Chapter 22

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

 

 

”What?!” Yongguk shouted after he was silent during the whole ride to the skatepark.

“You have to see this! You have to talk to them, come on!” Zelo dragged him over to the entrance and after exchanging looks, you and Himchan followed the two of them.

It was quite crowded in front of the skatepark and people there weren’t in the best mood. There were some guys who were standing and shouting at the people inside the park while other complained among each other. Some girls were annoyed but they accepted the thought somehow.

“Oh man, this is so unnecessary,” you heard some guy from behind talking to someone else.

“The skate hall is on the other side of Seoul and I don’t want to go there,” said another one.

You squeezed through the crowd and walked up to the entrance, where you were greeted by Zico, Yukwon and some other guys who were with them.

“Z, the heck is going on?” asked Yongguk as he looked through the tall grey gate.

“The park is under reconstruction,” he sighed and shook his head.

“What, now?! Are you ing with me or what?!” he blurted out as he pounded on the gate. “Hey, open the skate park right now. We don’t need some reconstruction!” he shouted to the oblivious workers inside.

You peaked inside and saw a couple of trucks and other industrial vehicles. The workers had orange and yellow vests with matching helmets. Just then, your friends called after you as they arrived. Their faces where shocked and JB ran immediately up to you. He stood right next to Yongguk and started shouting at the workers in sync with the others.

“This can’t be true,” said Amber as she approached you and scanned around the place. You took a couple of steps back from the gate and turned towards Amber.

“Why now? They can’t do this to us,” Luna tramped on the ground aggressively.

“But they did,” you replied.

Zelo looked totally destroyed while the others tried to convince the workers that this park didn’t need a makeover although the result of the nagging was obvious. No-one will listen to them. From the corner of your eyes you saw JR talking to someone on the phone and just minutes after that he walked up to you.

“One month,” he rubbed his temples. “They will try to finish this in one month.”

“Who did you talk to?” you asked him.

“My dad. He talked with the owner of the skatepark just minutes ago. He decided to fix the park a little bit because he earned some money after the last big competition,” he explained.

“Yeah, yeah that’s nice,” Amber waved with her hand, “But totally wrong timing!”

“We can’t do much about this,” he said and went over to JB to drag him away from the gate.

JR talked to everyone who were standing by the entrance and shouting at the workers before Zico turned around and told the information to everyone who was standing outside the park. The people didn’t like what they heard but they had to accept the fact. One after one left the place and went home or somewhere else. You took a seat on the sidewalk and crossed your legs. When the crowd disappeared and the mood became calmer, Himchan walked up to you with Zelo and Luna.

“No skatepark then,” said Zelo totally ruined.

“It’s not the end of the world Zelo,” you tried to comfort him. “One month will go fast.”

“So will the summer break.”

You rolled your eyes and looked at Himchan and Luna.

“We can go to the skate hall,” Luna suggested.

“It’s on the other side of the city, one of the reasons why we are never there,” Himchan pushed her head slightly and turned to you, “Let’s just skate around the city, I bet Jin Ah hasn’t seen everything.”

You raised an eyebrow as the rest of your friends walked up to the four of you.

“That sounds as an awesome idea!” said Daehyun excitedly.

“So?” Himchan turned to you and you looked at everyone else to see their reactions.

To your surprise everyone seemed interested and because you didn’t have anything else to do today, you just nodded your head in agreement.

“Nice,” Himchan smiled and JR who were closest to you stretched out his hand to help you up.

“So are we going home now?” asked Yongguk with a slight irritation in his voice as he walked up to the group. That’s when everyone started exchanging looks.

“Hyung, we are going to hang out and skate around the city with Jin Ah, want to come with us?” Zelo invited him.

Yongguk looked from one person to another when his eyes landed on your face he smirked and shook his head.

“I don’t have time for this bullsh-“

“Oppa!” everyone including JR flinched from the sudden high pitched voice coming from afar. You saw Yongguk roll his eyes before turning around to meet Gyuri.

JR didn’t even wait for anyone and slowly started walking into one direction, making the others follow him. You picked up your skateboard while Amber waited for you and started walking after your friends.



Yongguk’s P.O.V

I’m really pissed right now, especially after the news about the skatepark and an annoying Gyuri is the last thing I wanted to deal with. I turned around after she called me and gave her a death glare.

“Oppa, I heard the skate park is closed for now,” she pouted with her lips. “What a shame… Want to go on a date with me?” she changed her voice to a more exciting one in a millisecond.

“No,” I simply answered.

“Oh,” she looked down to the ground, “It’s okay, we can hang out here if you want,” she suggested instead.

“I don’t want to, Gyuri,” I said coldly and turned around but she stopped me by grabbing my hand tightly.

“Oppa I miss you,” she hugged me from behind, “and we had a deal!”

“A deal?!” I turned around and pushed her off of me. “Gyuri, we didn’t have a deal. It was me telling you to never talk about the you heard and that’s what you’re going to do, understand?” she widened her eyes, “And I don’t need to do a ing thing to make up to you because I never said I will, so get out of here before I lose my mind and take all the anger inside of me out on you.” I said harshly and turned around.

“But oppa-“

I looked at her again over my shoulder which cut her off and pointed at her, “And don’t call me oppa! I hate it,” and with that I started walking into the same direction as the others went to.

“Yongguk… you’ll regret this sooner or later,” she whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear it.

“Go home Gyuri,” was the last thing I said before jumping up on my skateboard and skating after the others. At first I didn’t want to join them but then I remembered my plan.

Make Jin Ah fall in love with me.

 

 


***

 



Your P.O.V

“Here is the main central library. Only nerds hang out here during summer,” informed Himchan as the whole group skated after him.

“Hey! There is nothing wrong with smart people,” defended Youngjae.

“Ehm, actually yes if it is during summer break and they use the time to… read and study something they don’t have to..” said Jongup calmly which made Youngjae throw a punch in the air to scare him away.

Somewhere in the beginning of your tour, Yongguk joined the group which made everyone curious to why he came after he refused on coming in the first place. You ignored his presence and listened to Himchan, the guide, throughout the whole ride.

“It’s so hooot. I want some ice cream,” wined Luna.

The day, as every other summer day, was hot and there were no clouds on the sky allowing the sun to reach your bodies without any problem.

“I know a nice place with the most delicious ice cream!” said Daehyun in excitement.

“Then take us to it! Please!!” Luna pulled on his shirt.

“Follow me!”

No one said against that idea and followed Daehyun. Some ice cream on this hot summer day would be nice. The original plan of the day was to hang out at the skate park and be lazy but now the plan was changed and will be changed for the rest of the month. JB didn’t like the news at all and he had a hard time accepting that fact. He skated next to Youngjae with JR, while the three of them tried to come up with some solution to fix this problem.

“Let’s grab some ice cream then, but we will continue this trip after,” warned Himchan with a serious face which everyone ignored.

“Oh shut up now and come,” Luna punched his shoulder.

A couple of blocks away was the ice cream shop that Daehyun talked about. The whole group went inside and tried to decide on which flavor to buy. You took the first most exotic flavor on the list and after receiving your ice cream and thanking the cashier, you went out because the shop was packed with people and you wanted to wait outside.

Not long after that, the next person came out and to your surprise it was Yongguk. He was holding his skateboard under his right arm and his cap in his right hand while eating his ice cream from the left hand. He was looking at you with that expressionless face of his and stood on the other side of the door. Even after you looked away a couple of times, his eyes didn’t leave you making you panic inside. You continued on eating the cold and sweet consistence, cursing everyone inside the ice cream shop for being so damn slow.

“You look cute while eating that ice cream,” Yongguk said out of nowhere with a teasing tone. You just rolled your eyes and continued on what you were doing. “So cute that I want to offer you mine,” he stretched out his arm making you turn your head towards him.

You had to admit that the gesture he made was pretty adorable but still kind of awkward. You made a confused face at him and just shook your head.

“What an ungrateful little girl,” he laughed through his nose.

And that was it. You really couldn’t ignore him anymore. You just had to clear some things out. “What do you want from me?” you asked harshly, “Ever since the day from the beach, you wouldn’t leave me alone!”

“Hey, I’m just trying to be nice,” he faked a shocked expression.

“Nice? Why would you do that?!”

“Because I want to.”

You closed your eyes for a moment to calm down before looking at him again, “What did you say to my father yesterday?” you asked instead.

“Nothing, just said that you could be with me if you want to be in the skatepark. I helped you with your curfew,” he winked.

“Helped?” you stared laughing dramatically before turning your face into a serious one, “It was my last day you idiot!”

“Ops,” he smiled, “Still stuck with me.”

“Yeah smartass, the skatepark is closed now anyway.”

He widened his eyes in realization and looked away. Just then, Himchan and Jongup walked out of the shop with the rest behind them. Everyone enjoyed their ice cream and started walking around the neighborhood.

“We failed,” said JB in disappointment when he finished off his ice cream.

“Failed with what?” you arched your eyebrows.

“We didn’t find any solution to stop the reconstruction,” he sighed.

You just laughed because you knew they would fail and tapped his back. “One month will go by really fast.”

He smiled and nodded. “What should we do now?” he asked.

“I know!” shouted Zelo from behind. “Hyung, you know Mrs. Yang?” he turned to Yongguk and smiled widely, “She is in Busan now, visiting her grandchildren and her pool is totally empty. Do you understand… where my thoughts…are going?”

It took Yongguk a minute to understand what he meant before a smirk crept onto his face. “You little piece of ,” he laughed and put Zelo into a headlock.

“No way!” Jongup started laughing with them and clapped his hands. “We should totally do this!”

“Are you kidding guys?” JR widened his eyes but Yongguk and Zelo already started skating away. “I guess not,” he looked at the others and one by one shrugged.

“Aish come on! We don’t have anything better to do,” said Amber and pushed JR forward.

“But my tour?!” shouted Himchan after everyone.

Youngjae walked up to him and started waving with his hands around to calm him down. He put his finger over his lips and shook his head. “Come on now.”

“Time to be the bad kids again,” smiled JB and pushed your cap over your face.

You put the cap back to its original place, “Are we really going to skate in a stranger’s pool?”

“Yeap!” and with that, the two of you followed the rest.




 

***

 

 

“I thought that I was crazy, but hey… you totally beat me!” you laughed when you sneaked up to the pool in the backyard of Mrs. Yang’s house and saw the guys immediately jumping into it.

“We do this from time to time, but we need to be quiet because of the neighbors,” informed Youngjae who was standing beside you. “They call the cops every time we are here,” he rolled his eyes, “but we always escape.”

“Sickness,” you laughed but didn’t wait a second to join the rest. Even though it wasn’t okay to do this, it was still fun.

All eleven of you started skating both around and in the pool. It was a huge pool but not big enough so some ended up pushing each other which was followed by hysterical laughs.

You skated up and down the edges and slid through some. To be quite honest, you had a nice time and everyone had fun. A little bit too much fun. After a while you decided to take a break and took a seat on one of the loungers beside the pool. You looked around the backyard and had to admit that it was a nice atmosphere here. Mrs. Yang did a good job by taking care of her backyard. On the other side was a barbecue made out of bricks with small statues around. A real family place.

“Having a nice time?” someone asked, interrupting your thoughts. You looked up and was immediately greeted by Yongguk’s smiling face.

“Actually yes.”

“That’s good. I mean, who doesn’t have fun with Bang Yongguk?”

“Me.”

“But you just sai-“

“Something is up,” you interrupted him.

“What?” he asked confused and took a seat on the lounger beside yours.

“Something is wrong with you. You are acting strangely and I can’t figure out why,” you tilted your head.

“Is being nice wrong?”

“If it is you we are talking about, then yes.”

“Don’t be so harsh on me, Jin Ah baby,” he the lounger so he was facing you. Your knees touched each other and he didn’t hesitate to put your legs in between his. You widened your eyes from this action and tried to break free but he held tightly onto your legs. You felt his strong hard thighs beside them. “You should try to be nice to me too.”

“Yongguk…” you started off in a sweet voice, “Do you remember that little picture that I have in my phone?” you smiled and this time he was the one to widen his eyes. “That’s right.”

“You wouldn’t dare,” he leaned forward and whispered.

“Want to bet?” you followed his actions, taking him of guard. “Don’t think so,” you smiled and took the initiative to break free from his grip and go back to skating with the others.

You knew that something was up with Yongguk because of his change of attitude which has changed significantly and that isn’t normal. But you did enjoy this new side of him. He was somehow weak and small in your eyes which made him cute and adorable in a way. You smiled to yourself while joining the others and jumped up on your skateboard before rolling down the pool.

“Noona watch out!” Zelo skated past you, scaring the out of you. “Sorry!!” he shouted afterwards.

You just smiled and continued. A couple of minutes later, some of you skated while others were standing here and there and chatting. Suddenly Luna half shouted which made everyone look at her.

“The cops!” she was closest to the entrance and saw the car pull by the house.

“!” you heard Amber whisper and waved everyone over to the little path you took to sneak in to the backyard.

“Hey! Remain where you are!” one of the cops shouted and everyone ran to the little path.

You jumped off of your skateboard and picked it up before climbing up the pool. Unfortunately your foot missed the edge, making you fall back into the pool and land onto your back. Everyone has already left and escaped.

“Stay! Hey you!” shouted the cop again.

You stood and climbed over the edge once again before heading towards the path. Your heart was beating like crazy out of fear because you didn’t even wanted to think of the reaction your parents would have if you came home with two cops on each side of you. You saw JB on the other side behind some bushes, waving to you, and just when you wanted to ran out, the cop took a grip onto your arm.

“Where are you going young lady?” he turned you around. He had a very serious expression. The other cop looked around in hope to find someone else. “Where are your friends?”

You were literally speechless. You were so scared that you couldn’t speak at all and your hands started sweating. You had a feeling that your heart was about to explode and all you wanted now was to disappear forever. Sure, you weren’t the nicest girl in the world, but trouble like this was a whole other level. You don’t do stuff like that, stuff that involved the cops.

“I’m talking to you!” the cop brought you back to reality.

From the corner of your eye you saw JB coming out from the bushes further away and walked towards your direction. You wanted to scream and shout at him to run away but didn’t want to bust the others. Just then, you saw him being pushed away by someone else before another person walked the same path. You didn’t want to believe your eyes, but it was definitely Yongguk.

“I see, you refuse to talk. Let’s continue this conversation in our car. Come on,” he said and started pulling you towards their car. The other cop gave up on searching for the others and followed the two of you.

“Hey!” the dark husky voice that you normally hate to hear shouted after the cops and you’ve never been this thankful for that voice as you were now.

Both of the cops turned around and one of them smirked when he saw Yongguk. You all stopped in your track when Yongguk walked up to the three of you. He took determined steps and had an as serious face as the cops.

“Nice to see you again Yongguk,” said the other cop who wasn’t holding you.

“Let her go, she is innocent,” he said harshly.

“You can follow us too then,” said the one who was holding you.

“I said let her go,” he said through his clenched teeth, “It was all my idea and I made her follow me,” he lied.

“Really? How come you didn’t save her?” the cop asked.

Yongguk looked away in anger before turning his gaze back to the cops. “I wasn’t thinking, but I’m here now. Let her go, take me.”

You widened your eyes from his offer and shook your head. He didn’t even look at you because his eyes didn’t leave the cops’.

“She is new in town okay? Just ing let her go and we can have this conversation as usually,” he said and took a couple of steps closer.

“Ms. Kwon won’t be so happy if she sees us again.”

“I don’t care.”

The cops exchanged looks and the one who was holding you, released his grip on you. You let out a breath you didn’t knew you were holding in and looked at Yongguk. He didn’t even look at you as he walked past you and after the cops. You were still standing there and watching the scene on your side a little bit away. You saw them talking with Yongguk whose face didn’t give any emotions and after a couple of minutes he walked back to you and took hold of your hand. He started walking, making you walk behind him with your hands still locked. The two of you passed the cops who entered their car and drove off, and walked a little bit more before he released his grip while still walking.

You didn’t wait a second before asking him, “What the hell happened?”

“Nothing you have to be concerned about,” he looked at you, “You can thank me later,” he winked.

“Jin Ah!” just then you heard Amber and saw her with the others standing across the street.