IMY

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Direk, okay ka lang ba?”


Yeji asked as they sat beside me on the couch in the studio. I'm not sure why they're here because I'm always here in the studio, sitting next to the film editor, giving him notes about the transposition of the film shooting and how the final film will look.


As of now, nasusunod naman ng editor yung mga gusto kong mangyari sa iba’t-ibang scenes.


“Of course, why did you ask?” I asked her as I sipped on my coffee. It’s lunchtime kaya kaming tatlo lang ang naiwan inside of the studio.


“You seemed a little off lately,” Lia answered then looked at me worriedly. “You sure you’re okay? If you’re stressed out sa film, you can take a rest naman,” she added.


I pursed my lips and shook my head.


Am I okay?


“I’m okay. It’s just that things are bothering me lately,” I answered defeatedly. I ran my hands on my hair and laughed hollowly.


“I don’t even know why I’m bothered.”


Lia and Yeji gave me a look as if they were curious about what was going on with me, but I knew I couldn't tell them anything because I, myself doesn’t know what is going on with me. I'm feeling something that I can't pinpoint, which is why it bothers me so much.


“Is this work-related?” Yeji asked. I shook my head.


“Definitely not. I’m enjoying what I’m doing naman,” sagot ko and sighed.


“Family?” Lia asked.


Umiling ako.


“Sa mga tao sa bahay mo?” Yeji asked, and I could tell there was something about her tone in the way she asked. Parang may laman.


I looked at her with a raised brow, “What do you mean?”


Yeji shrugged and leaned back against the couch's backrest. She cast a quick glance at Lia before returning her attention to me.


“Well, aside from us, we know naman na sila Chef Winter yung mga nakakasama mo. You might go to parties with us pero feel ko naman na wala sa amin yung problema. So, nasa mga bed spacers mo nga?”


Is it their fault? For one thing, we're fine at home. The only thing that has changed is that Ning is now always at home while Summer is no longer there. Ryujin had already left when Summer left, but I promised to bring her back whenever we need her. Nothing had changed between Giselle and Winter either. When I get home, they're always together. Giselle is usually the one who assists Winter in preparing our meals. Umalis pa nga silang dalawa noong the other day nang silang dalawa lang.


Good for them.


Maybe I was just irritated when Ning told me Giselle had a crush on Winter. I was surprised at first because I never expected Gigi to swing that way, and it's also kay Winter pa. I know I shouldn't be bothered when someone likes Winter because she's stunning, but it's her! It's Winter! I want to be the only one flirting with her at home. It irks me kapag nakikisabay si Giselle sa mga sinasabi ko about kay Winter. Am I being unreasonable? 


Kainis lang.


Am I bitter and jealous? Definitely not. Perhaps, irritated. 


Kaya nga as much as I can, lumalayo ako sakanila because I really get annoyed when they look so giddy every time. It’s like watching a new couple na naglalandian. Nakakairita. Okay sana kung si Winter lang yung nakakasalubong ko pero lagi niya kasing kadikit si Giselle.


“Ka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter