skateboard in the computer.

You rolled your eyes and watched his ridiculous actions. “JR you are losing your focus right now,” you said and pushed him to the side, taking over the computer mouse and deleting his design.

“No! It was so cute ~” he tried to do aegyo but failed big times.

You shook your head from his childish behaviour and returned to the design.

“Black and orange would be nice,” said JB who was sitting to your right.

“No.”

“Okay, orange and white then,” he pointed to an ugly design on the screen.

“Why do you keep picking orange?” you turned to him.

“I like orange.”

“Well I hate it,” you made a grimace.

“Really?”

“Yeah, the ugliest color on earth,” you turned back to the screen and picked a very nice, futuristic black and blue design.

“And blue is the nicest color then?” he asked.

“That’s right. You learn fast,” you smiled and began changing the color of the wheels.

“Well as I see black is never wrong,” commented JR as he calmed down from his hyperactive moment.

You and JB nodded while still designing the skateboard. After a lot of color changing, picking of patterns and stickers and a lot of discussions about the wheels, you were finally done with the design and waited for JR to go and fix all the stuff that you needed and print out the stickers.

“Oh I almost forgot,” half shouted JB and went over to the cabinet under the cash register, “I fixed your other skateboard,” he picked your skateboard that you broke a couple of weeks ago on one of the competitions Zico held.

“Really?” you smiled widely while looking at the skateboard. You were really glad and thankful to JB who fixed it because you were actually angry at yourself when you thought back to that day.

“Yes, I had a hard time making it perfect but I fixed it in the end,” he smiled and handed you the skateboard.

“Wow, that’s really nice of you JB. Thank you.”

“No problem.”

“He stayed up all night to fix it,” added JR who came back from the inventory with half of the stuff you needed.

You turned to JB wide eyed. “Is that true?”

“Well… It wasn’t really all nig-“

“Why? Why didn’t you wait until the next day or so? You didn’t have to do it right away!” you interrupted him because even though you were glad he fixed it; you didn’t want him to have sleepless nights just because of you.

“It’s no big deal really,” he smiled while shaking his head.

“You have to stop being so nice you know,” you put one of your hands on your hip. “Being so nice will hurt you one day.”

“I can’t help it…” he tapped your head and walked past you, “…when I’m around you.” you heard him whisper to himself.

You tilted your head to the side and asked yourself if you heard right. You shook off the thought and turned to JR who showed you the main materials.

“Where is your skateboard?” he asked you and you bent down to pick up the skateboard you brought from home but your focus was still on JB.

“Thank you,” JR said but you ignored him because you saw JB smile to himself while searching for something in the drawer on the other side. He was acting strangely and you really wanted to know what was going on with him. “You can let go of the skateboard if you want,” said JR interrupting your thoughts.

You looked at him and noticed that you both were holding onto the skateboard.

“Oh sorry,” you started laughing and let go of the skateboard.

He just shook his head and began with the designing.

 


 

***




“Shoot, I totally forgot the time!” You shouted after looking at the watch and realizing that your father was coming home in a bit and you weren’t there yet. The three of you were really into pimping the skateboard that four hours felt like ten minutes.

“Parents coming home?” asked JR as he screwed the first new wheel on the skateboard.

“Yes, I need to go now!” you said and picked up your backpack.

“But we are not done yet,” JB eyed the skateboard and then you.

“That’s okay, we can continue next time,” you picked the skateboard that JB fixed and ran to the door. “JB, don’t you dare stay up tonight or something!” you shouted to him and saw him smile at that before you left the shop and skated towards home.

The speed you skated in was truly dangerous but it was totally worth it if you made it in time before your father came home. You skated past everyone and everything near you and shouted at some people who were in your way. In no time, you were approaching your house and jumped of the skateboard while picking it up and running towards the door.

Unfortunately, it was so typical you to not have luck in anything in life so you heard a car parking behind you. You stopped in your track and carefully turned your head towards the car to see your father undoing the belt around him while arching both of his eyebrows at you. You cursed under your breath before smiling nervously at him.

“And who do I see here?” he said and closed the door on the car before walking towards you.

“Yeaaah, you caught me dad!” you laughed nervously, “I was on my way out but you totally caught me!”

“Really?” he crossed his arms while smiling evilly. “Did you fight with someone on the way out then?” he nodded towards the house.

You had a questioned look, “Why would I fight with anyone?”

“I don’t know. All I know is that your hair is kind of messy,” he pointed towards the mess under your cap. “Unless… Unless it was the wind. Yeah, the only reason why you would have messy hair right now.”

You rolled your eyes because he totally saw through you. You lowered your head from your father’s victory and walked into the house with him right behind you.

“You are really bad at sticking to the rules,” he said as he took of his shoes and left his keys on the table. “This makes me wonder if you deserve an even longer curfew.”

“No!” you shouted. “Dad, that’s enough. This is not okay. I’m dying slowly in this house!”

“Your mother and I decided that today would be your last day for your punishment but as I said, maybe you deserve more,” he walked past you to the kitchen to make some coffee.

“You can’t do this to me. I said I was sorry! And I’m totally fine right now. I won’t do this again because I’ll be really careful!” you tried to convince him.

“Speaking of your skateboard, you left yours in front of the door,” he pointed through the window.

You widened your eyes and ran to the front door. When you opened the door and picked up your skateboard you saw, from across the street, that Zelo walked out of Yongguk’s house with Yongguk by the door. Both of them saw you too and Zelo waved to you as a hello. You just nodded towards him and glanced a last time at the smirking guy by the door, before you closed the door and walked to your room.

“So where did you manage to sneak out this time?” your father asked from the room across your bedroom, which was the kitchen.

“Dad I got it, you won,” you rolled your eyes.

“Good, now if you excuse me, I have to fix some stuff in the car engine,” he said and walked past your room towards the front door.

When you heard him close the door you jumped on your bed and threw both your arms and legs around, slamming them onto the bed out of anger. Life was so unfair.
Your stomach started growling and you took a deep sigh before going of your bed and towards the kitchen to make something to eat. You took out all of your favorite things from the fridge and placed them on the big table. That’s when you saw something you didn’t like, through the window. You zoomed with your eyes at the person beside your father and recognized the tattoo that was sticking out from the wife beater. Yongguk was standing beside your father, doing something with his car while their backs were facing you.

“Jerk,” you said and sat at the table and started making sandwiches. “What the hell are you doing?” you asked out loud and took a bite.

The two of them were standing there for a good twenty minutes and you finished your meal when you saw Yongguk leave and your father walking towards the house. He entered the house and went directly to the bathroom to wash his hands before he came to the kitchen and leaned on one of the walls.

“Let’s just say that you’re free from today on,” he said and you widened your eyes, but before you could say something else he put his hand up, “But, you can’t go to the skatepark without Yongguk.”

“What?!”

“This time it was your leg, next time maybe your head. No, I don’t want to take that risk so without Yongguk, you can’t skate. Discussion over,” and with that he left the kitchen and went to the living room.

“Are you kidding with me?!” you ran after him. “This is ridiculous, dad! Who the hell is he?! I’ll go to that park whenever I like, I don’t care.”

“Of course you care. He is such a nice guy who offered this himself. You should be thankful,” he said calmly which made you go insane.

“I hate everyone,” you gave up on arguing and left the room.

We will see Dad, I’ll go wherever I want, whenever I want and with whoever I want.

 


 

***



The next day Luna texted you to meet up in an hour with her and the rest at the skatepark. You ignored your parents all day yesterday by sitting by your laptop and watching some movies. Today you’ll just do as usual, meet up with your friends and don’t care about Yongguk at all.

After you showered and ate late breakfast you changed into some comfortable clothes and took your skateboard before leaving the house. On the way out you saw Yongguk sitting with Himchan at the stairs in front of his house. Himchan didn’t look so happy but when he saw you he jumped up and smiled widely.

“Ayo Jin Ah!”

You wanted to ignore them but after he called you, you had to response with a nod. He quickly ran up to you and hugged you.

“Heading to the skatepark?” he nodded to your skateboard.

“Yeah..”

“Sweet, we were just on our way towards it,” he said and waved Yongguk over.

“Okay,” was everything you said before turning around and skating towards the skatepark.

The two of them followed you and the ride to the park was pretty quiet. You didn’t want to talk to Yongguk and Himchan didn’t dare to say anything after what have happened at the beach the other day. You were surprised that Yongguk kept his mouth shut and just skated, especially after what happened with your father yesterday.

When the three of you approached the skatepark you saw a bunch of skaters standing in front of it with while the big gate was closed. They didn’t seem happy at all and you saw Zelo shouting at someone inside the park. When he saw you, he ran up to you which made you stop in your track and look at him.

He ran up to Yongguk and pulled him by his arm.
“Hyung, they closed the skatepark!”