Conundrum

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
Junsu hadn’t had any other thought for the past two days. Lee Syae Ri – he had learned her full name and other necessary information about her after asking (in a way he was sure wasn’t suspicious) his sister – had been constantly running on his mind after their first meeting. So much so that he would joke to himself that he was glad she still wasn’t tired from it yet.

But then he was feeling half-mesmerized and half-bothered by his thoughts. Junsu would imagine Syae Ri’s sweet smile but a second after that her smile will fade while her gaze turned into an icy stare.

He remembered vividly the whole time when they were in Syae Ri’s kitchen together. Junsu would look at her but she would either look away from him or glare at him angrily. The worse moment was when he tried to strike up a conversation with her.

`♥`-------FLASHBACK-------`♥`

“Uhm, hey.” Junsu said in his dolphin voice as he sat next to Syae Ri. She only nodded but her gaze was still on Seun Yoo and Changmin who were chatting, or rather, Seun Yoo was chatting while Changmin only nodded his replies, his eyes seemed to fix on Ji Soo who was reading a book in the corner.

“So…” Junsu started. “You’re Yoochun’s soon to be stepsister?”

“Yes.” She replied acidly, still not looking at him. “That detail was said over and over again. I guess you weren’t listening.”

Junsu’s cheeks went red with embarrassment but he shrugged off her reply.

“Oh, sorry. It was a sort of a standard question, you know, to start a conversation.”

Syae Ri now turned to look at him, her eyes cold and she didn’t dare hide how irritated she was with him around.

“I know. And that was a reply to NOT let that conversation start.”

She gave him an I-don’t-want-to-talk-to-you look as she stood up and walked out of the kitchen.

`♥`-------END OF FLASHBACK-------`♥`

“Aish.” Junsu muttered loudly as he tried to rack his brain of whatever he did to make the girl hate him so much.

“Yah, oppa!”

Ji Soo’s voice startled him back to the present time. He looked up at her and saw concern etched on her childish features.

“Huh?”

“Oppa, are you okay? You seem a little bit out of yourself.” Ji Soo asked as she bit on a piece of bread.

“He’s been like that lately.” Hee Soo, the youngest of the three, butted in. She was just finishing her bowl of breakfast and Junsu had just remembered that his youngest sister was there in front of him.

“Oppa?” Ji Soo asked again.

“Yah, it’s nothing!” he said to them but his voice was higher than normal and that had blown his cover. “Don’t fuss over nothing.”

Ji Soo raised an eyebrow. “Fine. Whatever, oppa.” She was about to go back to her room again when Junsu stopped her.

“Uh… Ji Soo-ah.” He said.

She turned around and faced him. “Hmm?”

“Uh… Are you going out today, like, going to your friend’s house or something like that?” Junsu made his tone as casual as possible, hoping that Ji Soo wouldn’t see through his question. Ji Soo only eyed him curiously.

“No. Maybe I’ll go out to the bookstore later but that’s it… Why?”

Junsu shook his head. “Oh, nothing.” He tried but failed to hide the disappointment in his voice.

Ji Soo gave her younger sister a what-was-that look but Hee Soo only shook her head.

“Beats me.” she mouthed.

They watched as their older brother sank down deep into his thoughts again.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Comments are loved loved loved!
-----
omg! I'm sorry Junsu for making u the tortured one... T_T
hmm, well, thinking about it, ALL of the guys will be tortured here one way or another... *evil laugh*