Chapter 25

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

A/N: Just passed 800 subs, AWESOME!
                    I ❤ YOU

                        


 

“Damn it Jin Ah!” she interrupted you with a scream.

“What?” you looked at your phone.

“It was Yongguk,” she whispered.

“What?!”

“Jin Ah, you made out with Yongguk in the middle of the dance floor.”



“You’re lying,” you whispered in disbelief. Your heart started beating as fast as it could because you were scared. Scared of what? You didn’t know either, all you knew was that if this was true it would be like your worst nightmare coming true.

I swear to God, Jin Ah,” she sighed.

“No, no, no,” you started panicking, “It wasn’t him Amber, I know that! I would recognize him if it was him. I would remember it if it was him. I would run away from the dance floor if it was him.”

“Really now?” she asked.

“Yes! I’m one hundred percent positive that it wasn’t him,” you denied.

Oh okay, tell me now Jin Ah… When did you come home yesterday?”

You thought for a second but couldn’t really remember, all you knew was that Hoya brought you home, and even that information was from Amber. “I don’t remember…”

“Okay… Tell me now, what happened after the kiss?” she continued her interview.

Once again you thought really hard but again you couldn’t really remember. To be honest, your mind started spinning the minute after the second shot so you weren’t really aware of the surroundings and that’s when it hit you… You understood Amber’s point with all these questions and didn’t want to admit your actions.

“I… don’t remember,” you whispered.

“That’s all I wanted to know,” you could almost hear her smile in victory through the phone, “It was him you idiot. I saw it and don’t worry I was the only one.”

You rubbed your temples and gave up on the socks that you tried to put on, “But… but how? And why didn’t he stop m-“ you didn’t finish your question because you realized that it was a stupid one because the answer was obvious. “Jerk.”

“Yeah… You were drunk. He was drunk and . The two of you had a very nice night,” she mocked.

“Amber!”

“Don’t Amber me, I’m just stating the obvious,” she started laughing.

“Why am I friends with you?” you asked yourself.

Jin Ah don’t make me go back to your room and drag you all the way over to the kitchen! you heard Hoya threaten all of the sudden.

You rolled your eyes and shook your head, “Amber I need to go now, I’ll talk to you later.”

“Alright… but wait! Let’s meet up at the café we were at yesterday. I’ll call the others too,” she suggested.

“Gina you lazy piece of !” Hoya called you again.

“I’m coming!” you shouted at him before turning to the phone again, “Okay, see you later,” and with that the two of you hung up.

 

 

 

***

 

 


I and Yongguk made out.

I and Bang Yongguk made out.

Yongguk, the biggest jackass in town and I made out yesterday in front of everyone.


You repeated that thought in your mind over and over again and during breakfast you couldn’t concentrate on the conversation your family had because all you were thinking of was that stupid kiss.

The person you thought was a beautiful and hot stranger, the person who was really good at kissing and seducing, was in fact Yongguk your biggest enemy.
You hated your life right now because you just knew what was waiting for you next time you see him. All these weeks Yongguk has tried to seduce you and get you in one way or other and finally he managed to kiss you in front of everyone. Maybe your friends didn’t see you as Amber stated, but the people that danced around you should have been aware of the two drunken people who were having a really good time. He will bring this up. Oh yes he will.

After breakfast you and Hoya decided to watch some TV before you go out and meet the others. Your parents drove off for some shopping and left you home. The two of you were lying on one couch each and Hoya flipped through the channels. You were too much into your thoughts that you didn’t hear the doorbell ringing and Hoya telling you to go and see who it was. Instead he jumped up and went to check himself.

Seconds later he walked back into the living room with Dongwoo right behind him.
“Yeah Dongwoo you can start by robbing the living room, Jin Ah won’t bother you at all. She is busy with making grimaces to herself,” Hoya’s voice brought you back to reality.

You turned towards the two standing guys and eyed both of them.
“Hi?” you simply said.

“Oh now she ruined everything, Dongwoo,” Hoya turned towards him and punched the air as a little child. You rolled your eyes at his action and turned towards the TV again.

The guys sat down on the couch Hoya was lying on just minutes ago and just looked at you while being silent. You turned towards them again and gave them one of your famous death glares.

“What?”

Dongwoo just smiled to himself while Hoya was grinning like an idiot. He shook his head at your question but his eyes were still on you.

“Spit it out,” you changed your position to a sitting one. “What is going on?”

They exchanged looks and now even Dongwoo couldn’t stop smiling brightly. They know… was the first thought that came into your mind. Freaking hell, they know.

“No way,” you whispered to yourself and that’s when Hoya bursted out laughing. You buried your face into your hands and closed your eyes as hard as you could because you didn’t want to believe that this was happening. This can’t be happening!

“Giiiin~” Hoya called out when he realized that you didn’t like this one bit. He walked over to you and sat on your left side. “A girl like you is allowed to kiss an attractive guy, it’s okay.”

“Yeah, you did the right thing!” Dongwoo added and the two of the started laughing even harder.

You eyed the two of them once again and turned to Dongwoo, “Who are you anyway? I have never seen you before.”

“That’s cause I’m more in the skatehall than the park,” he explained, “But don’t worry, the skating world knows about your and Yongguk’s conflicts. I just didn’t know that you were Hoya’s cousin.”

“You and Yongguk look cute together,” Hoya teased. “The height difference, the personalities, the collaborations, the-“

“Just shut up,” you interrupted his girly talk and buried your face in your hands again.

He realized that he went too far and put his arm around your shoulder. “Hey, the others didn’t see anything. It was just me because I kept an eye on you the second you walked away from us. I maybe made a mistake by telling Dongwoo but he won’t tell anyone!”

“Sure, maybe he won’t but Mr. Gossip girl will.”

“Hey! That’s offensive!” Hoya pushed you jokingly. “I’m sorry okay?”

“Whatever, I’m out,” you said because you lost hope when it came to anything and walked towards the hall, “Are you coming or not?”

Hoya looked at Dongwoo and back at you and smiled nervously. He knew that you promised your friends to meet up with them later and that he was coming but then Dongwoo came out of nowhere and he kind of wanted to hang out with him instead. You looked through him in one go and crossed your arms.

“Really now? Did you came to Korea to visit and be with me because you missed me or hang out with your friends who you didn’t even know was living here and have been with for the past 24 hours?” you looked at Dongwoo, “No offense.”

“Yes but..”

“We should go with her,” Dongwoo said and stood from the couch. “Let’s go.”

You made a grimace at Hoya and went out to put your shoes on when suddenly he ran up to you and put you into a headlock. “You’ll never change will you? Look at you, as cocky as you’ve always been.”

“Stop it, it hurts!”


 

 

***

 

 



“What is that?” Amber pointed towards the object Himchan was holding when he walked into the café with the rest.

“Something interesting,” he put the ‘interesting’ item on the table in front of everyone. “It’s my sister’s lie-detector.”

“And why did you bring it?” JR’s eyes didn’t leave the detector.

“Because we are going to have so much fun with this,” he smiled and sat beside Luna. The rest of the six guys joined.

You were sitting at the little couch-like bench against the wall with Hoya right next to you on your right side and Amber on your left.

“And everyone has to join this little game,” Daehyun smiled evilly.

Yongguk sat across the table, right in front of you and avoided your eyes as much as he could. “Not me,” he said to Daehyun and picked up his phone to play with it.

“Yes, you too,” Himchan snatched the phone out of his hands and put it into his pocket.

Hoya started pinching you under the table and all you wanted to do right in that moment was punch his pretty little face but you didn’t because you tried to ignore him. Instead you focused on Himchan who talked about how he saw the lie-detector in his sister’s room and just had to take it. Once in a while you glanced over at Yongguk and your eyes always landed on his lips. As much as you couldn’t stand him, you just had to admit that his lips were one of the most beautiful, fully, plump and naturally very pink-reddish lips you’ve ever seen and since yesterday, felt too. 

“I want to begin!” Zelo bent over the table and put his hand over the lie-detector he then turned towards you, “Noona ask me something!”

You widened your eyes at his sudden command and arched your eyebrows, “But I at questions…”

“Ask whatever you want. It doesn’t matter, I just want to see how this works,” he smiled.

“Okay…Is.. is your favorite color… brown?” you just spitted out the first thing you could think of.

“No,” he answered and carefully watched the device in front of his face. The detector made three short beeps before a green little dot appeared with a longer beep. “The truth!” he shouted and smiled.

“Okay, okay, come on now. We need better questions,” Himchan said and gave the lie-detector to JB who was closest to him. “We can start from here and pass the detector around.”

“Okay…” JB put his hand over the lie-detector and looked up, waiting for someone to ask a question.

“Have you ever dreamed, in a romantic or ual way, about anyone around this table?” Daehyun asked out of nowhere before anyone else could.

JB widened his eyes and looked at everyone. “Of course not…” Yet again, the device made three short beeps but this time, it unleashed an electric shock making JB jump up, “ that hurts!”

Everyone started laughing and clapping their hands as seals from this and that’s when JB sat down again with a serious face and took the detector in his hands. “Oh it’s so on, next one,” he passed it to Youngjae and crossed his arms.

This was just the beginning of one of the funniest afternoons in your life were secrets were indirectly confessed and people were embarrassed. Things like Luna and Himchan denying the fact that they have feelings for each other and the detector busting them, JR not entirely hating his sister, Jongup liking Zelo more than Youngjae and so on.

Hoya and Dongwoo left the table with your permission not long after you started the game and they promised to be back soon. When the two of them left, Yongguk’s attitude changed globally. He was totally into the game and teased anyone who got embarrassed. He even looked at you more than you expected he would and you could already feel the teasing aura around him. The jackass was back.

The lie-detector ended up in front of you, it was Yongguk who was holding it with his hand and mentioning for you to put your hand on it. You took the device and tried to pull it out of his grip but he was stronger and didn’t let you. You rolled your eyes and carefully put your hand over it while slightly touching Yongguk’s cold fingers. You looked up and waited for the question but Yongguk but his hand up as he was calling the dips on this question. He looked right into your eyes, not blinking once and one of his freaking damn hot smirks appeared onto his face.

“Did you enjoy last night’s kiss?” he asked out of nowhere. And that wasn’t the shocking part. He asked this question in that one language that only three people at the table could understand.

“What the…” Amber whispered.

“Kisseu?!” Zelo shouted but everyone’s attention was on you and Yongguk, “Did he say kisseu?” he whispered to Daehyun who shrugged in shock.

Although Amber already knew about yesterday's happening, she too was shocked by the question. You widened your eyes and looked around just to be greeted by even more wide eyes and one hurt expression. It was JB’s. You slightly shook your head and turned to face Yongguk again with the same expressionless face he always shows you. You were really nervous right but somehow managed to stay cool because you did expect something like this to happen, although not so soon.

You thought for a second and decided to deny everything. You didn’t give a what the lie-detector would show because your pride is something really important to you.

“No.”

Yongguk smiled to himself while nodding. He clearly expected this answer. Everyone was silent while you waited for the result. Three beeps and suddenly…an electric shock were you felt a very strong stinging thunderbolt-like motion go from your finger tips through your entire right arm. You screamed like a girl and immediately pulled away your hand to shake it with your other, in hope to remove the pain.

“What the hell is going on?” JR asked after this confusing moment.

“What are you talking about hyung?” Zelo asked Yongguk.

“What have I missed?” Himchan raised an eyebrow and tilted his head.

“Absolutely nothing!” you shouted out of the blue. You were angry because Yongguk made a good move but you wouldn’t let him go away just like this. You took the detector and placed it right in front of him. “Put your stupid hand on this ,” you spitted out.

There was just one problem; you didn’t have any good questions. Everyone already knew that Yongguk is trying to get you and that he is a player and stuff like that. You needed more sensitive questions, and only his friends knew his weak side. You turned towards them after Yongguk’s hand covered the item and mentioned for them to go ahead. Himchan put his finger up while slowly trying to come up with a good question.

“Have you e-“

“Hyung, are you in love with Jin Ah noona?” Zelo bent over the table to be closer to the detector.

That question startled everyone, including Yongguk. For one second you saw fright wash over his face before he turned into a poker face again. He positioned himself in the chair and looked at everyone.

“Pfft, hell no.”

First short beep. Second short beep. Thirst short beep and… “Gaah, ing hell!”

This is when the laughter was supposed to appear but instead it was death silent. A lie-detector isn’t something that tells one hundred percent the truth but everyone somehow still believes it because most of the things that were said today were kind of true. You were literally speechless and your mind shut out everyone and everything except Yongguk. You were totally lost right now and confused as never before. Not only that but you could already feel the awkward aura creeping from behind your back and filling the whole room.

“Hyung..” was everything that came out from Zelo’s mouth because even though he was the one who asked the question and hoped to get this result, he didn’t really expect it. 

Suddenly Hoya came into the café with none other than Zico right behind him. Your eyebrows connected at the sight and nothing made sense anymore. Today’s day was just a big mess of craziness.

“Holla my friends!” Zico shouted from the other side of the café as he approached your table.

“Still playing?” Hoya asked but his smile vanished when he felt the awkward tension.


“We just finished,” you said, trying to sound as casual as possible. “But what are you doing with Zico?”

“Oh,” he smiled and turned to Zico to put an arm around his shoulder. “Actually I met him yesterday at the club after you fell asleep, and now when Dongwoo had to go somewhere, I saw Zico on the way back. He just told me about his cottage by the sea. Tell them,” he shook him.

“Yeah my parents gave me the keys for the cottage and I wanted to make a little barbeque party for my friends. You should come!” he invited.

“And this is the part where everyone shouts yes and of course,” Hoya mentioned for you.

“Yeah, why not,” you smiled, “Some grilled chicken would be nice.”

“I’m in too!” Amber made an okay sign.

“Actually,” Yongguk turned in his chair because his back was facing Hoya and Zico,
“Z, you can count on me.”

“Sweet,” he smiled.

“When is the party?” JB asked.

“Tonight,” he replied and took a look at this swatch.

“Well then if you excuse me,” Daehyun stood, “I need to get ready now because I have a date with some nice grilled chicken wings and a juicy piece of beef that is prepared by our one and only Zico.”

You started laughing at his ridiculous speech and stood up too. “Come on guys, time to get ready then!”

“That’s what I’m talking about,” Hoya nodded.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

“Who is the slow one now huh?” Hoya shouted from the hall. “Come one now we have a long way before us!”

“How do we get there anyway?” you asked him from your room while putting your stuff in your backpack.

“By foot or skateboard, your choice.”

“What? Why not the bus?”

“Because the cottage is in the middle of nowhere maybe?” he asked annoyed. “I’m going now. Uncle, aunty see you later or tomorrow morning!” he shouted from the hall to your parents who were in the living room.

“Alright, take care of Jin Ah please! And don’t make trouble okay?” your mother warned.

“We won’t,” Hoya laughed, “Bye!”

You cursed under your breath from all the stress you get from his nagging and quickly packed everything before rushing out after him. “Bye mom, bye dad!”

You ran out of the house and jumped on your skateboard before skating after him.
“Where are we going to meet up the others?” you asked Hoya as he skated on your other skateboard he borrowed.

“Zico explained that there is this little path right before you enter the city and that path takes you through a forest and ends by an old railway station that is not in service anymore and from there, there is a sidewalk that is pretty long and… I don’t remember where we are supposed to go after that.”

“Just call him later,” you suggested.

“Yeah, I will do that.”

Speaking of calling, you wanted to know where Amber was right now and searched for your phone in your pockets. You looked in every existing pocket on your clothes but didn’t find it. You forgot it at home.

“Damn it!” you stopped skating making Hoya stop too. “I need to skate home really quickly, I forgot my phone.”

“Oh come on now Gina!” he whined in disbelief, “You don’t need it.”

“Yes I do,” you said and turned around to skate back home.

“You better hurry up otherwise we will go without you!” he shouted after you and continued on skating towards the meeting location.

You skated really quickly home, not caring about the people who were walking on the sidewalk. When you approached your house, you saw Yongguk leaving his house with his skateboard and backpack. Your eyes met for a second before you ran into your house and straight to your room to find your phone. You searched for a minute before seeing it by the window. You took the phone and ran once again out of your house before jumping once again on your skateboard and like a déjà vu, skated towards the same direction you skated minutes ago.

Hoya wasn’t in sight but instead another person was. Yongguk was standing not long away from you with his hands in his pockets. When you were about to skate past him he took hold of your upper arm and stopped you.

“Himchan called and told me to wait for you because you don’t now the way and apparently your little Hoya boy didn’t wait for you,” he said coldly.

You looked at him confused but still listened to Himchan. The two of you skated in silence throughout the whole ride up to the small path but then you realized that the others didn’t wait for you.

“Where the hell are they?” you asked yourself. “I was really fast!”

“Hey where are you?” you turned towards Yongguk and saw him talk to someone on the phone, “What?! Himchan you stupid idiot, you can’t just leave us like this!.... No I don’t care what Zico says…. No… I don’t know!”

You walked up to him and took the phone, “Himchan if you don’t come back hell is going to burst out.”

“But Zico told us to already go and you can just come after,” he tried to explain.

“That doesn’t make sense! Give me Hoya.”

Yo?” his voice was very calm.

“Did you just leave me? My mom said to take care of me and you know what Hoya, this is not how you take care of younger!” you practically shouted into the phone.

“I warned you to hurry up but you didn’t,” he continued in his calm voice.

“I did hurry up for God’s sake, I can bet that you didn’t even wait a second. Just come back already.”

“You have your boyfriend now, the two of you will be fine,” and with that he hung up.

“But-… I ing hate you!” you looked at the phone and shouted as he could hear it.

You turned around and saw Yongguk entering the forest. “Where are you going?” you asked him but followed him anyway.

He didn’t answer but continued on walking through the forest, trying to go on the path but there were several ones which you randomly walked on with your skateboard under your arm. Every tree that you passed looked exactly the same, every rock and hillock of grass looked exactly the same but all you could do was follow Yongguk.

After a while you realized that you aren’t coming anywhere. “Didn’t we already pass this big rock once?” you pointed to the huge grey stone to your right and Yongguk’s eyes followed your finger.

“I don’t know okay?!” he bursted out of nowhere. “I’m trying hard to get us out of here but I’m failing.”

“Weren’t you the one who knew the way according to Himchan?”

“The way to the path, not after,” he clenched his teeth.

“Great, now we are lost!” you literally face-palmed yourself.

And the worst thing is that you were alone with Yongguk.