Problematic Hearts ii

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
Sae In tried folded the paper to the right. She frowned. She folded it to the left and compared her paper to the origami swan Kibum was holding. It was nowhere near it.

“You shouldn’t be folding it this way.” He said, taking the piece of almost crumpled paper away from her and mending it himself. “It’s like this. See?”

Sae In nodded but the frown was still on her face. “Araso.” She said with pursed lips.

“Don’t do it like that, got it? And don’t get frustrated easily you’ll really be annoyed with it.” Kibum ordered in a teacherly tone.

“Okay, I got it.” Sae In answered, trying to hide her annoyance.

“I can teach you something else if you’d like.” He offered.

She forced a smile. “Uhm, no thanks. I’ll think I’ll just get fresh air for a while.”

“Okay then.”

Sae In stood up and walked out of the café. She took a deep breath and leaned on a pole.

“Aish.” She muttered.

`---Flashback---`

“Sae In-sshi!” Yunho called.

She stopped walking and turned around, only to see Yunho wearing bunny ears on the top of his head and acting like he was eating his cell phone like a rabbit would eat a carrot.

“Omo! Yunho-sshi!” she said, chuckling. “You look like an idiot. It really suits you!”

He scowled. “Yah, yah, yah! I’m not Junsu! I don’t suit being an idiot.” He said, acting angry.

Sae In chuckled. “I was kidding!”

Yunho grinned and placed the rabbit ears back on the rack of the stall where he took it. “Really?”

It was her turn to grin. “Hmm, maybe half.”

`---End Of Flashback---`

Sae In took a lungful of air and sighed. She looked back through the window of the café. Kibum was still sitting there, reading a book on Phenomenology or whatever Philosophy-related book again.

“He’s not like him.” She said to herself.

Sae In wouldn’t like to admit it, but she actually missed Yunho. He was fun to be with. He may look cool and arrogant but he was nice, funny and romantic. At least Yunho was someone you could talk sensibly to. Not like the intelligent Kim Kibum who prefers talking about puzzles and riddles over coffee.

“But at least Kibum is not a heartbreaker.” Said a small voice inside of her.

Sae In sighed again. She had tried and tried to convince herself that Kibum was better than that Jung Yunho. But, somehow, she couldn’t.

“S-Sae In-sshi?” a familiar voice asked from behind her.

The hairs on the back of her neck stood up. She wished that she had just imagined what she had heard. Slowly, Sae In turned around.

“Y-Yunho-sshi?” she asked in a soft voice. Her heart started beating again. But then she remembered the last time she had seen him. Her heart shattered again. Sae In wiped the smiled off of her face and replaced it with a glower. “What are you doing here?” she asked, making her voice stern.

“Look, I just want to explain.” He started.

“What’s there to explain?” she scoffed. “Look, I got to get back.” She tried to walk off but Yunho blocked her way.

“Please, just listen.” He said. “That time, I was breaking it off with that girl but then she pulled me into a kiss. It was all a misunderstanding. Please, believe me, we’re over. I’ve changed… I-I’ve changed because of you. You’re… You’re actually the first girl I really like and—”

“Look, Yunho-sshi, I find it hard to believe that a girl can be stronger than you like that. You could’ve pulled her away. But you didn’t. I saw it… I just don’t want anymore lies. Now, can you just let me through?” Sae In said with her best effort of acting like she didn’t really care at all.

“Sae In-sshi…” he uttered in a hopeful voice but she didn’t budge. Reluctantly, he moved away. Yunho watched sadly as Sae In went back inside the café and sit next to Kibum.

“Sae In-sshi, mianhe…”

♥;♥;♥;♥

“Sae In-sshi, kwaenchannayo?” Kibum asked when he finally noticed her being too deep in thought.

“Oh, uhm, yeah.” She responded.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.” She said, but her mind had a different answer. “No, I’m not okay. I think I’m in love with him but I’m scared to be hurt again. What should I do?”

♥;♥;♥;♥

Ji Soo raised an eyebrow as she eyed her older brother from across the table. Junsu swallowed nervously. He decided it was time to tell his younger sister.

“Dongsaeng.” He said.

“Hmm?”

“I need to tell you something.”

“What is it oppa?” she asked.

“Well, it’s about your friend, Lee Syae Ri-sshi. Well—”

“You’re here to tell me that you have feelings for my friend and that you want help so that she falls for you too and that the two of you can live happily ever after with three children and a big mansion in the middle of Seoul.”

Junsu almost jumped up in surprise. “Eh? Yes, minus that last part, I think… How did you know that?”

“Lucky guess.” Ji Soo declared though, actually, Syae Ri was the one who told her about it one sunny afternoon.

`---Flashback---`

“Ji Soo-ah, can we talk?” Syae Ri asked. “But you have to promise not to say anything to the other girls.”

Ji Soo sat beside her and nodded. “Yeah, sure. I promise. What’s this about?”

“Well, I’m not sure and I’m really hoping that I’m wrong about this.”

“What is it, unnie? Tell me.”

“Well, I’m really scared of your brother.”

Ji Soo chuckled. “Yeah, I noticed that whenever he’s near and it’s funny because I think he likes you.”

“Well, that’s it. I really hope that I’m wrong with this but… I think your brother likes me, LIKES me. You know, when a guy tries to make a move or something?”

“Bwo? Junsu-oppa?”

Syae Ri nodded.

Ji Soo’s thoughts swirled with every moment she had noticed her oppa LOOKING at her friend. “Omo!” she squealed as she realized it. “Pabo me! How can I not notice it?”

“You understand now?”

Ji Soo nodded. “Uhm, you don’t like him, do you unnie?”

“To be honest, no. He’s not my type. And he freaks me out. I’m actually surprised he’s your brother. He’s really the guy I would never to consider even looking at.”

`---End Of Flashback---`

“Really?” Junsu asked hopefully, fishing Ji Soo out of her thoughts. “Uhm, does Syae Ri-sshi have an idea that I—”

“No!” she said too quickly. “Uhm, unnie doesn’t know, I think.”

“Oh…” Junsu said. “So, uhm, dongsaeng, will you help me with her?”

Ji Soo raised an eyebrow again. “You always come to me when you need something, huh?”

“Aish. Not always.”

She rolled her eyes.

“Please, dongsaeng.” Junsu pleaded, pouting.

“Yah, oppa. Your ‘cute style’ won’t work on me. Besides, it would be difficult. Unnie… Well, I hate to break it to you oppa, but I don’t think you’re her type.”

Those words were like a pot landing on Junsu’s head. It hurt like hell.

“Aigoo… But, you won’t know, maybe she’ll change her mind when she gets to know the real me!” he persisted.

Ji Soo shook her head. “I don’t know… She should have changed her mind at once when she saw you the first time.”

Junsu scowled and fought the urge to hit his younger sister on the head. “Yah! That’s why I said ‘the real me’. Aigoo, Kim Ji Soo!”

“Aish. Whatever.”

“So, will you help me?” Junsu asked hopefully.

JI Soo thought about it. What would she choose friendship or family?

“Please…” Junsu pleaded again. “I’ll help you with Changmin in return.”

“WHAT?” JI Soo said in a panic.

“I know you like him and he likes you so—”

“Okay, that’s it. I’m not gonna help you.” Ji Soo said through gritted teeth. She stood up and headed upstairs.

“Bwo? Dongsaeng, wait! I said I’ll help you with Changmin.” He yelled in desperation.

“I don’t want help for that!” she yelled back.

“Why?

“You’ll never understand!”

“But—”

“No buts! It’s final. I’m not gonna help you!”

Before Junsu can yell again he heard that harsh sound of a door slamming shut.

“Aigoo… What’s her problem?”

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
COMMENTS ARE LOVED~! ♥

A late update once again. *gets bricked*