A Promise of the Heart

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
“Umma?” Sae In called softly as she entered her mother’s room. Mrs. Song looked up from her laptop and smiled at her daughter.

“Yes, honey, what is it?”

Sae In went in and sat at the seat in front of the desk. She sighed.

“Umma…” she hesitated for a moment but then went on. “C-can I ask you something?”

“Yes, dear. What is it?”

“About the matchmaking thing… Do you think harabeoji would stop matching me up with guys?”

Mrs. Song stopped typing at her laptop. She gazed at here daughter and answered. “To be honest, I don’t think he will. But, you do know that your harabeoji is just looking after you. He only wants you to be happy.”

“But… what if… what if I’m not happy?”

“How can you say you’re not?”

“It’s like, I’m not free.” Sae In said, looking down at her hands. “It’s like, I don’t have any choice.”

“You do have a choice.” Her mother reassured her. “You just keep it to yourself… Look, I heard from harabeoji that the guy now is a fine, young man. You just try to get to know him first. You might like him.”

Sae In bit her lip. It’s easy for you to say, she thought. You and dad weren’t matched up. You both had a true love story.

“Sae In-ah,” Mrs. Song said. “Is something wrong?”

Sae In shook her head.

“Umma, uhm, about the last guy, Jung Yunho… W-what do you think of him?” she asked, hesitating for a bit.

Mrs. Song’s facial features seemed to harden. “There’s nothing much to say.” she said in a rather cold tone. “From what I heard from harabeoji he’s one sure piece of disappointment.”

“Oh…” Sae In mumbled. She stood up and forced out a smile to her mother. “I’ll go now, umma. Thanks for that.” Sae In said stiffly. She went out of her mother’s room and into her own.

“Aigoo.” She muttered under her breath as she closed the door. “Komawo, umma. As always, you’re really a big help.” She said sarcastically.

♥;♥;♥;♥

Yunho looked at himself in the mirror—his eyes were red, puffy and black rings shadowed under it; his lips dry and cracking; his face looked pale and sallow, lines formed everywhere. The lines were getting finer by the second he looked at them. They seemed to be getting larger, multiplying.

No!

The lines were scattering like mad. The next thing Yunho was that his face was looking like sand experiencing drought: cracked and brittle. He held out his arm to touch it but the skin on his cheeks instantly crumbled before his finger could lay on it.

No!

“Yunho-sshi…” her voice echoed from afar. Yunho turned away from the mirror and looked everywhere.

“Yunho-sshi… Yunho-sshi… Yunho-sshi.” She was calling him. Her soft and elegant voice echoed everywhere. Yunho desperately tried to find the source.

“Yunho-sshi…” her voice was getting softer and farther away now.

“Sae In-sshi? Sae In-sshi?” he tried to call out but her voice was gone. Silence.

“JUNG YUNHO!” a gruff voice frighteningly yelled, reverberating everywhere and sending goose bumps to Yunho. Angry, incoherent mumbles came next. Yunho tried to listen but he could not understand them. He tried to strain his ears, listening desperately to her voice, hoping that she was still there.

“Sae In-sshi… mianheyo… Mianheyo…” Yunho tried to say but his voice was muffled by the noise. He wanted to tell her that, wanted to tell her how sorry he was for his mistakes. He wanted to say he’s changed. He wanted to say it was all just a misunderstanding. But he couldn’t. The voices were trying to drown him, pushing him deeper into the darkness…

“Ah!”

Yunho woke up and bolted up from his bed. He was sweating and panting, like he had just run in a marathon. His hand instantly went to his cheeks. It was still smooth.

It was only a dream, he thought to himself, not certain if he was to be relieved or not.

Yunho blinked a few times and wiped the sweat off of his face with the back of his hand. His heart was hammering in his chest.

Even if the dream wasn’t real, it’s still close. He said to himself glumly.

Shaking a little bit, he reached for his phone under his pillow. He checked the time. 10:01 am.

Yunho still felt dizzy, perhaps an aftereffect of the drinking he had. He was still too tired to try and recall what had happened last night, much more wonder how he got here in his room.

It doesn’t matter. He thought to himself. Yunho felt empty. He felt like the biggest idiot ever. Yunho clutched his phone tightly and lied down again.

“Pabo!” he said. Then he remembered something. He unlocked his phone’s keypad and browed his files. After only a few seconds, he found a picture of him and Sae In, smiling together and looking at the camera happily. Yunho swallowed. It was just days ago, why was he missing this moment? Why does he miss her?

I think I know the answer to that, he said in his thoughts.

It was then and there that Yunho promised to himself that he would do everything to get her back.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Comments are like chocolates on valentine's day. They are loved. <3

Hmm, this chap was shorter than I had anticipated. I thought it was long when I had it in my mind but I don't know what my hands did. lol.
anyways, here's just a short Yunho/SaeIn chap.
There are more to come but not now. It would be kinda awkward if I add in Yunho chaps at the unnecessary time. teehee. :D