Bacardi 151 Part II: 20 Questions

Wanted: Bedspacer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I awoke to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. The light from the sun was also cutting through the window curtain. It's quite sunny today. I started by stretching before checking my texts on my phone while it was on the nightstand. I can take a couple of days off from shooting because it's Saturday and we don't shoot until Tuesday.

 

So far, I'm liking my work since I'm working with my sister, and the fact that I enjoy what I'm doing makes me eager to go to work every day. Some of the crew and actresses became friends with me as well. I agreed when they asked me to have lunch with them and to make more friends in Manila. Yeji and Lia are two people I consider to be close friends from work. They are my first and second assistant directors, and they are the greatest at what they do.

 

I was particularly impressed by the sci-fi fiction plotline of Krystal's drama, which is set in a world where you only have 10,000 days to live and that number only decreases when you're happy. I wanted to do justice to that plot after reading the script. So far, I've been applying what I learned in London to this project. 

 

My first ever film.

 

I went to the bathroom and completed my morning ritual while I was still wearing my pajamas and had my hair in a messy bun with strands on my face. After freshening up, I left my room and headed to the living area to get some brunch.

 

"Morning, Miss Yu," Ning greeted me who was sitting on of the chairs of the dining chairs with a bowl of... I don't know. What's that?

 

"Morning, Ning. What's that?" I asked, peeking inside the bowl. 

 

"Gumawa po si Winter ng miso soup. Pampawala daw ng tama," she answered chuckling. "Gusto niyo po ba?" She then stood up when I responded with a nod. I sat across from her, waiting for her to hand me a bowl of miso soup.

 

"Here, Miss Yu. Masarap yan," Ning replied as she placed the bowl in front of me. I mumbled thanks before sipping Winter's soup. It is as expected, delicious.

 

"Hmm, it's good," I commented, then noticed Ning smiled at my reaction, as if she was pleased with it. "By the way, where are the others?" I asked, then looked around but saw no one.

 

"May mineet lang po na potential investor si Winter tapos si Gigi naman po nasa kwarto niya pa. Hindi ata kinaya yung alak," We both chuckled at what she said then I saw her raise an eyebrow at me, making me confused.

 

"What?" I asked while sipping on my spoon.

 

"Hindi sumakit ulo mo? Diba kayo ni Winter yung natira?"

 

Oh

 

I smiled remembering what happened last night. Ning may have noticed it because she asked again. "Huy, anyare? May ganap last night?"

 

"Hindi naman kami uminom last night."

 

I saw how she was confused by what I said.

 

"Ha?"

 

I sipped my soup again, softly laughing at her reaction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I took a shower, changed into my pajamas, used my blow dryer to dry my hair, and then walked downstairs to join the other girls. However, when I arrived at the patio, there was only Winter there—the other two were nowhere to be seen. Winter had her eyes closed and was leaning on the wooden bench. I assumed she'd already fallen asleep but then, I heard her humming a melody.

 

"Winter?" I called softly. She opened her eyes and looked at me. I think she's already intoxicated since she flashed me a sweet smile as she tapped the empty beside her.

 

"Upo ka." I accepted her offer and sat beside her. I also noticed that the table is already spotless. There are no bottles of liquor, simply two mugs of what I believe is coffee based on the aroma.

 

"Where are they?" I asked, my gaze fixed on her. She then handed me one of the mugs while she went to get the other.

 

"Pinatulog ko na sila. Do you drink coffee?"

 

I nodded and accepted the mug. Was I really so late that they decided to go to bed and leave us? We sipped our coffee in silence. The coffee she made really hit the spot that I almost moaned.

 

"Why are you still here? Aren't you drunk?" I said, starting the conversation. She gave me a quick glance and smiled.

 

"I am, in fact, but I know I won't be able to sleep if I'm this intoxicated," she responded. If she was that drunk, how on earth could she prepare this coffee?

 

She sipped her coffee and questioned, "Ikaw, why are you still awake?"

 

"Eh kasi Giselle told me you guys are drinking eh but when I came down, wala naman na sila," I huffed and that made Winter chuckle.

 

"Are you disappointed that I'm the only one left?" she asked again with an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter