Chapter 12

My Enemy, My Lover in the Skatepark

A/N: I've just reached over 550 subs, and that is... AWESOME! THANK YOU EVERYONE!  

 


 




”Why the hell is she with them?!” Amber walked in circles, “Wasn’t it just Himchan she would meet?” she stopped in her track to look at you and shook her head, just to continue on with walking in circles.

“I don’t know,” you said while following Luna and the guys with your eyes.

When they entered the skatepark, they headed to the corner where Yongguk and his clique use to hang out. The only difference this time was that there were only him, Himchan and Luna.

Something is fishy and I really don’t know what he wants…


Yongguk’s P.O.V

After Himchan called Luna, we waited for her in front of the skatepark to come out. The plan for today was to get out as much information as possible. Himchan seamed a bit nervous but I personally didn’t care. All I wanted was Jin Ah and I’ll make sure to get her.

“This is stupid… and mean,” Himchan took a seat on the bench, “Aren’t you taking this a little too far?”

“No,” I answered coldly, “Now shut up.”

“No, Yongguk, I’m not going to shut up!” he stood up and walked towards me, “Can you even imagine what the people here would think of you if they knew what you were doing?” he stood right in front of me with his index finger pointing and poking my shoulder, “Seducing and getting a girl shouldn’t be so damn hard. If it isn’t going well the first or second time, just ing give up!”

I looked at him for a brief second before losing my mind. Nobody here shouts at me like this.
 “Who the hell are you to tell me something like this?! I’ll do whatever I want and nobody, I repeat nobody, is going to stop me!” I slightly pushed him back, “Now calm your and stop being such a drama queen. It’s not like I’m doing something illegal.”

“Whatever man,” I could see him giving up on convincing me, “I’m your friend and I’m not the nicest guy either, but this..” he waved with his hand around me “… is going too far. I’m your friend but this is the last time I’ll help you when it comes to Jin Ah.”

He turned around so I was facing his back. Right then I saw Luna coming out from the skatepark. She looked around and spotted me, standing beside Himchan. I could see regret in her eyes but she couldn’t go back now.

“The last time Guk,” Himchan whispered before taking a step forward, “Hi Luna!” his mood changed 360 degrees.

Luna smiled nervously and waved with her hand, “Hi Himchan oppa.”

She looked at me once again before turning towards Himchan. “What is he doing here?” she whispered as if I couldn’t hear her.

“Ehm, well…”

“I’m here to hang out with you. Why?” I interrupted Himchan, “Am I not allowed?” I faked a sob. An ironical sob.

“Oh, no no. I’m fine with it,” she smiled nervously again.

“Good,” I answered coldly and sat down on the bench again.


 

 

***

 

 

“Damn, what an idiot,” Himchan and Luna laughed as hard as they could at some random dude Luna just told him about.

“I know right. I was really shocked myself. All I wanted right then was to go home,” she laughed while holding her stomach.

I couldn’t bear this anymore. After walking back and forth, from the bench they were sitting on, to the entrance of the skatepark, for the God-knows-what time, I could see that Jin Ah and Amber left.

“Ayo, let’s go in and sit there,” I shouted after Himchan and Luna, while pointing to the skatepark.

Luna looked at Himchan and he just nodded. I waited for them to approach me before entering the skatepark with them. We walked over to our usual corner and sat on one of the benches. It was time that I get to the main point of our plan.

“Where are your friends?” I asked Luna out of nowhere. I could see that she was surprised by my sudden question but I pretended as if it was nothing.

“M-mine?” she asked carefully.

“No mine. Of course yours,” I rolled my eyes. Suddenly I felt someone kicking me under the table. I looked down at the foot that was kicking me and then up the meet eyes with the owner of the foot. Himchan gave me a look that I couldn’t read so he mouthed an ‘at least be nice’.

“Oh, I actually don’t know,” she looked around in the park, “I left them when Himchan called me, because he wanted to talk to me,” she stopped talking and turned to Himchan, “Which brings me to ask you, what do you want to talk about?” she tilted her head to the side.

Himchan widened his eyes and looked at me before turning to her again. He started laughing nervously, “Did I say talk to you? Nooo, I meant hang out with you,” he slightly hit her shoulder, “Yeah, hang out with you,” he repeated the answer after realizing that was a good cover up.

“They maybe went to meet some guys or something,” I teased.

She turned towards me again with a confused look, “Naah, I don’t think so. Amber isn’t that type of girl and Jin Ah is really hard to get.”

Hard to get. Noted.

“Really? Hard to get?” I leaned over the table a bit with crossed arms, “Well, I see her with JB for example, all the time.”

“JB? No. They are just friends, and you know that,” she became more confident when it came to the topic ‘friends’.

“I wouldn’t say that. I could see that they flirt a lot.”

“They flirt a lot? What?” she looked at Himchan then back at me, “I really don’t know what you’re talking about but JB and Jin Ah are just friends.”

Still available. Noted.

“I think JB likes her,” I said.

“I don’t think so and even if he did, she doesn’t like him in that way.”

“Who does she like then?” I leaned a bit more over the table.

“She doesn’t like anyone but..” suddenly she stopped talking. She widened her eyes and put her hands over .

Bingo.

“But..?” I arched my eyebrows.

“N-nothing,
” she laughed nervously again, “I-I have to go,” she was on her way up but I grabbed her hand and pulled her slightly down.

“So there is someone our Jin Ah has an eye for,” I smirked.

“I r-really ha-have to go,” she snatched her arm from my grip and stood up once again.

“Go Luna,” said Himchan out of nowhere, “I will talk to you some other time.”

She nodded and grabbed her skateboard, “Bye oppa,” she said to Himchan and looked at me one last time before jumping on her skateboard and skating away.

When she disappeared from our sight I smirked and turned to look at Himchan, who looked really pissed.

“I hope you are satisfied,” he said through his teeth.

“More than satisfied,” I smiled and took my skateboard to skate around a bit after this successful conversation.

 

 

***

 

 

Your P.O.V

After an hour or two of hanging out in your hideout, you and Amber decided to go home because there weren’t so many people in the skatepark and JB couldn’t come today because he and JR were busy with the registration of the participants for Saturday. The two of you decided to register tomorrow, so now you didn’t have anything to do.

When you arrived home, nobody was there as usual. You took off your shoes and put your skateboard to the side before walking to the kitchen. You opened the fridge but didn’t find anything that you could eat immediately. There wasn’t any ready-made food because both of your parents work and you’re never home. You took out your phone and called your dad.

Hello?” he answered calmly.

“Dad, where are you?” you asked right away.

Hi to you too sweetheart,” he chuckled.

“Dad, seriously.”

Alright, alright,” he laughed, “Actually your mother and I are on a dinner right now. Why?”

“Sweet. The two of you are eating very delicious food while I, over here, am starving to death.”

Your father chuckled again, “You can come if you want. I can call a taxi to come and pick you up.”

“Never mind. I’ll just see what I can find here,” you were so irritated that you said that sentence in English.

As you want Gina,” your father answered in the same language.

“Bye,” you hung up before he could say something else.

Just as you hung up, your phone started vibrating. You made a grimace before looking at the caller ID. It was Luna.

“Hello?” you answered coldly.

Jin Ah,” she let out in a whisper.

“What is it?” you arched an eyebrow even though she couldn’t see it.

“I need to talk to you. I did something… I shouldn’t have,” suddenly you heard a slapping noise on the other side, “Stupid, stupid, stupid,” Luna called herself.

“Hey, hey, hey!” you shouted, “Calm down now!”

“I can’t!!”

“What happened?” you asked.

“I need to tell you this face to face. It is the least I can do.

“Alright, we can take this tomorrow then. Can we?” you suggested.

It was silent for a second before Luna answered, “Sure.”

“Good. Anything else?”

No. That was it. I’ll call you tomorrow then so we can meet up.”

“Okay, See you.”

You hung up and sighed deeply before turning to the fridge again, thinking of what you could make to eat.

 

 

 

***

 

 

The next morning, Amber and you went over to JR’s shop to register yourselves. It was pretty crowded but the two of you could skip the queue because JR let you in. Amber and you jointed JB and JR behind the counter and helped them with some stuff.

“Here you go, number 29,” JB gave you the sticker after registering you.

“Thanks,” you smiled and left the sticker to the side for now.

“So, how was your day yesterday?” JB tried to start a conversation.

“Boring,” you answered simply.

“Yeah, just because I wasn’t there to be with you right?” he teased.

You thought about it for a second and it was actually true. If JB was there, the day wouldn’t have been as boring as it was. He is the one who always makes you laugh and always has interesting topics to talk about.

“Yeah, you could say that,” you smiled.

“I knew it,” he was satisfied with the answer, “Today is the last day for the registration, so after this I’ll have time so we can hang out.”

“Good,” you nodded and turned to JR who wrote down names.

“Jin Ah, number,” he said, eyes still on the paper in front of him.

You turned to JB and arched your eyebrows. He got the hint and took out the next number and gave it to you, which you gave to JR.

“Thank yoou~” he sang.

Amber was somewhere in the shop, checking out the newest board models. You looked around in the shop and this was the first time you could check it out properly. It wasn’t as huge as most of the famous skate shops, but it was big. The walls had covers in graffiti style and there were hundred boards hanging on them. In the middle of the shop were several tables with stickers, wheels, oil and other skateboard stuff.

You turned around and saw the door that leads to the room Gyuri was in the first time you were here.

“Where is Gyuri?” you whispered to JB, not wanting that witch to hear you.

“She isn’t here,” he laughed, “You don’t need to whisper,” he patted your head.

“Oh. Okay.”

You turned your attention back to the counter and registration when suddenly your phone started ringing and as expected it was Luna.

“Hey, where are you?” you asked.

“I’m in front of the shop, come out,” she said. You looked through the window and you could see her standing there.

“Alright, let me just get Amb-“

No! Absolutely not!” she shouted.

“Why? Why not?” you were shocked.

She can’t be here. I don’t dare to talk to you about this in front of her. She would kill me. Now, just come out!”

“Okay, I’m coming jeez.”

Luna hung up and you turned to JB, “I’m going to go now. Tell Amber I’ll call her later or something.”

“Going already? Maaan, okay,” he was disappointed but still smiled at you.

“Bye JR!” you patted his back as you walked past him.

“See you Jin Ah. Thank you!”

You winked and walked out of the shop.

 

 

***

 

 

“Damn it, Luna,” you sighed after she told you what happened yesterday when she was with Himchan and Yongguk.

“I’m telling you. That guy has lost his mind. And Jin Ah, I’m so so so sorry. I was just…” she started slapping herself again. “Stupid, stupid, stupid, st-“

“Stop it already!” you grabbed her arm, “I’m… forgiving you. But just because you actually are stupid!” you half shouted, “Just stop slapping yourself anymore.”

“Okay. Sorry.”

“Gaah, Stop saying that word!” you grew irritated.

“Okay okay.”

The two of you were sitting on grass somewhere you have never been. You ended up there after walking for a long time.

“Come on, time to walk back home,” you stood up and brushed off some dust.

Luna followed your actions and in no time, the two of you were on your way home. You were thinking about Yongguk and tried to figure out why he asked those questions to Luna. 

“Is he always so desperate?” you asked her.

“What?” she didn’t understand your sudden question.

“Yongguk. Is he always desperate like he is now?”

“Not that I know. He is actually cold towards any girl that ever rejects him, and there aren’t so many of them,” she informed.

“Weird.”

After a couple of blocks of walking, you began recognizing the area.

“Oh well. Let’s go home now and just.. forget about what happened okay?” you said calmly because you saw that Luna was sorry and regret what she did.

“Yeah. I need some rest. I was dying to tell you this because I felt like a horrible friend,” she looked at the ground.

“It’s alright. I mean, who the hell is Yongguk? Some retarded idiot,” you took a step closer to her, “I’m not afraid of him nor do I care about him, so don’t worry.”

She looked up and smiled at your words. Yes, you were angry and pissed at her for doing such a thing but she has punished herself enough.

“Go home now and rest.”

“Alright. See you tomorrow at the competition,” she smiled and the two of you walked into different directions.

As you were walking and kicking a random stone you spotted a familiar figure in front of you. The person was struggling with big and heavy bags. Suddenly one of the bags broke and all of the stuff that was in there, landed on the ground and rolled away. You ran up to the person to help her and that was when you saw who it was.

“Mrs Kwon?”

The woman looked up and her expression changed from tired to surprised. “Oh, hello Jin Ah,” she said while picking up some of the stuff and putting it in another bag. You helped her and picked up the things that rolled away.

“Do you need help?” you asked her after putting the rest of the things in one of the remaining bags.

“No, no. I’m fine,” she smiled weakly before picking up the bags.

They were pretty heavy so you decided to help her even though she didn’t want to.

“Here, let me help you.”

“No, Jin Ah. It really is ok-“

You cut her off by taking two bags from her hands, “Come now,” you started walking ahead.


You saw her smile to herself before walking after you. As you were walking, you couldn’t help but wonder why she decided to go grocery shopping without any help.

“Where is Yongguk?” you asked her, “Why isn’t he here to help you? I mean, there are a lot of things to carry and one person can’t do that.”

“Oh dear, I called him several times but he isn’t answering. I think he is sleeping right now,”

“Sleeping?!” you accidently shouted., “I-I mean. That is not okay.”

“I know, I know. But what can I do?” she laughed.

You smiled at her but this wasn’t anything to laugh at. This wasn’t funny at all. You understand if that guy doesn’t care about anyone but his mother isn’t just some person he can ignore whenever he wants.

As you approached their house, mrs Kwon called you inside so you could put the bags in the kitchen. After doing that you turned around and it was really silent in the house.

“Is it okay if I go and say hi to Yongguk?” you asked her while pointing to his room.

“Sure darling. Go ahead. It’s time for him to wake up anyway,” she smiled.

You nodded and walked out of the kitchen. As you came closer and closer to his room, your face turned more and more serious.

You were going to teach that guy a lesson he won’t forget for the rest of his life.
And you were going to release all the anger on him that you felt but couldn’t release on Luna.