rectify the relation

Warm Dim Turns To Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ONE WEEK LATER

NEW YORK

KWON’S SHIPPING COMPANY

 

All the design team waiting in the meeting room after Mrs. Kwon asked her assistant to arrange the meeting. While waiting, Taeyeon is focusing on her tablet while sketching something randomly.

Five minutes later, the door is opens from outside, and they saw Mrs. Kwon enter the meeting room with someone following behind her.

“Morning, everyone…!” Mrs. Kwon greets the team happily.

“Morning, boss…” the team responds but their eyes on the person beside Mrs. Kwon.

Taeyeon stop her sketching to greet Mrs. Kwon. However, her voice get stuck and blank after she saw the person beside Mrs. Kwon.

“Okay, everyone... as I told before... this is Jiyong, he'll be the intern in this team. Please guide him...” Mrs. Kwon said while introduce Jiyong to the team.

Jiyong smiles while greet the team and then he look at Taeyeon with wide smiles.

“Boss, you should make him our model... not intern...” one of the staff said after she saw Jiyong.

Jiyong chuckles shyly before he reply

“It's already be honor for me to work in this team... please guide me leisurely...”

“Okay, for the first task, me and the CEO already see the sample of the design... so, we already choose three of them. Also, we decided to make it two design... one is for the shipping packaging and another design is for the shipping poster. Please make sure this design sample ready before next month. You know the company will celebrate 25th anniversary next month. So, get ready for that...” Mrs. Kwon said to the team.

“Yes, boss…” the team leader replied.

“So… Jiyong… please help them… let me know if you need anything…” Mrs. Kwon said with smiles.

Jiyong nodded slowly.

After Mrs. Kwon leave, Taeyeon look at Jiyong with uneasy before she walks out from the meeting room and chase Mrs. Kwon.

Jiyong saw Taeyeon leaving the room with mixed feelings.

“Hey, intern... what are you looking at? Come... we have work for you...” the team leader said to Jiyong.

Meanwhile, in Mrs. Kwon office, Taeyeon stand in front of the table with uneasy. Mrs. Kwon noticed Taeyeon uneasy face, and before she could say anything, Mrs. Kwon says

“I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about this... it's abeoji instruct to ask Jiyong to come here and help the business.”

“Is that so? So sudden? And it's happen when I'm here?” Taeyeon continue asking with suspicious.

“Yeah... we're sorry not to tell you this... but the company have a problem and to make the shareholder keep trusting us, we have don't any choice except bring Jiyong here as heir. Please, I know this out of sudden, but... you have to understand our condition too...” Mrs. Kwon said try to persuade Taeyeon by lying.

Taeyeon remain silent after her mother-in-law said that.

“However, please don't let anyone know about his status. No one will know that Jiyong is our son, so... we will keep secret that you two are married.” Mrs. Kwon continue said try to persuade Taeyeon.

Taeyeon look at Mrs. Kwon after she said that.

“Are you sure no one will know about us?” Taeyeon asked with firm.

“I promise… I’ll keep that as secret… please, trust me…” Mrs. Kwon replied while she lifts her right hand.

Taeyeon nodded slowly and then she says

“Why all these have to happen now...? You know I can't face him right now...”

Mrs. Kwon smiles lightly and then she reply

“Hey... act professionally... separates your work and your life problem with him. Right now, focus on finish this project... and you can go back to LA...”

“Yeah… eomeoni… you’re right… I should finish in here and go back to LA… then, I don’t have to face him anymore…” Taeyeon said with smirks.

Mrs. Kwon smiles and nodded.

After that, Taeyeon leave the office with the intention of finishing her work there as soon as possible.

“Aigoo… how can I help you Jiyong if your wife keep act like this...” Mrs. Kwon muttered while shake her head.

After she's coming back into the meeting room, Taeyeon saw everyone already left the room except Jiyong. Taeyeon act as if she didn't see Jiyong and went to get her stuff. However, before she left, Jiyong says

“Hope we can work nicely...”

Taeyeon stop her steps and then she turn to look at Jiyong coldly.

“You think we can? Also, why are you here? I thought you never want to be a part of this business... and why now?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

Jiyong keep staring at his wife before he softly says

“I won't... but, my precious is here... that's why I decided to be here...”

Taeyeon look at Jiyong after he said that. For a moment, she can notice Jiyong is smiling when he's looking at her. Taeyeon move her eyes to avoid from looking at him. 

“How are you...? It's been a while I didn't see you...” Jiyong continue said softly.

“As you can see... I'm doing fine...” Taeyeon replied but her eyes are looking somewhere else.

Jiyong smiling before he says

“I miss you... a lot...”

Suddenly, Taeyeon heartfelt touched when Jiyong said that. In the end, she just walks away from the room without saying anything. Jiyong sigh slowly after Taeyeon left.

“You have to work hard, Jiyong...” Jiyong muttered with bitter smiles.

 

 

 

 

AT NIGHT

KWON’S PENTHOUSE

 

“So... how's here? You like it?” Mr. Kwon asked Jiyong during the dinner.

Jiyong smiles lightly before his reply

“It's still early for saying anything...”

“Yeobo, give him a time…” Mrs. Kwon said with smiles.

Taeyeon remain silent while she munches her foods.

After their meeting at company not going well, and now she has to face him again in the penthouse make Taeyeon feel uncomfortable. However, she can't say anything because it's Jiyong's parent house, and she has no right to chase him away.

Meanwhile, at the same time, Jiyong that sit in front of Taeyeon keep taking glance at his wife with smiles. He knows it's hard for him to coax his wife, but he can't waste even a little time to get back together with Taeyeon.

“Dear, are you okay?” suddenly Mrs. Kwon asked Taeyeon.

“Huh?” Taeyeon asked with confused.

“You look unfocused... are you okay?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“Oh… I’m fine…” Taeyeon replied awkwardly.

“So, Jiyong… since you two are married, you may share the room with your wife. After all, it was your room... finally, we can see you use the room.” Mr. Kwon said afterward.

Taeyeon look at her father-in-law with startled after he said that.

“He’ll stay here?” Taeyeon asked with shock.

Mr. Kwon nodded with smiles.

“Yeah, of course my son will stay here. You think so too, right?” Mr. Kwon asked with tease smiles.

Mrs. Kwon covers her smiles after her husband asked that.

Taeyeon look at Jiyong awkwardly before she reply

“Yeah… right…”

Jiyong smiles widely after Taeyeon said that.

“That’s great… I'll ask the maid to take the luggage into the room.” Mr. Kwon said before he sips his drink.

Mrs. Kwon grins to her husband before she winks with his smooth plan.

“Thank you…” Jiyong replied while smiling at his father.

Taeyeon narrow her eyes with suspicious to Jiyong before she sips her water with resentful.

 

 

 

 

After the dinner, Taeyeon take Jiyong to the room after Mr. Kwon ask her. When both of them enter the room, Taeyeon says

“Here... it's your room...”

Jiyong looks around the room, and then he starts to getting emotional. He saw the room full of his pictures since he's a kid until his marriage. He looks at the right wall, he saw the pictures of him and Dami went to zoo with halabeoji after he won spelling contest in his primary school. Then, his saw his pictures during his high school and college. Jiyong eyes are getting teary after he saw his graduate picture with Dami and halabeoji.

Taeyeon stay silent when she notices Jiyong getting emotional after he saw the room. When he looks at Jiyong right now, it's the same feeling when she’s entering the room for the first time. She understand what Jiyong feel at that time and then she slowly says

“Even they're not with you, they're always concern what you have done in your life.”

Jiyong nodded before he wipes his tears.

Then, Jiyong look at his wedding pictures with Taeyeon at above on the head of the bed. Jiyong smiling before him slowly says

“How come they get this wedding picture? Even we didn't have on in our room...”

Taeyeon also look at the wedding picture after Jiyong said that.

“Your parent treasures their son more than us as a couple...” Taeyeon replied slowly.

Jiyong look at her after she said that.

“Oh... you can use this closet... I never open this... I just use the other side...” Taeyeon continue try to change the topic.

Jiyong nodded and then he went to open the closet. After Jiyong open the closet, both of them stunned when they saw the closet full boxes of present in there. Jiyong take one of the boxes and he saw the card. Jiyong read it and then he's starting to get teary again.

 

Happy birthday, son… we miss you – omma and appa

 

Taeyeon eyes are getting teary after she saw the words in the card. She looks at Jiyong and then all the gifts in the closet with mixed feelings. After all these years,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter