Chapter 3

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

“I want a rematch!”


”Hyung?!” Youngjae was pretty shocked by what I said because this is my first time ever, to call for a rematch.


“I said I want a rematch” I said it clearly one more time.

 

She turned around and looked at me a little surprised. She took off her mask and began to take some steps forward, closer to me. The judges and the stuff have already begun to pack their things and most of the people already went home.

“A rematch?” she tilted her head to the side.

“You heard me,” I took a step closer until we were standing face to face.
 

Jin Ah and I were just trying to be cold and cocky to each other, but there is something with the way she looked at me that wasn't right. By just reading her face, I could already imagine what thoughts were crossing her mind. The way she looked at me at this moment was not an enemy-like way, but more a teasing way.

I looked down at her, while she looked up. We were standing very closely in front of each other so everyone around became nervous from our nearness. Calmly I looked down at the hot girl that was standing in front of me. The sight that my eyes caught at the moment gave me so many rated thoughts that it shouldn't be expressed in words at all. My body wanted Jin Ah. My body needed Jin Ah just like any other girl, but... I could tell that she wasn't like any other normal girl that I always get in a half an hour. She was different. She somehow reminded me of myself. We have this same attitude and I can tell that this will be a very interesting battle.

“Do you really want me to own you again?” she asked calmly. This made everyone to ‘ooh’ and laugh.

“Oh hyung, how can you stand such a thing?” Zelo, who was standing right next to us, started laughing, “From a girl too?!” he jumped up and down.

“Shut up,” I let out harshly but didn’t leave my eyes from Jin Ah, who also stared right back at me, “Are you on or are you chickening out?”

“Pffft, I’ll see. It depends on if I feel like it or not,” and with that, she interruptedour staring contest.

Everyone went crazy from the answer and started laughing. She smirked and looked around and when she met eyes with Amber's, she took her skateboard and skated up to her just to grab her arm.

“Come on,” I could hear her call while Amber quickly jumped on her skateboard and skated after her.

 

Your P.O.V

You skated out of the park to a bench near the road before looking back and sighing in annoyance.
“How annoying,” you said and sat down.


“What are you doing?” Amber asked in disbelief, somehow startling you right away.

“Huh? I don’t know, why?” you answered with your mind still back to the scene from before.

“No wait, the main question is ‘how are you’?” she walked up to you, “Are you nervous?”

“Nervous? No, not at all,” you laughed nervously and looked towards the entrance to the park “Where should we go now? I don’t want to go home…”

Those eyes. That mouth. That gaze. It was a miracle that you could keep yourself calm. To be honest, he was hot, especially under the colourful lights. On the other hand, he is a jerk and doesn’t really deserve your attention. It bothered you so much that everyone liked him and looked up to him even though he was a jerk. When you and Amber skated out of the park and you sat on the bench, you noticed that Amber suspected something and didn’t know what to do. Luckily, she changed the topic by wanting to show you something.

“You know what, just follow me!”

She grabbed both your and her skateboard and put them under her arms. “Come on!” she ran to the entrance of the park again.

“Where are you going? I don’t want to go in there!” you shouted after her.

“Shh, we aren’t going in there. Now, come!” she whispered and waved at you to get closer.


You walked up to her and she led you to a house which was right next to the skate park. The two of you went behind the house and you could see stairs that led to the second floor. The house seemed to be old and no one lived there. Amber ran up the stairs and you followed after her. The second floor was totally empty. No furniture, no stuff. Nothing. There were no windows or doors, just square holes in the walls. There was a balcony but without a fence. On the other side of the room were stairs to the third floor and just when Amber was on her way up, you had to say something.

“Wait!” you whispered and she turned around, “What do you want to show me?”

“The view, duh?” at the same moment you heard steps coming up the stairs.

Amber put her finger on as a sign to be quiet and with the other finger, she pointed to a small room next to you. You could hide in there. Just when you were about to take a step, you could hear a female voice.

”Amber?” you looked at Amber and saw that her face automatically relaxed from hearing the voice.


“Just say it’s you,” Amber rolled her eyes and you just looked at her in confusion. 

“It’s Luna,” she said in response to your facial expression.

“Who are you talking to?” a girl with shoulder-length blond hair came in. She was wearing a gray hoodie and a hat. She was holding a pink skateboard and stopped when she saw you.

“This is Jin Ah, Jin Ah this is my not-so-smart friend Luna,” said Amber while nodding to the two of you.

“Hi~” she waved cheerfully.

She seemed to be that kind of girl that you couldn’t get along with. She was too girly and happy but you still nodded to her, because you didn’t want to be mean.

“What's up.”

“Why are you late?” asked Amber out of the blue while she went to the balcony and sat on the floor. “The competition is over.”

“I know, I know. Family problems...” Luna laughed nervously. ”So Gina. Are you new here?”

“Jin Ah.. and yeah.” you walked to Amber and sat behind her, next to the wall where you felt the safest.

When you looked through the balcony, you could see what Amber meant by the view. You could see the whole skate park. From one corner to the other. It was dark and there weren’t many people left. Along with the lighting and the graffiti paintings, it was more beautiful than anything.

”Wow..” you said to yourself.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” asked Amber with her eyes still on the park. Luna came and sat on Amber’s other side.

The three of you sat there for a while and Amber showed you all the places in the park. There were different places for different groups. You found out that Yongguk and his friends usually sit at the benches in a specific corner and skate on the biggest ramps. You also found out that all the girls who wanted Yongguk’s attention, skated on the little ramp next to their benches. You looked around and spotted a figure skating by itself. You could see that it was a guy and he was pretty awesome. He seemed to practice a lot and try out new tricks.

“That’s one of Yongguk’s ‘enemies’ and opponents," said Amber and followed your gaze.

“Really?”

“Yeah,” Amber nodded, “It’s always the two of them who makes it to the finale, although he wasn’t here today which is weird..”

“You know, we actually have competitions all the time," said Luna out of nowhere.

You looked at her and waited for her to continue.

“We aren’t just competing when there are official events, but also competitions that we hold ourselves. Competitions where people are investing money.”

“Money?” you were surprised, yet it sounded interesting.

“And guess who got challenged by Yongguk today," Amber turned towards Luna, who immediately just opened and went speechless.

“Y-You…?” she pointed at you and Amber just nodded with a smirk on her face,“And what happened?” asked Luna.

“She dissed him,” said Amber and looked out through the balcony again.

“Oh …”

“Why?” you began to wonder why she acted like she was scared, “He deserved it.”

“But... he isn’t going to give up. He will actually look for you,” she said while biting her nails.

You arched one of your eyebrows and smiled evily for yourself. Really? Well, I’m waiting for him.

 

***

 

Yongguk’s P.O.V

“I don’t care how, just do it,” I shouted at Youngjae.

“Yongguk, it’s like impossible right now. She just moved,” Himchan tried to calm me down.

“I want her name within 24 hours, am I clear enough?” I asked the guys who sat in front of my door.

It was dark and only the street lights were on. They sat on the stairs in front of my door and leaned against the fence. They nodded and Daehyun jumped up.

“Time to go home. Jongup fell asleep…” he kicked Jongup who jumped up out of fright.

“What?! Do you have to kick?!” Daehyun's kick startled him which destroyed his mood in no time.

I looked at Zelo who was close to falling asleep and dragged him up, “You can sleep at my house tonight. The rest of you, remember what I said,” and with that, they all headed home and Zelo and I went inside.

We walked past the living room where my mother was lying on one of the couches and fell asleep watching TV. I walked over and put a blanket over her before heading over to my room where Zelo already was lying on my bed.

“What are you doing? Down on the mattress!” I commanded.

“Whaaa hyung, why so heartless,” he rolled down and laid on the mattress, which is always there because of him.

I took of my clothes until I just had boxers on. I laid on my bed but didn’t bother to turn off the lights. I looked up towards the ceiling, thinking back to what happened today. That girl is amazing in every possible way. Hot and cocky at the same time, which I haven’t seen in ages. What is it that makes her behave like this towards me?

“Hyung…” Zelo interrupted my thoughts.  

“What?”

“Do you like that new girl?” he positioned himself in a sitting position so he could see me better.

I looked down at him with a confused look with a hint of disbelief, “What? No. Why would I?”

“Because she is hot,” he said as matter-of-fact.

“So what? She isn’t the only one. Besides, I’ve seen hotter,” I said and looked up toward the ceiling again.

“And why did you challenge her?” he asked instead.

“Because, I want to show her who the king is here and that she can't mock with me. Now, shut up and sleep.”

“Whatever. I like her. She seems cool,” he laid down again and I turned off the lights.


It is me who is the town’s skater. No one embarrasses me just like thatI closed my eyes and tried to sleep but suddenly heard my phone vibrate. I checked the clock on the night table and it read 2 am. Who the hell is calling me now?

I jumped out of the bed and walked to the chair where I put my jeans. I took the phone and answered without checking who it was.

“Who the hell calls m-“

“Yongguk!” I heard Himchan's voice.

“What? Are there any good news?” I asked right away because that was the only thing I’m interested in right now.

“You should ask a girl named Gina.”