Hope?

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
Yunho almost tumbled when he got to their mansion that night. He didn’t remember where he had gone after seeing the hurt in Sae In’s eyes (was it yesterday or just earlier?). He just remembered all the alcohol that he consumed but didn’t fulfill its promise of making everything okay. In fact, everything was worse.

Yunho fumbled with the knob until he managed to open the door. He went inside the house and let the stink of drunkenness waft throughout the living room. It was already late but a lone lamp was still shining. Yunho was too drunk to notice his father sitting on the armchair, glaring, waiting for him.

“Where have you been?” Mr. Jung’s voice said frighteningly.

“Eh? Appa?” his drunken son had answered as he wobbled his way towards him. “Didn’t noootice you were there…”

“Don’t you realize what you have done?” Mr. Jung said.

“Hmmm?”

“You have disgraced your family! You just have to be a playboy and play around with girls hearts! Now, the Songs have severed all ties with us! Don’t you know how bad that is to our business! Our profits had plummeted dramatically ever since you did you little “act”! I should have cut you off from the family years ago!”

“Screw the business! Screw those! Song-sshi had misunderstood it all! I didn’t do any-----”

“DON’T TRY TO TELL ME YOU DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!” his father now yelled. “EVEN IF YOU TRIED SO HARD YOU CANNOT SAY YOU DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!”

“Okay! I DID do something! But, now, it was the right thing! It was the right thing! And I suffered because of it! And she suffered! She… was crying… That girl… That girl that I think I had actually lov…”

Yunho was too drunk to continue. He simply slumped down on the couch and instantly fell asleep.

Mr. Jung groaned, half in anger and half in relief. At least now he knows his son is safe. He stood up and went to Yunho.

“I really wanted to cut you off and let you live on your own.” He said, more to himself rather than to his slumbering son. “But I can’t. You’re my only son.”

♥;♥;♥;♥

The image of Yunho flashed into Sae In’s mind that next day. She let it linger for just a second but then shook it away from her thoughts. There was no use thinking about a useless playboy, she thought to herself.

The limousine pulled up to a curb. Her grandfather got out first. The chauffer then opened her door. She thanked him and followed her grandfather inside the restaurant.

“Song-sshi, Mr. and Mrs. Kim are already waiting for you.” the manager said politely as soon as they got in.

“Great. Is their son also with them?” Mr. Song asked.

“Yes.” Came the reply. “Shindong-sshi will now you to your tables.”

“Thank you.” said Mr. Song, bowing after the manager had bowed down. Sae In also bowed down in respect. A chubby waiter then led them on their way to the table.

“Mr. Song is here, sir.” Shindong announced as soon as they got there. He then bowed and went off. A couple and what looked like their son stood up and greeted Mr. Song and Sae In.

“Mr. Song, how lovely it is to see you once again.” The lady said.

“Yes, yes. But not as lovely as you, Mrs. Kim.” He joked.

All of them----minus Sae In------chuckled.

“Please, have a seat.” Mr. Kim offered.

Sae In swallowed nervously as she sat down in front of the mystery guy with whom his grandfather had now set up for her to meet.

“So, this is Sae In-sshi?” Mrs. Kim asked.

Sae In looked up and glanced at her. She gave her signature smile and nodded. “Annyeonghaseyo?”

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Mrs. Kim replied.”My, my, your grandfather was right, you are very beautiful.”

Sae In didn’t say anything but just smiled.

“Modest girl…” Mrs. Kim said in awe. “Sae In-sshi, let us introduce our son, Kim Kibum.”

Sae In now looked at the guy in front of her. He was lean with a fair complexion, a softly rounded face and an eye-catching smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sae In-sshi?” Kibum said in a deep, relazing tone. “Kim Kibum imnida. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Annyeonghaseyo.” She replied. “It’s nice to meet you too, Kibum-sshi.”

He smiled a lovely smile. Sae In smiled back.

“Is this guy better than him?” Sae In asked herself, though, rather uncertainly.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
COMMENTS ARE LOVED!
wiih~! Kibummie is finally here! lol. :D