Chapter 33

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

***


The wheels rolled perfectly down the ramp before they switched path towards another direction on their way up to the final cope. After jumping up on the ramp you pushed the skateboard with your right foot upwards and caught it with your hands.  The contestant that was competing against you was a couple of seconds slower than you so the crowd started applauding after she jumped onto the final cope too.

The two of you exchanged smiles while shaking your hands and walked to your respective group. The judges wrote their grades on their pads that showed up on a huge screen. You high-fived Amber after seeing that you got a couple of eight’s and nine’s out of ten.

“Impressive noona. I never doubted in your skills!” Zelo did a thumbs up.

You winked and turned to the rest of the group. “Who is up next?”

Youngjae raised his hand before running away to a list where all the participants’ names were written on. During the festival there will be different stations with different kind of competitions and categories. Everyone decided that you would participate in majority of the categories and at the same time so you don’t need to go and look after each other the whole time. Youngjae ran back before pointing towards himself and Jongup. Both of them widened their eyes which made the whole group laugh.

“Good luck then,” Amber patted Jongup’s back and nodded toward Youngjae.

“We can’t compete against each other!” Youngjae protested.

“And why not?” you crossed your arms.

“Because we are friends?”

You rolled your eyes and pushed him towards the ramp. “Jongup, can you please this chicken to the ramp?”

Jongup smiled while shaking his head, “Come on Youngjae, let’s get over with this. Everything is just for fun anyways!”

“Excuse yourself but no! It’s cash we are talking about,” he kept on protesting while the two of them walked away with their skateboard in their hands.

“That guy is still hoping to win,” commented Himchan.

“So what?” Luna cocked her head upwards.

“Luna, it’s impossible to win this. This is huge okay? Skaters from around the world are competing here and we came here just to have a nice time,” Himchan pushed her head slightly.

“Almost impossible.”

Everyone turned their head towards Yongguk’s voice. He was leaning against the wall while listening to your conversation in silence.

“Why almost?” Zelo joined him by the wall.

“Nah, nothing,” he smirked.

You arched your eyebrow and walked after Zelo. “So you are saying that you can win this whole thing?”

“I didn’t say that but now that I think about it… yeah, why not?”

“You’re impossible,” you rolled your eyes once again. At that, Yongguk straightened himself and took a step closer to you. He looked into your eyes and this position was all too familiar to you. The two of you have been facing each other like this many times in both good and bad terms. But this time you didn’t feel any challenging or cocky aura from him. The only thing his eyes told you was… lust.

“Alright, déjà vu right in front of our eyes,” said Daehyun out of nowhere, clearly referring to the first time when you faced Yongguk in the skate park after you won over him.

“Nope,” you shook your head, “Not in the mood for this.”

You knew that Yongguk didn’t even plan to argue with you but whenever you saw his face, you thought about JB. You felt guilty for everything and hated yourself for leading him the wrong way. You wanted to see him and talk to him but he was clearly avoiding you. You saw JR in the morning and talked to him for a bit. He told you that JB was feeling down and didn’t want to talk about it.

He was one of your best friends and you didn’t want to lose him just like that but if he needed some time away from you then you respect that too. You turned around on your heels and went up to Amber, leaving a confused Yongguk behind. Confused from your sudden action. Just then, Jongup and Youngjae skated back towards you with curious eyes. Everyone started face palming themselves because they didn’t watch them at all. You were too caught up in the conversation that you forgot about the other two.

“Oh man, thanks a lot guys,” Jongup said sarcastically after reading everyone’s faces.

“We can’t handle so much support, really,” added Youngjae.

“Shut up both of you and wait for the results to show up on the screen,” Amber glared at both of them. Even though the whole group was wrong for not watching them, she still kept her cool.

When the numbers showed up, both of them high fived because they did equally good except that Jongup had one or two points more.

 

 

***

 

 

“I’m so tired and hungry,” Zelo complained while everyone headed towards the hotel at the end of the day.

“We should buy some take outs and head to the beach that is located beside the skatepark,” Daehyun suggested.

“How do you know about that beach?” asked Amber curiously.

“Youngjae and I skated around the area yesterday when everyone was asleep,” he explained.

“Yeah and the beach is huge!” added Youngjae.

It was nice weather and even during night, it was hot so you liked the idea of having a meal at the beach. “I’m in!” you smiled towards them.

“Sweet,” Daehyun nodded before turning towards the others with raised eyebrows.

You saw Luna hit Himchan with her elbow at which he responded by jumping up in horror and look at Daehyun. “Okay, we can do that,” he smiled before turning to Luna and flicking her head slightly.

I’ll so make you tell everyone about this later.

“You go ahead, I’ll join you later on,” said Yongguk out of nowhere.

You furrowed your brows at him, “Where are you going?”

“My dad wanted to spend some time with me,” he shook his head because after everything he still had a hard time letting him into his life again, which is totally understandable.

“Oh, okay.”

“I don’t know about you guys, but I want to go for a swim too so I’m going to change to something else before we go and buy the food,” Amber raised her hand and walked past everyone, towards the hotel.

“I like that idea,” Jongup nodded and followed her.

That made everyone agree with them and follow their actions.

 

***

 

After quickly putting on your bikini under your shorts and oversized tank top, all of you gathered in front of the hotel again and headed towards the nearest take out place.

Everyone ordered what they wanted to eat and started walking in the directions of the beach. The atmosphere was nice. There was no wind and even though it was night, the skatepark was filled with people who enjoyed the festival.

Because of all of your tiredness, you decided to take it slow the first couple of days. Even at the beach, you could see couples and families enjoying every free second they had. When all of you settled down on your blankets, Himchan suggested to take a swim so you can later eat in peace and just talk to each other.

The water was prefect, not too cold or too warm, so swimming around and messing with the others took a bit longer than planned. But no one minded, except Zelo who was literally starving at the moment. He was whining like a little kid so all of you had to go out from the water and take out the food.

Not long after you started eating, you noticed Yongguk from afar. He was walking towards you with his phone in his hand.

“Are you happy now?” Luna asked Zelo irritated.

Zelo didn’t answer but just took another bite of his food while smiling in satisfaction.

“So…” you started off, getting everyone’s attention. You eyed Himchan and Luna and they understood what you wanted right away. “I think we should open up a bit for each other.”

Amber gave you an ‘are you crazy look’ just when Yongguk walked up to the group and took a seat right beside you, making Youngjae move a bit to the side to give him some space.

“Time to reveal some secrets?” he asked with a very interested look on his face. “This will be fun.”

As a reflex, you reached out for his food that you bought and handed it over to him. He naturally accepted the bag and started opening everything. You handed over a plastic fork which he accepted with a smile that warmed your whole body. You did have a nice time before he came but now that he is right beside you, made everything much better. Even the food that you ate tasted better than before.

“Did you have fun with your father?” you asked him while the others discussed about the game that everyone was about to play.

“I don’t know,” he shrugged, “There is no way a couple of days can make up to all the years he wasn’t there for me. I need some more time.”

You nodded at that before turning towards the others to see if they were ready just to be greeted by seven very curious and questioning pair of eyes. Yongguk looked up from the food he just prepared and was taken aback by everyone’s glares.

There was a short silence before Youngjae cleared his throat once.

“Did we miss something?” Amber asked both of you with her eyes boring a hole through your face.

“The two of you are acting strange,” Daehyun pointed towards you.

You tried to keep calm and not give away you two by holding a poker face and looking away from them. You decided to let Yongguk handle this whole situation. He started everything in the first place.

“Maybe,” Yongguk said in the end before putting a nice piece of chicken in his mouth.

His answer was everything but the answer you were looking for. It took you off guard that you accidently spilled your drink all over you while looking at him in disbelief.

“I knew it!” Zelo fist bumped the air. “Are the two of you finally dating?!”

You looked at Zelo and opened your mouth to say something but you couldn’t find the right words to say. You didn’t even have an answer to his question. Are we really dating?

“Are you serious?” Amber asked, cutting you off even though you weren’t saying anything.

During this whole question session, Yongguk was just sitting there and enjoying his food while smiling in satisfaction. You made a grimace at him and hit him with your elbow. You then turned towards Himchan and Luna, whose eyes were bigger than their original size, and pointed towards them.

“They have something to tell you.”

The whole group turned their attention towards Himchan and Luna and waited for them to start talking. You exhaled deeply in relief and pinched Yongguk once for doing such a thing to you. He squealed in pain and gave you a death glare.

“You know what. I don’t care!” Himchan raised his voice bringing your attention towards him. “Yes, we do have something to tell you. A very important thing.”

Everyone exchanged looks before looking at Himchan again.

“Me and Luna are dating,” he simply informed.

“What?!” Daehyun let out in disbelief.

“Yes, and I don’t care if you guys improve of it or not,” he continued, “This girl makes me happy with anything she does and if someone doesn’t like the fact that we are together then please ignore it and leave us alone.”

Luna nodded slightly in agreement and everyone else was silent, slowly taking in the information they got. Himchan turned towards Luna and asked her if she was thirsty before filling up a plastic glass with juice and handing it over to her.

“Wow…” Jongup was the first one to break the silence. “Didn’t see that one coming.”

Himchan just shrugged and looked at Yongguk. He on the other hand just smiled and nodded once towards his best friend.

“Hyung, I totally approve of your relationship,” Zelo did a thumbs up.

“Me too,” Youngjae mimicked his action.

“You know what,” Amber spoke finally after being silent for a couple of minutes, “Congratulations you two,” she smiled and pushed Luna slightly to the side and towards Himchan.

Eventually, everyone started giving compliments to the two of them and giving them their support. Himchan and Luna smiled widely in relief because this was a moment they feared the most but it was finally over and they could be with each other without worrying if someone sees them or not.

“We are dating too!” out of jealousy, Yongguk interrupted everyone with a loud and determined voice. Everyone looked at him now and he decided to continue, “Me and Jin Ah are now officially dating.”

The heat from your body started collecting in your face, making you turn a few shades redder. You gulped down your saliva and smiled nervously at the others, still as speechless as before.

“Like I said, I knew it!” Zelo fist bumped the air once again, “I thought that this day would never come.”

“Hyung, really?” Jongup blinked a couple of times.

“Yes,” he threw a glance towards you, “It happened recently so even Jin Ah, as you can see, is still under shock.”

“Well she isn’t the only one then,” commented Amber with a glare, “Even though everyone saw the attraction between the two of you from the whole beginning, how did your personalities match in the end?”

“We don’t know either,” you shook your head, finally saying something after this entire time.

“Jin Ah, you have my support!” Luna said with a huge smile.

“I think everyone supports them, Luna,” corrected Daehyun, “I think that everyone saw this coming too. I would be disappointed if nothing happened between these two.”

“Totally agree with you,” Himchan nodded.

“Now,” Youngjae shouted out of nowhere, “Tell us how everything happened.”

You looked at Yongguk and put your hand over his mouth so he wouldn’t say something he shouldn’t, and decided to summarize most of the things because in your opinion some of the things should stay only between you and him. Your boyfriend.

 

***

 

The rest of the night was spend with more food and chatter. You shared a couple of more secrets and talked more about the two new couples in your group, tomorrow’s competition, and even JB and JR.

“You know what, it doesn’t even matter if I can’t win this whole thing,” Youngjae took a sip from his glass, “But I would be happy if anyone from our group, or JB and JR, won. It’s still something huge you know.”

Himchan shook his head and laughed at him before looking at you. “Jin Ah can you pass me the bottle of juice behind you,” he pointed.

“Sure,” you turned around and lifted the bottle up and before you even knew it, thanks to the sloppy screwed lid, all the cold liquid that was inside the bottle was now all over your body. You inhaled dramatically from the cold juice that splashed all over you and widened your eyes. “Stupid !”

Everyone started laughing at your clumsiness and Yongguk was no exception but he took immediately off his t-shirt and started wiping away everything.

“No juice for you then, Himchan,” you joked away the embarrassment.

“I’ll just ask someone else to get me the other bottle,” he then turned to Youngjae and wiggled with his eyebrows.

Even though you and Yongguk tried to wipe and dry away most of the drink, most of it was soaked up by your clothes and you hated it. Even the sugar in the drink started having its own life by feeling sticky. You rolled your eyes and decided to run back to the hotel and take a quick shower. You jumped up and told everyone that you would be right back before heading towards your room.

 

***

 

The perfectly warm water dripped down your body and washed away the shampoo that you rubbed all over your body. A perfectly strong strawberry scent filled the bathroom and gave you peace for the moment. The bathroom wasn’t huge but it wasn’t little either. It had a black and white theme where the faucet and the lock of the toilet seat were black and the rest white. The shower cabin was out of glass where half of it was transparent and the other half was painted black. There was also a piece of plastic drapery that you could put over the transparent part, which you did.

You enjoyed this moment to the fullest when you heard someone open the front door of you room. Only Amber and Luna had the key so you guessed that it must be one of them. Before you entered the bathroom, you picked out some new cloths and in the middle of the shower you realized that you forgot to bring a towel.

“Amber? Luna?” you shouted while you finished showering, “Can someone bring me a towel please?”

There wasn’t a response so you sighed in annoyance but just when you were on your way out, you heard the door slowly open. You smiled from the fact that you didn’t need to run out and bring a towel yourself.

“Just put it beside my clothes okay?” you ordered and waited till you heard the door being closed again.

“I missed you.”

You froze in your spot and your heart started beating at a dangerously fast speed. You widened your eyes at the realization that you almost walked out of the shower while someone else was there. And that someone else was none other than Bang Yongguk.

“W-what are you d-doing here? Get out!” you managed to let out before grabbing the drapery in front of you and wrapping it around your body. Only now, you could see him through the glass.

“I want to take a shower too,” he said in a low voice. He was still half from before when he used his t-shirt to dry you.

“You can’t do it here!” you protested.

“Of course I can,” he smirked and walked towards the cabin.

“Are you serious? Hey, how did you even get inside?!”

“You didn’t lock the door, stupid,” he casually opened the door that was attached to the cabin and entered it as if it was the most natural thing on earth.

Your eyes grew even bigger as you started stepping backwards. The drapery was still around your body and you could see from his expression that it drove him crazy. He smiled towards you and took a step closer, which make you hit the wall beside you.

“What are you doing?” you asked while searching for his eyes in horror.

“What does it look like?”

You would be lying if you said that you didn’t like what you saw in front of you, and you knew that he felt the same. The fact that both of you were totally alone in the shower cabin, one and the other half , activated a lot of hormones in your body. The two of you were standing dangerously close that you could hear and feel his breath on your wet skin. He ran his finger over your arm towards you shoulder before stopping by your neck. You shivered from the contact. In a good way. Slowly he hovered your body with his own and brought his mouth to your neck. You tilted your head to give him more access when suddenly…

“Jin Ah, are you done showering? I need to pee!” Amber shouted while entering your bedroom.


.



 


A/N: 1. Finally back with an update. My time in high school is slowly coming to an end and I'm stressed out as never before. PROM WAS AWESOME! I just want to go back and experience it again. Thank you guys for your nice words and wishes! Now, graduation ceremony is left which is held next wednesday!

2. I just reached over 1000 subs and 100 upvotes. HOW. AWESOME. ISN'T. THAT?!
I LOVE YOU GUYS, I REALLY DO. ❤ Thank you so so so much for your support and for waiting patiently. It means a lot. I'm still not over the fact that I have so many subscribers and upvotes. Wow... somebody pinch me because I'm dreaming. 


Speaking of upvotes. Did you see that this week's most upvoted (featured) story is (or was) a B.A.P story! It's the second B.A.P story every to get featured :D before AFF screwed everything up by accidently feature another story within 24 hours -.- Oh well, still happy to see this progress! :)