A Slap in the Face

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
Changmin slumped down on the swing at the park. His mind was swirling with thoughts.

“A vow.” He remembered Yoochun-hyung say.

“Was that the reason why she avoided me last time?” Changmin asked himself. It was a plausible reason but it would be a silly thing if it were really that. No matter how hard he thought about it, Changmin saw it would not make perfect sense if that silly vow was the real reason why Ji Soo ran away from him that night.

“It would be really silly but I think I understand why Ji Soo would agree to that.” Junsu’s voice echoed in his head.

“There’s more to it.” Changmin decided. “But what?”

He slapped himself mentally for not asking more details from Junsu earlier.

“Aish!” Changmin exclaimed. It was all confusing to him. The only way for him to know for sure was to ask Ji Soo herself but, seeing that she was avoiding him, that would be a hard thing to do.

Changmin sighed then stood up. He placed his hands in his pockets and was about to go when he heard a familiar laugh. He froze in his place.

“Could it be?”

“Hahaha…”

He heard her laugh again. It was sweet but…

Changmin went stiff. He could swear he heard a guy laughing with her. He quickly turned around and saw Ji Soo… with another guy.

“Aish, sunbae!” he heard her mock angrily say as she began pushing the guy from the back. “Come on! Sheesh. You’re like a five-year old.”

The guy laughed. “Fine. Fine. I’ll treat you to some ice cream. Chocolate and strawberries again?” He said in a deeper voice than Changmin’s. He finally moved, took Ji Soo by the arm and led her himself to the ice cream truck.

Changmin’s heart skipped a beat.

Who was that guy? Why is he close with her? And why does he know Ji Soo’s favorite ice cream flavor?

Changmin’s head swirled. He felt angry, confused and jealous. If Ji Soo really was serious about the vow, he could understand why she could have run away from him that night when he kissed her. But to be with another guy just days after that? This was too much.

Changmin stormed towards the couple, fuming. He pursed his lips tightly and glared, more to the guy’s back than to Ji Soo.

“Ji Soo!” he called.

She turned. A smile had disappeared from her face, only to be replaced with what seemed like a combination of shock and sadness. The guy also turned to face him but Changmin ignored him. He went straight to her.

“C-Changmin-sshi?” Ji Soo asked, her eyes flying away from his gaze.

“Why have you been avoiding me? What did I do to you? Who is this guy? Are you two together?”

Hundreds of questions flooded Changmin’s mind but he could not let them out. Instead, he just stood there, quietly facing her.

“Ji Soo…” he said, more softly this time. She looked up at him slowly. He didn’t know what came to him next. He was supposed to ask her questions, to get some answers. But Changmin found himself placing his hands on her cheeks and pulling her closer to him… pulling her into another kiss.

He closed his eyes. Her lips felt soft. Changmin breathed in deeply. He had missed her scent. He had missed her touch. He had missed everything about her. Changmin’s heart throbbed with longing and emotion. He pressed his lips harder but as gently as he could. He felt her hitch a breath. The moment felt perfect…

“Yah!”

Ji Soo pushed him away from her. They looked each other straight in the eyes for a moment until…

SLAP!

Ji Soo’s palm landed harshly on Changmin’s left cheek. He felt pain on his skin as his heart throbbed more.

“Y-Yesung-sunbae, l-let’s just go.” He heard her say.

As Changmin turned he saw Ji Soo and the guy walking away. He wanted to chase after her. He wanted to talk to her more. But he couldn’t. He didn’t. Changmin just stayed rooted on his spot.

On one hand, Ji Soo seemed really angry for getting suddenly kissed again. But on the other hand, Changmin could have sworn she kissed him back.

He was really, really confused.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
COMMENTS ARE LOVED!

There, I added three chaps^^
Sorry for the late update.
Anyways, Have a Happy Holidays, guys!
Thank you for those who shared their opinions.
You'll see Ryeowook's REAL role in the upcoming chaps.
And don't get mad at Ji Soo yet. The answers will be revealed in the NEXT chapter. (Yayy! Yesung finally showed up! xD) teehee.

ChangSoo Chap dedicated to Jaejee. :D