the friend

Warm Dim Turns To Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWO DAYS LATER

KIM’S COMPANY

 

After the confession, Taeyeon act awkwardly when she's with Jiyong. However, Jiyong cleverly avoid the situation become awkward by joking or teasing her same as before. In the end, Taeyeon act naturally and let go the awkwardness. Besides, Jiyong already ask her that both of them will remain as friend. That's the way both of them can live comfortably.

Taeyeon is focusing on her works when someone knocking on the door.

“Yes, coming!” Taeyeon said.

“Did I disturb you?” Tiffany asked after she opens the door.

“Fany!!!” Taeyeon shouts happily after she saw her best friend.

Tiffany laughs when she saw Taeyeon reaction before she enter the office.

Taeyeon went to hugs her tightly and she says

“Arghhh… I miss you so much!”

“I know… that’s why I’m here…” Tiffany replied.

“When you arrived?” Taeyeon asked after release the hug.

“This morning… by the way, happy belated birthday!” Tiffany said while she handed the paper bag to Taeyeon.

“Fany…” Taeyeon said with pout after Tiffany wish her birthday.

“Don’t give me that look… here, your gift,” Tiffany replied while she take Taeyeon hand and give the paper bag to her.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked with smiles.

“New handbag...” Tiffany replied.

“Fany~” Taeyeon calls her name with touched.

“Yeah...yeah... I know I'm a caring person. You think I don't know that you're selling all your handbag to pay debt? Thank god Hayeon told me about it.” Tiffany said.

“Thank you, chingu!” Taeyeon said before she hugs her again.

“My pleasure, dear. Look at it. Do you like the design?” Tiffany asked while she opens the paper bag and brings out the box in there.

Taeyeon open the box and she saw the latest design from branded items.

“Wow… how much did you pay for this gift, Fany? How can I accept this…?” Taeyeon said with surprised.

“No…no… I buy it for you! Take it!” Tiffany said insist.

“But…” Taeyeon replied with uneasy.

“No but … it’s for you!” Tiffany said.

Taeyeon pout while her eyes start to get teary.

“No…don’t start it,” Tiffany said when she saw Taeyeon teary eyes.

Taeyeon smiles and then she says

“Thank you… for all…”

“Well… you can repay with lunch...” Tiffany replies jokingly.

Taeyeon chuckles before she asks

“What about dinner?”

“Oppss... sorry, I can't. I have a date with your omma tonight... she's ask me to have dinner with her.” Tiffany replied proudly.

Taeyeon narrow her eyes and she says

“It's look like she's found another daughter after I'm married.”

“Don't be... but, what can I say if your omma loved me more...” Tiffany replied to .

“Arasso… then, let me treat you lunch…” Taeyeon said.

“Great… also, I want to know the progress between you and Jiyong…” Tiffany said with a wink.

 

 

 

 

AT RESTAURANT

 

“Jiyong!” Soohyuk calls him from the kitchen door.

“Yup?” Jiyong replied.

“Meet me in the office!” Soohyuk said while wave his hand to Jiyong.

“In five minutes…” Jiyong replied.

Soohyuk signal OK with his fingers before he left.

“Youngbae… can you take over this?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes, chef!” Youngbae replied.

Then, Jiyong went to check on the ingredients preparation by the kitchen staffs.

“Cut it smaller...” Jiyong said.

“Yes, chef!” the staff replied.

“Daesung, have you looked up the grocery list?” Jiyong asked.

“Not yet, chef. I'll do after this,” Daesung replied.

“Okay, let me know if anything missing,” Jiyong said.

“Yes, chef!” Daesung replied.

After he makes sure everything is under control, Jiyong went to meet Soohyuk in his office.

In Soohyuk office, Jiyong saw Soohyuk is looking at file with serious face.

“Why you want to see me?” Jiyong asked.

“We got occasion reservation... in Busan.” Soohyuk replied with smiles.

“Busan?” Jiyong asked with surprised.

Soohyuk nodded and then he says

“It's conglomerate invitation. One of my appa friends. They ask us to serve them. Can you do it?”

“I can do it, but... in Busan? How many days?” Jiyong asked.

“Hurm... it's took 4 or 5 days... don't worry. I can prepare the good kitchen for you.” Soohyuk replied.

“Hurm… it’s not like that… just…” Jiyong said with uneasy.

“Yah! You’re thinking about halabeoji? Don’t worry about him. Taeyeon is there for him, right?” Soohyuk asked when he noticed Jiyong uneasy face.

 

Jiyong POV

“Yeah, but I can't bear to stay away for long with her...”

 

“Arasso… but make sure it's between 4 or 5 days... I need to help my mother-in-law moved out on the weekend.” Jiyong replied afterward.

“Nae… I’ll arrange it. Don’t worry…” Soohyuk said with smiles.

After that, both of them are discussing about the menu and the stuffs for the occasion.

 

 

 

 

KIM'S COMPANY CAFÉ

 

“I thought you want to treat me lunch at Jiyong's restaurant...” Tiffany said with gloomy face.

Taeyeon chuckles before she reply

“You know, I'm trying to save the money right now... but, if you want to go there. I'll tell Jiyong... he can make a reservation for you...”

“No thanks... I'll go if you're going with me...” Tiffany said.

“Arasso… but the café foods also delicious. Look, we have salad and side dish too...” Taeyeon replied while look at the foods in front of them.

“… and thank you for that. Let’s go eat. I’m hungry…” Tiffany said before she takes the foods for her.

Taeyeon smiles with Tiffany behavior and then she follows behind her.

While both of them enjoying the lunch, the staffs that walks pass by will bow politely to Taeyeon to greet her.

“Even you're not rich anymore... but your wealth aura can't leave you...” Tiffany said when she noticed the situation.

“What are you saying? They just respect me as their leader... it's not because of my background.” Taeyeon replied uneasy.

“Yes, I know… but, people still see you as CEO sister...” Tiffany said.

“That's the fact I can't change it.” Taeyeon replied.

“Okay...okay... forget about it. Now, tell me... How's you doing with your husband? Something new?” Tiffany asked with tease smirks.

Taeyeon starts to get shy before she nodded.

Tiffany rounded her eyes with surprised.

“What’s with those blushes? What happen?” Tiffany asked curiously.

Taeyeon hesitated to say it to her before she slowly says

“Jiyong confess his feeling for me...”

“He WHAT?” Tiffany asked with rise voice.

“Shuh… Yah! Slow down…” Taeyeon said while looks around with uneasy.

“Sorry…” Tiffany replied while she’s cover .

Taeyeon narrow her eyes afterward.

“So… what he’s saying? He loved you?” Tiffany continues asked impatiently.

In the end, Taeyeon tell her everything that happened on her birthday day. From what happen at her aunty house until the night that Jiyong surprised her with the cake and his confession. 

“Daebak…!” Tiffany said with impressive.

Taeyeon nodded with bitter smiles.

“Hold on... why with those smiles? Isn't supposedly you're happy to know that your husband love you?” Tiffany asked with frown.

Taeyeon sigh before she reply

“I don’t know…”

Tiffany looks at her with confused.

“Wait... what did you say to him after to confess?” Tiffany asked curiously.

Taeyeon look at Tiffany with uneasy before she slowly reply

“Thank you?”

Tiffany pats her forehead after Taeyeon said that.

“Why you're such hopeless? Yah! He's already told you that he likes you... what are you waiting for? Don't you feel happy?” Tiffany asked with disappointed.

Taeyeon sigh deeply without answering Tiffany.

Tiffany stares at Taeyeon uneasy face and then she asks

“You afraid he's playing with you? Or... you're afraid he's leaving you after all the things settle?”

“Can I say both?” Taeyeon asked with gloomy face.

Tiffany smiles slightly af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter