Opportunities

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
Sae In checked her luggage to make sure all her things were ready. Aside from the make-up kit that she was still using, all her things seem to be in order for the trip.

“Sae In-ah,” her mother knocked on the door of her bedroom. “Are you ready?”

“Just one more minute.” Came her reply.

“Well, hurry up. The van’s already waiting outside.”

“Sure. I’ll be right there.”

Sae In applied a little more blush to her cheeks and gloss to her lips. She took another minute more in front of the mirror to check her face before she finally got her bags and headed outside.

Once in the van, Sae In sat on the corner and breathed out.

“Okay, ready for Cheongju?” her mother cheerily asked. Both her brothers just shrugged while their attention was on their PSPs while Sae In just nodded lightly. Her mother smiled at her and nodded to their driver.

Sae In watched as they slowly drove away from her house. She sighed to herself. They will be going away for a while. They won’t be here in Seoul for the week.

“I won’t be in the same city with him for days.” She thought. “That would be good for me… I hope.”

But deep inside, being too far away from Yunho—even if they weren’t actually together—felt somehow wrong.

♥;♥;♥;♥

Syae Ri slumped down on the swing of the local park. She glanced at her watch and realized she’d already been waiting more than half an hour for him—already the longest time she had waited for someone.

“Aish, where’s Kyuhyun-oppa?” she said to herself.

♥;♥;♥;♥

“A wedding?”

“Yes, a wedding.” The old woman of about 64 answered softly.

“When will they be back?” Yunho asked.

The maid shrugged. “I’m not sure. The madam said they’ll be there for the whole week but they could be longer.”

“Oh…”

“Do you have any business with them, young man?” the old woman inquired when she saw his disappointed face.

“Oh, uh, nothing… I just, well, I just thought I could talk personally to Sae In-ah a bit.” He said carefully.

“Perhaps some other time then?” she said with a smile.

Yunho smiled back. “Perhaps.”

He was about to go but then stopped himself.

“Oh, ahjumma, before I forget. Where exactly is the wedding they’re going to?”

“Cheongju.” The maid said simply before starting with her story. “You know, Sae In’s cousin Chansung is the one who’s getting married and I’m pretty sure the wedding will take place at his house there. They planned it as a reunion as well. The whole Song clan will be there… I know this because Madam’s appa came here yesterday and he was repeating those details on and on.”

A thought struck him. Yunho finally smiled genuinely and bowed down to the old woman. “Kamsahanida, ahjumma.”

♥;♥;♥;♥

“Oppa, where are you?” Syae Ri asked through the other line.

“Mianhe…” Kyuhyun said smoothly. “Well, things came up. My aunt called and I’m supposed to help her shopping and stuff.”

“Oh.”

“Some other day? I’ll be staying here for quite sometime. See you then?”

“Uhm... sure.” She answered carefully.

“Okay then. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Syae Ri hung up and sighed.

“Wow. So much for that.” She said to herself sarcastically. Syae Ri couldn’t help but be disappointed. After all, she had been waiting for this the whole morning but then Kyuhyun turned out to be busy.

Shrugging her head, Syae Ri stood up from the swing. She was about to go on her way when someone tapped her on her left shoulder. She looked behind her but no one was there. Another tap, but on her right side this time. She looked right but saw no one there. Another tap.

“Omo! What the?”

She took another look and finally the person who was playing with her showed up with all smiles.

“Annyeong~!” Junsu greeted in his “cute style” voice and disposition.

“Oh great.” Syae Ri thought to herself. “Just when I thought my day couldn’t get any worse.”

“Syae Ri-sshi!” Junsu greeted again with the biggest smile on his face.

“Uh, goodbye.” She said flatly before turning her back to him.

Junsu pouted but hurriedly moved in front of her.

“Wait, I was just saying hi.”

“Well, I’m just leaving.”

Syae Ri tried to walk away from him but Junsu suddenly grabbed her arm. She gulped. His touch sent something unfamiliar to her… something she can’t quite understand what. But, whatever it is, it’s making her uncomfortable as hell and, she decided, it was better to just get away from him as soon as possible. Syae Ri quickly yanked her arm away from him and glared.

“What?” she asked, her voice to notes higher than usual. “What do you want?”

Junsu stopped and let her go. “Well…” he muttered sheepishly, uncertain of what to say. “You’re my sister’s friend so… Uhm, well, I just wanted to talk… small talk. That’s all. I thought there’s no harm to that. But I guess you’re really busy so… well, sorry for bothering you.”

The dejection in his voice slightly changed her demeanor. She quickly wiped the scoff off of her face and tried to make it seem friendly. Even if this guy creeped her out, he didn’t actually DO anything to her.

“Aish. I guess there’s no harm in actually being polite with this creep.” She thought.

“Junsu-sshi, mianhe.” She said to him with a short bow. “I, uh, had something in my mind earlier. Sorry for that. And sorry again, I’m not in the mood to talk.”

“May I ask, is there something wrong?” Junsu asked carefully, seeing the disappointment in her eyes. “Did something happen?”

“Uh… nothing.” She said hesitantly. “It’s really nothing. If you don’t mind, Junsu-sshi, I just want to go home now.”

“Oh… Uh, can I come with you? I’m also on my way home.”

“Do you have to?” Syae Ri wanted to ask it out loud but stopped herself. Instead, she just nodded.

“Yeshhhhhhh~!” Junsu screamed inside his head.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I'm finally back! Uh, do I still have readers? O.o

COMMENTS ARE LOVED~!