the offer

Warm Dim Turns To Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NEXT DAY

AT RESTAURANT

 

Jiwoong went to meet Soohyuk at the restaurant, followed by Taeyeon. Both of them arrive during the lunch hour, and they can see there are a lot of people come to go eat there.

“I think I hear this restaurant name before…” Taeyeon said while whisper to Jiwoong.

“Of course… this restaurant is famous...” Jiwoong replied.

“Yes? What can I help you?” the waiter asked.

Taeyeon read her name, Hyoyeon.

“We come to meet the restaurant manager, Lee Soohyuk,” Jiwoong replied.

“Oh… you’re Mr. Kim Jiwoong, right?” Hyoyeon asked.

Jiwoong nodded.

“Our boss already waiting for you... come... follow me,” Hyoyeon said while she asks them to follow her.

Taeyeon keep looking around the place, and she’s amazed with the interior design and the restaurant arrangement. She thinks that manager really work hard to make the customer comfort.

“Here… his office…” Hyoyeon said before she knocks the door.

“Coming,” Soohyuk said from inside.

“Mr. Kim is here…” Hyoyeon said after open the door.

“Let them in,” Soohyuk replied.

Hyoyeon ask them to get into the office before she closed the door and leave them.

“Hello… I’m Soohyuk… the restaurant manager.” Soohyuk said to introduce himself to Jiwoong and Taeyeon.

“I’m Jiwoong, and this my sister, Taeyeon…” Jiwoong said before his handshake with Soohyuk.

“Have a seat…” Soohyuk replied.

“So, I’m here because my omma said that you want to buy our company share…” Jiwoong said straight to the point.

“Yes, it’s true…” Soohyuk replied.

“Why?” suddenly Taeyeon asked with curious.

Soohyuk look at her with confused.

“Why you want to buy the share if you know our company is in trouble...?” Taeyeon continue asked.

“Yah! Stop it…” Jiwoong said try to stop Taeyeon from asking.

Soohyuk chuckles afterward.

“Well... if you ask me... honestly, I won't. But, I choose to trust my friend... he's the one that want to buy it.” Soohyuk said with honest.

“Your friend?” Taeyeon asked with suspicious.

Soohyuk nodded.

“I want meet him…” suddenly Taeyeon said that.

“Sure… you may see him in the kitchen... he's restaurant head chef...” Soohyuk replied.

“Yah! You have to meet him now?” Jiwoong asked uneasy.

“Yes! I need to know why…” Taeyeon replied.

“Can we just proceed this sell?” Jiwoong asked.

“I can't sell it if we don't know what his intention. What if he's trying to ruin the company? What if he's one of Junseo oppa accomplice?” Taeyeon asked what she’s doubt about.

Soohyuk look at them and then he says

“I know you can have this doubt... but, my friend, it's not like that...”

“Then, I need to meet him before we can agree to sell the share…” Taeyeon replied firmly.

“Sure… ” Soohyuk said.

Afterward, Soohyuk walks out from his office and then he saw Yuri.

“Yuri…!” Soohyuk call the restaurant staff.

“Yes, boss?” Yuri said while walking toward him.

“Could you please take this lady to the kitchen? She wants to meet our head chef...” Soohyuk replied.

“Sure… please, follow me…” Yuri said before she walks away with Taeyeon.

Meanwhile, Jiwoong stay in Soohyuk office until Taeyeon settle with the chef.

 

 

 

 

Yuri opens the kitchen door and then she says

“Chef! Someone here for you...”

Jiyong who was cooking turned and saw Yuri with someone he knew, Taeyeon. Then, he just continues to finish his cooking without intend to go to Taeyeon. Meanwhile, Taeyeon start to feel irate after she knows Jiyong is the one that want to buy the share. She went to approach Jiyong with tense face before she firmly says

“I should know it was you...”

“We talk later…” Jiyong said before he went to place the dish on the plate.

“No, I want to talk now…” Taeyeon replied with stubborn.

Jiyong continue to ignore her by walking toward the sink. All the kitchen staffs are looking at them with mixed feelings. After that, Jiyong continue to look for another order to cooks. Taeyeon still keep following him while saying

“Why you want to buy that share?”

“It’s up to me…” Jiyong replied without looking at her.

“No… you can’t! And I’ll make sure you’re not involving in this matter,” Taeyeon said with firm.

“Who are you want to stop me?” Jiyong asked but his hands already start to cook again.

Taeyeon start to feel irate when Jiyong continue act like that.

“Why you want to get involved? You know how the company situation…” Taeyeon asked with curious.

“Why I can’t involve? I think that's the best opportunity for me...” Jiyong replied.

“But…” Taeyeon try to say something but Jiyong interrupt her and says

“Please, I'm working right now... and it's dangerous for you to stay in here... if you want to talk, you have to wait for me finish in here...”

“No… I’m not going…!” Taeyeon replied with stubborn.

Suddenly, accidentally, one of the kitchen staff bumped into Taeyeon when he picked up the pot to wash. Taeyeon tripped, and her hand hit a hot pan on the arm.

“Ouch…!” Taeyeon grunt in pain.

Jiyong that saw it, in hurriedly pull Taeyeon toward the sink, and then he washes the burn with cold water.

“Youngbae, take over!” Jiyong shouts.

“Yes, chef!” Youngbae replied.

Afterward, Jiyong pull Taeyeon go to the back of the restaurant. He asked her to sit on the wooden box before he says

“Wait here…”

Taeyeon just keep looking at the burn without saying anything. Moment later, Jiyong comes back with first aid in his hand. He's crouching in front of her and then opens the aid box. Taeyeon continue her silent, but her eyes keep staring at Jiyong.

“I told you... it's dangerous to be in there...” Jiyong said softly while his hand applies aloe vera cream on Taeyeon arm softly.

Out of sudden, the angry that she felt before disappear. For a moment, Taeyeon feel touched with Jiyong gentle side when he treats her burn.

“Still hurt?” Jiyong asked when he noticed Taeyeon didn’t say anything.

Taeyeon saw Jiyong worried face when he asked that. She’s stares into his eyes for a while before she avoids it by looking up.

Jiyong smirks when he saw Taeyeon reaction. Afterward, he takes gauze to wrap the burn.

“I hope it's not left the scar...” Jiyong muttered slowly but still can be heard by Taeyeon.

Taeyeon look at Jiyong before she break her silent and ask

“Why you're doing this?”

Jiyong lift head to look at her.

“To cure...?” Jiyong replied hesitated.

“No… not this… about the share… why?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

Jiyong sigh after she asked that.

“Why can’t I?” Jiyong asked back without answer her.

“I don't want any trouble for you... Please, don't get involved with my problem...” Taeyeon replied with uneasy.

Jiyong continue stares into Taeyeon eyes and he can see her worried.

“Why you refuse my help? Aren't we're friend?” Jiyong asked.

“Because you're my friend, I don't want you to get any trouble...” Taeyeon replied.

“What make you think I will be in trouble if I'm helping you? Don't you see I'm sincere here?” Jiyong asked.

Taeyeon touch her forehead when she thinks Jiyong didn't understand what she's saying.

“Listen... I know you're nice here and try to help... but I can't take advantage of you just to save my family and company. I don't want to feel owe with you or anyone. You don't understand the feelings of that. Once you feel owe, and then the person hurt you... you can't blame them or mad at them... why? It’s because you think of their kindness.” Taeyeon said with teary eyes.

Jiyong didn’t say anything afterward. He keeps looking at her and he knows she’s trying to bear everything inside her.

“After my appa passed away, I thought everyone is there for us... but... it's all just pretend. They took everything, so we had to bear a lot of debt... I keep thinking, why they're become like this? Why they're doing this to my family...? Then, I realize... they're stayed before because of my appa... they feel they're owed him... but after he's gone... you'll never understand them...” Taeyeon continue with upset.

Jiyong saw Taeyeon reddened eyes as if she's trying to hold her tears from coming out.

“So... you're refusing my help just because of that? You're willing to work part-time for a whole day just to avoid indebted?” suddenly Jiyong asked.

“I'll do everything as long I'm not indebted with anyone...” Taeyeon replied insisted.

Jiyong sigh slowly before he gets up.

“Then... let's do this...” Jiyong said afterward.

Taeyeon lift head to look at Jiyong.

“If you don't want to feel in debt, how’s about you work here in exchange for the purchase of shares?” Jiyong asked.

Taeyeon frown after he said that.

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked confused.

“Well... just assume that you work here to pay the amount that I spend to buy the share. After your wage is enough for the payment, you can stop to work from here. So, it's a win-win situation. I help you buy the share, and you work here for that. So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter