Chapter 19

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

 

Is he kidding with me?!

Yongguk gripped tight onto your hand and ran towards the skatepark. The grip on your hand was firm and determined. His warm hands did make you feel secure and somehow you liked that feeling. But the thought of him dragging you all the way to the skatepark, was a little bit too much. Besides, you didn’t want him to hang with you to the beach because, him not coming with you and the guys, was the main reason to why you agreed on going.

As Yongguk half ran past all the stores and people in town, you stopped in your track, making him stop too. You pulled away from his grip and tilted your head to the side, looking straight into his eyes.

“What do you think you are doing?” you asked and crossed your arms.

“I’m going to the beach?” he arched an eyebrow.

“Well, you can’t.”

“And why not?”

“Because I’m going,” you said and fixed your cap that flew a bit to the side from all the running. “Stay home as you planned. Besides, you don’t have your stuff with you.”

“Don’t worry about my st-“

“Stay home as you planned,” you interrupted him with a death glare. You your heel and started walking to the direction where the skatepark was.

As awaited, Yongguk didn’t go home but walked right behind you. “I don’t know what makes you talk to me in that way, but I’m going to the beach whether you like it or not, Jin Ah baby,” he was as stubborn as you and you didn’t like it a bit. “Also, I helped you sneak out of the house. I think I deserve a reward.”

You laughed through your nose and continued on walking, not giving him the attention he wanted, and maybe needed. You walked a couple of blocks and Yongguk was still there. You grew tired of him and stopped walking, making him bump into you. You turned around and looked at him with an angry expression.

“Stop following me! Just go home. I don’t want you to come with us.”

“So what you’re saying is that you just used me to come out?” he laughed. “Just admit that you wanted me to come with you,” he said as he looked around.

You didn’t answer and just raised an eyebrow. Your silence made him look back at you and you didn’t need to say anything else for him to understand.

“You used me,” he whispered.

You nodded like a little child before turning around and walking away with determined steps. You smiled to yourself from the face expression Yongguk had when he realized that you used him. He was angry. Hell yeah he was. But you didn’t care.

Soon, the skatepark was in sight and you didn’t know if you were glad or not, because deep inside you knew that Yongguk will come and today won’t be as awesome as planned.

“One more reason to stick to my plan,” said Yongguk coldly as he walked past you and entered the skatepark.

Plan?

 

 

***



“I’m going to text JB and JR then,” Amber looked around in her bag after her phone to text JB and JR and tell them to come over to the beach.

When you and Yongguk entered the park at the same time, all your friends looked at you in shock. You walked directly to Amber and Luna and explained what happened. They didn’t like the idea of Yongguk coming with you but had to accept it since he is Himchan’s friend all of this was Himchan’s plan.

Yongguk gave Jongup his keys and told him and Zelo to go and get his stuff. Zelo didn’t want to do that in the beginning but changed his mind when Yongguk whispered something to him. After the two of them left to get Yongguk’s stuff, the rest of you headed to the bus station and took the first bus that drove to the beach.

The bus was packed with people and you were the last ones to enter the bus so you had to stand throughout the whole bus ride. It was a really hot day and everyone in the bus was sweating like crazy, making you want to throw up. Amber and you were standing by the door with Daehyun and Yongguk beside you. Himchan, Luna and Youngjae managed to go further into the bus so they weren’t near you.

“Can’t wait ‘til we arrive. I will just go and throw myself in the water,” said Daehyun while holding with one hand onto the handle above him, and with the other hand, wipe away some sweat from his forehead.

“Tell me about it,” commented Amber while still texting with JB and JR.

You were going crazy yourself from the heat and didn’t even want to think about the mess you had under your cap, but you couldn’t complain, because that won’t work. So you just sighed and tried to cool down by waving with your hand by your neck. Suddenly, the bus driver braked the bus making everyone inside who was standing, fly to the right side of the bus. Your grip on the handle wasn’t so strong so you lost grip of it and flew into the person to your right.

“Hey! Be careful!” shouted the person beside you to the bus driver. His dark and husky voice made you realize who it was.

You looked up and saw Yongguk stand right beside you. You were literally in his embrace. One of his hands were holding you around your shoulder while the other was holding onto something else, preventing you both from losing balance. He only had a grey wife beater and jeans shorts on, so you could feel his body heat. And man was he hot. Literally.

You never realized how skin ship with a guy could be so nice. It felt good and comfortable. One of your hands was on his upper body, and you could feel his calm heartbeat. You looked up and admired his, although it was pissed, flawless face. Those fierce eyes, fully lips and fair skin were beyond perfect.
Finally, he turned his attention from the bus driver back to you and your eyes met. He was still holding you and you had your hand on his upper body,

“Ehem..” Amber fake coughed which brought you back to reality.

You straightened up and went back to your previous position. As the bus drove again, you looked out through the window on the doors, trying to forget that awkward moment.

“How far is the beach?” you asked Daehyun after realizing that you’ve been in the bus for a long time now.

“Far,” he simply said,”And we need to change bus on the next stop.”
 
“Great.”

 

 

***

 


Two buses and one hour later, you finally arrived to the beach. The strand was pretty huge and there was a lot of people tanning, swimming, playing beach volleyball and of course, surfing. After a couple of minutes of searching, the six of you walked over to a somewhat free spot you found. You fixed all your stuff and the guys didn’t wait any longer and ran off to the shop where they rent surfboards. Yongguk took Zelo’s things to change so Zelo will be forced to use Yongguk’s things.

You and the girls on the other hand walked to the changing room and changed into your swimsuits. You had a black bikini with your blue knee-length shorts. After changing, the three of you walked back to your spot and Himchan was the only one standing there, resting on one of the surfboards.

“Where are the others?” asked Luna as she left her things.

Himchan pointed towards the direction where three very hyper idiots threw each other in the water. “I heard you need some help with the surfing,” Himchan turned to you and smiled.

You looked at Amber and she just shrugged before taking one of the surfboards the guys left and walked away towards the water.

“Well, I never asked for help,” you cleared out that point, “but I can’t surf, that is true.”

“Himchan oppa is really good at it. He can help you!” suggested Luna excitedly, “His sister is a surfer so he knows a lot,” she smiled widely and took her own surfboard before going after Amber.

“So, leave your things and let’s jump into the water!” called Himchan.

“Can I really leave them here alone?” you were afraid that maybe someone could steal something, and you would like to avoid that trouble.

“Yes, it’s okay. No one will do anything. I don’t know how people in the US are,” he laughed, “but here, you can easily leave your things and no one will ever do anything.”

“Is that true?”

He just nodded and waved you over. “Yeah, besides Jongup and Zelo are coming in an hour or so. Come on now!”

 


 

***

 


“Get it?” Himchan took a deep breath after explaining the important things you have to think about while surfboarding.

“Kind of,” you said while looking at the surfboard.

“Okay, good. Now your turn!” he waved you over to his side to show you how to stand one last time.

After he explained everything and you were sure you memorized most of it, the two of you walked into the ice cold water. You shivered from the cold but continued in.

“, so cold,” you managed to get out.

“You’ll get used to it,” he laughed and the two of you stopped walking when the water was up until your waist.

“Jump on!” Himchan laid the surfboard on the water and patted on it.

You did as told and lay on your stomach. You followed the steps Himchan told you and thought about the important things he said. You paddled with your hands a little further away and when it was time to change position from lying to standing, you lost balance and fell into the cold water.

Having your whole body under cold water isn’t the best feeling in the world, but it does help you to get used to it. You jumped up and Himchan just laughed.

“It’s okay! That's a thing beginners have to face,” he explained and brushed off some sea weed from your shoulder. “Let’s try it again.”

The two of you tried this, a couple of times and you kept on falling into the water. Patience is something you don’t have at all, but today, you tried to keep calm and give it a chance. You really did everything right and followed the steps but still didn’t manage to keep yourself on your feet on the board for a minute.

“Aish, I think I need help,” said Himchan while picking you up from the water after falling for the hundredth time.

He looked around and no one was nearby, the others were far away, surfing their bodies out and Zelo and Jongup haven’t arrived yet, just like JB and JR. You were silent because you weren’t really in mood from all the water you drank and searched for someone who could help you and Himchan.

A short distance away, there was a guy who looked just like Yongguk from behind. He had blond hair and a very nice V-shaped body. On his left shoulder-blade, he had a simple tattoo that said ‘Do what u like and luv What u do” with three stars above the text.
You looked at him a little more because he was really hot, when suddenly the guy turned around and you froze from the sight.

“There you are!” shouted Himchan towards the same direction, “Guk, come over here.”

Yongguk raised his eyebrows and looked at you with a smirk after seeing how you looked at him. Dammit!
You hated the fact that he would be here now. You hated the fact that Himchan couldn’t help you on his own. You hated the fact that you are afraid of heights. Then it hit you. All the time, it didn’t work because you were afraid of the height you were standing at. And that’s why your body started shaking every single time you stood up.

Himchan prepared the surfboard one more time and patted on it while waiting for you to jump on. At first you refused but when Yongguk came up to the two of you and Himchan nodded towards you, you had no other choice but to do that.

Once again, you lay down on the board and paddled a couple of metres, with Himchan and Yongguk following you. You stopped at an empty spot and jumped on the board. Focus Jin Ah, focus!
Just then, you realized that the water level was until Yongguk’s and Himchan’s shoulders and right then, your body started shaking again and it was spinning in your head. You lost balance once again and fell to the left side.

The water, as always, welcomed you in a very coldly way, just this time it was much harder to get up because of the depth. You did drink a little bit of water but that is just a part of the meeting between you and the water. You swam up to the water surface just to be greeted by the surfboard above your head that made you fall back into the water again.

You hated your life so much right now. And you hated the person whose idea this was. Himchan. You struggled in the water before two really strong hands grabbed you and pulled you to the left side and up towards the water surface. The person pulled you up and held you in his embrace. After the water from you eyes disappeared, and you could see clearly again, you saw Yongguk’s face just inches away from yours.

“Enough,” he said and started walking towards the strand.  

“Jin Ah, are you okay?” asked Himchan with guilt.


You just nodded but your body was shaking like crazy because you were freezing. So much cold water in a short amount of time was too much for your body to handle. You were shaking in Yongguk’s embrace and tried to pull away but he refused to let go. You looked at his face while still shaking and somehow, you could see in his eyes that he knew the reason to why you kept falling.


When you were on the strand again, Yongguk let go of you and walked to your spot to take Zelo’s towel and dry him up. Himchan left the surfboard to the side and turned to you.

“Time for some rest,” he said and just in time, Luna and Amber walked out of the water and joined you.

 

 

***


 

Minutes later, you were lying on your towel with your stomach facing the ground. The sun dried your body and you didn’t freeze anymore, instead you felt the sunrays burn your skin because your skin is so fair that you have a hard time tanning and burn instead.

“Luna, take some sunscreen and smear it on my back,” you ordered.

“Luna is with Himchan and Daehyun over there, talking with some strangers,” you heard Amber.

“Okay, then Amber, take some sunscreen and smear it on my back,” you ordered instead.

 

You heard her sigh and search in her bag for the sunscreen. “Damn it! I didn’t bring mine. I’ll go and buy one. Be right back!” she said and ran off to the nearest store.

“I’m coming with you!” shouted Youngjae after her and ran into the same direction.

You were lying there with closed eyes and enjoyed the peace. You didn’t care about who was there and who wasn’t and tried really hard to fall asleep. The events that happened just moments ago started playing in your mind again. You couldn’t help but think of Yongguk’s hot body and strong grips. On the other hand, you started to get annoyed from the fact that he is always there nearby. Whether you want it or not. Also all the different vibes you get from him. One day, he is a douche bag and idiot, the other day he helps you with different things and after that goes to his normal self again, being a jerk.

And the plan? What plan is he talking about and why did he say that to you? You really didn’t understand a thing but then remembered all the times he said to you that he will get back at you. Is he really still trying to get me laid? If that is the case, than he has lost his mind.

As long as you are at your mind, you will never agree on that. Never in your life. Especially if he tries to do that in the same way he does with other girls. You heard some footsteps come closer to you, which interrupted your thoughts and you assumed that it was Amber who bought the sunscreen. You had your eyes still closed but you heard her sit down beside you and open the bottle just to put some of the cream on your back.

“You can open the bikini if you want,” you said to her so it is easier for her to massage the cream in.

Strangely, she did it really slowly and began smearing the cream on your back. Her hands were really smooth and she was really good at massaging. You didn’t even know, but her fingers felt slim and long and danced perfectly over your back. As she massaged, her hands kept going down to your waist, hugging both of your sides and when she did that, somehow her hands felt manly.

“Amber, don’t forget my neck,” you said to her and her hands immediately went to your neck and massaged that area too.

She was really good at what she was doing and that made you questioning if she did this often.

“Hyung?!” you looked up to where the voice came from and saw Zelo standing there, totally in shock, with Jongup, JR and JB behind him. “You have to be kidding with me?!”

He was looking at someone behind you when you turned around; you widened your eyes in shock just like Zelo. The person who massaged you the whole time wasn’t Amber but Yongguk. 



 


tumblr_lq8luegjKS1qbvud0o1_400.jpg