Girl Time

I Was Completely Okay... Until I Met the Choi Brothers

 

 

"Thank you so much for letting me come to your house. I wouldn't have been able to take the guys after... Yeah." I sighed and CL and I stepped into her home.
 
"No problem. I'm glad to help." CL replied, shutting the door behind us.
 
We walked down a hall, and I couldn't help but look at the family photos. I was confused, so I stopped Chaerin. "Uh, isn't that Sunny from SNSD and Onew from SHINee?" I asked, pointing to a picture where CL was posing with the pair.
 
"Also known as Lee Jinki and Lee Soon Kyu. My older siblings. Fraternal twins." CL sighed and nodded.
 
I looked at her, surprised. "But you hate Girls Generation!"
 
CL nodded. "All the better reason to hate them."
 
I sighed. "Geez. First Siwon, Top, and Minho, then Donghae, Seungri, and Taemin, and now you and Sunny and Onew!"
 
CL looked at me, amused. "You arent familiar with all the relationships in our school, are you?"
 
I shook my head.
 
CL led me to her room, which consisted of hot pink walls with black zebra print, and zebra print accessories. I loved it.
 
She grabbed a yearbook, and I sat on her bed. She pointed to a picture of SNSD's Sooyoung, who I was friends with. "Cousins with your lover boys." she pointed to Yuri. "Jiyong's little sister."
 
"Wow." I nodded. "I guess talent does run in the family."
 
"Yep." CL nodded. "I can't stand Sunny, but I love Onew. Outside of school. We don't really talk in school."
 
"I've noticed." I nodded. "You guys don't really talk to the other groups."
 
"They don't like us." CL shrugged. "They think we're too bad . Most girls our age want to act all cute and aegyo. We hate that. And the guys want to be all hot and y. Bit Bang doesn't really try to act that way."
 
"But yet they are both hot and y." I added.
 
"Yeah." CL nodded. She looked at me. "So... Top kissed you..." she smiled, let out a squeal, and poked me multiple times. 
 
I blushed and nodded. "That he did... And then he didn't talk to me for the rest of the day." I looked at her. "You know, it was really weird. He may not have talked to me, but yet he still came to my locker after lunch and sixth period. He just silently took my books and walked me to my class, nodded, and walked away."
 
"Because now he knows you know he likes you.. He's at that stage where he doesn't know what to do."
 
"Did you see the way Siwon looked at me after the kiss? It was like he was..."
 
"Amused at the fact he has competition now? Oh yeah."
 
"And Minho looked--"
 
"Confused beyond all doubt? Yeah, I saw that."
 
My phone buzzed for the ump-teenth time. "And now-"
 
"All three of them won't stop texting or calling you?" CL smirked.
 
"Wow you are really good!" I exclaimed to CL as I hit ignore on Siwon's call.
 
"I know." CL shrugged happily. "But, look at the bright side! Now you know you want to be with Top."
 
I looked at her. "How do you know I want to be with Top?"
 
"You said you felt electricity. Isn't that like, the tell-all of kissing? Like, that means you need to be with him?"
 
"But... But... Siwon is so hot!!! And Minho is so adorable I just want to hug him and never let go! I Don't know!" I flopped back so I was laying down on her bed.
 
My phone buzzed on my stomach. I groaned and answered it. "What?" I whined.
 
"Uh, where are you?" A voice said on the other line. TOP.
 
I sat up and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "I'm at CL's... Why?"
 
"You didn't answer my texts or pick up my calls... I thought we could talk about earlier." TOP sounded disappointed.
 
I sighed heavily. "I know, and I'm sorry about that. I'm just a little... Confused. About a lot."
 
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry because it's about me, isn't it? I should have never kissed you and-"
 
"What, now you regret kissing me?" I asked, shocked. CL's head snapped up from inspecting her nails, and she was at my side, ear on the other side of my phone to listen, pretty much cheek to cheek with me.
 
"N-no, no! I don't regret kissing you. I just, I feel bad. Because I caught off guard and with you and Siwon or Minho I just-"
 
"Nothing is legit going on with me and either of your brothers!" I exclaimed. "Don't be sorry for kissing me."
 
"Oh... Well... I'm sorry..."
 
"Stop saying your sorry!" I exclaimed helplessly. I took a deep breath and calmed down. "Im sorry... Look, I think things would be a lot easier if I went back home. Me being with you and the others at your home, it's complicating things too much."
 
"You can't go home, Emma! It's not safe."
 
"My dad is in jail, Top. It'll be fine and better for all of us."
 
"Not better for me. Now I'll be worrying all the time..." TOP muttered.
 
"Just let me think about all this, okay? I'm sorry I'm putting you in this situation."
 
"She's staying the night at my house." CL spoke up.
 
"CL? How long has she been listening?" TOP asked.
 
"Long enough to know you need to step up and tell her how you feel instead of stuttering!" CL exclaimed.
 
"Chae!" I gasped, jerking back so she couldn't hear anymore. "Top, I'm so sorry. I'll just... Text me later, okay? Bye."
 
"Bye" TOP replied, confused.
 
I hung up the call, and covered my face. "This is terrible!"
 
"No it isn't. You just need to calm down. And you need to straighten things out."
 
"Straighten things out? How?"
 
"Well... Has Top said anything to you about liking you?"
 
"I don't know! A quarter of the time he's speaking Korean to fool with my brain!"
 
"Did he speak in Korean before you kissed?" CL asked.
 
I nodded. "He said something like... Jig-oom animee-yon giho-ay?"
 
"You mean Jigeum animyeon gihoe?" CL asked
 
"Yeah, that." I nodded.
 
"He said, it's now or never. Which I guess he was second guessing kissing you, and then he manned up and did it. Has he said anything else?"
 
I thought for a moment. "Last night he was speaking in Korean to mess with me and he said Nanoon norul joa-hayo"
 
CL squealed. "He said Nanun norul joaheyo? Omo, Emma! He said he likes you."
 
"What? No." I shook my head. "He would have told me in English if he liked me. Siwon told me in English."
 
"Because Siwon is more brave than Top. That was a big step for him to do that. You're the first girl he said he likes since Bom! That's huge!"
 
"But he knew I couldn't understand." I pointed out.
 
"True... Maybe he'll ask you to the dance." CL smirked.
 
I covered my mouth, remembering what Siwon was about to ask me earlier. "Oh my god, Siwon was going to ask me! And then Top called me!"
 
CL's eyes widened. "Uh oh..."
 
"Yeah." I nodded.
 
Just then, there was a knock at CL'a door.
 
It opened, and there was Sunny on the other end, dressed in athletic shorts and a shirt that bared her stomach. She had her arms crossed and was looking at me. "There's someone here to see you." she sneered.
 
"Me? Who?" I asked, standing and grabbing my crutches.
 
"Almighty President." Sunny scoffed, rolled her eyes, and left.
 
"She is such a ..." CL muttered, following me out of her room.
 
I walked over to the door, and I jumped when I saw Siwon standing, a book bag over his shoulder. "Wh-what are you doing here?" I asked quietly.
 
"Well, I heard you were staying the night here, so Mason packed you some clothes and I brought it over." he took the bag off his shoulder. "And I wanted to talk to you."
 
I looked back at CL, unsure what to do. CL cleared . "I'm... Gonna go make us some ramen."
 
"Nice to see you, Chaerin." Siwon said as CL left for the kitchen.
 
I looked at Siwon. "If this is about earlier, I-"
 
"You liked that he kissed you." Siwon smirked. He looked at my shocked expression and put his hands up in surrender. "I get it, okay? I know you're close with him."
 
"I'm sorry... I just-"
 
"Dot be sorry." Siwon shook his head. "I just can now confirm I have some competition."
 
"Competition?"
 
Siwon chuckled. "Just because he's my brother doesn't mean I'm giving up on you. I like you too much for that."
 
I was speechless. And I was kind of touched. He didn't want to give up on me. 
 
He noticed my speechlessness, and chuckled. "I'll let you go back to your little slumber party with Chaerin. Bye, Emma." he handed me the book bag and left.
 
CL came back in, holding two bowls and chopsticks. "Care to tell me what he said?"
 
"Yeah." I nodded. We walked back to her room. I sat down, and CL handed me a bowl and plopped down next to me.
 
"So, what happened?"
 
"He said he's not giving up on me." I confessed, stirring the ramen around.
 
"Really? Wow." CL nodded. "Shocking." 
 
"I know." I looked at CL. "What if I don't know who to go with to the dance? What if I don't want to go with any of them?"
 
CL looked at me, chopsticks in . "What do you mean you don't want to go with any of them?"
 
"I don't know if I even want to date any of them! And I don't want to hurt any of them more than I already have."
 
--------
 
Later that evening, CL and I were watching some music show on her tv. There was a knock on her door.
"Rinny-ah! I got you and Emma ice cream." Onew said, poking his head in.
 
He tossed CL and I each a pint of ice cream and spoons. I heard someone say something behind Onew, and Onew scoffed and said something back, then pushed someone behind him.
 
"Let me see!" a familiar voice said. The person leaned on Onew, and Onew lost his balance and fell into CL's room. Minho landed on top of him.
 
"Yah, Jinki! The reason why Emma is here is so she doesn't have to see the Chois!" CL frowned.
 
"Im sorry! He came over unexpected." Onew grunted and stood, Minho quickly following his lead. 
 
Minho shyly waved at me. "Hi, Emma."
 
"Hey." I sighed. "Did you want to say something?"
 
"Just... Remember when we played basketball?" Minho asked.
 
I nodded slowly. Was he going to bring up the kiss?
 
"I'm competitive, Emma. I don't lose to anyone." Minho smirked. He and Onew left.
 
CL started snickering. "Oh my God! He's not giving up!"
 
"None of them are." I groaned, flopping back.
 
CL thought for a moment. "I can help you with the dance date." she tested something on her phone.
 
"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to look.
 
CL smiled slyly. "You'll find out tomorrow."