Coincidences

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
Yunho paced nervously around the lobby of the hotel.

Damn this, he thought.

His father watched him patiently as he sat down comfortably on a sofa. A woman came by, making Yunho more anxious than he already is. Mr. Jung stood up and went nearer to her. They talked privately and Yunho couldn’t help but be jumpy. After a few moments, his father nodded then the woman went on her way.

“You’re in luck.” Mr. Jung sighed as he went to him. He looked at his son with a blank expression. “The girl canceled. No matchmaking for you today.”

With that, Mr. Jung went on his way out of the hotel lobby and into his waiting limousine. Yunho fell on the armchair with a sigh of relief.

♥;♥;♥;♥

Mr. Song clenched his fists as he watched the arrogant young man walk away. The man was pompous and self-centered. How could he possibly take care of my beautiful granddaughter with that air-head of his? He thought to himself. To pair them up was just an insult to his family. He was disgusted but he still kept his cool.

Mr. Song sighed as he watched that dreadful young man go out of the hotel. He was about to turn around when something caught his eye. One of the secretaries of the matchmaker was talking to a businessman. Behind them was a good-looking young man of about Sae In’s age. Mr. Song watched as the secretary walked away from them. The businessman left and the young man now sat there on the armchair. His chin was propped up on his thumb while his index finger pointed to his temple, making him look like he was pondering about something serious. This looks like a sensible young man, Mr. Song thought.

“Excuse me,” he said to the secretary who passed by him. “Do you know that young man?”

“Yes,” the secretary said. “Jung Yunho, the son of the wealthy businessman Jung Bon Hyung of the Jung Corporation.”

“Is he also under the matchmaker?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Good. Call Mrs. Kim. Tell her to schedule my Sae In to meet with that Jung Yunho for next week.”

“Yes, sir.”

With that, the secretary walked away.

Mr. Song smiled to himself as he went out of the hotel. He took a quick glance of the young man before finally going inside his limousine.

♥;♥;♥;♥

“Unnie!” Jun Hae greeted with glee as soon as her sister entered.

Da Hae smiled at her youngest sister then went on to take a seat. She just came back from choir practice and now she needs to help around at their mini-restaurant. She looked around and saw only a handful of people eating there. Slow day today, she said to herself.

“Da Hae?” her mother said as her head poked out of the kitchen doorway.

“Yes?” she said as she followed her mother into the kitchen.

“I think there’s someone who wants to apply for the cooking job I posted up. If he comes in and I’m still busy, entertain him first. Tell him the basics about the job. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

“Okay, mom.”

“Aish. I hope he’s genuine. We really need more help here.”

♥;♥;♥;♥

Jaejoong stood in front of the building. A small sign on the restaurant’s window said “Help Wanted”. He took off from Yoochun’s house earlier than his cousins for a job opportunity and now, here he is.

Jaejoong breathed in then out. He then went toward the door and proceeded to open it.

♥;♥;♥;♥

Da Hae was polishing a table when she heard the bells clang as the door opened. She put aside the cloth she was using then went on to greet the costumer.

“Welcome.” She said with a smile.

In front of her was a good-looking guy of about the same age as her. He was about five or six inches taller than her and had light brown hair. The guy smiled warmly at her, making her blush a little bit. He moved in closer and Da Hae now had a clear view of his face. She suppressed a laugh when she noticed that the guy had girlish features on him, making him “pretty” on her opinion.

“Hi,” he said rather shyly. “I’m here for the job.”

“Oh,” Da Hae softly let out. “Wait here for a moment please.”

She went on to the kitchen and told her mother that a guy was here for the job. Her mother smiled widely at this.

“Okay, I’ll be there soon. Talk to him first.” She said to Da Hae as she hurriedly arranged the pots and pans to their respective places.

Da Hae breathed in and out before going out of the kitchen. When she went out, she saw the guy sitting quietly on the corner watching the people around. After a moment or two, his eyes went to Da Hae’s direction. Da Hae felt suddenly nervous now that he was looking at her. She went toward him and she noticed that his eyes were still fixed on her.

Aish, she thought to herself.

“Hey,” Da Hae said as she sat down on the chair in front of him. “My mom will be with you soon.”

The guy just smiled. Da Hae then went on to fill him about the details about the job. He responded with occasional nods as he silently absorbed every word she said.

After a few minutes, Da Hae’s mother came and she took over after that. Da Hae stood up and proceeded to her work, but not before noticing that the guy’s eyes were still on her even after she left.

♥;♥;♥;♥

Jaejoong was dead serious about finding a job. And now, to his delight, he had finally found one. The ahjumma told him that he should start tomorrow. He smiled and thanked her. He was about to go when his eyes moved to find the girl earlier. He found her serving drinks to a couple at the far left side of the restaurant. He smiled more widely.

Jaejoong had not just found a job; he might have also found the girl of his dreams.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Comments are loved! ♥_♥