old scars

Warm Dim Turns To Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ON WEEKEND

KIM'S APARTMENT

 

After Jiyong telling the truth about his parents does to Taeyeon's family, halabeoji and Jiyong to go meet Mrs. Kim to apologize. Jiwoong at first feel uneasy when he saw they come to meet his mother just to apologize. He still felt guilt after punch Jiyong before and his ego makes him still not say anything to Jiyong.

“I don’t know what to say…” Mrs. Kim said after she heard the truth about it.

“Eomeoni, I know this so sudden… but, I have to clear up everything for no misunderstanding anymore. For me, I’m sincere with Taeyeon and all of you. ” Jiyong said softly while looking at Jiwoong and Mrs. Kim.

Taeyeon that sit beside Jiyong went to hold Jiyong hand tightly.

“Believe me. Jiyong has nothing to do with the company… what just happen, he never know until this moment,” halabeoji said to defend Jiyong.

Mrs. Kim looks at Jiyong and then Taeyeon.

“Honestly, I don't think about it anymore. For what a reason or what happened... it's already pass... and I'm here to move on. I know my late husband really work hard for the company, but the business still in risk even they're pulling investment. Business is business... the risk, the loss or bankrupt will still happen. I don't want to blame anybody. Please, let my late husband rest in peace.” Mrs. Kim said with teary eyes.

Jiwoong look at his mother after she said that. Then, he looks at Jiyong and says

“I'm sorry... I shouldn't punch you on that day. Furthermore, I know, you're the one that come to helps us when everyone ignoring. I shouldn't doubt you. As a family and as an older brother... I should be show a good behavior... I'm sorry, Jiyong.”

Jiyong smiles when Jiwoong said that.

“I'm not mad or grudge on you. I understand... but, that punch still hurt me...” Jiyong said jokingly.

Jiyong chuckles while he touches his face.

“Sorry…” Jiwoong replied with guilt.

“Yah! You should let him punch you back…!” suddenly Taeyeon said jokingly.

“Oh… look at you… suddenly become defensive wife?” Jiwoong asked with tease smiles.

“Yes! I am… if you hurt Jiyong again, I won’t be silent…” Taeyeon replied with serious tone.

Mrs. Kim and halabeoji chuckles when they’re see them bickering like that.

“Okay, can we eat now? I’m hungry…” suddenly Hayeon said after being silent.

All of them look at Hayeon and then, they’re laughing.

“Okay, let’s eat…” halabeoji said.

After that, all of them are enjoying the dinner with happily. Jiyong feels blessed for what Taeyeon did for him. They way she's stand beside him and try to understand him make Jiyong fell more in love to his wife.

After the dinner, Mrs. Kim offer halabeoji and Jiyong to stay at their house on that night. They spend that night by playing the card until the midnight. Afterward, they're dispersed and sleep in separate rooms. Since the apartment only has two rooms, the girl sleeps in Mrs. Kim room and the man in Jiwoong's room.

Inside the Mrs. Kim room, Taeyeon is sleep on the right Mrs. Kim meanwhile Hayeon on the left.

“Omma…” Taeyeon calls Mrs. Kim slowly.

“Hmm…” Mrs. Kim replied.

“It's true... appa suffer on his last day?” Taeyeon asked with uneasy.

Mrs. Kim turns to look at Taeyeon in dim light.

“Why you’re asking me that?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Just… curious…” Taeyeon replied with hesitated.

Mrs. Kim didn’t say anything afterward.

“Oppa said that appa... bear a pain on his last day...” Taeyeon continue while try to control her feelings.

“Dear… it's not what you're thinking...” Mrs. Kim replied softly.

“Then, can you tell me… you know I’m not here when appa passed away…” Taeyeon said after she turns her lay to face her mother.

Mrs. Kim hesitated for a while before she told Taeyeon everything that happened on that day.

She starts the story where Mr. Kwon usually having breakfast with her, then he got a call from his assistant, and then he rushed to go to the company. During lunch hours, the assistant call her and told that Mr. Kim collapsed, and they take him to the hospital. The doctor said it's a heart attack, and they're still trying to save him. But, the destiny says otherwise, Mr. Kim passed away. 

“After the doctor said that, my tears keep flowing non-stop. My mind gets blank and I felt lost. But, I remember... before he went to the office... he comes to me and says he loved me and the kids... we're the precious persons for him.” Mrs. Kim said sadly.

“Omma…” Taeyeon said before she went to hugs Mrs. Kim tightly.

“So… don't feel guilt for not to be here when he's left. You know your appa, really love all of you...” Mrs. Kim said while shed her tears.

Taeyeon nodded while she’s crying in her mother embrace.

At the same time, Hayeon that hear what her mother said also went to hugs Mrs. Kim from behind.

“Omo… it's look like my daughters got emotional...” Mrs. Kim said to tease them.

“I love you omma…” Hayeon said.

Mrs. Kim smiles before her reply

“Yes, I know… I love you more…”

 

 

 

 

Jiyong awake around 2 o'clock to get water to drink.  He enters the kitchen and gets a glass before pour the water. While he's sipping, she saw a figure is sitting on the couch alone. Jiyong feel uneasy, but he still takes a step toward the figure.

“Jiyong?” Taeyeon calls after she saw Jiyong in dim light.

“Taeyeon? Yah! You startled me!” Jiyong said when she noticed his wife on the couch.

“Sorry…” Taeyeon said.

“What are you doing in the dark? Why you still awake?” Jiyong asked before he went to sit beside her.

“I can’t sleep…” Taeyeon replied while rub her face slowly.

Jiyong feel uneasy when he saw Taeyeon behave like that.

“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Jiyong asked with worried.

He touch Taeyeon cheek and then he move to touch her forehead.

“I’m fine… just… ” Taeyeon said but she didn’t finish her words.

Jiyong look at his wife before he jokingly says

“Don't tell me you can't sleep without me...”

Taeyeon chuckles after he said that.

“I think you're the one that can't sleep without me...” Taeyeon said to back.

Jiyong grin and then he reply

“Yeah, you're right... how you know that...? Besides, halabeoji snoring is bother my sleep.”

Taeyeon chuckles while she pats Jiyong arm.

Jiyong feel ease after he can hear his wife laughs.

“So... want to sleep here? With me?”Suddenly Taeyeon said to offer to him.

“Here? On the couch?” Jiyong asked.

Taeyeon nodded with smiles.

“For sure, I won't let got this...” Jiyong continue said happily.

Afterward, he pulls Taeyeon to lay on the couch beside him before he hugs his wife.

“But, Jiyong... we need to awake earlier before they saw us in here...” Taeyeon said.

“Arasso…as long I can sleep with my wife…” Jiyong said with closed eyes.

“You sure you're comfortable here...?” Taeyeon asked.

“Hmm…” Jiyong replied.

Taeyeon turn to look at Jiyong, and then she saw he's already get sleep.

“Jiyong?” Taeyeon call her husband slowly.

However, Jiyong didn’t answer her.

“Aigoo this man… ” Taeyeon muttered.

In the end, Taeyeon move to get closer to him before she hugs Jiyong waist. After she kisses Jiyong chin, she's close her eyes to get a sleep.

 

 

 

 

NEXT DAY

 

Taeyeon awake when she heard something whispering. When she opens her eyes, she saw Jiyong also already awake.

“Morning…” Jiyong said with smiles.

“Morning…” Taeyeon replied.

“Good morning too…” suddenly halabeoji voices greet them.

Jiyong and Taeyeon startled after they hear halabeoji voice. When they turn, they saw everybody was there, looking at them with teasing smiles. Taeyeon and Jiyong look at each other before they're hurriedly get up.

“Unnie, why you're sleeping here?” Hayeon asked as if to act to know nothing.

Taeyeon smiles awkwardly before she saw her mother, Jiwoong and halabeoji smiling at them.

Taeyeon face getting red with shyness. She covers her face before get up to leave the area.

Meanwhile, on Jiyong side, he's just smiling at them awkwardly before he says

“Morning… everyone…”

“Aigoo this boy! You really can't sleep without your wife, huh?” halabeoji asked while shakes his head.

Jiyong smiles awkwardly before he gets up and went into the bathroom.

During the breakfast, all of them continue to teasing the couple. Taeyeon face getting red to cover her shyness, meanwhile Jiyong try to act normally.

“Okay... I need to leave now, or I'll be late to open the shop.” Mrs. Kim said to stop them from teasing.

“Omma, let me send you…” Jiwoong said.

“No need… I can go by myself,” Mrs. Kim replied.

“Then, should we go out together? Besides, I need Jiyong send me to my friend guesthouse…can you, Jiyong?” halabeoji asked.

“Sure, halabeoji. Eomeoni, let me send you… besides, we're on the same road...” Jiyong said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter