kind of help?

Warm Dim Turns To Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AFTER TWO WEEKS

AT RESTAURANT

 

Jiyong is focusing on his cooking when the waiter comes to him.

“Chef, someone wants to meet you,” Sunny, one of the waitress at the restaurant said.

“Who?” Jiyong asked.

“He didn't say his name, but he said you know him,” Sunny replied.

Jiyong frown when he heard that.

“Okay, give me two minutes” Jiyong said before he continue to finish his cooking.

After Sunny leave, Jiyong keep thinking who’s want to meet him.

“Youngbae, could you help me with this?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes, chef,” Youngbae replied while he went to the stove.

Jiyong walks out from the kitchen to go meet the person. Sunny saw Jiyong and she pointed to the table beside the window. Jiyong nodded before he walks to approach the person.

“It’s you…” Jiyong said after he saw the groom that with Taeyeon before.

Junseo smiles and he says

“Hi! Chef…”

“What do you want?” Jiyong asked.

“Please, have a seat…” Junseo replied while point to the chair.

“I have no time right now… just say what you want…” Jiyong said coldly.

Junseo looks around and he slowly says

“Let not make a scene right now… please, have a seat. I have something to say about Taeyeon.”

After Jiyong hear Taeyeon name, he went to sit on the chair.

“What about Taeyeon?” Jiyong asked curiously.

Junseo smirks when he got Jiyong attention after mentioning Taeyeon name.

“Calm down… she’ll be fine…” Junseo said with smirks.

“What do you mean?” Jiyong asked uneasy.

“Look... I know you’re not her fiancée… I know what you did at the ceremony just to protect her. But, let me tell you something…” Junseo said but he stops for a while.

Jiyong still wait for him to continue his words.

“Stay away from her….” Junseo continue sound like a warning.

“Why?” Jiyong asked while lift his eyebrows.

“If you don't want any problem, just listen to me... it's not worth for you... I'm sincere...” Junseo replied before he sips his drink.

Jiyong look at Junseo with strange looks and then he asks

“Did you just come here to say this to me?”

Junseo nodded.

“Why you have to do that?” Jiyong asked with strange feelings.

However, Junseo didn’t respond him anything.

“Erm… look, sir. I appreciate what you did right now. But, you don't have to waste your time just to say this to me... Besides, what happened with Taeyeon and me is not your concern anymore. She's nobody to you, right? So... it's my right to stay close to her or not. If you have nothing to say now, I think I should go... I got more dish to get prepared.” Jiyong said with firm.

Afterward, Jiyong get up and he went back to continue his works. Meanwhile, Junseo feel irate when Jiyong saying that to him. He intended to make Jiyong stay away from Taeyeon it's because of his selfish. If he didn't get Taeyeon, no one could be close to her. In the end, Junseo just leave the restaurant with irate.

 

 

 

 

“What happen, bro?” Youngbae asked when he noticed Jiyong muse while cleaning the stove.

Jiyong startled with Youngbae sudden greet.

“Nothing,” Jiyong replied shortly.

“Yeah... like I can't notice it. C'mon, spill...!” Youngbae said while pat Jiyong shoulder.

Jiyong sigh deeply before he says

“Not right now... we go drinking after work, can we?”

“Got it… Then, I have to inform my wife first…” Youngbae replied.

“Yeah… I forgot someone is already married,” Jiyong said teasingly.

Youngbae chuckles before he walks away from there.

“Chef, can I join you two?” suddenly Daesung ask after he come behind Jiyong.

Jiyong look at back and he reply

“Sure, after you clean up the kitchen,”

“Yes, chef!” Daesung replied excitedly.

Jiyong shake his head after saw Daesung happy face.

“Jiyong…!” Soohyuk, the restaurant manager Jiyong best friend call him from the kitchen door.

“Yes?” Jiyong replied.

“Come to my office,” Soohyuk said while wave his hand to Jiyong.

Jiyong frown before he goes to follow Soohyuk.

Inside the office, Jiyong saw Soohyuk is not alone. He saw one woman is sitting in the office.

“Why you call me?” Jiyong asked.

“Have a seat, please…” Soohyuk replied.

When he’s walk to the chair, the woman turn to look at Jiyong and he saw the woman smiling to him. Jiyong bow to her with smiles before he gets a seat beside her.

“Jiyong, this is my omma friend, Mrs. Kim.” Soohyuk said to introduce Jiyong to the woman.

“Imo, this is our head chef, Kwon Jiyong. Also, my business partner…” Soohyuk continue to introduce Jiyong.

“Omo… so, you two who’s run this restaurant together?” Mrs. Kim asked with excited.

“Yes, imo. It's not big company as you... but we still manage to get some profit...” Soohyuk replied shyly.

“Aigoo… don't be such humble... you two can manage this restaurant it's proof that you two are capability...” Mrs. Kim said to praise them.

“So… imo… now, I think we can start to discuss the matters that make you come to meet me here…” Soohyuk said afterward.

Mrs. Kim suddenly show her sad face after Soohyuk said that.

“You know right now that our company has a problem with debt after samchon passed away…” Mrs. Kim said sadly.

Soohyuk nodded slowly.

“Jiwoong already done everything to pay the debt and try to save the company...” Mrs. Kim continues sadly.

“So… what do you want from us?” Soohyuk asked straight to the point.

Mrs. Kim looks at Soohyuk and Jiyong with mixed feelings.

“I don't know who can I ask for this help... with the company situation, it's hard for us to sell the share... but I want to offer my share to you two... please... I need to save the company. That's the only things I can do for my late husband...” Mrs. Kim said while crying.

Jiyong and Soohyuk look at each other with mixed feelings.

“Imo…” Soohyuk said while he handed tissue to her.

“I know this is so sudden... but no one want to buy the share after they know about the company situation. We already sell our bungalow... Jiwoong still struggle to manage the company... also, Taeyeon keep doing part-time work for full day just to help her brother. Hayeon also do part-time and her study... We already do everything just to save the company... please... I don't know who I can ask for help... please, Soohyuk... you know I'm your omma friend... I never beg like these... but now, I need to beg you...” Mrs. Kim said try to persuade Soohyuk.

Jiyong that silent before can hear that woman mentioning Taeyeon name. He stares at the woman, and he can find similarity between Taeyeon and her.

“How much do you want to sell the share?” suddenly Jiyong asked.

Soohyuk and Mrs. Kim look at Jiyong after he asked that.

“10 percent and I'm offering it 250 thousand...” Mrs. Kim replied.

Soohyuk stunned with the offer and he look at Jiyong.

Jiyong think the offer for a while before he look at Soohyuk and asks

“How much we have for restaurant fund?”

Soohyuk open the account file and look for it.

“Deduct the liability, we just have 2 million. We can’t afford it. If we do, then for another three months we can't pay the wage.” Soohyuk replied try to explain the effect.

Jiyong nodded to agree with Soohyuk.

“Then, I give you 2 percent discount... and it's total, 245 thousand. How about that?” suddenly Mrs. Kim asked with desperate.

Jiyong look at Mrs. Kim and he can see she really needs the money.

“Still… we can’t, Jiyong.” Soohyuk said with uneasy.

Jiyong look at Soohyuk and then he look at Mrs. Kim. He knows both of them have their own reasons but for Jiyong, he just want to help. In the end, Jiyong says

“I'll pay you 250 thousand, but we just take 100 thousand from the restaurant fund. The rest... I'll use my own money... can we?”

“Are you sure?” Soohyuk asked uneasy.

“If you're not sure about it, then just cut my wage for three months...” Jiyong replied.

“That's not the issue, Jiyong. Are you sure, you want to buy the share? You're using your own money...” Soohyuk asked try to make Jiyong think again.

“I know… besides, I just want to help your omma friend…” Jiyong replied.

Mrs. Kim feel touched after Jiyong said that. Out of sudden, Mrs. Kim went to hugs Jiyong for his kindness.

“Thank you for not letting me lose the hope... when everyone is cruel with us, you prove me wrong when you be kind to us... thank you so much, young man...” Mrs. Kim said while crying.

Jiyong smiles but with the sudden hug make him act awkwardly. Soohyuk just look at them with mixed feelings.

“Please stop crying, imo…  I just do this because I understand the feelings…” Jiyong replied softly.

Mrs. Kim releases the hug and then she smiles at Jiyong.

“You very kind person… May God always bless you, dear…” Mrs. Kim said while touch Jiyong face.

“What about me?” suddenly Soohyuk asked with sulky tone.

“Yes, you too… thank you, Soohyuk. You’re nice, just like your omma…” Mrs. Kim said.

Soohyuk smiles widely after the praise.

“So… when we can proceed buying the share?” Soohyuk asked.

“I’ll tell my son about it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter