Chapter 31

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

A/N: Okay so I need to clear a thing up here. I don't know why but some of you thought that Mr. Bang was poor? How come? I never said that anywhere in my text hahaha I only wrote that he left Yongguk and his mother because of a lover and that's it. Maybe you should re-read some of the older chapters to refresh your memory :) Otherwise, the explanation to where Mr. Bang got all the money from comes in this chapter. . .

. . . In this big momma long chapter that I think you'll love ;D
This is dedicated to all my readers, (especially the silent ones)


 


 

***

 

Thirty-six hours later, you were sitting on the flight on your way to the U.S. Before you could even enter the airport you had to go through some very long hours of lecture with your parents. They were hectic in the beginning and didn’t really like the idea of you flying all the way over to another continent but after a call from Mrs. Kwon, they finally accepted the fact of you going with your friends and Mr. Bang.

After Mr. Bang announced the trip, Yongguk was totally against it. Even though things were getting better between him and his father, and his father and mother, he still wasn’t ready to take such a huge step. You and Zelo followed Yongguk home and tried to convince him before he gave up in the end and ended the conversation with a “whatever”. Partly because the two of you managed to convince him but also because Mr. Bang explained to you where he got all the money from. He was far from being poor because he was really successful in his job but he wasn’t the richest man in the country either. Let’s just say that over the years that he spend without Yongguk and his mother, he regret leaving his son and started saving money that he could spend on his son when he meet him again. And that is exactly what he is doing right now. Considering the fact that they reunited so late, he saved up a good amount of money. Hence the trip for all of his friends too.

The rest of the group didn’t have any problems with convincing or asking their parents except Zelo, who is still very young to leave the country without his parents, but even then Mrs. Kwon made a phone call to his parents and solved everything.

You were now on the flight, sitting on a seat between Amber and Daehyun, who were pretty much asleep. The airplane took off two hours ago, which meant that you had a long way to go. Or fly in this case. You had your earphones with music on in your ears and your cap over your eyes in hope to fall asleep too.

Which you did.

Two hours later you were woken up by Amber who punched your shoulder to wake you up. You blinked rapidly while shaking your head, not really knowing what was happening. When your vision became better you saw the stewardess handing out food.

“Man, I love airplane food so much!” Daehyun clapped his hands in excitement.

“Tell me about it,” Amber eyed the food trolley and her lips.

You rolled your eyes at the two of them, “Couldn’t you take my plate and save it for later?” you asked tiredly.

“No,” said Daehyun determined and accepted the plates that the young stewardess handed him. He gave one to Amber, then one to you before taking his and examining every single dish on the plate.

“Daehyun hyung, can you give me your cherry tomatoes?” asked Zelo from the seat in front of you.

“No.”

 

***

 

Your bladder is your all time biggest enemy. After the meal, everyone returned to their own things they were busy with from before. Amber was reading a book while Daehyun fell asleep again. You couldn’t see what the others were doing because of the high backrests, and it actually didn’t even matter. What mattered right at the moment was your bladder and it was really weak. You had to go to the toilet otherwise you would make a huge catastrophe around you. You tried to stand up but Daehyun’s feet were in your way. With one kick, you woke him up and told him to move so you could go out. He did as told and you could finally walk freely towards the toilet.

You walked past the others and saw Yongguk sit beside Youngjae and Jongup. The younger two were on their laptops while Yongguk listened to music through his earphones. He was looking through the window but when he felt a presence near him, he turned his head and locked eyes with you immediately. His calm face watched you in curiosity and you could see that he just woke up. His eyes were a bit puffy from all the sleep so he looked tired and newly awake. You always thought that newly awake guys looked really hot especially with their bed hair. It made you think of very special things.

You broke the eye contact and continued on walking towards the toilet. When you walked in and locked the door behind you, you did what your bladder asked for really quickly because you hated toilets like this. You washed your hands and after a couple of minutes of being there you opened the door just to be greeted by the same newly awake face that you checked out minutes ago. Yongguk opened the door even further and held his arm stretched out in front of your face, preventing you from walking past. He hovered a bit over your body, making you take one step back and into the small room again.

“Do you know how dangerous toilets on a plane are?” he asked with a very low voice.

Your eyes grew a size bigger and you just stared at him blankly.

“You clearly don’t,” he shook his head, acting disappointed, “Jin Ah baby, let me explain for you then… There has been many cases of injury and even death because of these bastards,” he pointed towards the seat, “It has a very strong vacuum that can do the most painful things to your cute back.”

Your eyes grew even bigger from his last sentence. You could feel yourself blushing and from that you saw Yongguk smirk in satisfaction. You cleared your throat once out of nervousness and took a grip on his arm.

“Well lucky me it didn’t happen and I’m still alive,” you said with a hint of arrogance and sarcasm, “Now let me pass.”

He took another step closer to you, making your legs touch each other. You looked down at the scene and you could feel your heart beat faster and stronger. All of the sudden your palms started sweating and that is something they do whenever you’re nervous.

“The chance of that happening isn’t very huge but I was still worried,” he tilted his head that was very close to yours. It was dangerously close.

Jin Ah, calm down. He is just mocking with you.

His eyes searched for yours and that’s when you lost it. If he continued doing this you will seriously give up on everything and now wasn’t the right time. Deep inside, behind all the nervousness and lust, you found courage and strength to contradict.

“I-I s-still don’t understand why you’re acting like it’s your problem,” you blurred out.

“Are you challenging me again to make it my business and problem?” he whispered while bringing his face closer to yours.

“I never said th-“

“You clearly don’t see it and some proof is something your brain needs to understand what I mean,” he rolled his eyes but quickly brought them back and focused on yours.

“You nee-“

“Can I help you with something?” you were cut off by a little older stewardess who walked up to the two of you and had a shocked expression when she saw the scene in front of her.

Yongguk turned around to face her and you could see that he wasn’t pleased with her interrupting your conversation, but it was wrong from the two of you to have it right there. Although it was all his fault. You took the chance and pushed his arm away just to walk past him and shook your head towards the stewardess.
 
“No, thank you,” you bowed slightly and headed towards your seat.

While you were walking towards your seat you saw Mr. Bang check on everyone and he quickly asked you if everything was alright which you answered with a nod before continuing your path. Once there, you saw that Amber was still reading her book and Daehyun took picture of himself with his phone. You smiled from the scene before breaking the silence.

“The two of you are really social,” you said ironically.

Both of their heads turned towards your voice before they looked at each other and bursted out laughing.

“After being in one spot with the same people for hours, you kind of want some alone time,” Daehyun tried to explain.

“Yeah and taking picture of yourself is one of the things you want to do,” you added.

“Exactly.”

“Hey I’m trying to read here. Be quiet!” Amber waved with her hands to motion for you to shut up while her eyes were still on the book.

“Don’t make me throw something onto your face,” you threatened.

From that she looked up from the book and stuck her tongue out before going back to read.
“I hate you,” was the only thing she said which you just laughed off.

Suddenly you felt Daehyun direct his phone towards you and when you looked at the screen you noticed that he tried to bring you into the picture too. You gave him a death glare right in that second where he took the picture. He quickly opened the folder just to see the recent photo and started laughing.

“Look at this!” he showed you the screen, “Always judging people,” he continued on laughing while holding his stomach with his other hand.

You rolled your eyes and snatched the phone from his hand, “You at this. Let me teach you how to take selcas,” you said and lifted the phone up a bit while placing your head near his so both of you could fit into the picture.

After a couple of snapshots, Himchan turned around from his seat in front of you. He was sitting between Zelo and Luna. He gave both of you an irritated look before pointing towards the phone.

“You either turn that phone on mute or I’ll take it for the rest of the flight,” he said tiredly.

“Why, why, why?” Daehyun nodded his head upwards towards him, clearly annoyed by the fact that Himchan just interrupted your fun moment.

“Because Luna is sleeping and you are going to wake her up with the sound of the camera.”

You and Daehyun exchanged looks and you threw Himchan a knowing expression before sighing and putting the phone on mute.

“Thank you,” he said before going back to his sitting position.

“Thank you,” you and Daehyun mimicked him when suddenly someone walked up to the two of you, making you look up.

“Change seats. Now,” Yongguk spoke to Daehyun.

Poor Daehyun had a sad expression because everyone interrupted your selca-moment. “But I-“

“I said now,” he said with a harsh tone which made Daehyun jump up immediately.

“Okay, I will. Jeez…” and with that he walked off and joined Youngjae and Jongup.

You eyed Yongguk who smirked and took a seat beside you like it was nothing. Amber had a very confused look too and she didn’t hesitate to ask him about this.

“Why did you do that?”

“Because I want to,” he shrugged.

“You could have changed seats with Zelo or Himchan…” she said as matter of fact.

“But I wanted this seat.”

“And why is that?” she arched an eyebrow.

“Because it’s beside Jin Ah.”

This answer took you off guard and you could see Amber’s shocked expression from the corner of your eye. She immediately took your earphones and put them in her ears before turning back to her book, definitely not interested in what was about to be discussed next.

“Is that really the reason?” you asked him in disbelief.

“Of course not,” he finally looked at you after looking straight forward during the whole conversation he and Amber had.

“So why did you do it then?”

“You had too much fun with Daehyun.”

Once again he didn’t fail to blow your mind, not just only with the sudden statement but also with the content of it. Once again you could feel your cheek turn redder and your heart was pounding like a madman. You began seeing the protective side of him although he didn’t have any right to do it. On the other hand you liked seeing this side and somehow didn’t mind his actions. But this was something you wouldn’t confess to him and just kept on pretending to be irritated.

“And I would like to continue on having fun with Daehyun,” you tried to sound cold.

“You can have more fun with me,” he lowered his head to the side to whisper that part so no one could hear it.

You shivered from that low y voice and turned your head away from his face, “I’m sleepy,” you lied.

“No problem,” he said right away and took out Daehyun’s pillow to put it near you and push your head down. He then took hold of your legs and placed them over his legs that he stretched out your way. It was a quite comfortable position but you were really taken back from the sudden skin ship. “Now sleep,” he said and closed his eyes.

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes too. Good luck with falling asleep, Jin Ah.

 

 

***

 

“I’ll go and check in and you guys can go around in the meanwhile,” said Mr. Bang after you arrived and a taxi took you from the airport to the hotel you would be staying at. “But don’t forget to come back soon because we need to discuss the plan for today.”

Everyone left their things in the lobby and ran out of the hotel that was located near the huge skatepark where the festival would be hold. All of you walked together in the beginning but then after finding a lot of interesting stuff, the group split in different directions. The weather was really nice and you had to admit that you missed this country. You weren’t in your home town but it didn’t matter. Just seeing all the different people and hearing everyone speak English, brought a lot of memories back.

The skatepark here was ten times bigger than the one at home. The ramps and skating areas were much more advanced, which made you feel like a beginner. There was people who skated right at the moment but it was only for fun because the real competition is starting tomorrow. On the other side, you could see one of the longest queues in front of the service where the tickets for the festivals where sold and checked in. The rest of the park was filled with people who sold street food and those typical festival stuff.

“This is nice,” Jongup’s voice interrupted your admiring moment. You turned towards him and saw only Himchan and Luna beside him.

“Where are the others?” you asked and looked around even though you knew that, that would be useless.

“I don’t know,” Himchan shrugged.

“I think they went back to the hotel,” Luna pointed towards the direction of the hotel.

“Really? We should go back too then,” Jongup suggested and started walking towards the hotel.

The remaining three of you exchanged looks and you put your hand up, as a sign that you wanted to speak to them. They both eyed you and you crossed your arms while tapping the ground with one of your feet.

“When are you going to tell the rest about your relationship?” you asked them while recalling the scene from before in the airplane.

Luna lowered her head and rubbed her temples, “I’m afraid.”

“Of what?!” you blurred out.

“She is afraid of them judging us,” said Himchan in a calm voice.

“I don’t see a reason why,” you arched one eyebrow. “Why would they judge you for something that isn’t their business?”

The two of them looked at each other before turning towards you. “We actually don’t know,” said Luna with a confused look.

You rolled your eyes in the most dramatic way possible before taking a few steps forward and past them, “Exactly mine point,” you said in victory, “You better tell everyone about this today otherwise I will bust the two of you.”

“You can’t do that Jin Ah!” Luna shouted before walking after you with Himchan right beside her.

“The hell I can.”

“Luna she is right,” Himchan spoke louder this time, “They are our friends and they deserve to know about this. Their reactions doesn’t even matter to me.”

You saw Luna sigh in defeat and you tapped Himchan’s shoulder because you were proud of him, “That’s what I’m talking about.”

Right in that moment a strong wind blew past everyone making your cap fly away from your head. You tried to catch it with your hands but it managed to fly a good distance away. You groaned in frustration before shouting a “Go ahead I’ll be back in a minute” to Himchan and Luna. They continued on walking while you ran after your stupid cap.

It was kind of embarrassing but you could care less. All you wanted was to catch it and go back to the hotel. When you finally managed to pick the cap up you decided not to put it back on your head and hold it instead. No risks are taken this time, or as always.

“Jin Ah?” you heard a very familiar voice call after you.

You turned around and spotted the person whose voice called after you a second ago. JB was standing there in the line to the service together with JR and Gyuri. He widened his eyes and turned to JR to tell him something before running up to you.

“It’s really you!” he smiled the widest smile, “For a second I thought that I was hallucinating.”

You returned his smile and shook your head, “Well, you aren’t hallucinating that’s for sure.”

“What are you doing here?!” he asked and you could hear the excitement in his voice.

“Same reason why you are here,” you crossed your eyes while smiling.

“No way!” he shouted out and picked you up from the ground with a hug. You started laughing because his hands where tickling you unconsciously and you started yelling at him to put you down. After a minute he did as told and you could finally breathe.

“Why am I friends with you?” you asked yourself loudly.

JB laughed at that before looking around, “Who are you with?”

“The other.”

“T-the others?” his smile faded away.

“The others as in, the whole group including Yongguk,” you told him because you knew it was the answer he was looking for.

“Oh,” his face fell immediately before he nodded once.

You looked around awkwardly but then decided to change the topic, “What are you doing by the way?”

He looked up to look straight into your eyes and you could swear that you saw that he was thinking of something huge. It gave you a feeling that he was planning something. But as fast as you saw it, it disappeared again and he turned around to point towards the line and JR and Gyuri who were standing there.

“We are here to check in our tickets, something that is done individually.”

“Oh I see, guess it is here Mr. Bang will take us to later,” you said to yourself.

“Mr. Bang? Don’t tell me he bought you the tickets,” JB widened his eyes.

You laughed through your nose, still not getting the fact that he actually did. “Long story..”

“Ayo Gina!”

Hearing someone call after you in English made your head turn around right away. JB followed your eyes too and both of you spotted a somewhat angry Yongguk. He walked loosely yet determined with one hand in his pocket and the other daggling in sync with his steps. As he approached the two of you, he gave JB a dirty look before grabbing you by one of your wrists. JB watched him with serious eyes that were burning with hatred.

“My dad wants us back at the hotel,” he said coldly and began dragging you away.

You looked back at JB apologetic eyes and shook your head, “I’ll see you later sometime.”

He didn’t answer you and just watched Yongguk drag you away before he turned around and went back to the line.

Yongguk on the other hand didn’t look back once and just continued walking towards the hotel. His grip around your wrist loosened a bit and suddenly he released the grip just to take your hand in his. He held it gently yet tightly enough for you to feel his warmth. Holding his hand like this made you feel protected and suddenly your stomach started playing with you. A very strange and uncomfortable flame took over your feelings and thousands of butterflies invaded your poor little stomach. You hated this feeling so much but it was so strong that right at that moment you realized something you tried to avoid from the whole beginning. Something that was totally taboo.

Bang Yongguk broke the huge wall of Lee Jin Ah.

Pride. One word that meant everything for you and it still does. You couldn’t show Yongguk anything of what you’re feeling because he would definitely just enjoy teasing you about that and in the end use your feelings to get what he wanted. That is a thing me made clear for a long time ago.

As the two of you walked into the lobby of the hotel you pulled away from his grip and walked ahead towards the elevator.

“Hey!”

You ignored his call and acted angry at him. Well actually you were but his sudden actions from before made you forget about it. You were angry at him because he interrupted your conversation with JB and didn’t even greet him when he just appeared in front of him. JB was one of your best friends who deserves respect, no matter what relationship these two had.

You walked over to the elevator and pushed the button to call it down.

“Instead of coming back with the others you choose to stand outside and talk to JB,” he said harshly out of nowhere.

“My cap flew away and I just happened to meet JB!” you yelled which made everyone in the lobby look at you. You muttered a ‘sorry’ to them and turned back towards the elevator again, pushing the button ten more times in impatience.

“Yeah, because that sounds really reasonable,” he said sarcastically.

“What the… Are you saying that I’m lying?” you furrowed your eyebrows while looking at him in disbelief. He looked down at you and his once angry face turned into his famous expressionless face. “Wha-whatever okay. I don’t freaking care what you think,” you said coldly just as the door opened and you rushed into it to quickly call the right floor. The only problem was that you didn’t know which because nobody told you.

You crossed your arms and Yongguk followed you in before pushing the number ten button. When he turned around he didn’t go over to your side but walked straight towards you with his eyes fixed on yours. With crossed arms you looked back at him in shock.

“What are you doing?”

While the door was closing he continued to take one step after another towards you which made you go backwards before you hit the huge mirror on the wall with your back. He stretched out his arm and put them on each side of your head before tilting his head to the side too. Your heart started pounding really quickly and suddenly you felt really warm. From the corner of your eye and the mirror beside you, you could see your tomato red face that screamed the word nervousness.

“I seriously don’t know if you’re doing this on purpose but you have to stop it,” he broke the silence just as the elevator passed the second floor.

“Doing what?”

“You’re talking with every freaking guy in the sweetest and nicest way and when it comes to me you ing don’t want to even look at my face properly! What do they have that I don’t?!”

“Are you being serious?!”

“I’m death serious Jin Ah. You challenged me to make everything about you my business, I’m freaking accepting the challenge.”

The butterflies that once invaded your stomach was all inside your body. It made you insane and you hated it. It was wrong in all ways. This beautiful yet hot guy with the iest voice alive that was standing right in front of you, made your mind go blank whenever he was close to you. He made you feel save yet his existence made your days a living hell. A living hell that you enjoyed and couldn’t go a day without.

But everything was still wrong. Yongguk was famous for being the biggest player and jerk in town and not a single thing he does or says is seriously taken by him. This goes for the girls too. You even promised yourself not to fall for his actions yet here he was, hovered above you in an elevator which made you nervous as hell.

You hated yourself. You were so angry at both him and yourself that you had to make this stop. The elevator just passed the eighth floor so you tried to push him away so you could go out but the next thing he did took both of you off guard.

Yongguk turned around and pushed the stop button on the elevator which made the whole machine stop in no time. He then looked at you and pushed you back towards the wall. You widened your eyes at him while bringing your hand to your forehead.

“Are you out of your mind?!”

“Yes and you know why? Because you’re the damn reason!” he brought his hands up to your head and put each on your cheeks, “I’ll make sure to make everything about you my business.”

“I swea-“

Before you could say anything else or protest he interrupted you by connecting your lips aggressively. He gave you a very strong peek on your lips which you didn’t response because you were still under shock. You closed your eyes in hope to wake up from this nightmare that was the most wonderful thing in the world. When you felt his tongue sweep along your lower lip, you gave in. You parted your lips to give him more access which he totally accepted with a growl. Slowly but surely you brought your hands up towards his neck just to rest one of them there and play with his soft hair with the other one. You even had to stand on your toes because of the height difference.

The kiss was more passionately than you expected it would be. All the lust that both of you held inside of you for weeks, finally came out and took advantage of the situation. The kiss was a warm yet strong electricity that ran throughout your entire body. Unfortunately, the lack of air made you break the kiss first. Both of you started panting like there was no tomorrow while he looked down at you with a smile glued onto his face.

Just then you heard Mr. Bang call after you from the floor above. “Yongguk, Jin Ah, are you guys in there?!”

“Yes, we are here!” Yongguk shouted with his eyes still on you.

“What happened? Why did the elevator stop?”

“I don’t know, maybe some technical difficulties,” he winked at you.

“Oh okay, I’ll call for some help. Are the two of you alright?”

“We are perfect,” he answered and gave you a quick peek on your lips again.

 

 


 

A/N: Love me love me, say that you love me ~