Spotlight

-; Mischievous Hearts ;-
Jaejoong fixed his hair several times before finally entering the restaurant. Like yesterday, there were only a handful of people inside but it was still early. He was really hoping that the girl was in today. She hadn’t been there yesterday and Jaejoong was hopeful that today would be different. His eyes quickly moved around, searching. When he didn’t find her he quickly went into the kitchen. The ahjumma greeted him there. His job was simple: cook. Jaejoong was good at cooking, having to rely on himself most of the time and, not to mention, having an aunt that had the skills of a professional chef to teach him.

Dae Pyo-ahjumma let out a sigh of relief. “Hope you can still handle it on your own today.”

Jaejoong nodded as he took out a large pan from the cupboard. “No problem, ahjumma. I can still handle myself, just like yesterday.”

“Thanks.” She smiled. “Well, at least our hands won’t be as full as it had been yesterday. Da Hae’s helping out here later.”

“Uhm,” Jaejoong said before she could go out of the kitchen. “May I ask who Da Hae is?”

“Oh,” Dae Pyo-ahjumma said as she turned back to face him. “She’s my daughter. You met her already.”

“Oh,” Jaejoong said, trying to hide the big grin that was about to play around his lips. When Dae Pyo-ahjumma finally left the kitchen he finally let it out. He looked absolutely like an idiot as he grinned widely there by himself. He chuckled at his small victory. She was going there, later, and he finally knows her name.

♥;♥;♥;♥

Da Hae went inside the restaurant and was greeted by the beaming face of the new guy.

“Oh, uhm, annyeonghaseyo?” she said with a smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” He replied cheerily. “Uhm, I don’t think we’ve formally met before. Kim Jaejoong imnida.”

Da Hae eyed the guy curiously as he smiled widely at her. He bowed his head and waited for her reply.

“Oh.” Da Hae said suddenly blushing at this sudden (yet somehow weird) attention. “Woo Da Hae imnida. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too.”

“Uhm, where’s umma?” she asked as she looked around, being blinded by the spotlight that was his eyes.

Jaejoong pointed towards the kitchen but his eyes still didn’t move away from her. Da Hae gave him a small smile and walked away. As soon as she reached the kitchen she hid behind the doorway and took a peak at the gorgeous guy who was now serving a few customers. She smiled widely as she watched him work. Da Hae couldn’t believe that those deep brown eyes were focused on her just minutes ago.

“Kyaaaahhh~!” she let out as softly as she can, but then pain instantly shot through her head, making Da Hae flinch. “Ouch!”

“Yah!”

She turned around and saw her mother, glaring at her.

“What are you doing there?” she said then pointed to the stack of used plates. “Get to work, silly girl!”

“Fine.” Da Hae gravely said.

♥;♥;♥;♥

Da Hae sighed as she placed the 1st batch of plates she finished washing. Her eyes then went back to the next batch. The scene made her graver. The dishes seemed to pile endlessly.

“Aish” she said hopelessly to herself.

“Need a hand?” a cool voice asked.

Da Hae turned to her side and saw the good-looking Jaejoong reaching out towards the dirty dishes in front of them.

“Uhm, it’s okay. I can handle this myself.” She said rather simply. Her voice sounded shy, making it so unlike her.

Jaejoong simply raised an eyebrow at her. “You sure? You do know that I’m not that loaded as of this moment.”

Dae Hae eyed the stack of dirty dishes again.

“Fine.” She said as she faced him. Jaejoong smiled at her and Da Hae felt the spotlight was cast upon her again.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Comments please^_^
sorry if the recent updates are kinda boring (they're just trying to know each other). I'm making the next chappies more exciting.
By the way, I edited the Forewords a little bit. I added the detail of "relationship issues" to the being man-haters thing. and also the height difference of Jae and Da Hae in the "Coincidences" chapter. Thanks to tvxqfangirl85 for pointing it out^_^ teehee... :)