Chapter 13

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

 

Anger?

That word didn't describe what you felt at all. The feeling you had was ten times more worse and stronger than anger. By just thinking about all the things he had done to you these couple of weeks you have been here, you wanted to rip his perfect face apart. All these teasing moments, arrogant conversations, bossing around, using your friends and just existing, have gone out of hand. All these days you waited for the right moment to get back at him. And that day was finally here. You couldn’t wait any longer. Someone had to show him.

For each step you took, the blood inside of you boiled out of anger. You walked past Mrs Kwon’s room straight towards Yongguk’s. When you were finally in front of the door, you didn’t wait any longer and just pushed the door open, slamming it onto the wall.

And there he was. The , Bang Yongguk. He was lying on the bed with his back facing you. Sleeping in peace and enjoying his beauty sleep, but that wouldn’t last so long. You walked into the room and closed the door behind you so Mrs Kwon wouldn’t hear you. You walked towards his bed and called him.

“Yah, you moron!” you shouted. “Hey! Idiot, wake up!” you kicked the bed but didn’t get any reaction back.

You could almost feel the fire bursting out from your ears. You looked around the room and saw a coke can on the night table. You took it and noticed that there was still some coke left. You didn’t think twice before turning the can over and letting the liquid inside of it, drain over Yongguk’s face. That’s when Mr Perfect reacted.

“What the ?!” he shouted and jumped out of the bed. He looked around and spotted you, “The hell is wrong with you?!” he blurred out while wiping away the drink from his face.

“The hell is wrong with me? Me out of all the people in this ing city?!” you shouted back, “Listen you stupid piece of . I’m the one here who should ask that question!”

Suddenly you saw Yongguk widen his eyes. He absolutely didn’t expect you to be so angry. He didn’t have any idea of what was going on. He is usually the one that has power and people are afraid of. He is usually the one who shouts at people and they will just be quiet and take the . But, you’re not them. Heck, you have never been such a person. You don’t take from others.

“I know, oh I really know that you’re the worst, most selfish, arrogant and respect less living creature on earth,” for each word, you took a step closer, staring right into his eyes, “But what the hell is up with all this ignoring-your-mother ?! Are you really that heartless to let her suffer like that?!”

Yes, you used his mother as an excuse for shouting at him. You didn’t say anything about the other things, not because you didn’t dare, but because you didn’t want to. You didn’t want to show him that his actions had affected you, because you would only make him a favour.   

“I really don’t know what your problem is bu-“

“Woah! Wait a second miss!” he interrupted you, “Who is ignoring who?” he gave you a questioned look.

“Don’t pretend like you don’t know what I’m talking about. Yongguk, I’m not five! Ignoring your mother’s calls just because you’re a lazy er and don’t want to help her,” when you were angry, you really didn’t choose the words you said and just spitted out whatever was on your heart.

“Ignoring my mother?! What the hell are you talking about?” he ran up to his night stand and picked up his phone. He looked through the missed calls, “. I didn’t hear the phone,” he whispered to himself but you could hear it.

“Bull.”

“I really didn’t!” he shouted at you and ran over to the door. He opened it and stuck his head out of the room, “Mom! I’m sorry, but I really didn’t hear your calls!”

“It’s okay Gukkie. Jin Ah helped me! She is such a swe-

Yongguk didn’t even wait for his mother to finish talking and closed the door. He turned around and a smirk was glued on his face. You were speechless. The only thing he wanted was an ‘it’s okay’ from his mother to show you that you overreacted. Which you did, if this was the real reason why you were angry. But you were stubborn and weren’t going to give up so easy.

“Do you really think you can get away with this every single time you do something wrong?” you started of calmly, “Do you really think that just because you are popular and everyone likes you, that you can do whatever you want?” you raised your voice a bit.

“Yeap,” the corner of his mouth slowly turned into a smirk, “In case you didn’t know, I’m Bang Yongguk,” he took a few steps towards you.

That sentence was everything you needed to explode once again.
“What the actual ? Do you know that you are the biggest jerk in town?” you started shouting again, “Your attitude is really getting on my nerves! Well guess what Mr. Best Confidence, I don’t care who you are or what you are, but you can forget that image in front of me. Nothing of that works on me, am I clear enough?!”

Yongguk’s smirk turned into a smile that didn’t reach his eyes. He nodded slightly and approached you even more,“I like it when you are like that,” as he walked towards you, you backed away and took a few steps backwards.

“You’re right, I should get punished,” he almost whispered.

As Yongguk walked closer to you and you walked away from him, you could suddenly feel the window behind you. You were trapped between him and the window. Your eyes didn’t leave his and this nearness did make you nervous once again but you weren’t going to give up yet.

“I don’t have time for your little stupid jokes,” you said harshly in a half whisper, “Get away from me, I warn you.”

“This is not a joke, Jin Ah baby,” he smirked and took hold of one of your wrists. You looked down at his grip and tried to pull away from it but he was holding really hard.

“Take away your hand Yongguk.”

“Why?”

“Because I said so. Take it away or I’ll punch you,” you said through your teeth.

“Go ahead.”

“I swear to God I’ll punch you.”

“Do it. I would love to get punche-“

He couldn’t finish his sentence because you pushed him away, which caught him of guard and made him fall onto the floor. He widened his eyes and tried to come up but something inside of you didn’t want him to, so the next thing you did, shocked you as well as him. You took a step towards him before taking him by his collar and sitting down on his lap.

“I’m serious. I’ll punch you!” you shouted the last sentence.

“Stop talking then and do it!” he held your arms while you were holding him by his collar.

You pushed him down even more and started punching his shoulders. “I ing hate you!” as you hit his shoulders, he didn’t do anything but just watched you while being punched.

“I’m not afraid of you!” you punched and punched until you were out of breath.

Suddenly Yongguk took hold of your wrists to prevent you from continuing. He held your arms apart and glared at you. With an uneven breathing you glanced down at him. He had some kind of expression that you couldn’t really read. The two of you glared at each other a couple of minutes. Neither one of you said something. Yongguk looked at you and your figure, sitting on his lap. That’s when you could feel something poking one of your inner tights. You couldn’t really figure out what it was but after seeing his face and looking down, you got it. You widened your eyes and jumped up.

“Oh my God,” was the only thing that came out of your mouth. You walked away from him and headed towards the door.

Yongguk jumped up as well and ran after you. He stood in front of the door and didn’t let you go.

“Move,” you just shook your head.

“No. Where do you think you are going?” he asked out of nowhere.

“What? Ehm, home maybe? Somewhere I feel comfortable!” even though you didn’t made it on purpose, you showed Yongguk that you felt something you shouldn’t and that you didn’t like it right then.

“You can’t just leave like that after you shouted and punched me,” he took a step closer to you but you avoided him.

“Don’t come closer!” you spotted his tigger on the night table and picked it up, “I said don’t come closer!”

“Put that toy down,” he whispered.

“Only if you go away and let me go out.”

“No!”

Just then, you had to do something to threat him. You quickly picked up your phone and stretched out your hand to take a picture of the toy, just as Yongguk was on his way to take the toy, you took a picture. Yongguk pulled his tigger away and glared at you.

“No one touches Shishi. And remove that picture!” he tried to take your phone but you were faster than him and ran past him towards the door. This time you made it and ran out of the room.

“If you show someone that picture I’ll kill you Jin Ah! No one can find out about this!”

You ignored him and ran down the stairs and past the kitchen.

“Bye Mrs Kwon!”

“Oh, going home already?” Mrs Kwon were sitting in the kitchen and reading a newspaper.

You didn’t answer her question but quickly put on your shoes and ran straight towards your house. Your heartbeat increased its speed twice and you shook your head while running, trying to delete the incident from before out of your mind. You couldn’t believe that Yongguk was from that. You were screaming at him and punching him, which isn’t a turn-on in your eyes.

As you arrived and opened the door you noticed that it wasn’t locked, which meant that somebody was home. You entered the house carefully and took off your shoes.

“Jin Ah? Is that you?” you heard your mother’s voice from the living room.

“Yeah,” you walked over and saw her sitting on the couch and doing some paper work.

“Are you hungry?” she looked up from the papers, “I bought sushi, especially for you,” she smiled.

“Nice,” you turned around and headed towards the kitchen. While you were walking through the hallway you noticed that your skateboard wasn’t there, because that’s where you’ve left it the last time.

You arched an eyebrow and headed to your room to check if the skateboard was there but it wasn’t.
“Mom!” you called her, “Where is my skateboard?”

“I took it and left it in the basement,” she answered calmly.

“You what?!” you were shocked and ran to the living room, “Why would you do that?!”

“Because I thought it was necessary. You’re not a kid anymore, Jin. You’re turning into a beautiful lady and it is time that you act like one.”

“That is bull, mom! You can’t just take my stuff and hide it from me!”

“Of course I can. I’m your mother.”

“So what?! It is still my stuff that you’re touching and that is something you can’t do!” you shouted and ran towards the basement.

“Jin Ah, I forbid you to go downstairs and bring that board up again!” your mother shouted behind you.

“I don’t care mom!”

You ran to the basement and spotted your skateboard on one of the boxes. You sighed and walked over to pick it up. That’s when you felt your head aching, something that happens whenever you are stressed or just tired. You took the skateboard and walked up again. As you walked past the living room your mother called you.

“Come back here right now!”

“No,” was the only thing you said before going straight to your room.

You put your skateboard beside your bed and lay down. The phone in your pocket vibrated a brief second, informing that you received a message. You took out your phone and saw that the message was from JB.

"Aaaaand, done with the registering! Can’t wait for tomorrow to see you
 rock like a skateboard rock star!" read the message.

You smiled at your phone and replied with a simple ‘Me too. See you tomorrow!”.  As you sent the text away, the screen went back to the last activity on your phone, which was the camera. You took a look at the picture with the toy and Yongguk and sighed deeply. After locking the phone you placed it on the night table and closed your eyes. Soon, you drifted away to dreamland. Or maybe nightmare land.

 


 

***



“There is a lot more people here than what it was last time,” you said while looking around in the skatepark.

“Yeah, it’s the last time this year. This is the last chance and no one wants to miss it,” stated Amber, “Which brings me to ask you, why aren’t you attending this time?” Amber turned to Luna who looked around as well, but it seemed more like she searched for somebody.

She looked then at you and Amber and pointed to herself, “Me?”

“No, Chris Brown,” Amber rolled her eyes.

“Sorry I didn’t hear you, gosh. But... I don’t know. I just don’t feel like it,” she shrugged and continued on scanning through the crowd.

The three of you were sitting at a ramp a bit away from the crowd and waited for JB and JR to arrive.  The staff that arranged this event walked around and checked if everything was okay, helped the jury with their microphones and installed the speakers.

You glanced over at Luna and noticed that she still searched for someone. Even though she didn’t tell you who it was, you could already sense it.

“Luna, stop it. I said it’s okay and don’t be afraid,” you patted her slightly on her back.

“I know, I know. But I just can’t help it,” she lowered her head.

“Stop with what? What are you afraid of?” Amber asked out of nowhere. That’s when it hit you. You never told Amber what happened.

“No-nothing,” answered Luna quickly before glancing towards you, calling for help.

“Look, there are Zelo and Daehyun!” you tried to change the subject.

Zelo and Daehyun waved and skated towards you.

“Hi noona!” Zelo smiled as he arrived in front of you, “Hi guys!” he turned to Amber and Luna too.

“What’s up guys?” asked Daehyun while leaning onto the ramp.

“Nothing much, just waiting for JB and JR to arrive. What about you?” Amber asked them.

“Oh well, just preparing for the competition.”

“Noona, are you going to attend too?” Zelo turned to you.

“Hell yeah I am,” you pushed him slightly.

“Nice!” he smiled, “Looking towards to see you own everyone here! Even Yongguk hyung.”

“Oh stop it. I’m not that good!” you weren’t good with compliments.

“Where are the others then?” Amber asked them.

“Yongguk and Himchan arrived with us, while Youngjae and Jongup are fixing Jongup’s skateboard. One of his wheels went off,” explained Daehyun.

“Interesting,” said Amber and turned to you. She checked your face and tried to read something off before speaking, “What is Luna afraid of?” you widened your eyes at that question.

You were more shocked about the fact that she spoke in English, so the others wouldn’t understand, than the sudden question itself.

“It’s nothing,” you whispered, although it was in English.

“Tell me Jin Ah. I’m not stupid,” she arched an eyebrow and the two of you earned different looks from the three remaining people sitting there.


“I can’t tell you.”

“Just do it already!”

“You will just become angry and freak out and that is not good right now. Especially before the competition,” you tried to convince her.

“Is it Yongguk?” she asked out of nowhere. Zelo, Daehyun and Luna exchanged looks and turned towards you again, in hope to understand anything.

“Gaah, Amber! Yes it is him. He has been an idiot but I’ve taken care of it. Happy?” you took a deep breath.

“What has he done now?” she tilted her head and tried to stay calm.

“You wouldn’t believe me,” you shook your head and Daehyun and Zelo widened their eyes out of nowhere.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t believe her,” a very very very familiar voice spoke behind you but you didn’t want to believe the fact that it was him.

Amber, Luna and you turned around and saw Yongguk standing there with Himchan, Gyuri and some others. You couldn’t believe your eyes or ears. Did the person you were talking about, just spoke in the same language that you and Amber used to , to prevent anyone to understand.

You turned to Amber and widened your eyes yourself. She just shook her head and ran her hands dramatically through her hair.

“God!” she shouted. She lowered her head and whispered: “He can speak English too.”

You widened your eyes even more and looked from Amber to Yongguk and back to Amber again.

“What the hell?” you couldn’t believe it, but as usual you had to act it off somehow, just so Yongguk doesn’t see your defeated face, “You owe me an explanation,” Yyu whispered to Amber and jumped off of the ramp.

“So do you miss!”

“You sound like my mother now,” you rolled your eyes and turned to Yongguk, “Do I have to remind you of that little picture I have?” you threatened him and at that he widened his eyes, so did Amber, while the other just had a big question mark on their faces.

“You wouldn’t dare,” he said through clenched teeth.

“Want to bet?” you smiled and crossed your arms.

“Guys, stop it! I want to understand too!” said Zelo out of the blue, “Just, stop..”

“Aright guys. Should we bring it on now?!” one of the hosts for tonight spoke through the microphone. “Please give me the loudest cheer for the second and last Seoul’s official skating event ooooof 2012!” the host spoke.

The crowd went crazy. Everyone shouted, whistled, and applauded. You spotted JB and JR entering the park and turned your attention to Yongguk and his gang.

“I’m sorry but I’ve a competition to win. We can continue on this later on,” you winked and turned around.

“Noona hwiting!” cheered Zelo and you smiled before leaving them behind and skating over to JB and JR together with Amber and Luna.