Rivalry

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
Sae In sighed as she slumped down on the comfy couch in their wide living room. She felt like crying the whole night last night but, she felt, her tears aren’t worth it. But that didn’t mean she hadn’t shed some of them for him.

Sae In sighed again. She hadn’t completely forgotten that thing about Yunho when her grandfather announced earlier that morning that she was to be met with another guy once again.

“This time, I am sure he isn’t something like that good-for-nothing guy the last time.” She remembered her grandfather say.

“Hopefully,” she muttered half-heartedly to herself. She still felt uncertain.

♥;♥;♥;♥

Jaejoong gritted his teeth grudgingly as he watched in the corner of his eyes Da Hae and Dong Hae talking in once corner. He couldn’t help but feel nervous, very nervous.

“Yah, Jaejoong-sshi!” Dae Pyo-ahjumma said. “Are you okay? You seem a bit out of yourself today.”

“It’s nothing, ahjumma.” He lied, gripping tightly on the mop handle he was holding. “I must be tired, that’s all.”

“Oh, I think I’ve been overworking you. You could take the rest of the day off. I’ll just ask Dong Hae-ah to help out a little.”

“No!” he quickly said. The last thing he wants is to leave Da Hae alone with that guy. “No. I’m sure I can handle it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. And it’s kind of embarrassing to let Dong Hae-sshi do work,” He said, adding the last part grudgingly.

Dae Pyo-ahjumma smiled, oblivious to the guy’s true feelings. “Okay then. If you say so. And you’re right on that. Dong Hae-ah had just came back here from China. By the way, do you know, he actually came back here for my Da Hae! He said to me yesterday he had a long time crush on her and he finally had the courage to ask her out! He hopes that they could be together before he gets called back to China again. Isn’t that sweet?”

Jaejoong felt a lump in his throat. He tried to suppress his growing jealousy and anger.

“Oh, I-I guess.” He said stiffly.

Dae Pyo-ahjumma sighed. “It’s good. I’m hoping she’ll say yes. Aigoo. That girl! Nineteen years and she’s still single! It’s good that she finally has a good guy going gaga for her.”

Jaejoong’s hands shook. “Aish! How about me? Am I not a good guy?” he thought irately to himself.

“Yah, Jaejoong-ah, are you sure you’re okay? You look a bit peaky.” Dae Pyo-ahjumma said concernedly.

“Oh, I’m, uh, fine… Don’t worry.” He willed himself to say.

“Okay then. I’ll take your word for it. I gotta get back to the kitchen. Clean that up fast, araso?”

Jaejoong swallowed. “Araso.”

He looked again at the two. Dong Hae’s smile seemed to be replaced by a frown while Da Hae had a sorry look on her face. Jaejoong felt a little bit of relief. He was about to go back to his work when Dong Hae looked at him with a furious look in his eyes. They locked gazed for a fraction of a second until Jaejoong turned away.

♥;♥;♥;♥

“So it’s him?” Dong Hae asked in a cold voice. He looked at Jaejoong angrily

“What?” Da Hae asked in a nervous voice. She had never seen Dong Hae like this.

“Him, that Jaejoong guy.”

Da Hae went silent and looked away from him.

“I thought so.” Dong Hae said. He stood up angrily and walked away. He slammed the bouquet of red roses into the trash can and stormed furiously out of restaurant.

Da Hae stood up too. She looked at Jaejoong before going out of the restaurant.

“Dong Hae-oppa!” she called out to his retreating back.

Dong Hae stopped walking and turned around.

“What?” he asked.

“Look, I’m sorry.” She said once she got near enough to him. “You’re really a good friend but…”

“I know. I know. I’m just a FRIEND.” He said unemotionally. Dong Hae saw in the corner of his eye Jaejoong going out of the restaurant. “Fine. Araso! It’s just that what does he have that I don’t have, huh?”

Da Hae swallowed. She couldn’t answer.

Dong Hae saw the hurt in her eyes. He lowered down his voice and calmed down. “M-mianhe. I’m not gonna ask anything like that anymore. But, Da Hae-ah.”

Da Hae slowly looked up, relieved that he seemed calmer.

“Remember this,” Dong Hae continued. “I won’t give you up that easily.”

With that, he took her by the chin and kissed her on the lips. Dong Hae made sure Jaejoong was watching it. He kissed her longer then went off, but not before glancing at Jaejoong. Dong Hae absolutely enjoyed the look on his newly proclaimed rival’s face.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Comments, comments, comments please~! *pouts* Thanks! :D ♥