Chapter 45

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

***

 

Your P.O.V

”Why did you do that?!” you shouted irritated at your mirror reflection in front of you, expecting a damn good excuse to get in response.

You were leaning on the sink in your bathroom and just stood there for a good fifteen minutes, trying to come up with a convenient excuse to why you kissed Yongguk after everything that happened. And how much you even tried to convince yourself that your action wasn’t that bad, you always ended up cursing yourself for acting weak in the end. Acting weak was the last thing you should have done but after everything he said you couldn’t help but melt for every word that left his beautiful mouth.

The guy you missed so much and wanted a freaking good explanation from, stood in front of you last night and did exactly what you have asked for this whole time. Every word he said, every move he did, everything was perfect and the right thing to do yet you didn’t want to give up so easily. Keeping your cool and protecting your dignity was something you planned to do the second you realized that Yongguk followed after you and wanted to talk to you. But after everything he said and confessed, you couldn’t hold your tears back any longer.

You missed him so much and you were thankful that he was finally honest with you. When he leaned towards you, instead of pushing him away, you leaned forward and connected your lips in desperation. That was seriously the last thing you would have done if you were in your right state of mind but that was the exact problem. You weren’t. You were so mentally messed up that realization hit you only a few seconds after the two of you started kissing.

Just like you were hiding the news from your friends about you moving away, you planned on hiding them from Yongguk too. And that’s when everything hit you.

You can’t be together with him.

As much as your heart wanted it, you just couldn’t because it wouldn’t work out. It would be impossible because you are not that type of person to have long distance relationships. That’s when you broke away from the kiss and ran away against your own will but for both of your own good.

“Stupid,” you spat at yourself for the hundred time the next day. Your action from last night only gave Yongguk more hope and that was the last thing you wanted to do.

With an irritated look on your face, you left the bathroom and headed to the living room, where your laptop was located. You the device and the first thing to pop up on the screen was your college application. After you ran away from Yongguk last night and arrived home you felt the urge to write the application. You got so much inspiration and will to write it that you ended up filling in everything the whole night.

You sighed once as you saved some small changes and closed the program. Sending that document was something you definitely couldn’t do now that you are moving away, but you still wanted to write it and experience the process. Thinking about it, college life here would have been awesome. Having your friends support you and you support them too, going out on the weekends, living life to the fullest… you could only dream about that.

Sure, the same thing is waiting for you in the US too but it wasn’t with your real friends. It wasn’t with the people that changed you into a better person. It wasn’t with your… first real love.

Before you could develop your thoughts into further depressing ones, you turned off the computer and decided to continue on packing your things. You were only a couple of days away from driving to the airport where the flight to the States would be waiting for you. As you entered your room, you could hear your phone’s ringtone.

Thinking that it might be your parents, who were at work at the moment, you picked up the call and realized that you just made another one of those countless mistakes of yours these couple of days.

Wow…” said the voice on the other side as soon as you picked up the call, “Jin Ah?”

Hearing his voice made you into even worse mood than you already were in. Every time he communicated with you in any kind of way, never ended well for you. You rubbed your temples and inhaled deeply before turning your attentions back to the male on the other line.

“I thought I was clear enough last night?” you let out in a somewhat arrogant voice, trying to sound as serious as possible so he could leave you alone.

“Actually you weren’t…” his low whisper made you shiver a little. His voice was mixed with sadness and anger which scared you in one way.

You were speechless and didn’t know what to say in order not to give out yourself.

Jin Ah is there something you forgot to tell me?” he continued in his low and calm voice.

You shook your head but quickly grasped that he couldn’t see you so you cleared your throat once and closed your eyes before speaking, “No, I didn’t.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Everything I had to say to you, I already said last night and called it off,” you answered determined and sat down on the corner of your bed.

You are not hiding anything from me?

From that question, your heart started beating rapidly in fright. You widened your eyes and began breathing unevenly.

No way that he would already know…

You ran your free hand through your hair before resting it on your left cheek. Thousands of thoughts started invading your mind and you were too weak to handle such a thing at the moment.

“So you are hiding something?” he spoke again, interrupting your short period of shock.

Before he could find out anything else, you decided to ignore his suspicious thoughts and instead deny everything as much as possible.

“No, I’m not hiding anything,” you slowly came back to reality, “Why? Do you think the reason to why I broke up with you is something else?”

You could sense that he was taken back from your sudden outburst, which turned him silent for a few short seconds, “You didn’t break up with me and yes I think there is something else behind your behavior,” he let out in the end.

“Well, you’re wrong,” you stated, “I did break up with you and it wasn’t because of some stupid secret of mine,” you half lied to him, “There is more behind it, Yongguk.”

“Then tell me what it is!” he raised his voice a bit.

“Trust.”

Wh-what?”

“Trust,” you repeated yourself, “Just because you followed after me yesterday and confessed all kind of things, doesn’t mean that I trust you again.”

Jin-

“I don’t trust people easily, Yongguk,” you cut him off, “And if anyone should have known that then it’s you.”

Those words that left your mouth weren’t just a cover up from the truth that you were hiding, but they were true too. A simple apology and a desperate kiss can’t bring back everything to how it was before. You have always found it difficult to trust people and once you do, you want them to keep their word of never letting you down. Something Yongguk failed with.

You have never been an easy girl in any kind of way and how much your friends have changed you into a better person, that particular quality is one thing no one can ever change. Your stubbornness and your pride.

I can fix that.”

You let out an ironic laugh, “No you can’t.”

That short ironic laugh that left your nostrils was directed to you too. You knew that Yongguk couldn’t make you trust him again because such a thing requires a lot of effort and time. Time… He definitely couldn’t do it in such a short amount of time like four days.

Yes, I can and I will because I need you back in my life as soon as possible,” he answered stubbornly.

Your heart ached from his desperate call but you couldn’t give up, “Just… stop it now. I’m done talking to you so if you excuse me-”

“One last question,” he said out of the blue.

“What now?”

So this whole thing has nothing to do with you moving back to the States?

In that second, your world crashed. You dropped your phone and brought your hands up to your mouth.

He really found out…

It was over. Your secret was exposed at it was only a matter of time till your friends would find that out. Your whole body started shaking and as much as you wanted, you failed keeping your cool. Slowly but surely you were freaking out and you didn’t know what to say to Yongguk.

“Yongguk,” you whispered and widened your eyes before picking up your phone from the floor.

Jin Ah, tell me that everything is just a lie and that you are not going anywhere!” you heard him once you brought the device to your ear, “Tell me that you aren’t going anywhere ‘cause you can’t!

“So what if I am?! What are you going to do?” you raised your voice a few octaves.

I will cancel that departure, you are not going anywhere. You are staying here with me!” he answered in the same tone.

“Oh get over yourself, Yongguk,” your heart broke into pieces but you had to be realistic, “This isn’t some kind of fairytale! Things can’t be fixed that easily so just please stop imagining impossible scenarios in your head!”

“Everything is possible…” he lowered his voice.

“Everything but this,” you said coldly, “Now please, if you really…” you gulped once as your tears threatened to come out, “If you really l-…love me, then don’t say anything to anyone. Please.”

And without waiting for him to say anything else, you ended the call just in time as you heard your mother’s voice calling for you from the hallway. She was home.

Quickly you dried your tears and fixed your clothes and hair before going out and greeting your mother. Another one of those evenings, where you had to pretend like nothing is going on, was waiting for you.

 

***

 


The next day you felt like . You couldn’t sleep all night long from all the thoughts of Yongguk and you couldn’t stand it. Instead of just leaving you alone as you planned, he didn’t give up easily. You would have been glad that he was doing this if you weren’t in the situation you were in right now. But unfortunately you were and his behavior and actions only made it more difficult for you.

You indirectly asked your mother about the news that she spread and it was indeed true. It was her who told Yongguk’s mother about everything so no wonder he knows now.

Since the truth was out, you couldn’t do anything about it than pray to God that Yongguk doesn’t tell anything to anyone. You just had to try and do the best out of the situation and right now the best thing was to avoid any kind of contact with him or even your friends. That was a horrible idea since you didn’t have so much time left to be with them but today you just couldn’t. Especially now that the information is out.

Instead, you stayed home and helped your mother pack some stuff from the kitchen. That would also help your mind get away from all those thoughts that tortured you throughout the entire night.

“Jin Ah, can you bring me the vacuum cleaner from my room?” your mother asked as she put some pots in a huge box.

“Sure,” you walked away and brought her what she asked for.

“Thanks,” she smiled and looked at you once.

You arched one eyebrow in confusion, “What?”

“Nothing,” she shook her head while smiling.

“No, tell me why you are smiling at me like that!”

She laughed and looked at you again, “I don’t know. It just feels like… ever since you came back from the States, you act more mature and also you don’t talk about skating so much anymore!”

You gave her an odd look and crossed your arms, “Keep dreaming, mom. I will always love skateboarding so don’t even try. I’m just not in the mood these days.”

Her face fell right away as she rolled her eyes and shook her head, “And just when I thought…”

“Yeah, yeah,” you cut her off before she could talk away. All of the sudden you heard your door bell ringing. Your mother looked at you with raised brows and nodded towards the door. “Alright I will take that,” you held your hands up in the air and headed out towards the hallway.

Once you opened the door you were greeted by two very happy faces.

“Jin Ah!”

You widened your eyes at Amber and JB and quickly closed the door behind you so they wouldn’t see any of your moving boxes or even your mother who was so good at spreading information.

“What are you guys doing here?” your eyes wandered from the one to the other.

“We are here to check up on you,” Amber crossed her arms from your reaction.

“And to take you out,” JB added, “There is so much to catch up on.”

“Oh,” you laughed nervously while scratching the back of your neck, “Yeah…”

“Let me guess, you’re busy again,” Amber rolled her eyes.

Just then your mother’s vacuum cleaner was heard from inside, saving you from the awkward moment.

“Yes, in fact. My mom and I are cleaning the whole household and the house is a mess at the moment so I can’t leave her alone now,” you said in one go, mentally praising yourself for such a good cover up.

“Really?” JB’s face fell.

“Yeah, sorry guys,” you gave them an apologetic look, “But I will call you once we are finished. It can be tonight or tomorrow!”

“Alright, but make sure to do that. I don’t want to chase after you,” Amber gave you an annoyed look.

“I promise,” you laughed.

“Look at you smiling again,” JB pointed out in surprise, earning a punch on his shoulder from Amber.

That’s when something behind them caught your attention. Yongguk walked out of his house and stopped in his track once he saw you standing with JB and Amber. You mentally cursed everything alive because this was the exact situation you have been trying to avoid. Amber and JB noticed your stare and followed your look before they caught sight of Yongguk too.

Amber arched her eyebrows at you, “How is it going by the way?”

“It’s complicated,” you let out in a breath, “Listen guys, I really need to return back to the cleaning so I will just call you once I’m done. Now, no matter what he says or does, do not go near Yongguk okay?”

JB gave you an odd look but shrugged it off, “Alright, just don’t ditch us this time!”

“I won’t,” you shook your head and slowly opened your door. You threw a last glance towards Yongguk, who was still looking at you, and quickly entered the house as JB and Amber walked away.

Once you walked into the kitchen again, your mother turned off the gadget she was using and looked at you with curious eyes.

“Who was that?”

“Just some random street sellers,” you lied and returned to your task.


 

***

 


Yongguk’s P.O.V

She always gets what she wants and I have nothing against it. I want Jin Ah to be as happy as possible and I will make sure she is but this situation she is in, is not making her happy at all. In fact, it’s just killing her mentally and emotionally just like me. Both of us are hurting because of it and I’m not going to let this destroy everything we had.

I’m going to do whatever it takes to keep her here with me. Even if it means to swallow my pride in some situations like this one right now.

My eyes followed the two figures that walked away from Jin Ah’s house and they clearly avoided my face. I put one of my hands in front of my mouth before putting two fingers inside and whistling as loud as possible. Just as a reflex, their head turned my way and I could read from Amber’s lips that she cursed both of them.

I mentioned with my index and middle finger for them to walk up to me but I could already sense they wouldn’t cooperate that easily. I rolled my eyes but had to keep calm for Jin Ah’s sake.

Instead of waiting for them to come or even walk away, I didn’t hesitate to take a few steps forward till I was by the road.

“I need help,” I whispered loud enough for them to hear.

Both of them furrowed their eyebrows and exchanged looks.

“Serious help,” I added and that’s when they turned back towards me again.

“And what makes you think we will help you with whatever you need help with?” Amber asked arrogantly.

“It’s about Jin Ah,” I said right away, “So if you really care about her, like I do, then you will follow me inside so we can talk and try to fix this huge problem.”

“We are not going to help you with something you have screwed up,” JB spat out just like I expected.

“Trust me, it’s bigger than our fight,” I put my hands in my pockets and my heel to walk back to my house. “Come on, time is ticking.”

I could hear Amber mumble something behind my back but right after that I heard their footsteps too.

Step one, accomplished. Now time to fix everything, make Jin Ah stay and earn her trust back because I need my girl back.


 


A/N: Just because this story is coming to an end (AAAAH I WANT TO CRY) doesn't mean that bangAcy is gone! ;D
I'm starting a new fanfic feautring Yongguk and Himchan as the main guys! 
It's called A Race to My Heart 
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/545928
I will update it as soon as the final chapter to MEMLITS is out. 

DO CHECK IT OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK! I have big plans for it :)