Apologies

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
“Aigoo!”

Ji Soo murmured to herself as she plopped herself down on the bed. She took out her phone from a pocket and saw one text message. It was from her friend, Yesung.

[○Yesung-Sunbae○]
Yah, Kim Ji Soo! Remember our promise, right? I hope you actually did something about your feelings for a certain someone named Changmin. K k k k…

“What the frigging hell?” Ji Soo said irately as she angrily tossed her phone under her pillow. “What’s up with people today? Why the hell do they keep bringing Changmin up? Aigoo!”

She took another pillow and buried her face on it.

“Aigoo!!! Brothers and sunbaes… why can’t they just leave me alone?” Ji Soo asked to no one in particular through the pillow.

“Because you know that you actually have to face HIM sooner or later.” A small voice inside her head answered.

Ji Soo quickly furrowed her eyebrows and shook the thought out of her head. She didn’t need that kind of reminder right now. All she needed was sleep so that she could have a clear mind.

“Oh wait.” Ji Soo muttered as she grabbed her phone again. Her silly argument with herself made her forget the real reason why she took out her phone earlier.

♥;♥;♥;♥

[♫Ji Soo♫]
Unnie, are you sure you really and can’t possibly have feelings for Junsu-oppa?

Syae Ri read the text twice just to be sure she didn’t misunderstand it. She raised an eyebrow for a second before sending her reply.

[C: SyaeRiUnnie C:]
YES! I haven’t been absolutely sure in my life except for now. Y’d u ask?”

[♫Ji Soo♫]
Oh… nothing. Just asking… ^-^ kkkk…

Syae Ri raised an eyebrow again. She was sure this was not nothing. All of Ji Soo’s actions always have a hidden agendas to them even if the younger girl swears it’s “nothing”.

“Aish. What’s that girl planning?” Syae Ri wondered to herself.

♥;♥;♥;♥

“Unnie…” Seun Yoo pleaded with glimmering eyes yet Sae In’s face still looked cold as she stood near the door of the Song mansion.

“What do you want me to say?” the older girl asked.

“Please, unnie. Mianhe… I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to keep it a secret, I really didn’t. It just felt… right at the time. I know it was stupid of me to do that but, I promise, no more secrets from now on… please.”

Sae In raised an eyebrow but the smile she was forcing herself not to show finally came out of hiding. “Okay, okay.” She said, almost chuckling. “I’m not mad at you anymore so you don’t have to apologize.”

A smile came across Seun Yoo’s lips but then followed by a pout. “Yah! Were you just acting like you were mad at me earlier on?”

“Uhmm, maybe…”

“Yah!”

“Fine, I was. I was. But it’s what you get since you were the first one who ‘played tricks’.”

Seun Yoo scowled. “Aish, unnie! It’s not like I tricked you or anything.”

“No, no, no. Not that kind of trick. I meant tongue tricks with Yoochun-sshi.” Sae In said, amused.

“WHAT?” The younger girl’s cheeks went scarlet.

Sae In chuckled. “I’m kidding.”

“So you forgive me? You’re not mad at me anymore?”

“No, not anymore. What’s done is done. But promise me two things.”

“What is it?” Seun Yoo asked.

“One, no more secrets like that, okay?” The younger girl nodded. “And two, make sure you and Yoochun-sshi go to some private place the next time you play ‘tongue tricks’ with each other, arasso? It’s kinda creepy when we have to watch you two make out.”

“Yah, unnie!” An embarrassed Seun Yoo whined.

Sae In just chuckled. “I was actually serious on that. So, have you apologized to the other girls or am I the first one?”

“You’re the first one since I figured you’re the hardest to apologize to, besides Da Hae-unnie, and when you finally forgive me then the other unnies will forgive me too.” Seun Yoo stated with a hint of hopefulness in her tone.

“Ah, I see. Well, come on.” The older girl said with a smile as she stepped out of her house. “I’ll help you with the others.”

“Really, unnie?”

“Yeah. Oh wait, I have to go get changed first.”

Sae In and Seun Yoo went inside the house so that Sae In could change and get ready. After about more than half an hour, they went out. They decided to go to Da Hae’s first since she’s the hardest to apologize to out of the five of them.

♥;♥;♥;♥

“It’s okay. I’m not actually that angry with you.” Da Hae said flatly as she got out of their restaurant with what looked like a relieved facial expression on.

“You weren’t, unnie?” Seun Yoo asked incredulously.

“Yeah. It’s not like you killed someone or anything.” Da Hae said jokingly. The other two girls noticed that she was looking behind her shoulder a few times, glancing back inside the restaurant as if watching out for someone.

“Uhm, Da Hae-ah, you okay?” Sae In asked, her eyes searching for a clue through the window of the establishment.

“Uhm, yeah. Why do you ask? I’m fine.”

“Well, it’s just that you look kind of worried.” Sae In answered, still suspicious.

“Aigoo. How can I not be worried?” Da Hae thought grudgingly to herself as what had happened to her earlier replayed in her head.

`---FLASHBACK---`

“Da Hae-ah,” her mother called her. “Kindly tell Jaejoong-ah to go buy some radish and some cabbages. We’re running low on them. Here’s some money.”

Dae Pyo-ahjumma gave her a bundle of cash then went off. Da Hae stood there looking at the money in her hands. Her heart was starting to beat faster than normal in nervousness but she ignored. Da Hae put on a cold look and headed to the kitchen.

“J-Jaejoong-sshi.” She said as soon as she entered.

Jaejoong turned in surprise. She was calling him. She was actually calling and—probably—would talk to him. The idea got him excited inside.

“D-Da Hae-ah?” he asked incredulously yet eagerly at the same time.

“Umma said to buy more cabbages and radishes. Here’s the money.” She said in the coldest voice she could muster. Da Hae extended out her arm to give Jaejoong the money but instead of taking the money, he grabbed her arm and pulled her to a hug.

“Yah! What are you doing?” Da Hae asked.

“Nothing… I just… missed this.” He said simply.

“Yah!” Da Hae pulled him away and glared at him. “Don’t think that things between us are okay.” She spat. “It’s still not. You are not in the position to something like that with me.”

Da Hae placed the money on the kitchen counter and stormed off of the kitchen. She hurriedly went to the bathroom and locked herself for a few minutes there. Da Hae’s heart kept skipping a beat. She breathed in and out to calm herself down.

Da Hae may not ever admit it aloud but she actually hers and Jaejoong’s little moments too. She missed HIM. But anger and pride won’t let her do those things that she ought to do.

`---END OF FLASHBACK---`

“Yah, Da Hae-ah?” Sae In repeated.

“Huh?” the younger girl replied, finally snapping back to reality.

“I asked what time you’d be getting off. We’re going to Ji Soo’s after this.”

“Oh, uhm, I actually could go off now. Wait for me here, okay? I’d just go talk to umma.”

Da Hae flashed a smile and went inside the restaurant again.

Seun Yoo and Sae In looked at each other.

“Unnie, you think that something’s up with Da Hae-unnie too?” the youngest asked.

“Yeap. I can see something’s bothering her. But I admit I have no clue what it is.”

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Comments are much appreciated ^-^