Chapter 36

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

 

 

”What are you doing here?” I looked at her with an annoyed yet disgusted face expression. She was smiling innocently at me with her hands linked behind her back.

I could feel my father’s and Subin’s eyes staring at me in confusion but I didn’t care. The moment I heard Gyuri’s name and saw her face, all I could think about is how I didn’t want to be under the same roof as her. Her appearance only means bad things and knowing her well, she had something on her mind. Something I wouldn’t like at all.

“Don’t give me that fake smile and just answer my question,” I said harshly when she didn’t reply. I could express this question in so many other ways with harsher words but with my father and Subin at the table, I tried to control my anger inside of me by being careful with the choice of my words.

“Well.. That was not the reaction I was hoping for,” she said innocently with a pout on her lips.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her in disbelief and shook my head, “Just stop.”

Suddenly I heard Subin clear to get our attention. Both me and Gyuri turned our heads towards her and saw her smile nervously at us.

“So… the two of you know each other?” she tilted her head slightly to the side.

I rolled my eyes so everyone could see it and Gyuri just laughed at the question.

“Yes, auntie. Yongguk and I are really good friends,” she started explaining while taking a seat beside me, “I didn’t know it was his father that you are married to,” she smiled politely towards my father before turning her fake smile back to Subin again, “This is such a nice surprise!”

The shocked expression didn’t leave my face at all and with Gyuri in the same room, it wouldn’t disappear any time soon.

“Well, it really is a surprise,” my father finally spoke and I could see how he felt revealed after receiving this kind of information.

“Gyuri, you should order something too,” Subin suggested and handed her a menu card.

My father and Subin started talking about how they liked the food here and I took the opportunity to kick Gyuri’s out of here.

“Get lost,” I half whispered while looking at her over my shoulder.

“What?” she acted like she didn’t know what I was talking about, “Oppa, why?”

“I told you not to call me that and I also told you to leave me alone,” I spoke through clenched teeth to show her that I was not into some games at all.

“Relax,” it was her who talked in an annoyed tone now, “What is the worst thing that can happen with us hanging around?”

She was clearly planning on acting oblivious the whole evening but unfortunately with the wrong person. I shook my head in anger and jumped up, receiving a horrified look from the two elder in front of me.

“Can you excuse us for a moment?” I asked and didn’t wait for them to answer before grabbing Gyuri by her wrist and dragging her out of the restaurant.

I know that she knew what she was doing and I could sense that this was a part of her stupid plan. As I dragged her after me, she didn’t protest but instead smiled at me. When we walked out of the restaurant I threw her in front of me and watched her with eyes that burned out of fury.

“Did you know about this?!” I shouted, not giving a damn about the people who walked past us. “Did you ing know about this, Gyuri?!”

She blinked a couple of times before clearing , “I… don’t know what you are talking about.”

“Are you ing kidding with me?! Do you think this is a joke?” I stepped closer to her and put my index finger right under her neck.

“Yongguk, calm down.”

“Don’t freaking tell me what to do! I already have a girlfriend you desperate piece of nothing, do you even understand how sick this whole situation is?!”

“No! ‘Cause it’s not!” she shouted back at me for the first time, finally revealing that she knew everything.

I could feel all my blood rush up to my face and I had a really hard time controlling myself to not do something to her I would regret later on. I pushed her to a corner where less people could see us and took a hold of her shoulder.

“Have you gone insane…?” I whispered ironically. “How the can this not be sick?! My father is married to your aunt and you are still not giving up!”

“We are still not related..” she looked down at the ground.

“So what? It’s disgusting!”

“Stop saying that!”

I looked around before turning my gaze back to her, “I don’t ing know what is going on in your mind but this…” I pointed between her and me, “…will never happen, do you understand that? Now, get the out of here while I’m still this calm.”

I turned around to walk away but felt a grip around my wrist, “I bet Jin Ah won’t be as calm as you when she finds out about your plan.”

And that was it. I totally lost my mind once she brought up this, the one thing she was totally not allowed to even mention anymore. I turned around and grabbed her by her clothes before crashing her frame up to a wall and bringing my face dangerously close to hers.

She widened her eyes in fear and gulped down her saliva while watching every of my moves. My breathing was heavy and uneven, one thing that always happens when I’m furious.

“You are not, I repeat not, going to say a about this to anyone, do you understand that? Gyuri, I will make sure to make your life a living hell if that comes out. I’m not going to let a nobody destroy all this that took me a hell of time and energy to reach!”

“I’m not afraid of you, Yongguk,” she spoke after I was done, which made me widen my eyes in disbelief.

“You should, ‘cause I’m death serious! Don’t around with me!”

“You…you broke my heart…”

I watched her sad expression but decided not to fall for another one of her horrible acting. “This is my last warning to you,” I released my grip from her and walked away, leaving her alone in the corner.

I entered the restaurant and headed towards our table just to take my stuff and go back to our hotel.

“Yongguk, where are you going?” my father stood from his seat and watched me with alarmed eyes.

“Out of here,” and without a last ‘good bye’ I walked out of the restaurant and in the direction of the hotel.

 

 

***

 


Your P.O.V

You knocked twice on the door to JR’s and JB’s room and waited for them to open it. You crossed your arms and tapped your foot on the floor while waiting. You heard footsteps from inside, approaching the door before someone finally unlocked it and slowly looked through the small opening between the door and the doorframe. To your surprise it was JR.

“Hey..” you rubbed the back of your neck.

“Oh, Jin Ah!” JR’s face lit up from seeing you, “Come in!” he opened the door wider so you could enter their room.

With slow steps, you moved inside the room and waited for JR to close the door behind you and walk past you. It was quiet so you assumed that he was alone which was a shame because the main reason why you came here was to talk to JB.

“JB is in the shower right now,” he said as if he could read your mind.

“Oh..” you nodded your head and walked over to a single armchair to take a seat.

“I was just about to go and meet up with my father, he wanted to show me something, so I will leave you two alone,” he informed while tying his shoelaces, “You really need to talk to him. He has not been himself lately.”

You didn’t know what to say or how to react to you just nodded your head while eyeing the floor.

“Okay so, gotta go now. See you later!”

“Bye.”

And with that, JR disappeared in no time, leaving you alone in his and JB’s room. You sat in the armchair and played with your fingers while listening to the sound of the water that JB showered with at the moment.

You didn’t really know what you would say to him the moment he enters the room because the only thing that you were thinking of was to talk to him. You wanted to break the awkwardness between the two of you. You wanted your best friend back.

It felt like the time went by really slowly and somehow you began feeling nervous. The thought of JB’s previous reactions from seeing you, made you question about what he would do this time.

“Jin Ah?” a calm voice with a hint of surprise interrupted your train of thoughts.

You looked up just to be greeted by a half- JB standing in the middle of the room with a towel around his neck.

“Hey..” you said and stood on your feet.

“What are you doing here?” he looked away from you while putting a shirt over his upper body. He then took the towel and dried his hair with it.

You stood awkwardly there and didn’t know what to say because you were afraid of hurting him again, and that is the last thing you wanted to do.

“I… I wanted to check up on you…” you said and mentally face-palmed yourself.

He turned around and looked at you with furrowed brows, “Check up on me?”

“No!” you ruffled your hair with your hands and turned to him again, “I didn’t mean like that. I… I just wanted to see you and talk to you,” you confessed.

JB stood there in the middle of the room and watched you with an expressionless face. A couple of seconds passed by without him saying anything. Slowly but surely panic started taking over your mind because all you wanted to do was to make things right again between the two of you.

You watched his tall frame that was standing firmly in front of you. His half wet blond hair was messy which gave him a fresh look. His flawless face that you missed seeing was looking at you with no expression on and that scared you.

“JB?”

The moment he heard you call his name, he looked away and walked back to the bathroom to leave his towel, “I don’t think we need to talk at all. Everything is crystal clear anyway,” he said after a while.

You opened your mouth to tell him that he is wrong, to tell him that you miss him and that he means a lot to you and to tell him that the friendship you two had is very special but the words didn’t want to come out.

“I’m sorry…” you whispered in the end and took a seat on one of the beds which you assumed was JR’s because JB walked back and forth from the other one.

He stopped in his track and looked at you for a moment. You couldn’t control your disappointment that was glued onto your face, making him see it too. He rubbed his temples and took a seat on his own bed that was across the one you were sitting on.

“JB… You are a very special person to me and the friendship we have is more important to me than most of the things in my life,” you started off and he just looked at you while waiting for you to continue, “I don’t want any guy or girl to destroy the thing we had. I was stupid for leading you the wrong way and I hate myself for that. Seeing you getting hurt because of me gave me pain too but I guess I should take it as a punishment. Even though I’m with Yongguk now and should be happy, I’m not because my best friend is ignoring me and I hate that fact too. JB, as cliché as this might sound, you deserve someone better than me and I’m serious. Trust me, you don’t even want to end up with someone like me because I’m a stupid idiot.
I know a simple sorry doesn’t help that much but I want to help you and be here with you. I want to be able to hang out with you and just forget about reality for a moment. I need my buddy back …”

At that point, you had so much more to say to him but decided not to. You needed a reaction from him but he kept on being silent. He looked around at everything but you.

“I’m sorry…” you whispered but there was still no answer from him.

After realizing that he wouldn’t say anything you took a deep breath and stood up from the bed just to throw a last glance at him before heading towards the door.

“Wait…”

You immediately stopped walking and with your back still facing him, you waited for him to say something more.

“I have been thinking lately,” slowly you turned around to see him lower his head. “A lot.”

You bet your lower lip and walked back to your original seat.

“A broken heart can’t heal that fast, that is right, but the pain from being without you tops everything… You may be the stupid one to give me false hopes but I was the even stupider one to believe that you saw me as more than a friend. I was embarrassed after that night and felt like a complete idiot too…” he looked up just to meet eyes with yours, “But I realized that I’m a jerk for ignoring you after that.”

“But yo-“

“Oh shut up, Jin Ah. I ignored you for not liking me back. That is the most ridiculous reason in the history of reasons,” he rolled his eyes and this was the first time you saw a smile creep onto his mouth which made you smile too. “But seriously now… It will take some time to go over the pain completely but I don’t want to go through one more day without hanging around with my buddy.”

Your small smile turned into a huge grin after you heard the last sentence. The JB you knew was slowly turning back.

“And don’t worry, I won’t be in the way when you are with your boyfriend,” he added.

You rolled your eyes and threw a pillow from the bed at him, “Don’t talk about him like you don’t know him.”

He laughed and threw a pillow back, “Hey, I’m the sensitive one here!”

“But big girls don’t cry, darling…”

The two of you started laughing even more from your nonsense. You threw a couple of more pillows back and forth before calming down.

“I missed you…” you said in the end.

“I missed you too.”

You stood up and walked over to him to give him a friendly hug which he warmly accepted.

 

***

 

“!”

“Aish, it’s okay Himchan!” you tapped the elder’s shoulder as he walked back from his turn. “You still made it into the top twenty!”

“Oh well, yeah I guess,” he laughed.

“Hyung, I feel you! Let’s cry together,” Zelo faked a cry. He was out of the competition two rounds before Himchan, making Yongguk the only one left.

“I was so close though,” said Himchan while slightly punching the air.

“Screw everything, for me you will always be the best,” said Luna and kissed him on the cheek which made everyone let out disgusted sounds and lots of ‘no’s.

“Get a room,” commented Daehyun with an annoyed face.

The competition was harder than ever and the rounds became longer in time than the previous ones. Now that both Himchan and Zelo were out and Yongguk the only one left, made everything much more interesting. During today’s competition you skated back and forth from your group to JB’s and JR’s because you wanted to support them too. Unfortunately, JR lost against his opponent with one point, which made even him out of the competition.

While Yongguk skated around the park with Jongup and Youngjae to collect some information before the grand finale, you walked over to JB.

“Where is JR?” you asked while looking around.

“Probably in a corner, crying like a little kid,” JB laughed.

“Hey, that’s mean,” you said but couldn’t hold your laughter either. “Sooo, how does it feel to be one of the finalists?” you raised your brows at JB.

“Nice actually,” he nodded his head with a satisfied look.

“You should be proud of yourself even if you don’t win because… the skaters here are amazing and you won against most of them,” you high-fived him.

“Yeah, I guess.”

“How many went on to the finale?”

“Five, and they are ing experts at this,” he shook his head.

“All of them?” you teased.

“No, not your boyfriend.”

You rolled your eyes and hit him jokingly in the shoulder. “We can just wait and see until tomorrow.”

 

***

 

“Knock, knock,” you called out after opening the door to Yongguk’s room.

No one answered which meant that he wasn’t there at the moment. After a little hesitation you decided to go in and wait for him to come back. You looked around and spotted a door that lead to a balcony. Without a second thought you walked over to it and opened the door to step through it and out on the small balcony. From there you had the most beautiful view of half of the skatepark and a bit of the sea.

After today’s competition and before tomorrow’s grand finale, you wanted to be with Yongguk and give him some motivation. Although he didn’t like to confess it, you knew that this competition was important to him. Whenever everyone talked about a fun trip to the U.S, he would always be quiet and not share his opinion. You didn’t want to question about it because the answer was pretty obvious to you, so you just decided to support him in whatever he did.

“Boo!”

You jumped up from the sudden hands that grabbed your lower back and the voice that basically whisper yelled in your right ear. You turned around with terrified eyes and saw Yongguk grin at you like a little child.

“Aish, is this how you greet people?” you made a grimace at him and jokingly pushed him away.

“Not people… Only you,” he winked which earned a death glare from you because that was everything but funny. “Okay, okay. I’m sorry, just don’t kill me with that stare.”

“Damn right,” you nodded upwards and turned back to look out over the skatepark.

“What is my girl doing?” he hugged you from behind and rested his head on top of yours.

“Nothing. I came here to be with you, where were you anyway?”

“With my dad,” he sighed, “He wanted to talk to me about yesterday and why I left the restaurant out of nowhere.”

“You did that?” you widened your eyes and turned around to face him, “Why?”

He blinked a couple of times before shaking his head, “Long story but nothing to worry about, really.”

You watched him with suspicious eyes and he flicked your forehead, “I said nothing to worry about!”

“Okay, okay,” you rolled your eyes before walking past him and into the room. “What did you think of… your dad’s new wife?” you asked as the two of you entered the room.

“Still don’t like her,” he walked with you over to his bed and took a seat beside you.

“Really? Why?” you tilted your head.

“Just because,” he made a face, “Did everything go well with JB, by the way?”

“Yes,” you smiled widely, “We are back on track again.”

“Hey, what’s that smile all about?” he pointed with his index finger towards you which made you change your smile into another of your glares towards him. “And that is not fair.”

“Like I care,” you smirked.

He turned his whole body so he could face you while sitting and grabbed your shoulders, “You better care, Jin Ah baby. Or…”

“Or what?” you asked arrogantly and before you even knew it you were pushed down on the bed with Yongguk right on top of you.

You widened your eyes at him but none of you moved an inch. His eyes didn’t leave yours and his hands that once were on your shoulders, slowly captured your face. Slowly but surely he lowered his head down and brought his lips extremely close to yours without touching them. The hormones inside of you started their own little journey making your whole body really warm. Yongguk’s plumb lips that were close to yours without touching them, made you insane so the next thing you knew was you grabbing his face and crashing your lips together.

Your wet lips danced perfectly against each other with your tongues battling about dominance. The kiss was rough yet passionate in its very own way and you loved it. You loved the feeling of being in Bang Yongguk’s arms with his lips on top of yours. You loved the fact that that guy was only yours and you had him all by yourself. You even loved the fact that one second you could be cocky and arrogant towards each other and the other second all caught up in a make out session.

Yongguk broke the kiss and looked straight into your eyes. His eyes were screaming lust and so did yours and that was something you couldn’t let happen… yet.
You kissed him quickly on his lips before pushing him off and jumping off his bed.

“Need to go, see you tomorrow!” before he could say anything else, you opened the door and ran towards your room.

 

 

 


A/N: Just wanted to tell you guys that I wrote a couple of drabbles based on B.A.P's COFFEE SHOP teaser. 
You can check them out here:
 http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/477278/coffee-shop-members-drabbles-yongguk-zelo-himchan-jongup-bap-daehyun-youngjae