not belong

Warm Dim Turns To Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

KIM’S COMPANY

 

Taeyeon is focusing on her works when someone knocks the door.

“Yes, come in…” Taeyeon said.

Then, the door open and she saw Jiyong entering the office.

“Jiyong?” Taeyeon asked with surprised.

Taeyeon get up from her chair when she saw Jiyong. Jiyong didn't say anything after he enters the office. He went to approach his wife before he went to kiss her lips passionately.

“Why with the kiss?” Taeyeon asked after Jiyong stop the kissing.

Jiyong stares at his wife before he went to hugs her tightly. After him coming back from seeing his mother, Jiyong decided to meet Taeyeon at her office. He can’t reassure after the conversation with his mother before this.

 

FLASHBACK

 

“So, what will you say? We help her with the company… and for that, you can come to work at company with us,” Mrs. Kwon asked try to persuade.

Jiyong scoff after his mother said that.

“Didn’t you hear what I’m saying before? I don’t want you to drag Taeyeon in this matter! You can’t use her just to make me work with you!” Jiyong replied with angry.

“Have you known how the company is struggling right now? Anytime, they will end... their latest project... it won't help in long term... I already look up their past project and the new one... still can't help the company... they maybe can pay the debt, but the company won't stand long.” Mrs. Kwon said to tell Jiyong the truth.

Jiyong didn’t say anything after he heard that. He’s known that his mother is telling him the truth because she's never lies if talking about business.

“Jiyong… I know this is unfair… but we really need you,” Mrs. Kwon said softly.

Jiyong shakes his head before he reply

“No... I don't think by joining you are the good things for me. Besides, I trust my wife. I know what she's doing, and she'll do her best to help the company. As her husband, I believe in her.”

Mrs. Kwon looks at his son with disbelief.

“You think your belief can help her company? Jiyong, think rationally... I'm not joking here. I'm offering a help, not be enemies.” Mrs. Kwon said with firm.

Jiyong scoff and then he reply

“If you're helping her, you're doing this sincerely for her... not use her to get me to work with you. That's cruel...”

“So… what you want me to do?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“Ignore me, same as before. Don't disturb my wife and her company... leaves us alone...” Jiyong replied with firm.

Mrs. Kwon sighs deeply after her son said like that.

“Okay... if that what you want... I'll do... but...please go to the charity party. At least, you can do that for us. Go meet the peoples in there, also... you can introduce your wife with them. I hope, after they know you're married, they won't give a hope to introduce their daughter anymore.” Mrs. Kwon said to beg.

Jiyong hesitated after she said that.

“Please, Jiyong. Appa hate to refuse his fellow... that's why we keep getting proposed from his friends about their daughter. At least, you go to the party and stop them from hoping more. Can you do that?” Mrs. Kwon asked with hope.

Jiyong didn’t know how to answer at first, but after he looks Mrs. Kwon stares at him with hope, Jiyong nodded.

“Thank you, dear…” Mrs. Kwon said with smiles.

 

END FLASHBACK

 

“Hey, what’s wrong? Who upset on you?” Taeyeon asked after Jiyong hugs her.

“I love you…” Jiyong said by whisper in her ear.

Taeyeon smiles while she releases the hugs.

“Why you’re acting like baby? I thought you're mad at me last night...” Taeyeon said while looking at his eyes.

“Love you…” Jiyong said again before he pecks her lips.

“Okay... I forgive you for the kiss and hugs... happy now?” Taeyeon asked.

Jiyong smiles and then he reply

“Get ready for tonight... we're going to the charity party.”

Taeyeon rounded her eyes with surprised after Jiyong said that.

“So sudden? What make you changed your mind?” Taeyeon asked with frown.

“Let say... I want to see you wearing that dress...” Jiyong replied with smiles.

Taeyeon look at him with suspicious eyes before Jiyong pull to hugs her again.

“Argh… I love you so much, Kim Taeyeon…” Jiyong said while hugging her.

Taeyeon smiles while she rubs Jiyong back gently.

“Me too… I love you, Kwon Jiyong,” Taeyeon replied softly.

 

 

 

 

AT NIGHT

CHARITY PARTY

 

After they arrive at the party, Jiyong pull Taeyeon closer to him to make sure she's feeling comfy. Meanwhile, Taeyeon looks around, and she can see a few faces that she has known.

“Jiyong, I think I just saw my old friends are here.” Suddenly Taeyeon whisper in Jiyong ear.

Jiyong look at her and he noticed Taeyeon uneasy face.

“Old friends? Where?” Jiyong asked while looks around.

“Over there... the group of women at the entrance.” Taeyeon replied while pointing to the door.

“So… you want to go back?” Jiyong asked.

Taeyeon hesitated for a while before she reply

“Nope. We’re already in here. Let’s enjoy the party,”

Jiyong smiles before he took Taeyeon hand to put it on his arm.

“Let’s get in,” Jiyong said.

At the reception desk, Jiyong handed the invitation card and the staff asks

“Welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon. Tonight, we're doing masked theme. The donor is wearing a mask, so you both need to wear masks here.”

“Oh…dear, we need to wear mask. So, which one you prefer to wear it?” Jiyong asked while he’s looking at the mask on the desk.

Taeyeon look at the mask on the desk on by one until she picks the half face masquerade mask in silver color. For Jiyong, she chooses the phantom masquerade mask in black color.

“It’s a great choice… here your card, sir.” The staff said.

Afterward, both of them walking into the hall, and looking for their table to sit.

“I saw it... it's over there...” Jiyong said after he saw the table numbers.

“Honey, we should wear the mask,” Taeyeon said while she takes the mask from Jiyong hand, and then she helps him to wear it.

She's smiling at Jiyong in the mask before she went to wear it for her. However, before she could, one of the acquaintances greets Taeyeon after she noticed her.

“Taeyeon!” she calls her name excitedly.

Taeyeon smiles awkwardly after she saw her old friend.

“Hi! Caroline…” Taeyeon greet her.

“What a surprise to see you here! It's been long time we didn't see you in this kind of party. So... your family is fine now?” she asked.

“Yeah…” Taeyeon replied shortly.

Jiyong that stand there can see his wife uncomfortable face after meet the woman.

“Erm… excuses me. I think... we should go before the auction starting...” Jiyong said.

“Who is this guy?” suddenly she asked after Jiyong said that.

“Hurm… my husband…” Taeyeon replied.

“Husband? You already married? Yah! Why don’t you tell us?” she asked with surprised.

“It’s just small wedding… for the family…” Taeyeon replied.

“I see… so, what is his name?” she asked while looking at Jiyong in mask.

“It’s Jiyong… Kwon Jiyong…” Jiyong said to introduce himself.

“Kwon Jiyong… ?” Caroline asked with frown.

“Let’s go, dear…” Jiyong said before he pulls Taeyeon to leave the area.

“Hurm… interesting… I should tell the others…” Caroline said while went to approach her friends.

After they’re sitting at the table, Jiyong noticed Taeyeon face still uncomfortable. Then, he pulls his chair to get close to her.

“Are you okay, dear?” Jiyong asked worried.

Taeyeon look at Jiyong and she’s smiling.

“I never thought I will meet them again...” Taeyeon replied.

“Why? It's bothering your mind to meet them tonight?” Jiyong asked while he takes Taeyeon hand and hold it.

“Not really... but the situation is not same as before...” Taeyeon replied.

Then, Jiyong touch her face gently before he says

“Do not bother about it. You look so gorgeous tonight... and we're here for the charity party, not them. Okay?”

Taeyeon nodded with smiles.

“Good, now wear your mask…” Jiyong said while he takes the mask from Taeyeon hand and he helps her to wear it.

 

 

 

 

During the auction, Jiyong and Taeyeon are just talking randomly about the items that have been bidding. Then, the yacht that Mr. Kwon want it, finally appear for the auction. Jiyong raise his number to bid the yacht, and then another person also is trying to bid the yacht.

“Omo! Junseo oppa…” Taeyeon said slowly but can be hear by Jiyong.

Jiyong look at the person that also interested on the yacht, and Taeyeon saying it right, it's Junseo. Jiyong feel irate when he has to against him to get the yacht, and he lifts his number again to raise the amount of bidding. Junseo turn to look at Jiyong after he raises his bid, and then, he also decided to raise his bid.

“Wow! We have a fight bidder for the yacht...anyone else?” the MC asked.

“200 thousand!” Jiyong said afterward.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter