the hope

Warm Dim Turns To Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWO MONTHS LATER

LOS ANGELES

LA ART GALLERY CLASS

 

After two months she's in LA, Taeyeon get a job as tutor at the gallery to teach people to draw. She spends all her time at the gallery and will be back home on the night. Tiffany also rarely at home, it's because of her works. That's make Taeyeon live in the apartment by herself.

On her first week, her in LA, Taeyeon took time to try to adapt to the situation and culture life, and she can manage it after a month she's in there. She's starting to move on from her sadness and try to learn something new. While she's in learning process, her destiny brings her to the art gallery after she save the gallery owner from the art fraud. From there the owner detects her talent and offer as a tutor. Until now, Taeyeon keep expanding her creativity through drawing. At the same time, she's to share her talent by teaching people to draw.

“Taeyeon, meet me in the office,” suddenly Mrs. Rachel said when she saw her.

“Okay, Mrs. I’ll be there…” Taeyeon replied while she finishes her last sketch on her drawing.

When she arrives at the office, Taeyeon knock the door.

“Coming!” Mrs. Rachel said from inside.

Taeyeon enter the office before she asks

“Why you want to see me?”

“Oh, come… have a seat…I have something to discuss with you,” Mrs. Rachel replied.

Taeyeon went to sit in front of her.

“Actually, my friend come to visit me yesterday... and they ask for my help. They want a new design for their company new product. So, I recommended your drawing to them to see... and you know what? They like it!” Mrs. Rachel said excitedly.

Taeyeon look at her with surprised.

“Are you saying…?” Taeyeon asked without finish her words.

Mrs. Rachel nodded with smiles before she says

“Yes! I want you to do it, this! This is your chance to expand your capability. And for your info, this company is very influential... and it's good for your network...”

“Oh… that’s great…! What kind of design they want?” Taeyeon asked.

“I already told my friend to come and meet you in here. She'll be here soon. I hope both of you can cooperate together.” Mrs. Rachel replied excitedly.

“Me too…” Taeyeon said with smiles.

Suddenly, someone knock the door.

“Mrs. Rachel… your guest already here...” her assistant said from the door.

“Ouh… let her in…” Mrs. Rachel replied with smiles.

Then, Taeyeon turn around to see the guest that Mrs. Rachel tells her before. After she saw the person enters the office, Taeyeon stunned and petrified. The guest also stunned after she saw Taeyeon in there.

“Taeyeon?” Mrs. Kwon said with surprised.

“Eomeoni?” Taeyeon also said with shock.

Mrs. Rachel looks at both of them before she asks

“You two know each other?”

“Hell yeah! She's my daughter-in-law!” Mrs. Kwon said excitedly.

Taeyeon start to feel uneasy after Mrs. Kwon approach her and hugs her tightly.

“Wow! What a small world… I don’t know you’re married, Taeyeon…” Mrs. Rachel said with surprised.

Taeyeon smiles awkwardly after she hears that.

“I don't know that you're here... how long you been here?” Mrs. Kwon asked while she’s holding Taeyeon hand.

“It's been a while...” Taeyeon replied slowly.

Then, Mrs. Kwon noticed Taeyeon uneasy face and then she says

“We can talk later… but now, let’s talk about business…”

Taeyeon look at her with smiles and nodded.

 

 

 

 

SEOUL, KOREA

AT RESTAURANT

 

“Chef!” Sunny shout from the kitchen door to call Jiyong.

Jiyong turn to look at the door.

“Someone wants to meet you…” Sunny continue said.

“Got it!” Jiyong replied while continue to finish his cooking.

After he finish, Jiyong ask Youngbae to take over for him before he went out from the kitchen.

Jiyong looks at Sunny and saw she’s pointing toward the table beside the window. Then, he saw a man is sit turned his back on him and Jiyong take steps to approach the table. When he’s arriving, he saw it was Hwan.

“You?” Jiyong asked with unexpected to meet him again.

Hwan smiles when he saw Jiyong reaction.

“I’m sorry to come here and disturb you…” Hwan replied with uneasy.

Jiyong look at him with uncomfortable. After the incident, he never meets Hwan again until now. Hwan also after the incident, he tries to avoid himself from seeing neither Jiyong nor Taeyeon because of his guilt towards them.

“I never expect to meet you again…” Jiyong said slowly.

Hwan smiles before his reply

“Can we talk for a while?”

Jiyong nodded before he went to sit in front of him.

“I want to say sorry for everything that I do to you and Taeyeon. I know… I make a lot of mistake to her… and you too. But, I'm regretting it now. It's keep haunted me when thinking about her. I thought I love her... but it's not. I'm just a selfish man, which only get unrequited love. It's so pathetic.” Hwan said with sad face.

“Whatever you said now, the things already happened. She's leave us... and that won't change anything.” Jiyong replied with disappointed.

“I know… that’s why I’m here. I want to apologies to you and give this…” Hwan said while he handed something to Jiyong.

Jiyong take the item and look at Hwan with confused.

“I keep this for long time... and I want to give it to you now... it's Taeyeon drawing when we visit the Jeju Art gallery before. She told me that she want to give the drawing as a gift for you. But, I told her that my friend wants to keep it for his gallery... and the truth, I'm the one that keep it. At that time, I feel jealous, and I don't want you to have her drawing. That's why I keep it. And now... I want to give back to you. You deserved more than I am...” Hwan continue to tell Jiyong the truth.

Jiyong open the wrapping paper carefully and then he saw the drawing that Taeyeon made. Out of sudden, his eyes are getting teary.

“This beautiful…” Jiyong said slowly.

“Also, I think you should go find her. She does really need you. As someone who knows her, she maybe has that ego, but in the truth, she's fragile inside. Please, go meet her. Don't be like me. I'm always late to get my love. I hope you don't become like me... besides, I know she loved you.” Hwan said while try to control his emotion.

Jiyong didn’t reply him while his eyes still on the drawing.

“I think I should go now... anyhow, thank you for your time. I'm praying for both of you get happiness.” Hwan continue with smiles.

Jiyong look at him before his reply

“Thank you... I hope you find your happiness too...”

Then, Hwan handed his hand for handshake. Jiyong smiles before he went for handshake with him.

After Hwan left, Jiyong went to his locker while holding the drawing. Then, Jiyong stares at the drawing for a while before he takes his phone and call Jiwoong.

“Yup?” Jiwoong said after pick up the call.

“I need your help…” Jiyong replied.

Jiwoong frown after Jiyong said that.

“I want to see my wife...” Jiyong continue when Jiwoong didn’t say anything.

“Are you sure?” Jiwoong asked curiously.

“Yes, I can't let her again... I need her. If she can't accept me, then I'll do anything to make her accept me. Please...” Jiyong replied with hope.

Jiwoong smiles before he ask

“Arasso… so, what you want me to do?”

“Tell her that you can't pay me for the company share... so, the company still owes me... and the rest, I'll handle it...” Jiyong replied his idea.

“Yah! Are you insane? You want me to lie to her? You're right now, our business partner... why don't we tell her the truth?” Jiwoong asked with confused.

“Not now... I'll tell her later but, in this situation... I need to create some reason for her to stay as my wife... or she'll have thought to leave me again.” Jiyong replied with uneasy.

“Why you two relation, it's so complicated? Both of you loved each other... why suddenly wants to create a reason to stay together? Isn't love enough for you two to stay together?” Jiwoong asked with confused.

“This not just love... it's more than that. We have lost something precious and hurt each other. It's not easy to heal the old wound... Besides love, I need something to hold onto and hope that Taeyeon stays with me... I'm afraid, if I don't have something to defend, Taeyeon might go away from me forever...” Jiyong replied try to make Jiwoong understand.

“Arasso… I understand… I hope she’ll be back to you…” Jiwoong said with mixed feelings.

“Thank you…” Jiyong replied with smiles.

After he ended the conversation, Jiyong went to meet Soohyuk in his office.

“I have something to discuss with you…” Jiyong said after he enters the office.

“Sure… what is it?” Soohyuk asked.

“I want to take off days for a month...” Jiyong replied.

Soohyuk look at him with frown.

“A month? Why? What happen?” Soohyuk asked uneasy.

“I have something urgent to do... for my live...” Jiyong replied.

Then, Soohyuk smiles lightly.

“It's this related with your wife?” Soohyuk asked.

Jiyong smiles with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter